FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Stoove

Guide - Power Auras for Everyone!

Introduction

Have you ever found that you're missing out on refreshing Water Shield, that your Earth Shield keeps falling off or that you always miss the debuff timer on Ultraxion? These are all common problems, but they have the same solution! Power Auras Classic, an addon for WoW, lets you customize graphics which can change or animate your screen to remind you do do certain things, or give you information about any event you like.

Power Auras is an incredibly powerful tool, but it can be daunting to new users! Everybody I've talked to about it has expressed how difficult they found it to make something useful out of the myriad options, sliders, menus, etc. This guide is centred around using some basic ideas and examples as a way of introduction to using and creating with Power Auras. This process will talk you through the challenges of making a good Aura and arm you for creating your own. What it will not do is show every feature and combination - that would take forever! The guide is split into the following sections:

Where to Begin

After installing Power Auras Classic and enabling it in WoW , log in and type /powa - this will open the main Power Auras menu, which allows you to control the activation of Auras, to debug them, to manage and delete them and to enable/disable them. To edit an Aura, you can right click on its icon to show the edit pane. The Aura's effect will also be shown on your main UI (and highlighted in green). There are also buttons for importing or exporting auras, which I will make use of now.

Press the Import button on the main window and paste in the following string;

Version:4.23; buffname:Spirit Link Totem; begin:1; x:-80; customname:Spirit Link Totem; bufftype:15; speed:1.6; exact:true; PowerType:0; off:true; customtex:true; combat:true; size:0.24; y:-247; timer.enabled:true; timer.cents:false; timer.Relative:CENTER; timer.Transparent:true; timer.ShowActivation:true

Now right-click the icon that appears in the grid window and replace "Spirit Link Totem" with any ability with a long cooldown that your character has. Congratulations! You've just enabled your first Power Aura! When you enter combat, the icon for your ability should appear near the bottom-centre of your screen. When you use the ability, the icon will disappear until it's ready for use again. That's the basic functionality of a Power Aura.

• Like 4

Your First Aura

So now we dig a little deeper into creating Auras and making them your own. Perhaps the title confused you? Well, I believe that an Aura isn't truly yours until you've at least had a good long think about how it fits into your UI - Ideally, everyone would make all their own Auras completely custom for their own interface. I'll guide you through a few things as a starting point.

Firstly, we're going to move the Aura I gave you around. Right click the icon to open the edit pane and look for the sliders named "Position X" and "Position Y" - moving these sliders will change the horizontal and vertical position of the icon I've given you. You should be able to see the Aura highlighted in green on the screen as well - if not, left click its icon in the main window. You can move the Aura around by click-and-drag on the green highlighted area, or you can use the more accurate positional controls (shown in the screenshot below). Have a think about where your Aura would go best on your UI and move it there. Now you have "your own" Aura. Nice!

Posted Image

The important sections of Power Auras; Red - Aura Controls, Green - Extras, Blue - Management Controls

Now let's make some more changes - By clicking the "Timer" tab (highlighted in Green above) and checking "Show", you enable a timer to show you when the cooldown will be available. If you go to the "Animation" tab and select an option from the "Begin Animation" menu, you enable an animation when the Aura becomes active - so you don't miss it! There are many different options like this, and it's best to just have a play around until you find something you like. (Seriously, the best way to get to know PowA is by messing around - go mess about some and come back later!)

I'll assume that by this point you've played about with the first Aura quite a bit and have got bored with it. Want to make a new one? OK then, we'll walk through making a low mana warning Aura. Start by pressing "New" in the Power Auras "Aura Management" section in the main panel (highlighted in blue in the screenshot above). This opens up the customization menu for the new Aura and places a new icon in the main panel.

The best place to start is by selecting what you want the Aura to trigger off.

Since we're doing a mana checking Aura, find in the "Activation Options" section (Red, above), choose the "Mana" option from the dropdown menu and set the "Threshold" slider to 70% (or whatever you think "low mana" should be). Now check the "In Combat" option in the "Enable Controls" section (Red, above). Have a play around looking at the other options in that area. You might want to select the Spec number you want it activated in, or if you're a tank you could select the "Focus" option to make the Aura display when your focus target is on low(ish) mana.

Now select a texture for your low mana warning. By checking "WoW Textures", you can use the in-game textures for UI overlays, and by not having it checked you can use the Power Auras default textures (have a look at some of them and pick one you like - I'd pick texture number 141 myself). Select the size and position with the sliders just below (Red, above) and the colour using the colour selection pane (click the white box above the "Random Colours" checkbox). You can select an animation for the Aura too, if you want to.

And that's it! You now have a functioning "Low Mana Warning" Aura. Good job! If you don't want it, Shift-Click it in the Aura Select section (Blue, above). Awesome! There are loads of settings to play with, so experiment and see what you can do.

Edited by Stoove
  • Like 1

Making a Good Aura

Making a good Aura is challenging, to say the least. While there is a large amount of context to it (since the best Aura for you will undoubtedly depend on the other UI elements you've got), I believe that there are several keys to making a good Aura. Good Auras must;

• Be intuitive to understand - there's no use having an Aura for everything if all it does is confuse you. This gets more important the more Auras you have - if they aren't easy to understand, you will spend more time struggling with your Auras in combat than you would waste on watching your action bars.
  • Be easily differentiable from other Auras.
  • Take up a relevant amount of space - The size and positioning of the Aura should be just right. You wouldn't use an Aura half the size of your screen for something that isn't absolutely crucial to success, and you wouldn't make an important Aura tiny and tucked away in the bottom corner of your screen. It's worth taking the time to think about how big it should be and where it can fit without obstructing your view. This can also work the other way - I've rearranged my whole UI several times so it fits around my Auras better.
  • Be easy to see - any Aura that can't catch your attention when it needs to is useless.
  • Not be distracting - Auras don't make good players. Paying all your attention to your Auras will destroy your playstyle, so don't make your Auras too distracting when they aren't relevant.
Some of these problems conflict somewhat; the obvious example being "easy to see" and "Not distracting". The balance between the above criteria is a fine one, and means that you must constantly look for improvements in your Auras if you're to have a good chance of finding the best ones. I do have a good first-order solution, though!

When making an Aura in a hurry, it's important to find an icon or picture for the Aura which will allow it to be easily recognisable and not be intrusive. You could play around with new textures and colours, but a reasonable solution is to use the Blizzard icon for the related skill. This way, the Aura will be easy to read since you already know what its icon means (e.g. "Spirit Link Totem is available now"). You can find an example of how to make a Blizzard icon Aura later in the guide.

More Advanced Functions

There are many many MANY more options which you can play around with. I honestly haven't had time to play with all of them, but I'll list the ones I have found extremely useful:

Making Auras invisible - useful if you want an Aura thay just plays a sound or is used as a dummy (see next item) - To make it imvisible; Change the colour to White and move the slider down to Black, then tick "Glow".

Making a "Dummy" Aura - Dummy Auras can be used to make a check for something you want to have (or don't want to have) and do nothing else. You can then connect the Dummy Aura to another Aura by typing the Aura number into the text box next to "Exact Name" in the "Activation Options" section (remember that the chaining is to the input: you must put the dummy's number in the other Aura - the wrong way round and it won't work!). Find the Aura number by mousing over it in the management pane.

Inversion - By checking the "Inversion" option (highlighted Green in the picture above), you make the Aura do exactly the opposite of what you tell it to do in the rest of the menu. Example; an Aura which would normally show when a spell is off cooldown will now show only when it is on cooldown.

Edited by Stoove
  • Like 1

An Example

I'd humbly submit my UI as a reasonably good example of using Power Auras - I have cooldown reminders at the bottom of my screen and reminders in my peripheral vision of when I've forgotten something important. I made myself my own "mana meter" (four blue spots), as well. I also have the center of the screen free for mechanic warning Auras - I have a "your mana is below 75% and Mana Tide is off cooldown" warning, and I also put warning for things like Ice Lance stacks there as well. The warning icons are big and hard to miss (they also obscure the screen so I REALLY can't miss them because they are crucial). The cooldown Auras are small and near the bottom - I can check them easily whenever I want but won't be distracted by them.

Not shown in the screenshot below are two new Auras I'm toying with - Nature's Swiftness and Trinket1 cooldown availability Auras which will be very small and on the left of the screen - I do not need to know those very often, but when I do they must be close to the healthbars.

I think that pretty well sums up my experience with Power Auras! I hope that you got something out of the guide, and I sincerely thank you if you read this far. Make good use of your new skill, and go make Power Auras for ALL THE THINGS!

Stoove.

Edited by Stoove
  • Like 1

Stoove's UI for a Restoration Shaman, and selected import strings:

Posted Image Stoove's UI with Power Auras highlighted.

Riptide:

Version:4.23; anim1:4; g:0.1255; icon:spell_nature_riptide; buffname:Riptide; r:0; begin:1; x:-160; customname:Riptide; bufftype:7; texture:73; inVehicle:0; speed:1.6; customtex:true; combat:true; size:0.24; y:-225; texmode:2; ismounted:0; timer.h:1.56; timer.Texture:WhiteRabbit; timer.enabled:true; timer.cents:false; timer.Relative:CENTER; timer.Transparent:true

Mana Tide Totem:

Version:4.23; g:0.7412; icon:Spell_Frost_SummonWaterElemental; buffname:Mana Tide; r:0.0824; x:10; customname:Mana Tide Totem; bufftype:7; inVehicle:0; customtex:true; combat:true; size:0.24; y:-225; texmode:2; ismounted:0; customsound:alert_35.wav; timer.a:0.75; timer.h:1.56; timer.Texture:WhiteRabbit; timer.enabled:true; timer.Relative:CENTER; timer.Transparent:true

Spirit Link Totem:

Version:4.23; icon:Spell_Shaman_SpiritLink; buffname:Spirit Link Totem; x:95; customname:Spirit Link Totem; bufftype:15; speed:1.6; exact:true; customtex:true; combat:true; size:0.24; y:-225; timer.enabled:true; timer.cents:false; timer.Relative:CENTER; timer.Transparent:true

Unleash Elements:

Version:4.23; icon:Spell_Shaman_ImprovedStormstrike; buffname:Unleash Elements; x:-75; customname:Unleash Elements; bufftype:7; customtex:true; combat:true; size:0.24; y:-225; texmode:2; timer.enabled:true; timer.Relative:CENTER; timer.Transparent:true

Water Shield:

Version:4.23; anim1:4; icon:Ability_Shaman_WaterShield; buffname:Water Shield; begin:1; x:-245; customname:Water Shield; stacks:1; speed:1.6; customtex:true; combat:true; size:0.24; y:-225; texmode:2; inverse:true

Water Totem:

Version:4.23; icon:INV_Spear_04; buffname:3; x:192; bufftype:19; texture:221; symetrie:1; combat:true; size:0.88; torsion:0.76; y:94; texmode:1; inverse:true

Other totems:

Version:4.23; icon:Spell_Nature_GuardianWard; buffname:1/2/4; x:-220; bufftype:19; texture:53; alpha:1; sound:23; combat:true; randomcolor:true; y:89; texmode:1; inverse:true
Edited by Stoove
  • Like 1

The pre-created section of the Guide is now finished. Please provide any feedback you wish; typos, corrections, additions, whatever you like! A copy of this guide will soon be posted on my blog as well (check my sig). Cheers!

Stoove

/feint

This is so cool. I'm on a tight schedule this afternoon, but you can expect me to edit this post with more feedback later today or tomorrow.

Awesome stuff. A;ways stayed away from Power Auras (I'm pretty minimalistic with my addons of late), but reckon I'll give this a proper bash when MoP comes out. Looking to do a full UI overhaul and reckon this will be one of my mainstays!

Great write-up again :)

Post more! :P

Hehe thanks! Power Auras is one of the few addons that I think I must, MUST have these days. I just don't think I'd play nearly as well without it - my Riptide usage would be even more awful for one! =3

Glad you like it! ^_^

I read everything and didn't find any typo. I think we're going to open a UI/Addons section and put this guide in it.

I have two suggestions.

You should use the

[code]...[/code]
BBcode tag when you give stuff like console commands or Power Auras code.

When you give your table of content, you can link to the related post. In the top right corner above each post, you can see an id number (for example, #11 for your last post), when you put the cursor over it, you see something like this in the action bar of your browser: #entry1729. With this, you can use the "Add Goto Anchor" button of the editor. It will allow you to do something like this: Stoove's last post.

Thanks for the tips. I'll update this when I get home from work! Posted Image

Edit: Updated and completed with the recommendations.

Edited by Stoove

So what I want to do for my fire mage is setup Power Auras to show different auras based on crit's of a certain value. I thought there was a way to do this in conjunction with Parrot or MSBT? Any thoughts and is this possible?

So what I want to do for my fire mage is setup Power Auras to show different auras based on crit's of a certain value. I thought there was a way to do this in conjunction with Parrot or MSBT? Any thoughts and is this possible?

I don't know if that's possible. I remember stumbling into the same issue and what I did in the end was to set filters on Parrot so that only big crits with Fireball and Pyroblast would show in the battle text. Maybe Stoove has a better idea that would actually use Power Auras.

Hmm this might take some looking into - I hope you don't mind if I put it on my list of things to do. I imagine it might take some extra addon coding to feed info from MSBT to PowA - sorta like GTFO does.

OK I had a look at PowA and what I think you need to do is find a way of creating an aura ID for Crits above a certain size. This might well be something you can mod MSBT to do, but that's waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay out of my area :) I think that's what the GTFO interface does; it should also work for Crits.

Well thanks for looking into it Stoove. That's way beyond my abilities too :) If anyone knows of an addon or an easy way to do this (stress on easy) let me know. On a side note I am using Power auras to track Holy Power at 3 stacks now and it gives me both a visual animated warning and a thunderclap audio cue. Loving it!

• Like 1

Sweet! :D

Yeah sorry I couldn't be of more help. There's a chance that the alternative to PowA (it's called Weak Auras) can do what you want; the problem is that I don't understand WA at all. Like; I couldn't get it to track a cooldown. Wish I could have just solved the problem though :)

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By repodude
      Hello! 
      I'm pretty good with weak auras and even some lua code but i cannot for the life of me figure out how to make this weak aura.
      heres the basic function i want:
      Prototype Personal Decimator - only fires a missile when you are at least 10 yards away.
      I want the icon to show when I am <10 yards ( too close) to my target to remind me to back up. Once i am >=10 yards, i want the icon to hide.
      it sounds simple but i cant figure it out
      can anyone help me figure this out please ? :)
    • By Pandacho
      The guide was updated for Legion.
      Profile to import is here.

ElvUI is a full UI replacement. It completely replaces the default Blizzard UI at every level with a new and better interface. It has multiple addons and plug-ins integrated into it, such as Dominos action bars and TidyPlates. As such, you’ll only ever have to update ElvUI and not worry too much about its individual components. This UI will arrange your interface to be more flexible and practical.

DOWNLOADING AND INSTALLATION
      Download ElvUI from Tukui. The version on Curse is outdated.
      Following the above link, you will find two addons to download: Tukui and ElvUI. You need ElvUI:

Unpack the downloaded archive to your WoW Addons folder (World of Warcraft -> Interface -> Addons)

If you had ElvUI previously installed, you'd get a message asking to replace the current folder - click 'Yes':

Log in to WoW. Click the 'AddOns' button in the left bottom corner of your character selection screen. Make sure that both ElvUI Config and ElvUI are enabled in the addons list:

Press 'Enter World'. ElvUI config can be reached from the Main Menu (in game press Esc button-> press ElvUI button) or by typing /ec in chat.
      When entering the game for the first time after installing the addon, you'll get this screen :

If you can't see this Installation screen, type /ec in chat and then press 'Install' button in the config window:

You’ll now have a 8 step configuration process. Do not skip it if you don’t have ElvUI already configured on some other toon.

[1] Click on ‘Continue’ to begin:
      [2] Step 2 of 8: CVars: Click on ‘Setup CVars’ → ‘Continue’
      [3] Step 3 of 8: Chat: Click on ‘Setup Chat’ → ‘Continue’
      [4] Step 4 of 8: Theme Setup: you can try all 3 buttons (Classic/Dark/Class) to see the difference and click ‘Continue’ after you decided.
      [5] Step 5 of 8: Resolution: choose ‘High Resolution’ if you have a 15 inch + monitor, otherwise choose ‘Low Resolution’ → ‘Continue’
      [6] Step 6 of 8: Layout: Choose the option you are interested in - a player / target / target of target Unit Frames will be at the bottom of the screen, not on the top and in a slightly different position for every role (You can click on every role to see the difference and to choose what you like better). If you chose a Healer role, you will get an announcement asking you to install the Clique addon, just click ‘Yes’ and ignore it, no need to install anything.

Click ‘Continue’ when you’re done.
      [8] Step 7 of 8: Auras: I would advice for ‘Icons Only’ - we don’t need a million bars and timers for standard raid buffs. We all know that they are present. But you can select the ‘Aura Bars&Icons’ option too if it’s you taste. Click ‘Continue’ when you’re done.
      [10] Step 8 of 8: Installation Complete: You’re done with the basic installation, hit the ‘Finished’ button and it will reload your UI.
      After restarting, you’ll get a screen with a support announcement and tips. Check “Disable”, then press “Hide” if you don’t want these tooltips to come up. I suggest not to hide them until you’re completely familiar with ElvUI.
      Now we’re going to configure your UI a bit more.
      Typing /ec in chat will open the Config window.

GENERAL:

There are some very nice options here that make your life easier:

- ‘Announce Interrupts’ dropdown menu. Set this to ‘None’ if you are using some other addon for it or set to any of the other options: Party/Raid/Say, etc.
      - Select an ‘Auto Repair’ option from the drop down menu.
      - Tick ‘Vendor Grays’ - awesome option!
      - Tick “Auto Greed/DE’ to automate rolling on greens. It’ll automatically choose Disenchant or Greed (depending on whether an enchanter is available or not). This option works only on max level so don’t be afraid to DE something useful.
      - You can disable the Order Hall Command Bar from here too. 
      - In the Objective Frame tab you can change its length.

Go through the rest of options and check whatever you feel useful.

MAPS:
      Before Legion it was a dropdown menu that was changed recently to a stand alone config window:

While a 'World Map' tab is pretty obvious, you should configure properly the Minimap section:
      - Pay close attention to the Minimap Buttons menu (Garrison / Calendar / Mail / LFR Queue, etc) - you can resize, move, hide / hide in combat all the buttons.
      You should pay attention to the ‘Hide’ button. For some reason it is ticked by default so you’ll have to untick it for every button you want to see on your Minimap.

DATABARS:
      Same as Maps, it was a dropdown menu in General tab and was changed recently to a stand alone config window:

If you are still leveling or grinding Faction Reputations, you can configure here
      - XP Bar & Reputation 
      You can choose here all the standard options - move, resize, vertical / horizontal, show on mouseover.
      Tick 'Hide at Max level' for the XP bar - it's a nice option.
      Artifact Bar:
      A very useful in Legion - it shows gained/needed for the next trait AP for your currently equipped Artifact and open the Traits window on mouse click.

Go through the rest of options and check whatever you feel useful.

ACTION BARS

- Tick ‘Enabled’
      - Tick ‘Keybind Text’. Displays bind names on the action buttons.
      - Tick ‘Macro Text’. Displays macro name on the action button so you'll be aware that pressing this button you'll run a macro and not a single ability.
      - Change ‘Font’ and ‘Font Size’ to whatever works for you.

‘Pick Up Action Key’ is the button that you must hold down in order to drag an ability to another action button - prevents from accidental messing with the buttons.

Now check “Enabled” for Micro Bar (this is the one with Quests, LFR, Char Info, Spellbook, etc icons), any of the Bars 1-6, Pet Bar and Stance Bar. Actually, you can enable only Bar 1 and 2 or whatever works for you and disable all the rest.
      For every bar, there is a ‘Mouse over’ tick box - this will simply hide the bar until you mouseover it, which is useful for bars that are irrelevant during raids.
      In enabled Bars, you can choose the number of buttons per bar and vertical or horizontal style.
      - The ‘Buttons’ slider will allow you to set how many buttons a bar will have (the button cap is 12 though, you cannot have more than that in a single bar).
      - ‘Buttons Per Row’ - choose 12 if you want a horizontal bar, choose 1, if you want it vertical bar.

Actually you don’t have to have exactly 12 buttons per bar. It can be any amount from 1 to 12 or even 2 rows of 6 buttons or any other configuration that you prefer.
      If you want to hide an Action Bar in a specific situation, for example during a raid, you have to type
      [vehicleui] hide; [overridebar] hide; [petbattle] hide; [nocombat] hide; show;
      in the 'Visibility State' window.

Moving elements
      Now we will sort the bars on the screen. Click ‘Toggle Anchors:’

You will then get this screen:

Just mouse drag your bars to the proper position.
      If you feel that your bars are stick to something all the time, just untick ‘Sticky Frames’ option in the central Menu.
      In addition, you get a 'Nudge' menu with arrows and numbers on every bar you are clicking - you can use it for fine tuning (if you are interested in extremely precise positioning ^^)
      When you’re done, click on ‘Lock’ in the central Menu.

Key Bindings
      To configure Hot Keys on your Action Bars, click on ‘Keybind Mode.’

You will get this window pop-up:

Tick Character specific Key Bindings only if you want different positioning of hotkeys on the bars for different characters. You’ll get an explanation of what to do on the screen. Do not forget to click ‘Save’ when you’re done.

BAGS:
      Click ‘Enable,’ if you want to use ElvUI’s bag system. It’s nice, tidy and flexible in size and positioning. If you have an external bag addon, you will have to disable ElvUI’s bag system or you’ll get both of them messed up.
      I personally preferred to disable ElvUI bag system and use AdiBags addon. It’s the same graphic style but has very good smart section division by default including different gear sets - no need to configure anything. In addition you can have all the Currencies you want to track at the bottom line.
      Looks like this:

BUFFS AND DEBUFFS
      Both ‘Enable’ and ‘Disabled Blizzard’ must be checked.

CHAT:
      You can play here with the options or leave it untouched, move and resize chat  windows, remove / split existing or add new, add timestamps, enable chat history, etc.
      Let’s try to add a new chat window, so you’ll know how to do this.

[1] Right click on the ‘General’ tab of your Chat window and select ‘Create New Window’ from the menu.
      [2] Name this window ‘Raid.’
      [3] Right-click on the newly created ‘Raid’ chat window and select ‘Settings.’
      [4] From the ‘Chat’ category, untick everything except ‘Party, Party Leader, Raid, Raid Leader, Raid Warning, Instance, Instance Leader.’
      [5] From the ‘Global Channels’ category, untick everything.
      [6] Click ‘Okay.’
      Remember that you can move chat windows - you will have to untick ‘Lock Positions’ option to do this.

DATATEXTS:
      Datatexts are all the additional data that could be displayed at the bottom of chat windows, Action Bars and Minimap. 
      You can also interact with the datatexts. For example, clicking on Time will bring up Calendar, on Durability - your Character Info, on Spec - will change it to the secondary, mouseover on System - shows your addon list with the memory used, etc.
      There is a nice tab 'Currencies' where you may configure which currencies and in what format you want to see in Datatexts.

Frankly, there are a million possibilities to try :)

NAMEPLATES 
      If you are using external addon for the Nameplates, you’ll have to untick “Enable” here.
      Check “Enable” in tabs you want Nameplates on (I personally check only Enemy NPC but it's completely your choice):

There are a lot of options to track and to choose from but they are all very user friendly so I wouldn't explain them one by one.
      Pay Attention that the Elite Icon was finally added to ElvUI so you don't need to write custom texts to track Rare and Elite mobs anymore.

SKINS / TOOLTIPS / FILTERS
      Doesn’t matter. Do whatever you want here.

UNITFRAMES:
      Enable only the UNIT FRAMES tabs that are relevant for you. All the rest - keep them disabled.
      You should disable all the Blizzard frames - keeping both Blizz and ElvUI frames creates unnecessary mess on your screen.
      For example as a raid healer I disable all the party/raid frames because I’m using VuhDo for it.
      You can use Clique and mouseover macros with ElvUI Unit Frames.
      ElvUI Raid Frames are very flexible: you can move and resize them, choose vertical or horizontal positioning. Any target data, buffs and debuffs could be configured separately for every kind of group. You can add and remove targets of your target, focus or pet, their cast bars, name, HP, level, raid icons, etc.
      If you are interested in tracking incoming heals or  threat, there are options for this too.

PROFILES:
      The most awesome thing about ElvUI is that after you did it once, no need to configure the addon for every character. Just choose the toon or a named profile that you want to copy the settings from. If you have a viable offspec, you can also ‘Enable Dual Profile’ to configure it.
      Or you can just save different profiles for 10-man / 25-man raid or for tank / dps spec.
      Another nice option is to share your profile with other player (obviously they should have ElvUI too) when targeting them.

I'm sharing my profile here for those who prefer not to start from scratch.
      Use 'Import Profile' button to import :)
    • By Adjourner
      There are two variants for this build and depending on preference: Grim Scythe (stable dps) or the Devour (burst dps)
      Briggs' Wrath + Avarice Band+ Goldwrap + Boon of the Hoarder + Frailty Aura of Frailty +Life from Death creates a giant aura (that is almost the size of the screen) to pull all the enemies towards you, to paint an easy target for devastation.

Skills:
      Grim Scythe variant:
      Grim Scythe Cursed Scythe Corpse Lance Brittle Touch (single target burst) or Corpse Explosion Close Quarters (multi-target burst) Bone Armor Dislocation Blood Rush Potency Land of the Dead (I prefer Frozen Lands to stop goblin hoards) Frailty Aura of Frailty Devour variant:
      Devour Cannibalize Corpse Explosion Close Quarters Bone Armor Dislocation Blood Rush Metabolism (Speed) or Blood Rush Potency (Survivability) Land of the Dead Shallow Graves Frailty Aura of Frailty *Note: Corpse Lance isn't recommended for this build. Also this variant is better playing with a team is because it's a double edged sword, it's easy to have the flow stop when there aren't a good supply of elites coming your way and you will feel like you're dead in the water. However it is a choice for the Grim Scythe build due to the consistent damage that grim scythe itself can deal.
      Passives:
      Stand Alone Spreading Malediction Life from Death (Survivability) or Blood is Power (Additional CD reduction) Swift Harvesting (Grim Scythe) or Blood is Power (Devour) - Until the bugged Fueled by Death is fixed  
      Items:
      Weapon: In-geom
      Off-Hand: Leger's Disdain (grim scythe build) or Lost Time (speed)
      Set: Inarius's Conviction + Inarius's Martyrdom + Inarius's Perseverance + Inarius's Reticence + Inarius's Understanding + Inarius's Will
      Necklace: Wisdom of Kalan
      Belt: Goldwrap
      Ring #1: Krysbin's Sentence
      Ring #2: Avarice Band or Briggs' Wrath (whichever rolled better)
      *Note: For your items, I suggest getting additional gold/health glob pick up area to add to the passive affects that we're wanting to boost
      Kunai Cube:
      Trag'Oul's Corroded Fang
      Avarice Band or Briggs' Wrath (whichever wasn't rolled very well with)
      Aquila Cuirass or Grasps of Essence (depending if you're using corpse explosion - also note I suggest adding Flawless Royal Diamond to some sockets to add some resistance if you're giving up the damage reduction)
      Legendary Gems:
      Bane of the Trapped
      Boon of the Hoarder
      Gogok of Swiftness (Grim Scythe) or Wreath of Lightning (Speed)
      Gems:
      Helm: Flawless Royal Diamond
      Everywhere Else: Flawless Royal Diamond (Survivability) or Flawless Royal Topaz (Damage)

Rotations:
      Grim Scythe variant:
      Keeping Bone Armor on cooldown, this is the most important thing for this build to work because of the damage reduction and damage boost you get for the set bonus Corpse Lance/Corpse Explosion is used against the champions, rares and uniques. Land of the Dead will be used when during large encounters/boss fights. Blood Rush will be used for traveling/utility (especially when In-geom is procced). Grim Scythe will be used in all other cases. Devour variant:
      Bone Armor (keeping on cooldown), to get things started. Land of the Dead to start building your momentum when your 1st elite pack shows up. Corpse Explosion  you'll be using as your main point of dps because you'll be dragging everything on the screen towards you, piling towards the center to deliver devastating splash damage. Blood Rush + Devour in sync will be used as your movement utility, which during your In-geom proccing will make Devour almost needed because of how quick you'll be moving and how quickly your health will drain. -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Reference for a standard ancient only build: https://www.d3planner.com/236420675
      Reference for a perfected build: https://www.d3planner.com/376141709

• By Friedbones
      Hello all.  I usually update my Elvui using the Tukui client.  But for some reason today their webpages are giving me a "page not found" error message.
      Is anyone here using Elvui and if so, are you able to find their webpages?
    • By bobifle
      Hello,
      I just wanted to share something that can greatly benefits resto druids. Maybe I'm just stating the obvious or the already well known but Vuhdo has a great feature that completely changed my resto gameplay. It's the hot minibars.

I play most of the time with germination, meaning I have 3 main hots to monitor: 2 rejuv (2 blue minibars), and 1 lifebloom (purple minibar). Efflorescence has already a visual effect making it easy to track and wild growth is not a hot you want to maintain.
      This make tracking hots on your party/raid a piece of cake. You know exactly which hot is about to expire and you can anticipate refreshs, especially in those hard hitting mythic10+, making sure your tank is never running out of hots.
      Here's the minibars in action:
      Here's the vuhdo profile, but you may simply play with the hot bar options and colors: