Prekist

Stats for frost

Sign in to follow this  

4 posts in this topic

Hi,

I just wanted to ask about exact stat priority. Should I just get as much versa as I can?

Second thing is, what is the weight of every stat for Pawn Addon?

Armory (might be helpful) http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/defias-brotherhood/Prekist/advanced

I wouldn't even ask, but i played with ~25% CS/H, Icecap/Avalanche , Runic Attenuation and Obliteration for a day now and its pretty damn good.

Yeah seriously, i mean, in the guide they have up it says versatility over all, i find that hard to believe.

I mean, is it really our primary stat over haste and crit? Do we just straight drop crit and haste and go versatility? No soft caps for crit or haste BEFORE going versatility? what should our haste and crit look like before we start valuing versatility as our main stat?

So, frost stats are a horrible mess right now. In short for the most accurate weights you have to self sim yourself. Why? Mastery doesn't help obliterate. Crit was more beneficial to frostscythe builds and required there. Using runic attenuation you end up borderline GCD capped which starts to devalue haste. The only stat that seems to benefit everything is versatility. So, once you get any new piece of gear with varied stats, it muks up the calculations. 

So, the most technical answer is there is no answer that will work for all. Now there was a guideline that was proposed by a mad hamster that was 25/25 haste crit. Running self sims and farting around, it works well, however, the 25 haste is a bit much. I don't see huge differences between 20 and 25% and thats due to diminishing return walls. So, the bar I have set for myself is 20% haste, 25% crit, then stack versatility from there. Crit is there to fish out hard critting rime howling blasts, and the hope that SF will Crit. Now, these are my own characters numbers, they may not work 100% for you, but this is the guideline i'm using. It is the middle ground between what self sims are saying and what play testing is saying. 

So the technical answer is you must self sim, the personal answer to at least give you a starting point, you have. The choice of which to follow is yours. 

There's one problem with stacking too much haste, too: you, human, has to react fast enough for it to be valuable. In a Mythic or Raid situation where you have to take care of many other factors, this may not always be possible.