FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Pellegrini

Feral aoe advice needed for mythic+

So currently I am playing with Lunar Inspiration, Soul of the forest and Bloodtalons when I go mythic+.

It gives me alot of energy and I get to use swipe alot. But someone told me that I should play Predator and Brutal Slash..

I think feral aoe damage kinda sucks, but still I would like to improve my aoe and play with the optimal build.. What do you guys play with and how do you pull out as much aoe as possible?

Best regards,

Pellegrini :)

I think feral aoe damage kinda sucks

From what I've seen myself this is probably true. Instead of trying to catch up with some ultra oriented ae class build, you may want to focus on killing high priority targets first like casters or targets that triggers annoying skills.

You won't be first in the damage meter list but you'll still be helping your group, reducing the amount of healing required. During boss fight you'll be probably be more effective than others.

I'm not a pro but maybe someone will confirm what I just said.

Not sure if you're still looking for advice, but the build I play with lets me keep up with most classes in aoe, although it sacrifices a little single target I feel focusing on trash is much more of a priority in mythic+.

I go with either Predator or Blood Scent depending on the affixes. If it's something that needs everything to be cleaved down at the same time I will go with Blood Scent, otherwise Predator is good if you can kill things unevenly.

Next I go with Savage Roar, a 25% damage boost on Bleeds such as Thrash is a great thing to have.

Finally I go with Brutal Slash. Savage Roar really boosts Brutal Slash and puts out some great aoe damage combined with Thrash and those Shadow Thrash procs.

I'm no expert but this is what I roll with and it gives me a decent aoe output.

I hope it helps. :)

I ran a M+4 and M+6 Darkhart T yesterday. On the +4 i had the same build as you pellegrini, with this build I topped the DPS log over a DH and Warlock on the last boss but lot in overall DPS, because of all the mods. Then with the +6 we I took  Predator and Brutal Slash with this my overall DPS in the dungeon did get a 30K bump, but on the last boss fight, I was 2de under the the warlock. 

So in my opinion, if this was a premade/friend group ask them what they need more AOE or single target. The icy-veins guide will also help a lot, it's a good read and the openers helped me a lot. 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Jonesy0000
      Hi Team
      I am recently returning from a few years away from the game and I have decided to go back to my much loved main throughout wrath, the feral druid. I have always been a cut above the rest and managed to be top dps all through wrath. 
      I was reading your guide and noticed in the talents you don't take savage roar. Can you explain the match behind this as to me it seems like the more viable option. 
    • By Cybark
      Any opinion on the Azerite gear with "Flesh rending"?
      I tried it and although it makes you add "Thrash" to your rotation, all your shreds now deal 926 more dmg, which brings Shred from 2090 dmg (2508 on bleeding targets) to 3016 (+20% on bleeding targets). My dps went up quite a lot since I took this Azerite talent.
      Although it is mentionned in the Icy Veins "Azerite Traits" page on the Feral DPS section, it does not appear on the Azerite Trait Chart, showing how much % it brings to you dps compared to other traits. I haven't seen any Youtube Feral Player mention it in their video either.
      I wonder if it would be worth it to change some feral talents for something that allows to cast more shreds (like Moment of clarity, etc.. 
      Try it. It's worth it. It might be our savior.
      Any opinion on this?
    • By Casdon
      [US] Stormreaver — Skunkworks
      Tuesdays & Thursdays: 7:00 P.M. to 11:00 P.M. (pst) || 9-1 (cst) || 10-2 (est)

Progression
      10/11M Antorus
      9/9M ToS
      10/10M Nighthold
      3/3M Trial of Valor
      7/7M Emerald Nightmare

Website
      skunkworksguild.com

About Us
      Skunkworks is a guild for players who can not or do not want to commit to the time-intensive raid schedules of traditional "hardcore" guilds.
      However, we still maintain a high caliber player environment and make an efficient use of our raiding time.
      We raid Tuesdays and Thursdays from 7:00 - 11:00 PST, just 8 hours a week and never more.

We are very protective of our guild environment and selective in recruitment. We are looking for solid players mechanically as well as intellectually.
      We all get paid to deal with idiots, why should we pay to spend our leisure time with them as well?

Skunkworks has been around for multiple expansions and has historically always been at the top of the 2-night raiding guild scene.

Past Raiding Achievements

#US 199 Mythic KJ #US 186 Mythic Archimonde #131 US Heroic Garrosh #68 US Heroic Ra-den #77 US Heroic Lei Shen #86 US Heroic Sha of Fear #106 US Heroic Madness of Deathwing #99 US Heroic Ragnaros #147 US Sinestra #91 US Heroic The Twilight Destroyer (Halion) #71 US Heroic Fall of the Lich King #247 US Tribute to Insanity #160 US Alone in the Darkness Current Guild Needs
      Amazing Range DPS ---Exceptional Candidates always considered regardless of recruiting needs.

How to Apply
      Apply with Google Forms
      https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSeL-LW1-7rRK28Z3Nswg4xD3-jjQWrIsCh77rYOdxKwY0oPPQ/viewform.
      All applications are kept private.
      Please include at least the following.
          Prominent links to relevant armory pages ]A guild history with reasons for departure
          The reason(s) you have chosen to apply to this guild
          Warcraft Logs
          UI screenshots or fraps/Stream footage

Contact Information
      Shadaka (GM)
      Real ID:Shadak#1881

Aerivore (Recruitment Officers)
      Real ID:  Aerivore#1581

Sovm
      Real ID: Sov#1192
    • By Liseth
      So, my guild and me are trying Eonar mythic, and I feel like I can deal more aoe dps.
      Here is gear that I am currently using, and I also have these in my bags:

And here some logs of the fight.
      So, what can I do to improve? Any tips and tricks would really help.
    • By Valkas
      Hello all! I figured i'd make this thread to get some up to date information on the AOE rotation for unholy.  Currently i'm 935 ilvl, and I run Incstructor's fourth lesson and Soul. (For lack of a better option.) However it is my understanding that these two legendaries make for the strongest aoe rotation. Is this true?

That is my first question. My second is what is the priority for aoe when running these two. Is it to wait for defile to drop, then festering wound a target a couple times, then Scourge Strike? Or is the priority to just put Wounds on then pop them asap, dropping the defile whenever it's available. Typically I wait for defile before I start building Wounds, but given the soul and the extra talent, i suspect it's better to just aoe without Defile if it's unavailable or perhaps just better to rarely spend runes on defile? Curious as to your thoughts!