Pellegrini

Feral aoe advice needed for mythic+

Sign in to follow this  

4 posts in this topic

So currently I am playing with Lunar Inspiration, Soul of the forest and Bloodtalons when I go mythic+.

It gives me alot of energy and I get to use swipe alot. But someone told me that I should play Predator and Brutal Slash..

I think feral aoe damage kinda sucks, but still I would like to improve my aoe and play with the optimal build.. What do you guys play with and how do you pull out as much aoe as possible?

Best regards,

Pellegrini :)

I think feral aoe damage kinda sucks

From what I've seen myself this is probably true. Instead of trying to catch up with some ultra oriented ae class build, you may want to focus on killing high priority targets first like casters or targets that triggers annoying skills.

You won't be first in the damage meter list but you'll still be helping your group, reducing the amount of healing required. During boss fight you'll be probably be more effective than others.

I'm not a pro but maybe someone will confirm what I just said.

Not sure if you're still looking for advice, but the build I play with lets me keep up with most classes in aoe, although it sacrifices a little single target I feel focusing on trash is much more of a priority in mythic+.

I go with either Predator or Blood Scent depending on the affixes. If it's something that needs everything to be cleaved down at the same time I will go with Blood Scent, otherwise Predator is good if you can kill things unevenly.

Next I go with Savage Roar, a 25% damage boost on Bleeds such as Thrash is a great thing to have.

Finally I go with Brutal Slash. Savage Roar really boosts Brutal Slash and puts out some great aoe damage combined with Thrash and those Shadow Thrash procs.

I'm no expert but this is what I roll with and it gives me a decent aoe output.

I hope it helps. :)

I ran a M+4 and M+6 Darkhart T yesterday. On the +4 i had the same build as you pellegrini, with this build I topped the DPS log over a DH and Warlock on the last boss but lot in overall DPS, because of all the mods. Then with the +6 we I took  Predator and Brutal Slash with this my overall DPS in the dungeon did get a 30K bump, but on the last boss fight, I was 2de under the the warlock. 

So in my opinion, if this was a premade/friend group ask them what they need more AOE or single target. The icy-veins guide will also help a lot, it's a good read and the openers helped me a lot. 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By hippi87
      Hey guys im struggling to get the dps i should do (raidbots and logs from player with euqal ilvl)
      maybe you can check my gear and my logs to help me improve something :) thanks
      Armory: https://worldofwarcraft.com/de-de/character/khazgoroth/hiippiih
      Single Target log : https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/Lncj8ZM2gGtPkwrN/#fight=5
      Multi Target log: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/Lncj8ZM2gGtPkwrN/#fight=7
      Multi Target log 2 :https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/Lncj8ZM2gGtPkwrN/#fight=11
      thx at @ all 
    • By FastForward11
      Does casting Ferocious Bite on a target with Rip active who is under 25% health ( or any health with the Sabertooth talent) while Tiger's Fury is active result in the refreshed Rip getting the bonus damage from Tiger's Fury
    • By Valkas
      I played at the launch of legion for a good month or two, but i've recently come back. I picked up unholy and I really like it but I like to have some alts so i'm looking for another option.

Now, to clarify my question. What I mean when I ask for complexity is perhaps not everyones definition. When I play my UDK, I understand the basics. Put on wounds, pop wounds=Damage. Obviously it's a lot deeper than that in terms of our kit but thats the general gist. When I play UDK, I feel as if I play it more i'll get better. There's some RNG, and lots of varying situations as to what button I need to press next to squeeze out the most dps.

That's the kind of thing I crave. And i'm curious what other classes have this type of playstyle in the same or varying degrees. I know for a fact feral is in this camp, and if i'd guess i'd say it's the most complex class in legion at the moment. The problem is I don't really like Feral's flavor. I tried Arms warrior but my problem with it was i'd colossus smash...and then just hit the guy. It never really seemed to change and that got on my nerves a little, despite me loving the flavor. 

To summarize, what classes do you guys thing have the deepest pool of choices, the most you can wring out of them by practice and mastery of them. Whether that be through best rotation or maybe even a legendary or two that mix it up for them. Thanks in advance!
    • By Dharshay
      Hello. I'm having a bit of trouble with my feral druid :c I recently got a new legendary as well(I only have the ring, the chest and the boots LW made). I initally ran chest/ring and noticed  a very big dps loss. So i tried boots/ring and my four peice and I didnt see much better?(keep in mind if i wear the legendary chest, I do not have my 4set).
      I can only get around 650 plus maintained dps. Maybe a bit more.  
      https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/character/moon-guard/keoke

I notice a heavy loss in dps when I have to move away from the boss, as well. Though I try my best to keep rake/rip uptime. I'll try to get a combat log I think we ran one tonight, though im unsure. 

My opener:
      7seconds into pull, regrowth, stealth, 2 into pull; pre pot(the potion of old war), and pounce on target with rake-get five stacks and rip. tigers fury, etc. 
      EDIT: I should note i just realized im screwing up the opener. But I don't think that would damage my overal dps that much? 

• By GraphicsJohn
      I recently started playing druids. Can anyone tell me why my Troll Feral Druid has Moonkin form and my Night Elf Feral Druid does not?