FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Zagam

Warlock UI (by request)

NICE TRY SHOWING OFF YOUR DIREHORN ACQUISITION, GRAVY!

#CALLEDOUT

• Like 1

NICE TRY SHOWING OFF YOUR DIREHORN ACQUISITION, GRAVY!

#CALLEDOUT

was the only pic i had on hand of me out of combat. :(

Suuuuuuuuuure. "Hey guys, look at my UI? OH YEAH I JUST REMEMBERED TO TAKE A SAMPLE SHOT AFTER SOLOING A WARBRINGER AND GETTING ME A NICE DIREHORN MOUNT! don't mind me at all..."

Suuuuuuuuuure. "Hey guys, look at my UI? OH YEAH I JUST REMEMBERED TO TAKE A SAMPLE SHOT AFTER SOLOING A WARBRINGER AND GETTING ME A NICE DIREHORN MOUNT! don't mind me at all..."

lol is all that comes to mind.

@Syntii, Thanks, I've put in a lot of time / effort into my UI to get it just the way I want it. There are still some minor things I'm currently working on but for the most part its finished.

Zagam, could u export to us your weak auras? /lazybitch

PS: I Lol'ed hard looking at your chat.

I was wondering if I suck this much and I'm so noob to have only about 550k HP... Then I realized: spell_shadow_felarmour.jpgFel Armor. I'm so releaved :D

This doesn't seem to play nice with Brokre2FUbar(Former fubar/titan) etc. How do you get it to play nice with

Mr Plow (bag organizer)

Archy/Arh

ItemRack (not the name, but the actual name is escaping me)

Are all of those built into ElvUI?

Below is my UI. Here is my goal and I'm not sure if ElvUI is what I need. Things I like

A) My portrait and my targets portrait.

B) The text at the top that says PVE is my itemrack. One click switching (PVE, PVP, Pet, Fish)

C) 80% is my durability. I like seeing that

D) Mr. Plow is a bag organizer.

E) The white flag is the logger. Easy click to turn on off

F) The Super Mario Bros 1-Up mush room is my warning to cast Doom (perfect aim(

G) Buffs/Debuffs top right of screen

H) Key bound spells left part of screen

I) Stuff I click on right hand

J) Tiny caster stats at the top. Quick glance of spell power. This can go as aff dots does the same thing for me.

Affdots and Recount also.

Can ElvUI help with this, or am I better finding something else?

Posted Image

Edited by Twinkielock

This doesn't seem to play nice with Brokre2FUbar(Former fubar/titan) etc. How do you get it to play nice with

Mr Plow (bag organizer)

Archy/Arh

ItemRack (not the name, but the actual name is escaping me)

Are all of those built into ElvUI?

Below is my UI. Here is my goal and I'm not sure if ElvUI is what I need. Things I like

A) My portrait and my targets portrait.

Posted Image The text at the top that says PVE is my itemrack. One click switching (PVE, PVP, Pet, Fish)

C) 80% is my durability. I like seeing that

D) Mr. Plow is a bag organizer.

E) The white flag is the logger. Easy click to turn on off

F) The Super Mario Bros 1-Up mush room is my warning to cast Doom (perfect aim(

G) Buffs/Debuffs top right of screen

H) Key bound spells left part of screen

I) Stuff I click on right hand

J) Tiny caster stats at the top. Quick glance of spell power. This can go as aff dots does the same thing for me.

Affdots and Recount also.

Can ElvUI help with this, or am I better finding something else?

1) Why do you need portraits? ElvUI does not use portraits by default, but I think you can turn them on in the settings.

2) ElvUI has a setting that automatically changes your gear based on the environment you're in. If you join a BG or arena, it makes sure you have your "PvP" set on. Same when you join a dungeon or raid. It basically takes away a notification you are already requiring.

3) ElvUI uses various data points on your screen to let you know of things. For me, Durability is the 2nd of 3 data displays on my left chat box.

4) ElvUI uses a sophisticated yet simple bag organizational tool. Various settings let you do things like auto-repair gear when clicking a repair vendor and automatically vendoring all gray items. The bag system is very awesome in that each bag system has 5 buttons. You have a sort button which auto sorts your items. You have a stack option which stacks all similar items. There are 3 other buttons, but I haven't used them. No need.

5) Logger? Like World of Logs? Just make a macro for that and put it in your action bars.

6) ElvUI and your UI has nothing to do with the Perfect Aim notification. That is done with weak/power auras.

7) ElvUI can be customized to show buffs and debuffs (auras) the way you describe. However, I find it much more powerful to use the way I have it set up in ElvUI where your buffs are shown over your character panel as well as in the upper right hand corner. Your target's debuffs, however, are over their target frame. I customize this to only show my debuffs because I really don't care how many applications of Serpent Sting my target has. You can also set up the enemy health bars to show DoTs and debuffs on them. Very convenient for tracking which targets have Doom.

8) Do you mean keybound stuff on the right hand of the screen? ElvUI's action bars are fully customizable. You can add buttons, decrease buttons, turn the bars vertical, horizontal, or make them disappear. My pet "bar" is no longer a 10x1 vertical column. It is a neatly organized 4x3 box.

9) ElvUI automatically skins all your addons to make everything look exactly like ElvUI's skin. It makes things look really sexy. As said before, ElvUI uses 9 data displays that you can customize. I think on my left chat box, I show Haste, Durability, and Mastery. On my right chat box, I show latency, time, and gold. On my map display points, I show guild members and friends online.

The one thing you'd want to get used to with ElvUI is hitting C to bring up your character pane. You'd also want to get used to all your keyboard shortcuts like I for instances, L for quests, N for talents, P for your spell book, etc. You can re-add that little tool bar from the basic WoW UI, but I find it to be completely unnecessary. Some, like you, do fine with the default UI. I can't get over how crappy the default UI is now that I'm used to Tuk/ElvUI.

• Like 1

1) Why do you need portraits? ElvUI does not use portraits by default, but I think you can turn them on in the settings.

2) ElvUI has a setting that automatically changes your gear based on the environment you're in. If you join a BG or arena, it makes sure you have your "PvP" set on. Same when you join a dungeon or raid. It basically takes away a notification you are already requiring.

3) ElvUI uses various data points on your screen to let you know of things. For me, Durability is the 2nd of 3 data displays on my left chat box.

4) ElvUI uses a sophisticated yet simple bag organizational tool. Various settings let you do things like auto-repair gear when clicking a repair vendor and automatically vendoring all gray items. The bag system is very awesome in that each bag system has 5 buttons. You have a sort button which auto sorts your items. You have a stack option which stacks all similar items. There are 3 other buttons, but I haven't used them. No need.

5) Logger? Like World of Logs? Just make a macro for that and put it in your action bars.

6) ElvUI and your UI has nothing to do with the Perfect Aim notification. That is done with weak/power auras.

7) ElvUI can be customized to show buffs and debuffs (auras) the way you describe. However, I find it much more powerful to use the way I have it set up in ElvUI where your buffs are shown over your character panel as well as in the upper right hand corner. Your target's debuffs, however, are over their target frame. I customize this to only show my debuffs because I really don't care how many applications of Serpent Sting my target has. You can also set up the enemy health bars to show DoTs and debuffs on them. Very convenient for tracking which targets have Doom.

8) Do you mean keybound stuff on the right hand of the screen? ElvUI's action bars are fully customizable. You can add buttons, decrease buttons, turn the bars vertical, horizontal, or make them disappear. My pet "bar" is no longer a 10x1 vertical column. It is a neatly organized 4x3 box.

9) ElvUI automatically skins all your addons to make everything look exactly like ElvUI's skin. It makes things look really sexy. As said before, ElvUI uses 9 data displays that you can customize. I think on my left chat box, I show Haste, Durability, and Mastery. On my right chat box, I show latency, time, and gold. On my map display points, I show guild members and friends online.

The one thing you'd want to get used to with ElvUI is hitting C to bring up your character pane. You'd also want to get used to all your keyboard shortcuts like I for instances, L for quests, N for talents, P for your spell book, etc. You can re-add that little tool bar from the basic WoW UI, but I find it to be completely unnecessary. Some, like you, do fine with the default UI. I can't get over how crappy the default UI is now that I'm used to Tuk/ElvUI.

#1. While I try to always improve, and I'm always tweaking with things, some old habits die hard.

#2. Auto switcher should help. How does it work with Fishing/Pet battle gear though?

#3. Can I put durability and that info on the top of the screen like Broker/Fubar has it? I like to keep my chat screen for chat

#4. Is the bags similar to Bagnon? (Makes one giant bag out of your bags. Mr. Plow sorts this

#5. Yes world of logs, and I do have a macro. I just like the little icon at the top that confirms I'm recording or not

#6. I just wasn't sure if PA/WA played nice with ElvUI

#9. I know you can put all that extra info in chat boxes, can it go on the top?

I think this is just going to be a weekend project. I like my clunky UI, I'm just trying to make it better.

^^^

3. Durability & other stats display on the very bottom of the chat window in a sub-bar. Very minimalistic. You don't even notice that it's a part of chat.

4. Yes you can choose to have it show as one large bag. There are buttons to vendor all your gray items and to auto sort items based firstly on quality and then type of item.

6. WA plays very nicely with ElvUI. :D

9. Never tried, possibly? I used Titan panel once, but I don't really miss it after ElvUI.

• Like 1

^^^

3. Durability & other stats display on the very bottom of the chat window in a sub-bar. Very minimalistic. You don't even notice that it's a part of chat.

4. Yes you can choose to have it show as one large bag. There are buttons to vendor all your gray items and to auto sort items based firstly on quality and then type of item.

6. WA plays very nicely with ElvUI. Posted Image

9. Never tried, possibly? I used Titan panel once, but I don't really miss it after ElvUI.

Can I see a shot of yours?

Honestly, get rid of portraits, especially 3-d rendered ones. Performance sucker. Also, learn to adjust to your durability and other things at the bottom of the screen. When you adopt ElvUI, you will have space to neatly put Recount above your 2nd chat window. Also, get rid of Recount. Learn to use Skada. Might as well if you're going to do an overhaul.

You will create enough space that you can do whatever you want with your WA/PA. WA/PA goes with any UI since you can adjust the size, notifications, etc within the WA/PA addon itself.

Yes, the bag addon acts like one big bag. The modification of ElvUI over TukUI allows you to purchase bags, show bags, and place new bags in your bank and personal inventory. This was impossible with TukUI without disabling it, so that's a plus.

Whatever you do, don't get discouraged making the change. I've made the UI change and this was the first real week of raiding I've done with it. I've lost track of some things I depend on such as my WA strings. They kinda hid each other...didn't know that until I needed it, so I died to Tortos (no shell absorption tracker), died to Dark Animus (a WA icon hid my feet when screen angle turned) by getting hit by Anima Font, and I died to Lei Shen because I had two Auras stacked up on each other not showing my effective HP. I blew too many CDs and ended up dying later when I needed one (Static Shock). I don't suggest a heavy overhaul during progression. Your UI will be different. Things will be VERY different if you're going from those horrific action bars to ElvUI's action bars. Make the change then delete your old addon folder. Get rid of all that other junk that uses up processing power. You really only need weak/power auras, ElvUI, Skada, Affdots, and DBM. Makes for a much better gaming experience.

Whatever you do, don't get discouraged making the change. I've made the UI change and this was the first real week of raiding I've done with it. I've lost track of some things I depend on such as my WA strings. They kinda hid each other...didn't know that until I needed it, so I died to Tortos (no shell absorption tracker), died to Dark Animus (a WA icon hid my feet when screen angle turned) by getting hit by Anima Font, and I died to Lei Shen because I had two Auras stacked up on each other not showing my effective HP. I blew too many CDs and ended up dying later when I needed one (Static Shock). I don't suggest a heavy overhaul during progression. Your UI will be different. Things will be VERY different if you're going from those horrific action bars to ElvUI's action bars. Make the change then delete your old addon folder. Get rid of all that other junk that uses up processing power. You really only need weak/power auras, ElvUI, Skada, Affdots, and DBM. Makes for a much better gaming experience.

THere are a few other addons that I can't live without.

Archy/Arh

EPGP and EPGPLootmaster (I handle the guilds loot and epgp)

A few others whose name I am forgetting.

How do those addons work with ElvUI?

Also what is the difference between Sakada and Recount? I'm not in love with Recount so I can easily switch.

Can I see a shot of yours?

After I get home I can. It's pretty similar to Zagam's though. Differences being that my Recount is in the top left, I have an action bar on the right of my screen and my Affdots addon is between my health bar and my target's health bar (opposed to vertically to the left of mine).

Oh and I have a medium sized purple bar that fills up to clearly show my Demonic Fury in combat. It was just a WA. I also have a WA that tracks an assortment of buffs and CD's that I use regularly. It shows big icons when I don't have a food buff, flask or pet out that disappear once I take care of them. (when I'm in a raid only)

Edited by Omaric

Recount is the hot girl everyone wants. She's functional, pretty, and pretty much the common desire.

Skada is that gorgeous girl wearing glasses that you overlook. Then she lets her hair down, takes the glasses off, and you're like...WHOA.

Really, though, Recount is fairly limited in its reporting features. It also is EXTREMELY heavy in usage. Recount will be 30-40% of your add-on usage after about an hour of raiding. Skada provides MANY different possible reporting options including useful reports like linking all damage done to a particular add or reporting who took the most damage from something bad, such as Anima Font. Skada is also easy to create two windows to track DPS and healing which is useful to some. Skada is also super light and won't hog your processing resources.

• Like 2

I would think 'addons' were a pretty integral of threesomes... Sorry ;)

Zagam, are you're UI still the same? I seem to remember you were still tweeking it.

THere are a few other addons that I can't live without.

Archy/Arh

EPGP and EPGPLootmaster (I handle the guilds loot and epgp)

A few others whose name I am forgetting.

How do those addons work with ElvUI?

Also what is the difference between Sakada and Recount? I'm not in love with Recount so I can easily switch.

Honestly, every addon is going to work with ElvUI. Sometimes you'll run in to cases where they both will do the same thing and sometimes override one another. You can easily turn off a lot ElvUI's extra features like its bags function in the options menu. If you're considering giving it a try, just dive right in and find out which addons are acting funky. More than likely there won't be any issues, just cases where you're getting the information twice. Decide if you want your old addon or ElvUI's version of that addon and disable accordingly.

Looking at your screenshot I see that you run a fairly low res which I assume means you have a small screen like me. A lot of the people posting their UI's have giant monitors which allows them to make some pretty clean looking UI's.

I run on a 13.3" laptop so I run in to the same clutter issues as you. That was, until I installed a UI kit like ElvUI. Being able to reduce the size of action bars and making stuff transparent/mouseover enabled frees up a ton of room on your screen. I know some guilds won't even recruit you if the UI screenshot you link them has less than 60-70% free space available (don't remember the exact number).

You can get an idea of what ElvUI looks like on a smaller screen by looking at mine. I don;t post mine to brag because I don't put a lot of time in to making it look perdy like some other people, even though their UI's make me drool sometimes. My lock UI needs some love though since I've been tanking for my guild on my pally. My pally's UI got some serious overhaulin' since I really didn't want anything wonky on screen while tanking/RLing. That's probably the UI worth posting lol.

Posted Image

Lots of collapsable/toggleable stuff. I guess a shot with my WA and DBM timers would be more accurate, but I'm lazy.

Collapsable Omen, tooltip that hides on combat, toggleable recount( I'm too used to my hotkeys that switch between windows to switch to skada Posted Image), mouseover microbar, disabled panel backdrops on the chat panels. It really frees up a lot of your screen.

Edited by Cruzan
  • Like 1

I have a 21-22 inch monitor and I play at 1980-1080 (I think, #'s might be off)

Show off ;)

@Cruzan What texture are you using for you health and target-bars? It looks great :)

Show off Posted Image

@Cruzan What texture are you using for you health and target-bars? It looks great Posted Image

I don't mean to show off. Honestly I'm not. Just saying what I'm working with. Trying to make it better :)

Show off Posted Image

@Cruzan What texture are you using for you health and target-bars? It looks great Posted Image

"Blizzard."

@Twinkie: Dayum. Your UI is definitely in need of some work then with how much room you've got available Posted Image