FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Zagam

Warlock UI (by request)

Okay I'm liking Sakada so far.

Few questions.

#1. The old mini map icons how do I get rid of that?

#2. I have the chat the size I want, but the input screen is tiny. How can increase that

#3. Does ElvUI have a way to use class colors in chat, or should I use prat for that?

#4. Why are my buffs shown twice?

#5. Same with targets debuffs (corruption)

#6. What are those icons on the right hand of the screen by the mini map?

#7. Could someone who uses ElvUI post their screenshot in a raid enviorment?

This is a work in progress, but I am liking it so far.

Thanks

Posted Image

• Like 1

Edit:

I've just downloaded ElvUI to try and make things a little less clunky than I'd been working with, and I have some questions/need some help.

#1: Answered myself. RTFM.

#2: Does this thing come with raid frames, or do I need to stick with my old Vuhdo for that? On a side note, anyone know why Vuhdo likes to randomly move when I change toons? Sometimes it stays in place, and sometimes I log in and it's it's way the hell away.

#3: I like putting my raid frames dead center on the bottom, and I keep them on all the time partly because I play a bunch of toons and like keeping the same UI across them all, and partly for thinks like getting quick rezzes out, watching to call for raid CDs, etc. That seems to be very close to where you guys keep your target and personal unit frames (where do you guys keep your focus unit frames?). Where's another good place to put them that isn't where my raid frames will be going?

Edited by Kazistrasza

Okay I'm liking Sakada so far.

Few questions.

#1. The old mini map icons how do I get rid of that?

#2. I have the chat the size I want, but the input screen is tiny. How can increase that

#3. Does ElvUI have a way to use class colors in chat, or should I use prat for that?

#4. Why are my buffs shown twice?

#5. Same with targets debuffs (corruption)

#6. What are those icons on the right hand of the screen by the mini map?

#7. Could someone who uses ElvUI post their screenshot in a raid enviorment?

Holy shit does your screen look so much better. Good work. Now let's fine-tune it.

#1 - literally click them and drag them. You have a ton, so I'm not sure how to hide them. If you left-click, you can drag them in a circular fashion. Someone else might be able to help getting rid of them.

#2 - Are you talking about where you type? That should adjust when you change the font size by right clicking the chat panel you want and adjusting the font size. If that doesn't work, there is an adjustable feature in the settings to change the size.

#3 - ElvUI DOES have a way to color player's names with their class color text. It also allows you to set up your raid frames so that the healthbars are colored appropriately to their class as well.

#4 - Your buffs are tracked as Auras. There is a huge customizable Aura setup that you can fine tune. You can take your buffs in the upper right corner off. Honestly, who looks there for their buffs? Also, to see if you have all your raid buffs, the upper right hand side of your mini-map shows the 6 buffs. I notice in the SS you took, you have 0. The first icon denotes your 5% stat buff. 2nd one is Stamina, 3rd is Spell Power, 4th is Haste, 5th is Crit, and 6th is Mastery. Buffing Dark Intent will darken out your 2nd and 3rd buff square. For your procs and buffs that display over your character panel, I would think this the only place you need them. For more specific proc notices such as UVLS, you got Weak Auras.

#5 - Corruption bar denoting time remaining is up twice because you have another add-on tracking it and loaded. Turn off other add-ons to reduce clunkiness.

#6 - Covered in Answer #4

#7 - I will repost my shit with a bunch of procs running live tonight. I'll also host another chat session specifically to ElvUI customization so we can hammer this and any other questions people have. Perhaps tonight around 7-9p Eastern? I'll post that stuff when I get home.

Edit:

#2: Does this thing come with raid frames, or do I need to stick with my old Vuhdo for that? On a side note, anyone know why Vuhdo likes to randomly move when I change toons? Sometimes it stays in place, and sometimes I log in and it's it's way the hell away.

#3: I like putting my raid frames dead center on the bottom, and I keep them on all the time partly because I play a bunch of toons and like keeping the same UI across them all, and partly for thinks like getting quick rezzes out, watching to call for raid CDs, etc. That seems to be very close to where you guys keep your target and personal unit frames (where do you guys keep your focus unit frames?). Where's another good place to put them that isn't where my raid frames will be going?

Of course this thing comes with raid frames. It has THE BEST raid frames you could ever imagine. I can't remember the exact option, but I think it's raid size or something. There is an option to toggle viewing and not viewing each raid frame. ElvUI stores customized frame options for 5 mans, 10 mans, 25 mans, and 40 man settings. You can move this anywhere you want, but they default to just over the left chat frame. They are sexy. When you do your initial set up, make sure you choose your role. For us, it would be ranged DPS. This will put the frames on the left side. You can then move them, adjust the size, track auras of players, and do TONS of other crap.

For all of your moving UI features, when you have ElvUI up, type in /moveui. (Without the .) This will open up a very complex but simple organizational view where you can move your frames wherever the hell you want them. This includes boss frames (up to 3), arena frames (up to 5), focus frame, focus target frame, player frame, pet target frame, etc. As a Warlock, I use the Clique add-on with Soulstone bound to Shift-Right click on my mouse. If I'm ressing someone, I can quickly target their frame and hold Shift and right-click and it'll Soulstone them. You shouldn't need any other targetting features ever.

• Like 1

I second the comments of Zagam. I'll try to do a screenshot of mine too, but It'll most likely be on my ele shamy. I use the same UI for all my dps classes (weakauras aside), so it should be okay to compare with.

Holy shit does your screen look so much better. Good work. Now let's fine-tune it.

#1 - literally click them and drag them. You have a ton, so I'm not sure how to hide them. If you left-click, you can drag them in a circular fashion. Someone else might be able to help getting rid of them.

#2 - Are you talking about where you type? That should adjust when you change the font size by right clicking the chat panel you want and adjusting the font size. If that doesn't work, there is an adjustable feature in the settings to change the size.

#3 - ElvUI DOES have a way to color player's names with their class color text. It also allows you to set up your raid frames so that the healthbars are colored appropriately to their class as well.

#4 - Your buffs are tracked as Auras. There is a huge customizable Aura setup that you can fine tune. You can take your buffs in the upper right corner off. Honestly, who looks there for their buffs? Also, to see if you have all your raid buffs, the upper right hand side of your mini-map shows the 6 buffs. I notice in the SS you took, you have 0. The first icon denotes your 5% stat buff. 2nd one is Stamina, 3rd is Spell Power, 4th is Haste, 5th is Crit, and 6th is Mastery. Buffing Dark Intent will darken out your 2nd and 3rd buff square. For your procs and buffs that display over your character panel, I would think this the only place you need them. For more specific proc notices such as UVLS, you got Weak Auras.

#5 - Corruption bar denoting time remaining is up twice because you have another add-on tracking it and loaded. Turn off other add-ons to reduce clunkiness.

#6 - Covered in Answer #4

#7 - I will repost my shit with a bunch of procs running live tonight. I'll also host another chat session specifically to ElvUI customization so we can hammer this and any other questions people have. Perhaps tonight around 7-9p Eastern? I'll post that stuff when I get home.

'

Corruption twice. I had my tracker turned off. I turned something on in ElvUI. I'll dig deeper.

Font size. I made it bigger but the area where you type was still tiny. I'll dig around more when I find it. Speaking of font I'll dig deeper to find class colors. The two biggest things I like about Prat is Class colors, and copy and paste ability.

Where is the built in item rack plugin? (The PVE/PVP auto switching thing) Does that work with a 3rd set of gear? (battle pets)

I really really like BrokerBar. I'm assuming with the toggle anchors section I can move those buff bars, and mini map down a little bit.

Thanks again for everything! I had to go back to default last night for our raid but I have all weekend to get this right. Next on the To-Do list is those action bars. (I am a semi-clicker)

Best way to get used to new things is to just keep using it. Eventually you'll forget your standard stuff. Also, Prat is obsolete with ElvUI. Just play more with the customization options and you'll find everything you know and love. The copy/paste is huge, so I understand that.

Thanks again for everything! I had to go back to default last night for our raid but I have all weekend to get this right. Next on the To-Do list is those action bars. (I am a semi-clicker)

Razer Naga should help with that. :D I also find it very helpful to bind shift/ctrl/alt to all the different motions you can do with the mouse wheel. Opens up a handful of easy to use combinations.

Is the chat class color and the built in item rack a plugin? I've searched and searched and can't seem to find it.

Also what does it mean if I want to enable a skin?

A question about chat.

Top picture. Is showing class colors for chat but not system messages.

Bottom picture. Showing all, but the typing portion is tiny.

Is there a way I can get the colors of the bottom picture to style/layout of the top?

Another question about the hotkeys. WIth the default UI you can switch your hotkeys out. These are currently bar #6 on ElvUI. Is there a way I can make those my temp keys that are assigned to the numerical #'s? Best way to describe this is changing the row of hot keys in the default. There was a little button you could click on to switch it out. For example the #9 hot key was also bound to my thumb button on the side of the mouse. Usually this casts meta. If I had my other bar "active" it would fish.

Posted Image

Posted Image

I've noticed that the data in the chat boxes changes if you're in PVP. Where can I configure this?

Posted Image

I like unit frame in the top left. I have no need for the 3d one. However if I disable it, I no longer see temp buffs. Also all of the buffs in the upper right hand corner are not showing up.

WHere can I find this config menu?

Thank you for all of your help with this. Certanily a work in progress but it's much better than the old. (Please ignore the action bars, those are next on the to-do list.

Edited by Twinkielock

Good afternoon all. Thank you for the help so far.

I have a few questions about this setup.

1. How can I move the targets buffs/debuffs below the health bar

2. How can I change the color of the health bar is hostile?

3. Somehow I turned them off and for the life of me I can't find how do I turn on temp buffs back on? (It was on other screen shots)

Thanks!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Went through install wizard again to look for this. Changed resolution and it blew everything back to default... FML there went the day.

Edited by Twinkielock

Only Weak Aura I use is the one for Unerring. Stole it off of a thread on mmo-champ. Nothing special. And yeah, this Warrior was amazed at my HP, gear, and the fact I only raid 12 hours a week. I tried to put him down easy...lol

I don't see your WA in the pic - also you recall where at as I having no luck finding it.

Here is my UI - think I could do little more work on it

Posted Image

I understand the color scheme on AffDots, but would mind explaining to me what the numbers mean?

Also, is there a way to get ElvUI to show aura timers in MM:SS format on the unit frames instead of abbreviating to just 5 or 2 for 5min/2min?

I understand the color scheme on AffDots, but would mind explaining to me what the numbers mean?

The numbers are essentially the value of your current stats compared to the stats when you applied the DOTs, done in a percentage. So 100 means they're the exact same. 50 would make them weaker, 200 makes them stronger.

I don't see your WA in the pic - also you recall where at as I having no luck finding it.

Here is my UI - think I could do little more work on it

Posted Image

Literally in Google, type in "Warlock Weak Auras" and it'll bring you right to the MMO-Champ post. They have every single possible WA string available.

Also, is there a way to get ElvUI to show aura timers in MM:SS format on the unit frames instead of abbreviating to just 5 or 2 for 5min/2min?

To expand on what juribe said, the numbers are a percentage/proportion type number explaining the relative power of your DoT as compared to when you applied it. If you see a 109, your DoTs, are approximately 9% more powerful than they were when you applied them. A number 200 means they're twice as strong as when you applied them.

Literally in Google, type in "Warlock Weak Auras" and it'll bring you right to the MMO-Champ post. They have every single possible WA string available.

I saw the one with whole bunch one for each spec, just didn't think you was using them all and was just using one or didn't think that post was the right one again, I look at it again

There are package deals as well as each possible single WA string. Just pick and choose which ones you want.

Thank you, Juribe and Zagam.

Anything on making DoT times display in MM:SS format with ElvUI?

Not sure ElvUI is "better" than TukUI. I was getting a lot of errors with Tuk and it felt like the updating process with it wasn't on spot. So far, I've seen no errors with ElvUI. Personally, I like changing things a lot. I think ElvUI is much more customizable and much cleaner in terms of visual coolness. I'm not done customizing it yet, as I still need to modify my boss frames, add some WeakAuras, etc. I think it just comes down to personal preference.

Thanks for the clarification. I've upgraded my machine since that post, and I think I'm read to handle Elv again. If anyone has any feedback it would be appreciated.

Posted Image

Thank you, Juribe and Zagam.

Anything on making DoT times display in MM:SS format with ElvUI?

Why would you need this? It already displays seconds below 60, and do you really care about the seconds part of a 1:38 duration? The only relevant DoT here for this discussion is Doom...it shouldn't matter how much time is left on it. UVLS proc = reapply, otherwise, leave it alone.

It's what I've always been used to. I've never had a UI that didn't have the option, and I kind of feel naked without the ability to get that level of accurate information. I also keep track of Curse of Elements this way so I don't forget when I need to reapply it (yes, Affdots can help with this, but I really only like Affdots for Corruption/Doom).

Well I'm unsure if you can change that, but it does just put a large single digit displaying duration over it. Curse of Elements will show 5 from 5:00 to 4:01, 4 for 4:00-3:01, 3 for 3:00 to 2:01, 2 for 2:00-1:01, then count down 59, 58, 57, etc. This is what Doom will do, as well.

You mention you only care about Affdots for Corruption and Doom...Affdots is for tracking the power of your DoTs and reapplying for optimal performance. Since you mention those two DoTs, I'm guessing you're talking about Demonology. You shouldn't be concerned with the spell power of Corruption. It's going to get refreshed through proper execution of the spec regardless of your ability to control the spell power. Also, it hits for next to nothing, so increasing it isn't worth the effort. Secondly, Doom's damage isn't as important as the 100% crit effect. You're not going to overwrite a Doom crit with a more powerful, non-guaranteed crit Doom, so that info is largely irrelevant. You should only care if there is a "c" next to Doom's number indicating the guaranteed crit effect. Affdots is primarily, as the name would suggest, for Affliction. It's helpful for Destruction and Demonology to see information, but not so much the power of the DoT itself.

Where is the item rack feature of ElvUI? I've been searching and can't find it.

Also can ElvUI work for a make-shift "Tri-spec" feature? Could I make changes to destro, save it, learn Aff save it, and if I go back to my trainer my bars are exactly how I left them?

Not sure about the item rack thing, as I don't used that myself, however I got an answer for you regarding specs.

With ElvUI, you can craft as many different 'profiles' as you like. Per default it will create one for every character you log in with.

However there is nothing keeping you from making more profiles for the same character.

I would suggest you make on for each of your specs. Simply copy you Demo profile, give the copy a new name, and then make as many changes to it as you like. It's fairly easy, jsut be careful you don't erase or overwrite your Demo profile by accident :)