L0rinda

List of Kazakus Potions and Potential Fix News

Sign in to follow this  

10 posts in this topic

KOLMGw6.jpg

The new meta is still forming, but even at this early stage it seems that Kazakus will be a large part of it. This article shows all of the available potions, and explains how the ordering of the spells when cast is likely to change.

The first trick to remembering all of the options is to realise that  in the potion creation stage, nearly all of the choices are fundamentally the same no matter whether the spell costs 1, 5, or 10 mana. The cost of the spell simply powers up the effect. There are ten different effects to choose from, which are outlined below. The spells are remembered more easily when you group the effects by numbers.

1, 2, 3 effects:

Icecap: Freezes 1, 2, or 3 enemy minions.

Ichor of Undeath: Summons 1, 2, or 3 friendly minions that died this game.

Kingsblood: Draws 1, 2, or 3 cards.

Shadow Oil: Adds 1, 2, or 3 random Demons to your hand.

LTeD57L.png

Other effects in number order:

Felbloom: Deals 2, 4, or 6 damage to all minions. 

Goldthorn: Gives your minions 2, 4, or 6 extra health. 

Netherbloom: Summons a 2/2, 5/5, or 8/8 demon.

Heart of Fire: Deals 3, 5, or 8 damage.

Stonescale Oil: Gives 4, 7, or 10 Armor.

Mystic Wool: This card is unique in that it has no effect for 1 mana. It either turns a random enemy minion into a 1/1 Sheep, or all enemy minions into 1/1 Sheep.

mBDumLs.png

At the moment, many of the pairings work according to the game engine, rather than in the best order, which means that Kazakus is not working as intended. An example of this would be minions that are getting killed by damage are then getting frozen before leaving play. This is correct in terms of how the game works, as deaths are always processed last, but the spells are going to be made to work outside of the regular game engine. This will make them more powerful and intuitive.

Blizzard LogoMike Donais

We are already working on this. Feel free to post stuff like this on our bug forums. (source)

This reply on Reddit confirms that the idea of the custom Spell is that it will resolve in an order beneficial to the caster, and that it will likely be changed very soon.

I think shadow oil is intenteded to be used with Krul that summon them at cost 0 removing battlecry that way even if you have Pit Lord you don't activate him

1 hour ago, Hanz39 said:

I think shadow oil is intenteded to be used with Krul that summon them at cost 0 removing battlecry that way even if you have Pit Lord you don't activate him

There is a cost...that you make a deck without duplicates. That makes you lose consistency.

Edited by YourGod
New Idea

While I agree with the two of you that Shadow Oil is by far the worst option, I feel like it's not an especially bad option, apart from in that you lose a more immediate impact fromthe spell. I think that mostly it's going to be used in combination with Krull, but I feel like if you're in a game that you are confident is going to go right down to fatigue, you can afford to take the demon option just to get a few more potential resources, especially if you get to combine Brann and Kazakus, which can allow you to be a little more flexible with what you take on the spells.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, YourGod said:

There is a cost...that you make a deck without duplicates. That makes you lose consistency.

You can't get that spell if you had duplicates anyway, because you won't be able to trigger Kazakus in the first place. 

I like that effect. Sometimes when you are out of cards 3 random demons is better than 10 armor or potentially fatiguing yourself if your deck is also low in control vs control match up. 

Just to add to the Shadow Oil thing, I actually do take it in a very specific situation! If I know that my card will clear the board and I still have Reno to play, I will take the 3 demons in order to get 3 more cards that Golden Monkey will change.

It works fairly well, honestly!

• Like 1

Also, shadow oil can be great in control vs control match ups.  Often you don't want to draw three cards but you do want more resources.  I mean there are better options for that when creating your spell, but you don't always get them.

Edited by VaraTreledees
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, VaraTreledees said:

Also, shadow oil can be great in control vs control match ups.  Often you don't want to draw three cards but you do want more resources.  I mean there are better options for that when creating your spell, but you don't always get them.

Yeah, I really think there are some amazing uses for it. Sometimes it's not the best, but that goes for any of them. I'd never take the board clear vs. Freeze Mage for example.