p1xel8ted

BDK Health Check Please!

9 posts in this topic

With the amount of parry you have, stacking crit isnt as survivability efficient as versatility. (Although haste/crit is dps good for M+) If you have any ilvl viable haste/versatility gear, id give that a shot. Especially over any crit or mastery gear.

Compare logs and let me know.

2 people like this

9 hours ago, p1xel8ted said:

Hi Guys,

Just after a gear health check. Cleared H EN, and currently 2/3 H TOV.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/khazgoroth/Stiix/advanced

Crit - 19%
Haste - 29% (42% max stacks)
Mastery - 33%
Parry - 22%
Vers - 6% (14% with Icor)

I've mainly being going for Crit/Haste gear. 33 ranks in wep.
1 Legendary, Shackles.

Any input/advice would be appreciated!

Your looking healthier than I am 

:)

How are you finding it? Anything in particular that feels a bit weak and maybe we can advise towards plugging that?

1 person likes this

Hey sorry for delay,

Reason for the post was, browsing the forums and it seems to be, once you hit a certain level, you swap to versatility. If that's the case, I just look for haste/versa instead? Do I still gem/chant/food for haste? Or switch that to Versa as well?

Haste;
Critical Strike >= Versatility;   //swap these 2?
Mastery.

Not to not answer your query but its complicated.

Some prefer the control of more haste = more decisions you can make due to more runes/regen

Some prefer more versa, less incoming damage, more self healing. 

Pick which one suits you and the content your doing. 

I prefer a mix of both as pure haste leaves me squishy sometimes, cant heal back if your dead, while too much versa makes me feel to slow in my rotation. 

Hope that that helps 

1 person likes this

3 hours ago, Shells said:

Not to not answer your query but its complicated.

Some prefer the control of more haste = more decisions you can make due to more runes/regen

Some prefer more versa, less incoming damage, more self healing. 

Pick which one suits you and the content your doing. 

I prefer a mix of both as pure haste leaves me squishy sometimes, cant heal back if your dead, while too much versa makes me feel to slow in my rotation. 

Hope that that helps 

My "pure tanking" build is:

20/20 crit/parry

31 haste

25 mastery

13 versa

It provides:

16+6.5= 22.5% mitigation on all attacks

16+8+6.5= 30.5% mit on 20% of attacks.

and a nice 13% boost to DS and HS healing.

The haste allows runes to be coming up quick for more HS's and used with a tanking rotation (using DS at 80% health) you're pretty much able to tank a mythic without a healer.

Im the build i have a phantasm echo and with VB, its a massive get out of jail free card.

fun well rounded build.

1 person likes this

5 minutes ago, Sniz said:

My "pure tanking" build is:

20/20 crit/parry

31 haste

25 mastery

13 versa

It provides:

16+6.5= 22.5% mitigation on all attacks

16+8+6.5= 30.5% mit on 20% of attacks.

and a nice 13% boost to DS and HS healing.

The haste allows runes to be coming up quick for more HS's and used with a tanking rotation (using DS at 80% health) you're pretty much able to tank a mythic without a healer.

Im the build i have a phantasm echo and with VB, its a massive get out of jail free card.

fun well rounded build.

Thats a pretty sweet build Sniz, I will link mine later. Think I am logged out in frosty gear.

I dont rate the echo as highly, probably as I spend more time below 50% health due to less versa perhaps.  Will have to do some more checking. 

18 minutes ago, Shells said:

Thats a pretty sweet build Sniz, I will link mine later. Think I am logged out in frosty gear.

I dont rate the echo as highly, probably as I spend more time below 50% health due to less versa perhaps.  Will have to do some more checking. 

I logged as frost as well lol

But from what I recall, my echo is the tankiest trinket I have with a nice haste boost.  I tried the Ichor (which askmrrobot likes) but with 25% uncontrollable uptime, its not always there when you need it.  I read the echo is not working properly, however.

So perhaps the echo isnt the "best" choice, but for me, i like the the auto-proc and it provides some "oh shit" protection when you need to concentrate on re-stabalizing your health.

I havent put it through the rigor of a log audit but I certainly feel tankier. Especially in dungeon content where death is slower.  It certainly may not be the best option when you're raid tanking as the raw healing may not be enough comparitively to others.  

1 person likes this

My basics

20 crit/parry

29  haste (with food and before Bone shield buff)

24 mastery

13 versa

3 Dodge

Thats with 1 dps trinket (unstable arconocrystal) and phantasmal echo for the haste buff.

Will test it out some later. 

Was running with more crit for dps and about 5% versa. Will see if the extra 76% versa makes a difference. 

Nice to get 13% more healing from DS and more damage, pity its only 6.5% less incoming damage.