Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Yelaina

Spriest in need of someone with patience

5 posts in this topic

I am currently progressing in ToT and I am looking for someone who understands all of this jibberish from Logs and stats to help me breakdown what I am doing wrong and what I have to do to improve. Quick tips might not help me, as I am more of a hands on learner it is going to take me a bit to understand and grasp how it works. So please, have patience with me.

Here is a current log from a LFR I ran today:

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/6c3zracuy54ivbtd/

Here is my Armory:

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/korgath/Yelaina/simple

Single target rotation I do as follows:

Shadow Word: Pain

Vampiric Touch

Mind Blast

Mind flay (Until Mind Blast is up again)

Mind Blast

(Whenever I am spec'd for Mind Spike to proc I usually apply it twice and refresh it after a Mindblast if it allows)

Replace DoTs

Halo whenever I can (if not needed for healing intensive encounter)

Shadow Fiend on CD

Devouring Plauge on 3x Shadow Orbs

and Shadow Word: Death (when applicable)

I would really love to know if and when using Mind Spike is appropriate, I know I need a Helm update, really badly (I am working on that). I would love to know more about what if anything I could reforge and if I need to regem. Consider me a sponge....a slow absorbing one, but never the less, a sponge.

Thank you in advance for anyone who helps me in any way, no matter how little.

Looking through the log and checking it against your current gear and build, it is quite OK. However, there are a few things that will get your DPS higher.

1. Do a proper regem/reforge. Go to askmrrobot.com, select your toon and optimise it. Since at the moment you do not have the LMG, I think that T14+ build is still for you. Regem and reforge accordingly.

2. Try to get your BiS trinkets. As awseome as UVLS trinket looks, it barey procs, and it is not optimal for spriests. My suggestion is to try and farm Troll Council and Megaera for their trinkets, those are the BiS.

3. Talents and Glyphs. Although, apart maybe from mind spike glyph, none of the others provide any dps boost, I am struggling to understand for what you would pick dispersion and MD for. In my experience, MD Glyphed is only good for fighting HC Spirit Kings in mogushan vaults, for boss #1. And I never found myself wishing I had 15 seconds shaved off my dispersion. Now, depending on the fights, I would choose Mind Spike and Inner Sanctum over MD and Dispersion. Since Mind Spike has been changed to not take into account FDCL procs, that glyph is also next to useless, unless you have fights that need adds burning down and you might need a bit of burst. But since 5.2 if I remember correctly, Solace and Insanity has been redesigned, and it now destroys FDCL in terms of DPS output. Unless the fight requires A LOT of movement, PW: I is almost mandatory, since the DPS spikes if used properly on a 3 orb DP.

Give this a shot and see how it goes :)

Your rotation has one issue: you should always open with Mind Blast and use it on cooldown - hit it in mid-channel of Mind Flay to do so. Also, since you take From Darkness, Comes Light, you should use your free Mind Spikes whenever they are available, but never use it otherwise since it consumes your DoTs.

I want to thank you both for taking the time to respond, I worked with my GM last night on AskMrRobot and fixed everything and I will be working on paying attention to getting my orbs up fast on single targets and managing my DoTs on Multi's tonight in our Raid.

Thank you both, again.

Insanity is the way to go, just make sure you won't have to refresh either dot before using it. You may also clip/recast mind flay when DP has <1s left to extend the dmg, since Insanity only looks for DP on the target at the time of the cast and not for the duration.

You will want to reach either the 8085 or the 10124(10437 w/LMG) haste caps. Then with either the LMG or T15 trinkets mastery ranks higher than crit to optimize procs.

If you are having trouble with when you refresh dots based on your procs you can get Affdots and the priest plug in, its fairly simple to set up and use.

Anything other questions just ask smile.png

Edited by Omnae

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Elliya
      Hey guys,
      I am writing for DPS help. I am currently doing crap DPS pretty regularly. I was the top DPS in casual raids for a very long time with 870-880 gear. Around New Years, I was playing while very inebriated. I equipped a bunch of the wrong gear and sold the stuff I took off. I went through the Blizzard gear recovery to get back the pieces I vendored but they were rerolled (upgraded items that were vendored at 875 came back as the base level). I have since upgraded most of the pieces and increased my item level by 11. My DPS is worse now than it was almost 20 ILs lower.
      Issues:
      DPS - lower than it was when my gear and IL was much worse.
      Astral Power generation - I feel like I am generating Astral Power far slower than the other balance druid in raid.
      Rotation:
      I follow the recommended rotations, precasting Solar Wrath when able. Otherwise its Moonfire, Sunfire, New Moon, Half Moon, Full Moon, Starsurge.
      Gear:
      Besides what is equipped, I have Whispers in the Dark 880, Oakheart's Gnarled Root 885. I have 3 of the set pieces (Robe of the Astral Warden 880, Cloak of the Astral Warden 875, Hood of the Astral Warden 875) but they are all significantly lower in IL than my current gear. I have four legendaries, the two I am wearing,  Ekowraith, Creator of Worlds and Promise of Elune, the Moon Goddess.
      Armory:
      http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/Zul'jin/Elliya/simple
      Logs:
      I used to out DPS the other balance druid in guid, Netcat. Now he destroys me.
      Spellblade Raid Personal
      Krosus Raid Personal
      Star Augur Raid Personal

• By DonLionheart
      Hello all,
      I don't know where else to go for help.  I've been struggling with enhance since the changes in 7.1.5.  Originally I thought it was a gear issue because I was performing okay on some fights in Heroic NH, but as I've gotten more gear over the past week, my numbers haven't gone up.  Here are the logs from my raid tonight: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/N8P9vaGYHCFbmtDA#type=damage-done&boss=-2&difficulty=0
      I had been using Windsong and Overcharge last week, but noticed that it was just not working out, so when I swapped to Tempest instead, my numbers were about the same, so I've been using Windsong, Tempest, and FoA, like the  Wordup guide says.  Here's a link to my Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/Arthas/Donlionheart/advanced
      I've run a few sims, but I'm new to sims and I'm not sure I'm inputting the data right, so it's not worth mentioning the outcomes.  Basically, I'm trying to figure out what I'm doing wrong.  I tested out the Hot Hands talent on the dummy tonight after raid, and I did a Windsong test too, and for some reason, they were withing 10k of one another, with Hot Hands coming out on top.  Windsong seemed to give me a bigger opening burst, but I was higher more often and for longer with Hot Hands, though by the time I stopped after 4 minutes for each, they were so close it was barely worth mentioning.  Any advice is welcome, thanks.
      -Don
      P.S. I'm also using Chesder's (from MMO Champion) TellMeWhen strings, so maybe there's a problem with those.  If anyone has WeakAuras strings to recommend, or different TMW strings, let me know.  I used to use WeakAuras from another Shaman (a girl, I think the name was Corixa, but she doesn't make them anymore), and moved to TMW when a friend had some good strings.  Thank you.
    • By oktaykalfa
      Hello There,
      i'm having problem with my dps. I need to know what is wrong with me.
      Combat Logs: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/ZRgB1bnXhjMP9yFm#fight=2&type=damage-done&source=28
      Armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/grim-batol/Serrâ/advanced
      Thanks.
    • By Jorvalt
      So, I had a concern regarding the recommended battle cry rotation for fury warriors. It says to cast battle cry and avatar, immediately followed by Rampage, then Raging Blow, then Odyn's Fury. I feel like it would be a better idea to use Odyn's Fury before Raging Blow so that you can guarantee that Battle Cry doesn't drop off before Odyn's Fury is done ticking. If it does, some of the ticks won't crit. Thoughts?
    • By Alst3r
      Hello hunters,
      i nees some help with the marksmanship rotation. I'm trying to follow the guide of azortharion

In no-proc periods:  Arcane Shot until 95 Focus, then  Aimed Shot to not Focus cap and repeat. If  Windburst becomes available during one of these periods, use it immediately and generate focus with Arcane Shot afterwards. Then, towards the end of the  Vulnerable window, cast the 2 Aimed Shots with roughly 4 seconds remaining on  Vulnerable. When you get a proc: →  Marked Shot → Keep Cast  Arcane Shot once (twice with extremely high Haste) so that there is only ~4 seconds remaining on Vulnerable → 2x  Aimed Shots.  
      But i really have some diffcult. Usually i'm doing this:
      - If vulnerable is down: cast windurst if is up or marked shot -> 1x arcane shot -> 2x aimed shot
      But really, i never have enough focus to do this and a lot of time i can cast only 1 aimed shot.

I dont understand.