FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Yelaina

Spriest in need of someone with patience

I am currently progressing in ToT and I am looking for someone who understands all of this jibberish from Logs and stats to help me breakdown what I am doing wrong and what I have to do to improve. Quick tips might not help me, as I am more of a hands on learner it is going to take me a bit to understand and grasp how it works. So please, have patience with me.

Here is a current log from a LFR I ran today:

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/6c3zracuy54ivbtd/

Here is my Armory:

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/korgath/Yelaina/simple

Single target rotation I do as follows:

Shadow Word: Pain

Vampiric Touch

Mind Blast

Mind flay (Until Mind Blast is up again)

Mind Blast

(Whenever I am spec'd for Mind Spike to proc I usually apply it twice and refresh it after a Mindblast if it allows)

Replace DoTs

Halo whenever I can (if not needed for healing intensive encounter)

Shadow Fiend on CD

Devouring Plauge on 3x Shadow Orbs

and Shadow Word: Death (when applicable)

I would really love to know if and when using Mind Spike is appropriate, I know I need a Helm update, really badly (I am working on that). I would love to know more about what if anything I could reforge and if I need to regem. Consider me a sponge....a slow absorbing one, but never the less, a sponge.

Thank you in advance for anyone who helps me in any way, no matter how little.

Looking through the log and checking it against your current gear and build, it is quite OK. However, there are a few things that will get your DPS higher.

1. Do a proper regem/reforge. Go to askmrrobot.com, select your toon and optimise it. Since at the moment you do not have the LMG, I think that T14+ build is still for you. Regem and reforge accordingly.

2. Try to get your BiS trinkets. As awseome as UVLS trinket looks, it barey procs, and it is not optimal for spriests. My suggestion is to try and farm Troll Council and Megaera for their trinkets, those are the BiS.

3. Talents and Glyphs. Although, apart maybe from mind spike glyph, none of the others provide any dps boost, I am struggling to understand for what you would pick dispersion and MD for. In my experience, MD Glyphed is only good for fighting HC Spirit Kings in mogushan vaults, for boss #1. And I never found myself wishing I had 15 seconds shaved off my dispersion. Now, depending on the fights, I would choose Mind Spike and Inner Sanctum over MD and Dispersion. Since Mind Spike has been changed to not take into account FDCL procs, that glyph is also next to useless, unless you have fights that need adds burning down and you might need a bit of burst. But since 5.2 if I remember correctly, Solace and Insanity has been redesigned, and it now destroys FDCL in terms of DPS output. Unless the fight requires A LOT of movement, PW: I is almost mandatory, since the DPS spikes if used properly on a 3 orb DP.

Give this a shot and see how it goes :)

Your rotation has one issue: you should always open with Mind Blast and use it on cooldown - hit it in mid-channel of Mind Flay to do so. Also, since you take From Darkness, Comes Light, you should use your free Mind Spikes whenever they are available, but never use it otherwise since it consumes your DoTs.

I want to thank you both for taking the time to respond, I worked with my GM last night on AskMrRobot and fixed everything and I will be working on paying attention to getting my orbs up fast on single targets and managing my DoTs on Multi's tonight in our Raid.

Thank you both, again.

Insanity is the way to go, just make sure you won't have to refresh either dot before using it. You may also clip/recast mind flay when DP has <1s left to extend the dmg, since Insanity only looks for DP on the target at the time of the cast and not for the duration.

You will want to reach either the 8085 or the 10124(10437 w/LMG) haste caps. Then with either the LMG or T15 trinkets mastery ranks higher than crit to optimize procs.

If you are having trouble with when you refresh dots based on your procs you can get Affdots and the priest plug in, its fairly simple to set up and use.

Anything other questions just ask smile.png

Edited by Omnae

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this