Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ZiGGy

Frost DK stat weights for BoS build in 7.1.5?

11 posts in this topic

Does anybody have any information? Should I get haste gear already?

Edited by ZiGGy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We don't even know what the stat weights for frost are now, let alone 7.1.5.

In my mind it is unlikely to be a ST viable build. The question is, will the damage of it make up for 1. Lost KM oblit crits; 2. Letting Icy Talons stacks drop; 3. Overcapping runes, disabling FP.

Thinking about in this way, BoS seems like it would be the red headed step child/ability in the rotation.

Then there's a "balanced" build which takes GA over obliteration for "overall" damage purposes.

Or the pure dungeon build that takes Frostscythe and obliteration (which wrecks in dungeons btw).

This last build is where I see a buffed BoS "could" take over. A Frostscythe/BoS build for mythic dungeoneering.

Edited by Sniz

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/29/2016 at 3:45 PM, Sniz said:

We don't even know what the stat weights for frost are now, let alone 7.1.5.

In my mind it is unlikely to be a ST viable build. The question is, will the damage of it make up for 1. Lost KM oblit crits; 2. Letting Icy Talons stacks drop; 3. Overcapping runes, disabling FP.

Thinking about in this way, BoS seems like it would be the red headed step child/ability in the rotation.

Then there's a "balanced" build which takes GA over obliteration for "overall" damage purposes.

Or the pure dungeon build that takes Frostscythe and obliteration (which wrecks in dungeons btw).

This last build is where I see a buffed BoS "could" take over. A Frostscythe/BoS build for mythic dungeoneering.

The short and sweet I'm seeing a lot of is OBRA until Tier set, and once Tier BOS build likely stormbreath

also hay gaiz :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, demonardvark said:

also hay gaiz :D

Good to see that the endless wiping hasn't kept you away from us completely :D  hope the fam had a good Christmas?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Browed said:

Good to see that the endless wiping hasn't kept you away from us completely :D  hope the fam had a good Christmas?

thankfully had a surplus of family around (still present) to help with the new additions, never been more happy to see in-laws XD

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, demonardvark said:

thankfully had a surplus of family around (still present) to help with the new additions, never been more happy to see in-laws XD

Good to hear from you demon!

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Shells said:

He lives!

gasp!!! With current "no its your turn" rotation, I have a little time in my mornings to come here and fart around a bit :)

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, demonardvark said:

gasp!!! With current "no its your turn" rotation, I have a little time in my mornings to come here and fart around a bit :)

I remember

In many ways its kinda like the dk rotation. 

There will be blood boil moments, death and decay all over the place during nappy changes and constant aggro pulls when you forget that you were supposed to get up this time even though it wasnt your turn to get up. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

Stat weights are what simulations tell you they are.. every guide you've ever read on this site has gained the stat weights from running simulations on SimC. I assume they use one of the pre-gear built profiles on there in order to get a "general" setup. Weights (and even priorities) vary GREATLY from person to person based on the gear they are currently using and how many traits they have learned in their spec, and even what talents they have chosen..

In short.. sim your own character,preferably with the situation you yourself mostly are in (2 targets for a build that's always hitting 2 targets for example), and get your own custom weights that are fine tuned to yourself. Though know that the weights change all the time so sim every 1-3 pieces you change.

Edited by Euko

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Similar Content

    • By artisthefool
      I love mogging. To my knowledge, these are all original. I'm sharing cause I love finding cool mogs to spark my imagination and push the boundaries of what I've made. You'll notice I have favorite pieces of gear that I re-use in a number of these. As far as I know these are all blood elf death knight obtainable. I have completed almost every set you see here. I'm currently digging frost...

      I have one of every class so I'll eventually have a video up for them all. I won't be sharing what each piece is. You are of course welcome to remake them yourself, I've just found that discovering the pieces and trying to see which ones fit really help devolop mog sense. If that's what you're looking for, this video should be fun!
    • By Browed
      I will NOT be using BoS in 7.1.5...  why?
      http://www.wowhead.com/item=132459/perseverance-of-the-ebon-martyr
      Build:
      http://www.wowhead.com/talent-calc/death-knight/frost/cj7z
      Basically with the combination of Gathering Storm (extended RW) and fitting more Rime into that time period I'm hoping that my M+ hybrid spec will remain competitive and the sims thus far seem to support the theory.
      If you have the helm too, grats! and look forward to the major increase in it's power with Freezing Fog +30% and Tier 19 based around more Rime and more RP from Rime we should see many viable builds popping up on logs. **Stay with FP for now until you have T19 x 2 - see updated build link ^^
      Why not BoS and Hungering? ... well, I'm looking for big Rime crits and don't fancy the long CD to manage. I also want to remain powerful in M+ which should be the case with this build... I'm pretty sure I can become more useful with Winter is Coming + extended RW... stunning mobs for the whole of PoF uptime.
      Obliteration will be used to maximise rune spam for Gathering Storm.
      Lets hear your thoughts?
    • By bwaargh
      So, i'm lvl 866 crit - castigator - soul reaper. Crit 27%, haste 18%, mastery 29%.  Draugr, Girdle of the Everlasting King and Sephuz's Secret. I simc at 305k dps single target. When i switch to CS - necrosis - dark arbiter, i simc at 298k dps. But my gear is crit-heavy low-mastery and i've no Deadliest coil traits yet, so i wonder if mastery build is really better now. But icy and noxxic still suggest crit-build. Does anyone have the possibility and gear to simc two of this builds with the same ilvl gear. Please share.