Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ZiGGy

Frost DK stat weights for BoS build in 7.1.5?

11 posts in this topic

Does anybody have any information? Should I get haste gear already?

Edited by ZiGGy

We don't even know what the stat weights for frost are now, let alone 7.1.5.

In my mind it is unlikely to be a ST viable build. The question is, will the damage of it make up for 1. Lost KM oblit crits; 2. Letting Icy Talons stacks drop; 3. Overcapping runes, disabling FP.

Thinking about in this way, BoS seems like it would be the red headed step child/ability in the rotation.

Then there's a "balanced" build which takes GA over obliteration for "overall" damage purposes.

Or the pure dungeon build that takes Frostscythe and obliteration (which wrecks in dungeons btw).

This last build is where I see a buffed BoS "could" take over. A Frostscythe/BoS build for mythic dungeoneering.

Edited by Sniz

On 12/29/2016 at 3:45 PM, Sniz said:

We don't even know what the stat weights for frost are now, let alone 7.1.5.

In my mind it is unlikely to be a ST viable build. The question is, will the damage of it make up for 1. Lost KM oblit crits; 2. Letting Icy Talons stacks drop; 3. Overcapping runes, disabling FP.

Thinking about in this way, BoS seems like it would be the red headed step child/ability in the rotation.

Then there's a "balanced" build which takes GA over obliteration for "overall" damage purposes.

Or the pure dungeon build that takes Frostscythe and obliteration (which wrecks in dungeons btw).

This last build is where I see a buffed BoS "could" take over. A Frostscythe/BoS build for mythic dungeoneering.

The short and sweet I'm seeing a lot of is OBRA until Tier set, and once Tier BOS build likely stormbreath

also hay gaiz :D

37 minutes ago, demonardvark said:

also hay gaiz :D

Good to see that the endless wiping hasn't kept you away from us completely :D  hope the fam had a good Christmas?

2 hours ago, Browed said:

Good to see that the endless wiping hasn't kept you away from us completely :D  hope the fam had a good Christmas?

thankfully had a surplus of family around (still present) to help with the new additions, never been more happy to see in-laws XD

2 hours ago, demonardvark said:

thankfully had a surplus of family around (still present) to help with the new additions, never been more happy to see in-laws XD

Good to hear from you demon!

1 person likes this

1 hour ago, Shells said:

He lives!

gasp!!! With current "no its your turn" rotation, I have a little time in my mornings to come here and fart around a bit :)

1 person likes this

1 hour ago, demonardvark said:

gasp!!! With current "no its your turn" rotation, I have a little time in my mornings to come here and fart around a bit :)

I remember

In many ways its kinda like the dk rotation. 

There will be blood boil moments, death and decay all over the place during nappy changes and constant aggro pulls when you forget that you were supposed to get up this time even though it wasnt your turn to get up. :)

Posted (edited)

Stat weights are what simulations tell you they are.. every guide you've ever read on this site has gained the stat weights from running simulations on SimC. I assume they use one of the pre-gear built profiles on there in order to get a "general" setup. Weights (and even priorities) vary GREATLY from person to person based on the gear they are currently using and how many traits they have learned in their spec, and even what talents they have chosen..

In short.. sim your own character,preferably with the situation you yourself mostly are in (2 targets for a build that's always hitting 2 targets for example), and get your own custom weights that are fine tuned to yourself. Though know that the weights change all the time so sim every 1-3 pieces you change.

Edited by Euko