FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Rodee

Doom Vortex or Unleash Doom first after hotfix?

I know Unleash Doom was recommended as the second golden talent before getting Doom Vortex, but since Vortex just got buffed, and I am also using the Overcharge and Hot Hand talent; Is Vortex better to grab first now? Especially due to it proccing off Overcharged lightning bolts and the increased Lava Lash damage on the way down to it.

No change to the recommended Artifact Power trait path. If you are using Hot Hand, you will rarely cast Lava Lash without a proc - especially if you are using Overcharge as well. The maelstrom generation is higher than Boulderfist, but lower than Windsong with its increased attack speed. So Hot Hand builds tend to be 1) pressed for GCD's during cooldown phases to make use of all the procs, then 2) pressed for maelstrom outside of the burst windows.

Of course you will get Doom Vortex, but you should get Unleash Doom first because it is a lot stronger and gets more chances to proc, since with or without Tempest, you use Stormstrike a lot.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Casdon
      [US] Stormreaver — Skunkworks
      Tuesdays & Thursdays: 7:00 P.M. to 11:00 P.M. (pst) || 9-1 (cst) || 10-2 (est)

Progression
      10/11M Antorus
      9/9M ToS
      10/10M Nighthold
      3/3M Trial of Valor
      7/7M Emerald Nightmare

Website
      skunkworksguild.com

About Us
      Skunkworks is a guild for players who can not or do not want to commit to the time-intensive raid schedules of traditional "hardcore" guilds.
      However, we still maintain a high caliber player environment and make an efficient use of our raiding time.
      We raid Tuesdays and Thursdays from 7:00 - 11:00 PST, just 8 hours a week and never more.

We are very protective of our guild environment and selective in recruitment. We are looking for solid players mechanically as well as intellectually.
      We all get paid to deal with idiots, why should we pay to spend our leisure time with them as well?

Skunkworks has been around for multiple expansions and has historically always been at the top of the 2-night raiding guild scene.

Past Raiding Achievements

#US 199 Mythic KJ #US 186 Mythic Archimonde #131 US Heroic Garrosh #68 US Heroic Ra-den #77 US Heroic Lei Shen #86 US Heroic Sha of Fear #106 US Heroic Madness of Deathwing #99 US Heroic Ragnaros #147 US Sinestra #91 US Heroic The Twilight Destroyer (Halion) #71 US Heroic Fall of the Lich King #247 US Tribute to Insanity #160 US Alone in the Darkness Current Guild Needs
      Amazing Range DPS ---Exceptional Candidates always considered regardless of recruiting needs.

How to Apply
      Apply with Google Forms
      https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSeL-LW1-7rRK28Z3Nswg4xD3-jjQWrIsCh77rYOdxKwY0oPPQ/viewform.
      All applications are kept private.
      Please include at least the following.
          Prominent links to relevant armory pages ]A guild history with reasons for departure
          The reason(s) you have chosen to apply to this guild
          Warcraft Logs
          UI screenshots or fraps/Stream footage

Contact Information
      Shadaka (GM)
      Real ID:Shadak#1881

Aerivore (Recruitment Officers)
      Real ID:  Aerivore#1581

Sovm
      Real ID: Sov#1192
    • By tordal
      About us
      Vigilantes is one of the oldest guilds on Doomhammer. The guild was founded in February 2005, and has always maintained a casual, but dedicated attitude to raiding. We have a fairly large portion of active social members as well as a core raiding group. In the Legion expansion we have mainly focused our efforts towards raids on Heroic difficulty, and if the situation calls for it, some Mythic progress at the end of the raid tier. Our goal is to clear all raid content on heroic well before the next raid tier is released, while having fun on the way. 
      We are recruiting
      We are primarily looking for skilled DPS to bolster our raid team. Both melee and ranged are welcome.
      If you are playing a different role, you are still welcome to apply, but you will need to be flexible in terms of which role you fill as we are currently quite high on both healers and tanks. Still, we would like you to hear from you if you feel you have something to provide for our team.
      We are also welcoming social applications. Keep in mind social members need to re-apply as a raider should you wish to be part of the raiding team.
      Raid and event times
      Our official raid times are Wednesday and Sunday, 20:00 to 23:00.
      Optional raids are typically held on Monday, 20:30 to 23:00.
      Mythic+ runs are being hosed throughout the week, but often on Fridays.
      Alt/Social runs are normally being held when we have over-geared the current content.
      What we hope to see from you
      If you are applying as a raider, we expect a fairly high attendance. Feasts and cauldrons are normally provided by the guild, but you are expected to have your own consumables in backup.
      In terms of your performance, we do expect you to have a personal interest to always improve your game. This means having all your gear up to par with enchants and gems, reading up on how to play your class/spec, and also how each raid encounter works. 
      For both raiders and social applicants, it is important for us that you fit the general personality profile of the rest of the guild. Most of us are grown ups (at least we like to think we are), and with that comes family, jobs, kids, etc. If you are enjoying our company then you'll have a great time playing WoW, and vice versa. 
      Did we peak your interest?
      If you'd like to know more, please head over to our website
      www.vigilantes-guild.com
      or get in touch with any of our officers (Shadowyz, Erodin, Kazar, Tyrini, and Tordall). We are happy to answer any questions you might have before (or after) leaving your application on our forum. 
      For information about how to apply, please visit our forum
      http://www.vigilantes-guild.com/forum/5
      We hope to hear from you!
    • By Xzylion
      Hi
      So, lately I have been looking around the web for someone to explain how I can insert an icon/bar that displays the "buff" Feral Spirit. I am mainly using the Tell Me When addon, but I had to go  through Weak Auras this time to get it right. I also want to mention that I would not have been able to get it right had I not imported the Weak Auras string from Wordup (author of the enhancement shaman guide). The reason for this being so complicated is because contrary to what you might think, Feral Spirit does not work as a buff. Therefore you will have to manually work around this problem to get it to work. I have added some pictures that will hopefully make the process easier.
      PS. I am in no way an expert on either Tell Me When or Weak Auras, so be gentle...
      1) Tell Me When:

This is the general layout. If you dont want an icon, but a bar. You can go into the "group" tab (bottom right of tell me when) and select bar (on the very top)

This is how the layout inside Tell Me When should look after completion. Feral Spirit is no longer a "buff", so you will have to make a Combat Event where you manually enter the amount of seconds the combat event (Feral Spirit) should be active, in this case 15 seconds

This is important: Events to check --> Casts --> Spell Cast Success
      After all that you should be ready to go!

2) Weak Auras:

Feral Spirit is no longer a "buff", so you will have to make a Combat Log where you manually enter the amount of seconds the combat event (Feral Spirit) should be active, in this case 15 seconds

Just scrolling down

All the way at the bottom you have to enter the Spell Name and the amount of seconds that the Combat Event (Feral Spirit) should be active.
      Now you should be all ready to go!

• By surtenseur
      Hi all, 
      First of all, sorry for my bad English, is not my native language :) 
      So I'm searching since some days, Enh shaman stat weight for sim. I looked on Simulation Craft, but it's look weird that mastery is so close to haste. 
      I think it is ok when you don't have gloves legendary. But with them, haste is way so far than mastery? 

Thanks in advance for your help ! 

• By Treylawny
      <Trust> may be what you're looking for if you enjoy killing internet dragons with a group of like minded players! Currently we are 8/9 Heroic, soon to be stepping into Mythic ToS. We are recruiting to finish rounding out our raid team. <Trust> is located on the [US] Doomhammer/Baelgun pve servers, alliance side! Check us out!

About Us:
      <Trust> is a recently formed guild, founded by a group of long time players that have been raiding together for a couple of years now. Founded out of a desire to continue raiding in a casual-progression manner, we work towards defeating mythic bosses. <Trust> is a raiding guild, first and foremost.

Our Raids:
      <Trust> maintains a progression-oriented 2-day semi-casual raiding team. That's 'semi' as in we expect our team members to always prioritize life first; but not 'casual' as in we take downing bosses less seriously. We strive to maintain a balance of taking our progression raids seriously while having plenty of laughs along the way.

Raid Schedule:
      Tuesday & Thursday: 5p – 8p server (8p – 11p eastern)
      Friday(optional): 5p – 8p server (8p – 11p eastern)

Recruitment:
      <Trust> is looking for full time Resto Druid, Mages, Hunters, and Warlocks for our raid team. We are also open for good people to join as casual players, pvpers, with the option to join farm content or alt raids.

More Info:
      Feel free to reach out to us:
      Recruitment Officer:
      In game - Treylawny
      Battletag - Treylawny#1813

Guild Lead:
      In game – Oleic
      Battletag - Jarg#1591

-OR-

Website and Application: <Trust> (US)Doomhammer/Baelgun
      (The app is quick and painless as its used primarily to get your name to us quickly!)

Discord is our way of communicating during raid; also used for casual chatting!