Burnt

Confused about trinket sims

Sign in to follow this  

10 posts in this topic

Hey guys,

I'd appreciate if you could have a look at my trinket sims. I'm a little bit confused about the results, so maybe you could tell me if it seems correct?

For BoS people say strength > all, but SC reccommends me 2 non strength trinkets. 
For ST it's Faulty Countermeasure (900) and Unstable Arcanocrystal (865).
For MT Horn of Valor (865) and Unstable Arcanocrystal (865).

None of them has strength, could that really be the right choice for BoS?
I also have Convergence of Fates (875), which is not reccommended as top choice, but i know Simcraft undervalues it a little bit - at least that's what i've heard.

I run mostly M+ and only 1 day per week Nighthold, so my thoughts were to use the following combinations:
For M+ Arcanocrystal (865) / Countermeasure (900) with tyrannical affix and Arcanocrystal (865) / Horn (865) for other trash affixes.
For raiding i thought Countermeasure (900) / CoF (875) would be best, because CoF should be more valuable in longer fights.

What do you think?

Character: 
http://eu.battle.net/wow/de/character/tirion/Mìho/simple

Sim singletarget:
http://xsooom.com/wow/trinkets170215_1t.html

Sim 3 targets:
http://xsooom.com/wow/trinkets170215_3t.html

(Results are in german... but i hope most of the trinket names are still understandable. Currently equipped is FC/IA.)

Thanks in advance!

I can tell you from my experience with CoF it's really under valued. It lines up hrw with bos so rather than having a short second breath you'll get the full duration. I use horn for the same reason, it lines up with bos.

To be honest it's a very hard choice that I'm not 100% sure on. If I had to guess Convergence and Horn, because it'd make your breathes the best and the most consistent, with that said I'm going to have to say that you might just have to test it, find what does best.

Currently working on that too.
I just got CoF yesterday night, so i have to work with that, but befor, i was running Momento(890) (really nice trinket, overall good proc and even better in progression (proc when mate died)) and a great Horn (895). Did some decent parse with Hunger (880/890) Foci (890) Urn (875)

Overall trinkets are good to great. The Ilvl is more important than waht you got (just pick the good Frsot trinket, of course, don't pick something that dosen't work just because it's 910 ilvl :p) 
(other exception maybe the CoFHorn combo)

I want to give a try to Horn+CoF, i feel the best from both of them too5. I can work all around with Wirst as 2nd Leg, or Ring (but i don't feel a real improvement from them with CoF&Horn, the 2nd charge on the 2nd BoS is often on CD) So you can stick with a huge Breath of 40 sec average every 2min (more or less)

17 hours ago, Nerphus said:

I can tell you from my experience with CoF it's really under valued. It lines up hrw with bos so rather than having a short second breath you'll get the full duration. I use horn for the same reason, it lines up with bos.

that was my experience too, i've been using CoF for week or so and the reduced CD on HRW is really nice. Yes, Horn CD is perfect for BoS, but Countermeasures CD is also 2 min, so yeah ;-)

15 hours ago, Drtain said:

To be honest it's a very hard choice that I'm not 100% sure on. If I had to guess Convergence and Horn, because it'd make your breathes the best and the most consistent, with that said I'm going to have to say that you might just have to test it, find what does best.

yeah, not easy :-)
Horn/CoF performed pretty good for me. Been testing Countermeasure/Arcano yesterday in a few M+ and it felt very good, DPS was even slightly higher i guess. But it was probably because in M+ the reduced CD of CoF is not that strong. 
Yes, I'll have to run more tests to come closer to an answer.

1 hour ago, Scyn said:

Currently working on that too.
I just got CoF yesterday night, so i have to work with that, but befor, i was running Momento(890) (really nice trinket, overall good proc and even better in progression (proc when mate died)) and a great Horn (895). Did some decent parse with Hunger (880/890) Foci (890) Urn (875)

Overall trinkets are good to great. The Ilvl is more important than waht you got (just pick the good Frsot trinket, of course, don't pick something that dosen't work just because it's 910 ilvl :p) 
(other exception maybe the CoFHorn combo)

I want to give a try to Horn+CoF, i feel the best from both of them too5. I can work all around with Wirst as 2nd Leg, or Ring (but i don't feel a real improvement from them with CoF&Horn, the 2nd charge on the 2nd BoS is often on CD) So you can stick with a huge Breath of 40 sec average every 2min (more or less)

gz, i wish i had your trinket ilvls, but sadly on higher m+ only crap drops for me :-/
no, i won't take a bad trinket because of ilvl. but as said, because of the +35 ilvl from FC to Horn it sims slightly higher and performed pretty good yesterday.
yes, Horn/CoF was what i was going for until yesterday and it was pretty good. For raid bosses i'll stick with CoF anyway, what the 2nd one will be, will have to be tested :-)

Thanks everyone for your replies! 

I miss my Momento sometime. Switching with Horn/CoF/Momento for pretty everything.
Like Leggos, i use to stick with the helmet but often switched wrist/ring.

Edit : i farm alot for that ilvl. Just take an eye to wowprogress, it's not the best (i'm sure about this) but i think i deserve it ^^"

Edited by Scyn

why the horn of valor is a bis trinket? i realy don't understand

Edited by Bazun

It's the best because roughly 20% of your damage happens in the first 30 seconds of your breath of sindragosa.

CoF is absolut BiS!

When you have the ring, you can enlarge one breath with a second HRW.

When you don't have the ring you will need CoF to have a HRW up for every breath, with that HRW you enlarge the breath for a huge amount.

The second trinket should be HoV in most of the cases. Combine it with Breath and HRW (a few seconds before HRW). HoV gives you like 4.500 strenght which is round about 13% more strenght, so 13% more dmg in exact that phase of the fight where you are doing like 100% more dmg then in the non breath phase.

The eye of command is actually simming a bit better then HoV but you should have in mind, that SimCraft could use it a bit wrong and in most of the fights you are changing your target and then this buff would expire. And you should absolutly change targets to stack up Razorice for 15% more Frost DMG, which is 12% more AOE (really important for fights like Tel'arm or Trilliax mythic, where "adds" are living for a long time)

for further details just watch my guide or my theorycrafts in my YouTube channel:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kQ494dL2HrI&t=1658s (Guide)

Edited by Prrp

35 minutes ago, Prrp said:

CoF is absolut BiS!

When you have the ring, you can enlarge one breath with a second HRW.

When you don't have the ring you will need CoF to have a HRW up for every breath, with that HRW you enlarge the breath for a huge amount.

The second trinket should be HoV in most of the cases. Combine it with Breath and HRW (a few seconds before HRW). HoV gives you like 4.500 strenght which is round about 13% more strenght, so 13% more dmg in exact that phase of the fight where you are doing like 100% more dmg then in the non breath phase.

The eye of command is actually simming a bit better then HoV but you should have in mind, that SimCraft could use it a bit wrong and in most of the fights you are changing your target and then this buff would expire. And you should absolutly change targets to stack up Razorice for 15% more Frost DMG, which is 12% more AOE (really important for fights like Tel'arm or Trilliax mythic, where "adds" are living for a long time)

for further details just watch my guide or my theorycrafts in my YouTube channel:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kQ494dL2HrI&t=1658s (Guide)

There is so much wrong in this. Your video is bad, your simcraft is bad. please don't post that video anymore

For everyone else in this thread the DK discord community has the resources for all trinket sims and they know how to sim properly. Specifically many of the members program the strings for simcraft. They have their formal guide online that they update frequently. Now for individual self simming there can be a lot of variance and even the discord guide is imperfect depending on your gear, however, they do the best correct work, and as far as trustable sims go (not going to get into that beast this morning) theirs are the best.

Here is the link

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1efg3uitY4HDHjnBtUckq5RPJ1XyyZIzVbt52otMa8Uc/htmlview?sle=true#

• Like 1