Devastaytor

Another fury dps help request

Sign in to follow this  

12 posts in this topic

Shocking, I know...

I main protection but in the alternate raids try to Fury. It's embarrassing. My Fury weapon is only level 30 (ilevel 898) so I am missing some traits. That could be where I am losing a lot of dps. Below is a link to the armory and warcraftlogs on the raiders training dummy. Simcraft says I should be somewhere around 500k (I know, embarrassing) but can't seem to crack more than 325k. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Armory:

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/bronzebeard/Devastaytor/simple

Warcraftlogs:

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/LyCJd2FqbhBjfmna/#boss=0&difficulty=0&view=analytical&type=damage-done&source=1

Hello im having the same problem too . My main spec is protection and i recently changed to fury im 883 ilvl with 37 artifact traits with some decent stats i believe but i cant do over 400k consistent dps and im sure im doing the rotation almost perfect i really dont khow whats going on i see other warriors with almost the same gear as mine do easy 500k and im below 400k.

Armory:

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/silvermoon/Nustradamos/simple

Hi Devastaytor

I can't read your warcraft log, there seems to be something messed up. For instance, there are no informations about the talents you used. Also your armory links is quite useless because you're running as prot :-). Before you log a dummy again: read through guides and other fury dps problem threads. I'm quite sure you dont pay attention to a proper rotation.

@Nustradamos

Please read through this thread, without any logs there is no prove you doing a proper rotation :-)

Edited by Allseye
answer to Nustradamos

Apologies for the armory profile. I've logged out in Fury so hopefully that helps. Attached are new logs. I tried to focus on cd rotation but still normalize around 325k dps over a 5 minute whack-a-thon on the target dummy. I'm using a link from another post to try and improve but I have to be missing something. Obviously since I am hitting a raid dummy there is no execute phase. If that's where my dps is missing that's cool. I doubt that's the case though.

Post I am using for rotation help for Frothing Berserker:

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/2150129-7-1-5-Fury-Guide-amp-FAQ

Logs:

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/n3hDmaNQCvjGR2L7/#boss=0&difficulty=0

(Just realized the logs still aren't posting my talents. Not sure why that is but they are on the armory link)

Edited by Devastaytor

Hello Devastaytor;

Here's some things I noticed. If any of these do not make sense or needs further clarification, don't hesitate to ask.

• You're wearing a protection-oriented legendary. (Destiny Driver). Stats are OK but the equip is 100% useless.
  • You do not have your 2PC, let alone your 4PC. Your 4PC is preferable.
  • You have two stat-stick trinkets. While useful, you can get more damage out of better trinkets.

• Your Log shows you standing in front of the dummy. If a BT is blocked, it won't Enrage you even if it Crits. Stand behind your target.
  • You're not managing your BC window rotation properly. You should be doing: Battle Cry -> Rampage -> Raging Blow -> Odyn's Fury -> Bloodthirst -> Raging Blow. This also assumes that you did not miss your Frothing Buff. If done properly, considering you don't have your 4PC, you'll manage all those inside your window of having Frothing and Enrage buffs.
  • Your Enrage uptime is pretty low, in my opinion. This can be accounted for your Bloodthirsts being blocked. In your log you only have 62% uptime on Enrage and that's on the low end. Personal preference is around 75% and above depending on encounter, etc, but - giving the fact that this is a dummy - it should've been higher. Again, your 4PC will significantly help this. (In the log I provided below, in which I simulated a ~5 minute fight, I have 93% uptime with my 4PC).

What you're doing, instead, is casting BC and then immediately casting Odyn's Fury, for this most part. Your BC window is focused around getting x2 Raging Blows in while buffed. It's managed easier with your 4PC but still doable without.

You'll also want to enable Advanced Combat Logging.

Overall I'd work in your priorities in your rotation. Get that down properly and you'll be fine when you obtain more appropriate gear.

==============================

For reference, I provided a simple ~5 minute parse. I did take off my Execute Ring to prevent additional damage from that spell. Keep in mind, however, I do have my 4PC and that, as previously stated, is an increase in damage due to higher Enrage uptimes. Here's the log. The other three warriors just jumped in at various times while I was doing my parse. Their numbers are irrelevant.

Again, if you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask. I hope this helps.

Edited by Sajakain
Corrected the Battle Cry window rotation. Information obtained from Allseye and in-game testing for verification.
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Sajakain said:
  • You're wearing a protection-oriented legendary. (Destiny Driver). Stats are OK but the equip is 100% useless.
  • You do not have your 2PC, let alone your 4PC. Your 4PC is preferable.
  • You have two stat-stick trinkets. While useful, you can get more damage out of better trinkets.

• Your Log shows you standing in front of the dummy. If a BT is blocked, it won't Enrage you even if it Crits. Stand behind your target.
  • You're not managing your BC window rotation properly. You should be doing: Battle Cry -> Rampage -> Raging Blow -> Bloodthirst -> Odyn's Fury -> Raging Blow. This also assumes that you did not miss your Frothing Buff. If done properly, considering you don't have your 4PC, you'll manage all those inside your window of having Frothing and Enrage buffs.
  • Your Enrage uptime is pretty low, in my opinion. This can be accounted for your Bloodthirsts being blocked. In your log you only have 62% uptime on Enrage and that's on the low end. Personal preference is around 75% and above depending on encounter, etc, but - giving the fact that this is a dummy - it should've been higher. Again, your 4PC will significantly help this. (In the log I provided below, in which I simulated a ~5 minute fight, I have 93% uptime with my 4PC).

What you're doing, instead, is casting BC and then immediately casting Odyn's Fury, for this most part. Your BC window is focused around getting x2 Raging Blows in while buffed. It's managed easier with your 4PC but still doable without.

It's about that what i have noticed but wasn't sure because of missing log-information. Beside that, i don't like to give gear recommendations. He stated he plays prot as main, so he won't focus on fury equipment. But yes, i think your recommendations are a good way to improve :-). I think its worth to drop some ilvl to get the 4pc bonus, because its just a enrage-uptime-boost what leads to a dps boost.

Just a remark on your BC window rotation: I recommend to Battle Cry -> Rampage -> Raging Blow -> Odyn's Fury -> Bloodthirst -> Raging Blow. If you swap OF and BT it can pushing your OF-DoT out of BC window.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Allseye said:

Beside that, i don't like to give gear recommendations. He stated he plays prot as main, so he won't focus on fury equipment.

If he's focusing on Prot, outside of cross-spec pieces, (legendaries, trinkets) then his damage will naturally be lower than expected. If any person wants to seriously consider a DPS spec then they need DPS gear. DPSing in Protection-oriented gear will do him (or anyone) no good. To this end, I always check the gear they're using to see if it can be adjusted / improved. While one piece here or there may not make any major difference, the entire equipment set will.

8 hours ago, Allseye said:

Just a remark on your BC window rotation: I recommend to Battle Cry -> Rampage -> Raging Blow -> Odyn's Fury -> Bloodthirst -> Raging Blow. If you swap OF and BT it can pushing your OF-DoT out of BC window.

I considered what you said and, in addition, followed up with Archimtiros's Guide on MMO-Champion. As per my recollection he did say it could be swapped but also said the exact same thing you did. (I presume you read his guide as well.) To this end I wanted to do some testing in game to see what differences there would be.

As a start, I moved to Ironforge and did the parses on the Raider's Training Dummy there. I noticed in my logs from last night that my Odyn's Fury was also hitting another target due to my positioning. This time I wanted to ensure I was 100% single target.

I did two rotation variations, "Rotation A" and "Rotation B":

• Rotation A: Ramp -> Raging Blow -> Bloodthirst -> Odyn's Fury -> Raging Blow
  • Rotation B: Ramp -> Raging Blow -> Odyn's Fury -> Bloodthirst -> Raging Blow

In both rotations there were, perhaps, 1 or 2 mistakes throughout but the BC windows were on point in the variations. You can see the difference in the ticking damage done specifically:

Rotations.jpg

With 1.63M difference in damage, I would be inclined to agree with your suggestion. =)

For reference, here are the logs:

I'll edit my original reply to reflect as such.

• Like 1

Yes it's true, i read your linked guide and i'm really a fanboy of Archimtiros work (i can just repeat: do what that guy wrote =D). Myself, I'm not an experienced fury, my mainspecc is prot (and i love it).

There are some few situations where i played fury...and if i play fury i like to understand how it works. I also prepared my own tellmewhen-stile, so i had to understand what's going on. So the most thing i recommend for fury it's just about reading stuff and testing it. As long i can help another fury to improve his job, i'm confident. And yes, i often repeat what other guys have already written...because the most "help, my dps is bad"-threads don't read existing posts... 

So i really appreciate if another, more experienced player is questioning my answers and give a substantiated answer. Cool work, thanks for doing this.

This is exactly what I was asking for. Thanks!

As Allseye pointed out, my main is protection spec (hence why I forget to stand behind things :P )

I do have a four piece tier set from normal so I'll swap that in and see how things work out. I am aware that while the equip for the chest isn't geared for fury the stats were too hard to pass up. That was probably a mistake but I'll swap it for the tier chest.

The rotation tweaks are a good call out. I thought I was getting both raging blows in during BC but may not have been (I'll have to look more closely at the logs and figure out how to understand them).

I did read some posts about fury dps posts but none that I read go into the kind of detail I was looking for. What Sajakain provided is exactly what I (and I am sure others) are looking for. 

I really appreciate it!

Edited by Devastaytor

Hi there. Brand new here and have been reading the posts on warrior DPS. I DL SimC and now I would like to know the best way for someone to have a look at it? 

Thank you

Hi Calatria and welcome to the forum

I don't know if your issue has someting to do with the original post, it might be better to open a new topic. However, eventually this topic may help you. Be carefull with simulations and read the results with a healthy common sense =)

Edited by Allseye
grammar =)