FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Damien

Iron Juggernaut

Killed in 10 man normal in 1 try.  Fight is VERY easy.  Pure single target. 

Assault Phase 1 lasts for 120 seconds.  Avoid ground damage, avoid mines.  Pummel boss.  Do a tank swap.

Siege Phase 2 lasts for 60 seconds.  Have an object behind you (fence, building) for his big knockback.  Don't kite the Cutter Laser through Explosive Tar.  Use Defensive CDs (personal + raid).  We killed it mid-way through his 2nd Assault Phase. 

Guest Chris

It may have been easy for someone who has killed Lei shen Heroic 7 times at an Ilvl of 545...  yeah  I would hope its easy for ya.

Killed in 10 man normal in 1 try.  Fight is VERY easy.  Pure single target. 

Assault Phase 1 lasts for 120 seconds.  Avoid ground damage, avoid mines.  Pummel boss.  Do a tank swap.

Siege Phase 2 lasts for 60 seconds.  Have an object behind you (fence, building) for his big knockback.  Don't kite the Cutter Laser through Explosive Tar.  Use Defensive CDs (personal + raid).  We killed it mid-way through his 2nd Assault Phase. 

It may have been easy for someone who has killed Lei shen Heroic 7 times at an Ilvl of 545...  yeah  I would hope its easy for ya.

OK relax. Different people have different skills, I think that all Zagam meant was that dealing with the mechanics wasn't as complex as some other fights.

For Prot warriors out there, I found it very helpful to use heroic leap and charge to get to the Crawler mines faster. I used the Double Time skill and may use Glyph of Long Charge next time as well. It avoided any kind of fall damage by using these after being blasted up in the air by the mines.

Guest Nina

Can paladins BoP a mine-defuser, or bubble when they're defusing mines, and take no damage?  Or does it not let you defuse if you're immune?

Can paladins BoP a mine-defuser, or bubble when they're defusing mines, and take no damage?  Or does it not let you defuse if you're immune?

According to a tip given in the paladin forum this does indeed work. Speccing into ability_paladin_clemency.jpgClemency will allow you to bop twice.

Guest Guset_jushi

As a melee I found the safe place under the boss during Shock Pulse.

Here's how we do it on HC. (10man)

Thought I'd share since no one has yet.

We had a raidcomp of

- 1 warrior tank

- 2 DKs. Tank and DPS.

- 2 Priests. Disc and Holy.

- 2 Shamans. Resto and Ele.

- 1 Rogue.

- 1 Mage.

- 1 Hunter.

First off, tanks should get all the crawlers each time. This might be self explanatory to some or most, but with our normal tacs we had the occasional eager DPSer to help with further away mines, so it took a tad of adapting.

Secondly, watch the sawblade he sends on some raid members and be spread a little to avoid it hitting extra people.

First phase plays out pretty much like normal mode with the usual change that stuff hurts more. Given the small amount of raid damage and tanks soaking each mine, dpsers should save any and every personal cooldown to help out themselves in P2.

The second phase is where the fun begins! The pulsing damage that goes on all the time hurts a lot more than what you'd be used to from normal. When the boss deployed the siege mode we had everyone pretty much stack up next to the boss on a marked raidmember on the side of the boss that has a lot of space. Then do the usual stacked up aoe heal, dps boss thing until the first Shock Pulse.

When that was about to hit we used AMZ to lessen the damage from that and were blown away to the far edge of the room. There stack up again for healing, let tanks soak mines, use defensives, kite away the laser, the usual. On the 2nd shock pulse we used the other AMZ and on the last we popped PW:B.

Also, if this tactic is used for P2, DPS will have to learn to be comfortable with not dealing damage for an extended period of time.

After the boss reverts to P1 let it come to that end of the room and basically mirror the tactic direction. The boss should be dead a little after the second P2.

Disclaimer! We  didn't actually kill it yet due to losing a person early into the fight which led to a 2% wipe on berserk. tongue.png

Gonna try and finish the job on Sunday.

Edited by Ceraius

Guest Guest

Guys would any of you happen to know what UI is the Hunter using in all of the Icy Veins video guides?  Thank you! 

Guys would any of you happen to know what UI is the Hunter using in all of the Icy Veins video guides?  Thank you!

I'm guessing because I haven't looked at the specific video, but I would bet that it's just ElvUI

The addons used are listed in the description of every video, but it's almost certainly ElvUI that you're asking about :)

Guest Thefirebrand

Something I cannot find mentioned ANYWHERE that i have found thus far is that the target for Ricochet Is NOT Random. I haven't done extensive testing but thus far I  have found that it does have specific targeting  mechanics. I am a healer, It seemed to be going for me often. I move around it seems to follow me. So one night I tested it and found that If I stand about 37-40yds away from him that it will target me Almost every single time. Out of 6 pulls there were only 3 occasions where it did not target me, I think 1-2, possible all 3 were because I was out of range. At 42-50yds It wasn't targeting me, and 50yds Is outside of it's maximum travel distance.

My guild still wipes on this boss some, and I'm not an officer to I can't easily put this theory forward to get it tested, However if you can in your guild I would Highly apriciate the research as this mechanic has given us the most trouble, and there is currently no details on it anywhere that I can find.

Is It Healer Specific?

Is it furthest out?

tho those uestions idk, but What I do know is that as a Disc priest standing at 37-40yds and then moving out After the cast I was able to consistently dodge it and It would almost always target me. This allowed most of our raid to be on either side of me and avoid the blade most of the time. 

Now with all this Said I'm just the first target, it does sometimes, possibly often then target 1 more ranged person (Idk I was to focused on not getting sliced myself) but I did see it after making a B-line for me, then turn, but more than not it made a direct line to me thewn a fairly direct line back.

Had a VERY odd experience 2 nights ago (10 normal). Was going along just fine, saw (10 yards away) the laser hit our ele shammy, she expressed her frustration and started to kite it away from me. She gets to about 20-30 yards away and boom, I'm dead. The log shows I got hit 3 times for 200k each time in all of 2 (TWO) seconds... from the Cutter Laser! Huh?

Again from the log, she takes a hit from the Laser, then I get a hit exactly one thousandth of a second later. It's like it was transferred/jumped to me with no visible indication (or DBM warning). After she got hit, she took 6 hits of Seismic Activity in 4 seconds and dies.

Werid, eh?