America

Save Emissary Boxes for 7.2?

Sign in to follow this  

4 posts in this topic

Just curious, do you think it will be worth it to save emissary boxes for 7.2? Especially if you only have 1 legendary for your main spec, but multiple for off spec? I feel like it might be so, because of the increased drop rate for spec-based legendaries, but I also know 7.2 is a ways away and might be missing out on items in the meantime.

Emissary Cache loot is determined when you receive the item.  Saving it will just deprive you of whatever rewards are in it.

Note that this does not apply retroactively to Emissary Bags that you may already have in your inventory when the time comes. Only new bags earned after the Nighthold is open have the chance to reward an item level 940 Legendary.

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20752570804#1

11 hours ago, AmiYuy said:

Emissary Cache loot is determined when you receive the item.  Saving it will just deprive you of whatever rewards are in it.

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20752570804#1

That blue post says nothing about loot being generated upon the cache being received. Plenty of people have hoarded caches from before 7.1.5 and gotten new 7.1.5 legendaries once they opened them after the patch dropped. What happened is once Nighthold came out, they changed the item IDs for caches, and the old ones remained with their old IDs, so would draw from the table which had 910 legendaries instead of 940. If you look at Wowhead, for example Nightfallen Hoard, there is the old one added in patch 7.0.3.22248 with item id 137564, and there is another one added in patch 7.1.5.23360 with item id 146751. I got a cache in-game and checked its item id and it's indeed the 146751 so it's not like it was an unused item that was datamined and never used or something.

That being said they may do the same thing again when 7.2 hits, no way to know, but considering we have no idea when 7.2 will be showing up, hoarding caches until an undetermined date in the future would really be a waste. You could end up waiting a loooooong time ;p and during that time you could get a legendary, maybe even two, or get useful gear upgrades.

(fwiw this would be trivial to test using the PTR, but I don't have it installed and I don't think it's worth the 30GB just for that, anyone with it want to try?)

Edited by Ammako

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By SeeerQ
      I have enough dust to finally craft a legendary card but no idea  which card to craft. My deck has dk anduin in it. It isn't a top tier deck. This is my deck list> ### 
      # Class: Priest
      # Format: Standard
      # Year of the Mammoth
      #
      # 2x (1) Holy Smite
      # 2x (1) Inner Fire
      # 2x (1) Northshire Cleric
      # 2x (1) Power Word: Shield
      # 2x (2) Divine Spirit
      # 2x (2) Mind Blast
      # 2x (2) Radiant Elemental
      # 1x (2) Shadow Word: Pain
      # 2x (3) Kabal Talonpriest
      # 2x (3) Tar Creeper
      # 2x (4) Lightspawn
      # 1x (4) Spellbreaker
      # 2x (4) Tortollan Shellraiser
      # 2x (5) Holy Nova
      # 2x (8) Free From Amber
      # 1x (8) Marin the Fox
      # 1x (8) Shadowreaper Anduin

AAECAa0GBPIF1wqQ0wKk5wINlwL4AqEE5QTJBvYG0QryDPC7AtjBAtzBAsrDApnIAgA=

# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone
    • By RaiTaebeck
      So, I'm currently maining Blood DK and that's the spec that I've gotten my 4 legends on. I do occasionally use UH and was wondering which of my legends would be most effective for it. Just a foreword, all of the gear that the legends replace is about equal; all 915-920 and don't cause any major stat changes so its not like using one legend over another causes me to use a bad piece. I have Soul of the Deathlord, which is the one I use most on UH, and I have  Shackles of Bryndaor, Archimonde's Hatred Reborn, and Prydaz, Xavaric's Magnum Opus. Does the Shackles passive work on UH, if so, could that be a better boost for Val'kyr[Dark Arbiter Talent] (b/c you can cycle more RP)? Other than that I'm just wondering which out weighs the other, STR or the secondaries?
      Edit: and just in case it makes a difference, my talent build is; http://www.wowhead.com/talent-calc/death-knight/unholy/c75z
    • By Dobr
      Hello everyone! I got hooked by the Heathrstone and want to get better at it, but could anyone tell me how to craft more cards? Like I got tired of selling low cards and they dont give me a lot of credits. So far I have build the Secret Mage deck and love it. Could anyone suggest any other hero to begin with? Thank You!
    • By TripTrap
      Exodia Quest Paladin
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hqYAfXu4Sis&t=
    • By Dustintime
      Not sure if it would be okay to start a thread like this on here...if not, feel free to remove it.
      But i was hoping we could start a thread similar to other forums so that people can get in touch with others who have the 80g challenge a friend quest so that we can get double the reward from it.
      Please post your name and battle tag number, along with region.

Battle tag: Dustintime #11885
      Region: NA
      You go first, please.