SeeerQ

Should I get lyra, raza, velen or Ysera?

7 posts in this topic

I have enough dust to finally craft a legendary card but no idea  which card to craft. My deck has dk anduin in it. It isn't a top tier deck. This is my deck list> ### 
# Class: Priest
# Format: Standard
# Year of the Mammoth
#
# 2x (1) Holy Smite
# 2x (1) Inner Fire
# 2x (1) Northshire Cleric
# 2x (1) Power Word: Shield
# 2x (2) Divine Spirit
# 2x (2) Mind Blast
# 2x (2) Radiant Elemental
# 1x (2) Shadow Word: Pain
# 2x (3) Kabal Talonpriest
# 2x (3) Tar Creeper
# 2x (4) Lightspawn
# 1x (4) Spellbreaker
# 2x (4) Tortollan Shellraiser
# 2x (5) Holy Nova
# 2x (8) Free From Amber
# 1x (8) Marin the Fox
# 1x (8) Shadowreaper Anduin

AAECAa0GBPIF1wqQ0wKk5wINlwL4AqEE5QTJBvYG0QryDPC7AtjBAtzBAsrDApnIAgA=

# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

Hey :)

If your are running low on dust crafting a Legend is always a hard choice. I can't tell you which you should craft but what to think about:

• Do you enjoy the class enough to invest 1600 dust? (if you want to craft a class legend)
  • In how many different kind of decks does it fit?
  • How long will it stay? (Lyra will be in standard for a while and is still good, Velen and Ysera are timeless but Raza will rotate out somewhere in April)
  • Have you thought about other legends you might use in more decks?

And just for your information you can use the "Import Deck" feature. It auto includes links for the cards and removes the unnecessary stuff ;)

Import.jpg

Edited by Caldyrvan
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Ok thanks! I've gotten Ysera from Free From Ember and she saved me quite a few times. On the other hand, I've never used lyra before. I'm not sure to get Ysera or lyra. Judging  from my deck, which do u recommend, Ysera or Lyra? 

Edited by SeeerQ
Spelling error

To be honest I'm not the biggest fan of the priest class, especially since that stupid raza+anduin combo came up.

Better you wait for a suggestion made by a more priest competent player :)

But what I can see from your deck list, I have no idea how the rest of your collection looks like, but it's made mostly of common and basic cards. Nothing wrong with that but maybe to invest 1600 into one card might not be the best choice. For the same amount of dust you could get four crucial epic cards like Shadow Visions for example.

• Like 1

I recommend crafting Raza the Chained. I don't see why so many people think that when a card rotates out, it loses all of its value. The stigmatisation of wild is in my opinion mostly unfounded, as time has shown that it is standard that gets out of control, not wild. However, if you really don't want to start playing wild, I'd suggest waiting for the K&C meta to see whether a new deck pops up that appeals to you more than control priest.

• Like 1

I didn't want to say it loses value the cards will still be with us for several months, but for a player (if playing standard) who is new and/or has very limited resources it's worth a thought whether to craft a legend that will rotate out in a foreseeable time or to get one (s)he can use after that time.

For Wild: I agree that standard gets worse. And different players have different preferences and they are all legitimate, imo. My main reason not to play wild is, there are a lot of cards which see a lot of play and I hate them. I was so happy when Reno rotated out and will be happy about the next rotation, especially about MSG rotating out which provided to much cancer and imbalanced stuff. Of course I will miss a few nice cards but overall I will be happy.

Edited by Caldyrvan

I play a spell hunter over priest right now but used to play Big priest and Dragon priest before the meta shifted. Over the two months I crafted 2 big legendaries: Y'Shaarj and Lich King and never looked back. These were both very generic and enable lots of variation in my decks. I tend to stick to non-class specific cards to maximize value but if you are trying to get a meta deck in be wary of how long it will be available before rotating.

Noted - I don't have Ysera or a desire yet to craft that card. I get the option to pull quite a bit from "free from ember" and discover so it is almost always in play. Eventually I'll get it but there are other Legendaries that I cannot pull which are higher on the list.