NickV

Legendary question

4 posts in this topic

Hey everyone, 

I just got Kiljaeden trinket  as my third legendary and I am questionning which legendary to use.

Legendaries i have: Perseverance (helm), Seal of necrofantasia, Kiljaeden trinket

Trinket i have: CoF 875, Memento 865, Arcano crystal 860, Claw of the scorpid 900, kiljaeden 940

When I sim my DK with new trinket, the CoF 875 and the 900 ring Ii get around 10k more dps (~593k single raid target) whereas when i sim my character with necrofantasia + CoF + claw of scorpid 900, i get around 582-583k.

What i'm thinking is that Kiljaeden might be better in M+ whereas Necrofantasia might be better in Raids, but i'm really not sure ... any help is greatly appreciated ;)

also, if i should use Necrofantasia, is CoF 875 + claw of the scorpid 900 the "ideal" trinket combo i could use with the trinkets i have in my posession ?

here is my Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/sargeras/Àllahakbar/advanced

Thank you very much for any insight!

Edited by NickV

I woudl use helmet +ring in all cases. Dks already have plenty of aoe, plus breath on trash does tons of damage.

@NickV You are right about M+, you will find the 'burst' nature of the trinket legendary favours short fights and AoE.

Noticeable especially because ring gives sustainability on extended BoS which most likely never reaches it's potential length apart from high end (10 - 15+) boss fights. For overall dps it will fall short against the trinket.

Regarding trinkets, the reason Claw is ranking high is due to the high base +STR.

I would go Claw + Legendary (in place of ring, keep the helm on) for M+ and CoF + Claw for raid.

Certainly I agree with Drtain and sticking with one setup gives you the benefit of learning and tightening your rotation to be more consistent but you may want to give it a try in M+ where the stakes are lower.

Edited by Browed

@Browed Maybe this doesn't apply to everyone, and is maybe just the way my groups end up going. But the reason i said ring is because I have the ring. And how my groups plays is around breath. (mainly only applicable to like 15+ which is all i really do anymore) The best example I can think of is on Court of stars Before the first boss, we pull both groups of mobs (regardless of affixes) and I start using breath and the pack normally dies before breath ends, but our healer will be in position to pull the boss so that I can breath both a pack of mobs and transition it into a boss. This works in many dungeons besides CoS but CoS in my opinion is probably the best example. 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Frozst
      Anyone already done the math on this?  Does it make it more beneficial to have Let It Go x3 (Frost, Arcane, Frost) and sacrifice iLVL on the artifact weapon or to have 3 other (not as effective) relics but with a higher iLVL. 
      Example:
      Let It Go (865, 885, 850)
      Other Relics (Ice Age 895, Obsidian Lance 895, Ice Age 900)
    • By blackempire
      Wazzup this is my first forum post and stuff and im wondering what you think it the best talent to go for!
    • By SoundBox97
      So I just got back into playing hearthstone again, been a little over a year(still consider myself a noob), and I just got enough dust to craft a legendary. I've been playing priest a lot lately due to the shadowreaper anduin drop, and I've really been enjoying it, but can't seem to get past rank 20. Should I craft Lyra, Raza, or Velen to make that deck better, or forgo crafting a legendary and focus more on rares/epics to fill out the deck?
      I think it's a control deck but I'm not entirely sure, still new to building decks.
      http://www.hearthpwn.com/deckbuilder/priest#38:1;74:1;232:1;315:2;401:1;415:2;431:2;438:1;544:1;547:1;600:2;641:1;656:1;671:1;35240:1;49630:2;49638:1;55543:2;58722:2;62870:1;62889:1;62951:2
    • By molodirazz
      All applications will be reviewed and considered however if you are playing a class/spec combination we need then your chances of joining will be higher.
      A little bit of info about us:
      We are a group of friends and serious raiders on EU Twisting Nether looking to recruit skilled like-minded players into our roster for Mythic Legion raids and onwards. We will offer a sociable and fun raiding environment while maintaining a strong desire for progression. Our Discord is very active and we encourage all members to chat and play together not only for raids. The guild formed late March 2016 and fully cleared 13/13 Mythic Hellfire Citadel pre nerf shortly after. We've since been improving our world ranking every tier.
      We currently raid 3 days per week on Mythic: Wednesday, Sunday and Tuesday 19:15-22:15 server time. While it is not a lot we try to make the most out of our time. We run optional heroic/normal/alt/previous tier raids during off days in which raiders are welcome to come to. Our members also play other games outside raid times together where anyone is welcome to join(LoL, Dota, HotS, Overwatch etc.).
      Our loot system for Mythic is RC Loot Council.
      What we expect from you:
      - We are a raiding guild with only a 9 hour per week schedule so you are expected to attend and be ON TIME! However we understand things can come up sometimes but please let us know.
      - Be able to speak and understand the English language and not be afraid to communicate with other members during raids.
      - Actively doing dungeons/world quests to improve your gear and artifact weapon.
      - Have a strong understanding of the current raid tier and be able to play your class to it's potential.
      - Always come to raids prepared(i.e. bringing food and potions, etc).
      - Come fully gemmed and enchanted with the correct stats for your class and spec.
      - Access to Discord and a working microphone.
      - Have a computer that can handle 20 man raiding and a good, stable internet connection.
      - Exorsus Raid Tools, Weakauras2 and RC Loot Council addons installed. We may ask you to install others.

If you have any further questions please contact us at battletags: Vims#21684 Azkey#21565
      To apply please visit our guild website: http://asylum-tn.enjin.com/recruitment
      __________________________________________________________________________
      Requirements to be considered into current main raids:
      - 920~ ilvl
      - 52+ traits.
      - 3/9 in ToS.
      - Exceptions to the requirements may be made..
      _____________________________________________________________________________
      We're currently looking for the classes below but may consider other classes as well.
      Death Knight: Blood.
      Druid: Guardian and Balance.
      Hunter: MM/BM.
      Monk: Brewmaster.
      Rogue: Open.
      Warlock: Open.
      Any and all applications will be considered.
    • By Moloch
      Hello,
      First of all, sorry for my english. :)
      I know there are tons of the same topics, but they didn’t help me much.
      I want start to play Legion and i can’t decide which one DK or Druid. My main is usualy tank but, I want to play also like decent dps. I think UDK/BD both are on same lvl ?
      I like both GD and BDK, I don’t know how they stand right now I know GD got some nerf and BDK buff.
      But in general is still GB best tank and what about BDK is he decent or crappy.
      Also there is one big question – 7.3 I read about GD T21 and have very bad set bonus.
      What do you think about DK bonuses. When bone shield is consumed the cooldown of DRW is reduced by 3s, 4p When DRW fades, rune regeneration is increased by 15% for 10 sec. I know it’s just PTR but still.
      I will be glad for every opinion.
      Thanks