NickV

Legendary question

4 posts in this topic

Hey everyone, 

I just got Kiljaeden trinket  as my third legendary and I am questionning which legendary to use.

Legendaries i have: Perseverance (helm), Seal of necrofantasia, Kiljaeden trinket

Trinket i have: CoF 875, Memento 865, Arcano crystal 860, Claw of the scorpid 900, kiljaeden 940

When I sim my DK with new trinket, the CoF 875 and the 900 ring Ii get around 10k more dps (~593k single raid target) whereas when i sim my character with necrofantasia + CoF + claw of scorpid 900, i get around 582-583k.

What i'm thinking is that Kiljaeden might be better in M+ whereas Necrofantasia might be better in Raids, but i'm really not sure ... any help is greatly appreciated ;)

also, if i should use Necrofantasia, is CoF 875 + claw of the scorpid 900 the "ideal" trinket combo i could use with the trinkets i have in my posession ?

here is my Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/sargeras/Àllahakbar/advanced

Thank you very much for any insight!

Edited by NickV

I woudl use helmet +ring in all cases. Dks already have plenty of aoe, plus breath on trash does tons of damage.

@NickV You are right about M+, you will find the 'burst' nature of the trinket legendary favours short fights and AoE.

Noticeable especially because ring gives sustainability on extended BoS which most likely never reaches it's potential length apart from high end (10 - 15+) boss fights. For overall dps it will fall short against the trinket.

Regarding trinkets, the reason Claw is ranking high is due to the high base +STR.

I would go Claw + Legendary (in place of ring, keep the helm on) for M+ and CoF + Claw for raid.

Certainly I agree with Drtain and sticking with one setup gives you the benefit of learning and tightening your rotation to be more consistent but you may want to give it a try in M+ where the stakes are lower.

Edited by Browed

@Browed Maybe this doesn't apply to everyone, and is maybe just the way my groups end up going. But the reason i said ring is because I have the ring. And how my groups plays is around breath. (mainly only applicable to like 15+ which is all i really do anymore) The best example I can think of is on Court of stars Before the first boss, we pull both groups of mobs (regardless of affixes) and I start using breath and the pack normally dies before breath ends, but our healer will be in position to pull the boss so that I can breath both a pack of mobs and transition it into a boss. This works in many dungeons besides CoS but CoS in my opinion is probably the best example. 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By tfoller
      I'm making a survival build for guardian druid for dungeons, lfr and a bit of battleground. I have Soul of the Archdruid and Dual Determination. Now I got Cinidaria, the Symbiote. Should I choose it over my existing two?
    • By Buksh
      Hi all,
      Im not sure where to post this but im hoping someone can help or at least point me in the right direction.
      TL;DR - My DPS is awful and i want to increase it
      I played fire & frost spec back in cata upto 85 and have recently got back into WoW again and finally realised what people talk about when they play "end game" i wish id known about raiding sooner!
      However, My DPS isnt great at all im eq 959 ilvl but my DPS comes out as low as 8-900 sometimes or i can hold a steady 1.1-1.2M. Simc comes out around 1.7M (obviously in a perfect world) but i still feel im doing something wrong.
      Ive watched videos, read forums and im sure my rotation is right. Im using Flask, Food and Runes and Pre-potting. I have some logs here of garothi.
      https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/XRqCaL6jFVpW9MnG#fight=5&type=summary&source=23&view=events
      and this is my Raider.io - https://raider.io/characters/eu/twisting-nether/Buksh
      Not sure if ive posted this in the right place OR if ive given enough info to help. but anything would be hugely appreciated.
    • By Lager159
      Hi everyone. I just killed HC Varimathras and I was surprised by my low damage. There was not second time warp because we used the first one at 20% HP but I think I should get higher numbers. Can anyone tell me what did I do wrong? Was it really only in TW? I do not think so :/.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/XPYn1WJHRF7G4KMv#fight=6&type=damage-done

https://wowanalyzer.com/report/XPYn1WJHRF7G4KMv/6/15

• By k96
      hello, so i am following this deck - https://www.icy-veins.com/hearthstone/elemental-mage-deck and i was wondering which card i should buy next and i dont have much dust left. I need the following cards
      Primordial Glyph x2
      Pyros x1
      Arcane Keysmith x2
      Blazecaller x2
      Frost Lich Jaina x1

I have 1945 dust left with the option to disenchant "Archmage Arugal" with a total of 2345, because i dont use it, nor do i know if its any good?

I can either go with x2 Primordial as the guide says this is needed for the deck + x2 Blazecaller for late and x1 Arcane Keysmith? but then  i wont have the pyros for early or Jaina for late.

Or i can go balls out buying x1 Frost lich jaina and x1 primordial glyph ? / Or just Pyros and x1 Primordial. I dont know.

My last scenario is buying Frost lich jaina and x1 primordial by selling some rare cards, then use "Archmage Arugal" instead of Pyros for the time being and combo it up with AI for 2 extra cards, and hope its something good.

any help is grately appreciated.
    • By ygzumc
      Hi. After reaching %33.3 Crit cap. What's your opinion stacking versa or haste.i go with versatility right now have %23.63/%11.82 versatility %16.71 haste %37 crit.i know i have little bit more crit but its good stat