Vlad

Heroes of the Storm Cassia

10 posts in this topic

This thread is for comments about our Cassia guide for Heroes of the Storm.

So what is generally the safest/most successful option for quick match? We all know how important it is to wreck opponents in those wacky QM games ;-P

Valkyre is far better than Ball lighting. Pretty useful to repostion enemy heroes or to catch fleeing ones. Well played it is always a sure kill.

8 hours ago, Guest Icipher said:

Valkyre is far better than Ball lighting. Pretty useful to repostion enemy heroes or to catch fleeing ones. Well played it is always a sure kill.

The meantime between casting the spell and the spell taking effect can sometimes be too long if your opponent has quick reflexes and is able to keep their cool-headedness. In lower leagues where players aren't that good, or when you face a team full of channel abilities, Valkyrie can be quite useful, but since you also get advantage of people not splitting with Ball Lightning in the former case, and the latter case is very rare, you want to go for Ball Lightning, as it gives you much higher damage output.

19 hours ago, FriskyBear said:

What tier is Cassia in? Will she be competitive in ranked?

I haven't seen her that much yet to be able to fit her into a tier with precision, and a lot of players still need to get used to her, but she seems to be underperforming quite a bit. I would put her into one of the lower tiers, probably tier 5 out of 6. 

22 hours ago, FriskyBear said:

What tier is Cassia in? Will she be competitive in ranked?

According to our tier list descriptions, she belongs in Niche tier. She can be very useful in (and against) the correct comps. However, she is not first pick material at this time.

On 4/8/2017 at 4:59 AM, Skyewalker said:

So what is generally the safest/most successful option for quick match? We all know how important it is to wreck opponents in those wacky QM games ;-P

It will really depend on what team compositions look like, as well as the map you get. If you are playing on a map that has two lanes and you are in the 4 player lane, Charged Strikes will get a lot of value. If your team needs poke, Lightning Fury is a good bet. If the enemy team lacks interrupts and you can get in close, the Fend Build can perform very well. If you aren't sure, I would recommend the Charged Strikes build. It is fairly useful in most situations. Be sure to try them all! This way, you can get a feel for what each of them can and cannot accomplish.

18 hours ago, Straften said:

It will really depend on what team compositions look like, as well as the map you get. If you are playing on a map that has two lanes and you are in the 4 player lane, Charged Strikes will get a lot of value. If your team needs poke, Lightning Fury is a good bet. If the enemy team lacks interrupts and you can get in close, the Fend Build can perform very well. If you aren't sure, I would recommend the Charged Strikes build. It is fairly useful in most situations. Be sure to try them all! This way, you can get a feel for what each of them can and cannot accomplish.

Thanks!

What is really taking me a long time to get used to is Cassia's basic attack range. A lot of times I end up overextending a bit because I'm already used to the "default" long range.

I really like the Lightning Fury build, it feels so much like the Javazon build in D2. I think the Charged Strikes build tends to perform better overall, but Lightning Fury build is definitely useful when the enemy team doesn't have many Auto Attackers, so you keep poking around.

But as said in the guide, she is really a niche Assassin, and will underperform if there are no additional sources for blinds in the team, sadly, specially given the limited number of heroes that can blind (Li Li, Johanna are the only ones that can inflict blind by default, where the rest require specific talents, such as Artanis' Supressing Pulse and Auriel's Blinding Flash). Let's hope Blizzard adds more Heroes that can blind in the future.

She is still one of the most amusing Assassins to play, though.

• Like 1

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.