Cassia Build Guide “Step forth and be judged!”
Welcome to our guide for Cassia, a Ranged Assassin in Heroes of the Storm. Within these pages, you will find everything required to understand how best to play this hero, in both different map styles and team compositions.
1. Cassia's Overview
Cassia is a ranged Assassin who deals increased damage to Blinded enemies. Avoidance and Blinding Light make her exceptionally strong against enemy Heroes who are reliant on Basic Attacks as a primary damage source. Although she has strong all-in potential with Ball Lightning and Fend, her kit lacks escape options once she is committed. While Cassia can fit into many different team compositons, she benefits greatly from allies who can Blind enemies.
2. Cassia's Strengths and Weaknesses
3. Cassia's Talent Build Cheatsheet
Lightning Fury BuildTalent calculator »
This Build turns Lightning Fury into an outstanding, spammable poke tool. The playstyle of this build differs greatly from the other two, as you will usually deal damage from a safer range. The primary drawback of this build is that it can spend mana very quickly.
Use Lightning Fury on enemy Heroes whenever possible, in order to stack Thunderstroke quickly. If you cast Lightning Fury perpendicularly toward enemy Gates (before Level 16), the lightning bolts will also damage the Towers and Walls with each cast. Use Impale to finish off low Health enemy Heroes. After you get Pierce at level 16, you should try to hit as many Heroes as possible with the primary missile of each Lightning Fury.
Charged Strikes BuildTalent calculator »
With the Charged Strikes Build, your main "Ability" will be Charged Strikes. This Talent can deal more sustained damage than any Basic Ability in Cassia's kit. The main drawback of this build is that it requires you to remain within Cassia's short attack range while delivering Basic Attacks.
Use Charged Strikes liberally. It has a low Cooldown, costs no Mana, and the bonus damage is useful even without enemy Heroes nearby. Use Impale to secure kills on low Health enemies. Use Grounding Bolt to reliably proc Martial Law.
Fend BuildTalent calculator »
The Fend Build focuses on Talents that improve the performance of Fend. This build gives Fend amazing area of effect damage potential. The main drawback of investing heavily into Fend is that it is a channeled Ability, and can be interrupted by various crowd-controls. Interrupting Fend early can prevent most of its damage, and leave it on a full Cooldown. For this reason, this build is recommended against enemy team compositions that will struggle to interrupt Fend's channel time.
Cast Blinding Light over your intended targets just before you charge at them with Fend; this will ensure that you deal as much damage as possible. You will be unable to cast other Abilities while channeling Fend, so Fend will always be the final cast in your combo. The most lethal Ability chain for this build is to open with Blinding Light, follow with Ball Lightning, and finish with Fend.
4. Cassia's Synergies and Counters
Cassia greatly benefits from allied Heroes who can Blind enemies, because she deals increased damage to Blinded targets. If her allies can also Slow enemies, she can get additional value from Martial Law.
5. Cassia's Maps
Cassia does well on maps that involve pushing with an objective, especially when she can also do well when fighting for those objectives. This success is mainly attributed to Charged Strikes being extremely powerful when attacking enemy Structures as a team. Cassia is less powerful on maps that do not involve direct sieges on enemy Forts, unless there is a team composition related reason for her to be there.
6. Cassia's Tips and Tricks
- Use Lightning Fury to poke enemy Heroes from long range, or to supplement Basic Attacks.
- Cast Blinding Light over intended targets to increase your damage, and provide self sustain via Ring of the Leech.
- Use Fend to assist with waveclear, execute low Health enemies, or to follow up Ball Lightning.
- Use Ball Lightning to duel enemy Heroes in melee range, or during team fights when enemies are clumped together.
- Avoidance will benefit you any time you are moving, and will persist while stutter stepping.
- Valkyrie is a great tool for interrupting channeled Heroic Abilities, due to its very low cooldown.
7. Cassia's Role in the Current Meta
Cassia works best as a niche pick to compliment Blinds on your team, or to shut down enemy Heroes who are reliant on Basic Attacks for damage. She is best picked late in the draft, when circumstances are favourable to her. While Cassia can perform acceptably as a ranged Assassin in her own right, there are many generalist Assassins who are better suited for most drafts.
- 28 Jun. 2018 (talents page): Talent section updated to reflect June 26 balance patch.
- 21 Sep. 2017 (talents page): Talent discussion updated to reflect balance changes.
- True Sight Talent removed.
- Seraph's Hymn Talent moved from Level 13 to Level 1.
- Builds updated accordingly.
- 21 Apr. 2017 (talents page): Talent discussions updated to reflect balance changes.
- 21 Apr. 2017 (abilities page): Valkyrie discussion has been updated to account for its greatly reduced cooldown.
- 14 Apr. 2017 (talents page): Expanded explanations and strategies.
- 14 Apr. 2017 (abilities page): Expanded explanations and strategies.
- 07 Apr. 2017 (this page): Guide added.
- Free-to-Play Heroes Rotation: February 19th
- Weekly Brawl - Trial Grounds: February 15th
- Heroic Deals: February 12th
- Activision Blizzard Q4 2018 Earnings Call & Layoffs
- Heroes of the Storm Patch Notes: February 12th
- Free-to-Play Hero Rotation: February 12th
- Heroes of the Storm Millionaire
- Activision Blizzard Layoffs to Be Announced Soon?
- Heroes of the Storm Azmodan
- A to Z (troll) series: Heroes of the Storm - A like AZMODAN!
- Heroes of the Storm Abathur
- Heroes of the Storm Ana
- Heroes of the Storm Cho
- Heroes of the Storm D.Va
- Heroes of the Storm Auriel
- A to Z (troll) series: Heroes of the Storm - A like AURIEL!