FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Damien

Paragons of the Klaxxi

Right now all I have to say is that it was a surprisingly easy fight, and at lest in the US, the damage is really low so i suggest two healing it.

I don't remember the order much and the list may not be completely correct but i know the first 5 are.

Initial three:

Skeer the bloodseeker

Rik'kal the dissector

Hiesk the swarm keeper

order in which they come down-

ka-roz the locust

korven the prime

xaril the poisoned mind

Iyyokuk the lucid

kaz'tik the manipulator

kil'ruk the windreaver

Killed last night on 10 man.  Fight felt extremely easy once we paid attention to Hungry Kachongs and quit splitting DPS.  We 3 shot it with 2 heals, as foxesblood states.  Avoid void zones, stack if you get the Blue augmentation, DPS Bloods and Hungry Kachongs, and don't split DPS.  The trash after Klaxxi was harder to figure out than the Klaxxi themselves.

• Like 2

Guest Dibbler

Did anyone else have trouble picking up the Compound Eye buff from Hisek? I got a golden cog, clicked it, it went away, but I didn't get any extra action button or a buff. I checked WOL after and no one else got a Compound Eye buff either so it didn't get taken by someone else.

Guest kida

About Rik'kal's Injection: if you don't want the parasites to spawn then either avoid getting any stacks by timing your active mitigation skills (for BrM monk elusive brew and guard worked like a charm) or let every cast get thru and don't let the debuff fall off till Rik'kal is dead (it won't spawn adds if it exires after the boss is dead, tho the dot damage may ramp up with many stacks).

Guest Naztiva

In "summing things up" for tanks something like

Kil'ruk <= => Xaril
Skeer <= => Rik'kal

would be fine to get the related tank debuffs

Guest Dahlese

The order of boss spawns is not random. This was apparently hotfixed in between the PTR and Live, as nobody has ever gotten anything other than this order:

Rik'kal

Hisek

Skeer

Ka'roz

Korven

Iyyokuk

Xaril

Kaz'tik

Kil'ruk

This significantly lessens the difficulty of the encounter, not necessarily because this is an easy order or bosses, but simply because you don't have to worry about changes from week to week.

The listed enrage timer is the enrage for spoils, not paragons.

Thank you, we updated the guide accordingly!

Hi,

Thanks for this great guide.

Could you please simply update Chapter "5. Fight and Guide Structure" using comments from Dahlese as, indeed, the order of the Paragons starting and entering the fight is not random anymore?

Cheers 8)

i just mark prime and manipulator so we all know they are skull the second they come out. the other guys dont really seem like they do much, so you can just go by stacks. we use hero on pull to kill riki of course, but other than that its not as complex as it might seem.

Guest Zerfltak

Suggested kill order (appearance order has not changed since I've started clearing them, it's as Dahlese says):

Rikkal the Disector (parasites) - burn with CDs/trinket procs to avoid any parasites

Skeer the Bloodseeker (bloods)

Korven the Prime (amber) - bloodlust when amber drops

Hisek the Swarmkeeper (aim)

Xaril the Poisoned Mind (catalyst) - burn with CDs to avoid any catalyst casts

Kaz'tik the Manipulator (kunchongs)

Ka'roz the Locust (whirlwind)

Iyyokuk the Lucid (fiery edge)

Kil'ruk the Wind-reaver (death from above)

On our first kill we switched Ka'roz and Iyyokuk, but this is a better order; Ka'roz actually starts to get dangerous as his stacks go up, but Fiery Edge is very easy to handle.  All that's happening in this order is just cleaning out the problem kiddies (Rikkal, Korven, Xaril, Kaz'tiz) when they spawn (and preferably before they can even cast their problem abilities), and making sure Skeer isn't up when Korven is (totally doable, but annoying and probably quite difficult if your dps is low), then dealing with whoever has been up longest.

Guest Jesse

As of December 26th, the guide still says the spawn order changes every week.  Why has the guide not been updated to reflect the new, fixed spawn order?

p.s.  Here is the spawn order:

The first three paragons will be:

• Skeer the Bloodseeker
  • Rik'kal the Dissector
  • Hisek the Swarmkeeper

As the paragons are killed, they will be replaced in this order:

• Ka'roz the Locust
  • Korven the Prime
  • Iyyokuk the Lucid
  • Xaril the Poisoned Mind
  • Kaz'tik the Manipulator
  • Kil'ruk the Wind-Reaver

I killed these guys quite a few times across several toons in the past couple weeks while finishing my meta achievement and helping guildies with theirs.  They drop in the same order, every time.  Please update this guide, right now it has little more information than the dungeon guide does, and some of that info is wrong.  Even if you don't have time for a full overhaul of the guide (understandable), please at least direct people to the comments for the spawn order.

• Like 1

I'd just like to say "excellent job" on the heroic guide.  It's a huge improvement over the previous state of the guide, and the heroic recommendations look quite useful for people working on normal mode too (not that I expect this is a boss many people get stuck on in normal).

Guest Teppic

Can anyone explain how the Mature Kunchongs handle threat on heroic? In the videos I've seen they are generally quite easily picked up by a tank and quickly focused down, but in my guild's attempts they have been immune to taunt and basically run around mowing people down while tanks try to catch them. They're causing so much chaos (and their health takes so much time away from DPSing kaz'tik) we're considering just letting the 1-2 people who get mesmerize die from its damage quickly to break the channel in order to prevent any of the kunchongs from evolving at all.

By the way, spectral guise instantly breaks the mesmerize. Some other abilities like that might as well.

Can anyone explain how the Mature Kunchongs handle threat on heroic? In the videos I've seen they are generally quite easily picked up by a tank and quickly focused down, but in my guild's attempts they have been immune to taunt and basically run around mowing people down while tanks try to catch them. They're causing so much chaos (and their health takes so much time away from DPSing kaz'tik) we're considering just letting the 1-2 people who get mesmerize die from its damage quickly to break the channel in order to prevent any of the kunchongs from evolving at all.

By the way, spectral guise instantly breaks the mesmerize. Some other abilities like that might as well.

Mature Kunchongs have a threat table.  They CANNOT be picked up by a tank because they will destroy said tank.  Ranged DPS need to be laying into it as a priority target and kill it at all costs as fast as possible.  Hunters are great at taunting and kiting while killing it.  They have a high HP pool, but letting them run around means you have no raiders to actually kill Kaz'tik. 

Also, anyone picked by Mesmerize who reaches the Kunchong will instantly mature it.  It's a pretty heavy gamble for you to approach it that way because you'd have to have all ranged and healers standing as far away from all kunchongs as possible to let Mesmerize kill them.  They'd need to die before the kunchong reached full energy or it would mature anyways.  A better approach is to learn how to handle them and not use battle resses at one of the easier points of the fight.

Mature Kunchongs have a threat table.  They CANNOT be picked up by a tank because they will destroy said tank.  Ranged DPS need to be laying into it as a priority target and kill it at all costs as fast as possible.  Hunters are great at taunting and kiting while killing it.  They have a high HP pool, but letting them run around means you have no raiders to actually kill Kaz'tik. 

Also, anyone picked by Mesmerize who reaches the Kunchong will instantly mature it.  It's a pretty heavy gamble for you to approach it that way because you'd have to have all ranged and healers standing as far away from all kunchongs as possible to let Mesmerize kill them.  They'd need to die before the kunchong reached full energy or it would mature anyways.  A better approach is to learn how to handle them and not use battle resses at one of the easier points of the fight.

There does appear to be a relationship between range and threat, but ranged DPS are supposed to stay far, far away from Kunchongs as is, so this should never be an issue. You should definitely try to kite them and kill them as fast as possible, they will indeed kill anything they touch with gruesomely high hits.

Also, anyone who happens to walk into them to give a kunchong a hug will instantly die and mature said kunchong.

How many Amber Parasites spawn from Injection on 10man hc? And how many players are turned into scorpions with Mutate?

How many Amber Parasites spawn from Injection on 10man hc? And how many players are turned into scorpions with Mutate?

5 Parasites spawn per Injection let through, and 1 player is turned into a Scorpion per Mutate.

For low DPS groups, you can expect 4 Mutates.  For high DPS groups, you can expect 3 Mutates.  If one person can eat two parasites in a single Mutate (first three seconds and last three seconds of Mutate), you're in a better position to move forward through the fight.

• Like 1