FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
drkenrich

Faster leveling up for everyone!

I've read through several guides on leveling up and didn't find a clear list of common tips everyone should use. Regardless of the character you're playing or the types of runs you like, there are a couple of tips you should try. I've done this a couple of times and find my leveling from first spawn to Level 70 Paragon 120+ in this new Season 10 went much quicker. In fact, I often advance 2 and sometimes 3 levels on each bounty quest or rift run.

First, before anyone complains about wrong numbers, I admit they are not specifically precise. I am trying to explain a concept here.

1.    The Leoric's Crown legendary buff is "Increase the effect of any gem socketed intro this item by 94%". This is usually picked up early in the game. As soon as I get this I insert the highest level Ruby gem I can for the increased experience percentage. Up to level 70 a Flawless Royal Ruby gives an additional 41% experience. That’s 41% x 94% = 79.5%. If you can’t start with the highest gem, start lower and replace it as you can.  At level 70 it drops to 4.1%.Until then I keep this regardless of other options. I may not have the strongest, best helm, but I get a tremendous experience boost.

2.    Yellow pools give a constant 25% bonus, not for a given time, but for a given number of points. In fact, the experience tracking line(thin line above the skills bar) will show you how many extra experience points you'll receive, what they will take you to until it's expired, and change the line to yellow instead of the normal blue through multiple runs. Only if you get killed before it ends does it stop working.

3.    Massacres grant a bonus experience based on how many enemy you kill AFTER you reach 15 killed. The more you kill, the higher the bonus. At 15 killed it’s 1x or 100% bonus. At 140 it's up to about 4x or 400% (please, don't hold me to this. I've done it a couple of times and it's based on failing memory). Along with this, try to have at least one ranged weapon you can shoot from a distance. It can keep your total running.

So, let me give you a scenario. Do your run, and run past all smaller groups regardless of the kind or level of them. A single yellow boss is bad. It takes lots of time and gives very little for the effort. When you run into minions (love the little spiders) in a greater horde, stop and kill as many as you can. I like to run just a little past and see if there are more lurking nearby. When you get a good number, stop, backtrack a little, and begin your killing spree. As you get to the last few enemies, begin using your range weapon to shoot intermittently and from a further distance as you try to move toward more enemy nearby. Rack up as many kills as you can. Only engage the enemy when it’s worth the time to do so.

Here’s how the results work out. Look for close horde pack of 20+ with lots of surrounding enemies. Begin killing and stretch it out near the last enemy so you can move to increase the number with nearby enemies. End up with 80 kills and a base of 10,000 points (fictitious number for calculations only). Add massacre bonus of 2.75 (275%), add the yellow pool bonus of 25%, add the Leoric’s Crown bonus of 79.5%, and you end up with 379.5% minimal increase for a grand total of 37,950 + 10,000 = 47,950 experience points.

On any basic run you should be able to find 3 or 4 of these without much difficulty. With a little personal experience you’ll begin to recognize quickly when the setting is right. So a single bounty run can easily net you an extra 200,000 which isn’t bad at lower levels. But, wait, there’s more! These are percentage increases so they increase with your level increases.

Grinding out these runs can actually be more fun! Try it.

I know this is the wrong thread for this but whatever.

Do you think its too late to start Diablo from scratch with no previous experience from similar titles? I would probably just do it for the immersion because HotS made me hungry for WoW SC and Diablo lore. If it would be worth considering starting the game, what class would you recommend to start with? I would probably do mostly solo runs, at least in the start.

If you want tp speed through 1-70 there are 2 ways really to do it and being a Witch Doctor it's possible within 2 hours by ONLY doing massacre bonus through Field of Misery.

But it's boring as hell and the frustration of dropping the bonus half way through is sky high so there is a better way that is both more fun and it'll give you a very solid start to the seasons:

1. Create character, go into Adventure mode on Hard difficulty (Equip pet)
2. Take a followers weapon then find bounty to kill Kulle or Maghda
3. Take your new yellow weapon and do a full round of bounties through all acts.
4. When you pass level 12, finish your act and relog game so you can buy rings(lvl6)/amulet(12) for dmg boost.
5. After all bounties you are above level 23 (Cains set req) so craft 3 pieces of the cain set (not helm) for 50% exp gain.
6. Nephalem rift to level 42 then craft a yellow lvl 60 weapon and try to get as low level requirement stat as possible.
7. Nephalem rift to 61, now craft a lvl 70 TWO HANDED wpn (never class specific or bows) and same thing, level reduce stat!
8. Nephalem to 70!

5 hours ago, BrightwingMain said:

I know this is the wrong thread for this but whatever.

Do you think its too late to start Diablo from scratch with no previous experience from similar titles? I would probably just do it for the immersion because HotS made me hungry for WoW SC and Diablo lore. If it would be worth considering starting the game, what class would you recommend to start with? I would probably do mostly solo runs, at least in the start.

If you want to play D3 because of the gameplay - just get started. The gameplay is good.

If you want to play D3 because of the story - forget it, play D2.

Seriously, D3 gameplay is realy good. But the story, the characters, the quests, the dialogue - that is just horrible. Act 1 is ok, but it gets bad. Realy bad. Like in horribly pathetic.

D1 had the best atmosphere of all Diablo games, but D1 is very old.

And D2 did a fantastic job too. The gameplay is very good, the quests are interesting, the story is good, the cutscenes are dense in atmosphere and just great.

D3 lost most of what made Diablo great.

If you are the least interested in a good story, in great atmosphere, in characters and dialogue: Do yourselve a favour and play Diablo 2. And NOT Diablo 3.

Edited by Guest

6 hours ago, WedgeAntilles said:

If you want to play D3 because of the gameplay - just get started. The gameplay is good.

If you want to play D3 because of the story - forget it, play D2.

Seriously, D3 gameplay is realy good. But the story, the characters, the quests, the dialogue - that is just horrible. Act 1 is ok, but it gets bad. Realy bad. Like in horribly pathetic.

D1 had the best atmosphere of all Diablo games, but D1 is very old.

And D2 did a fantastic job too. The gameplay is very good, the quests are interesting, the story is good, the cutscenes are dense in atmosphere and just great.

D3 lost most of what made Diablo great.

If you are the least interested in a good story, in great atmosphere, in characters and dialogue: Do yourselve a favour and play Diablo 2. And NOT Diablo 3.

Will try the trial version of Diablo 3 to see if the game is something for me. Thanks for suggestions. What would be the best class for easy solo content by the way?

Just another small question. From what title of Diablo series does most of the commonly referred "Diablo lore" come from?

Classes: All classes can be played comfortably.

It depends what you prefer (melee, range, pets, magic...)

Lore: If you are interested in lore I can recommend the book-trilogy The Sin War. It is about the Nephalem and the creation of sanctuary (the world in which Diablo takes place is called sanctuary), the relations between angels and deamons, the creation of humans and how they have a place in the eternal fight between angels and deamons. It is not directly related to Diablo 1 + 2 (it plays thousands of years earlier).

Sure, the books aren't Dostojewski, but they are fun to read. (And since I have read several thousand books in my life I think I can judge if a book is worth reading or not). Obviously it is fantasy with sorcery and things like that. Not my favourite genre, but I felt well entertained. The books gave lots of information and fittet well.

Unfortunatly, next to everything that was described in the books doesn't fit with Diablo 3. But that isn't much of a problem, since D3 doesn't tell anything worth remembering anyway. That's why the books remain my personal canon and the things toled in D3 are ignored.

The "best" lore (in regard to making sense, being plausible and interesting) is told in D1 + D2 IMO. D1 is introducing the basic setting, it doesn't tell you a huge story and doesn't give tons of information / background.

D3 tells you quite a lot of things, unfortunatly mostly garbage.