FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Damien

Siege of Orgrimmar DK DPS Style

This thread is meant to collect useful pieces of information for Frost and Unholy Death Knights attempting bosses in the Siege of Orgrimmar. We will add some contributions ourselves and hope that the rest will come from comments in this thread smile.png

Table of Contents

Immerseus

Tips:

Links:

The Fallen Protectors

Tips:

Links:

Norushen

Tips:

Links:

Sha of Pride

Tips:

Links:

Galakras

Tips:

Links:

Iron Juggernaut

Tips:

Links:

Kor'kron Dark Shaman

Tips:

Links:

General Nazgrim

Tips:

Links:

Malkorok

Tips:

Links:

Spoils of Pandaria

Tips:

Links:

Thok the Bloodthirsty

Tips:

Links:

Siegecrafter Blackfuse

Tips:

Links:

Paragons of the Klaxxi

Tips:

Links:

Garrosh Hellscream

Tips:

Links:

Immerseus:

Protectors:

Norushen:

Sha of Pride:

• you should grip the big add spawning in the back of the room to your group
  • Use spell_shadow_demonicempathy.jpgDeath's Advance, if on prison duty
  • plenty of magic damage to soak with spell_shadow_antimagicshell.jpgAnti-Magic Shell

Galakras:

Iron Juggernaut:

Dark Shamans:

• Slowing green adds: Use inv_glyph_majordeathknight.jpgGlyph of Death and Decay for additional slow/damage
  • You can try to spread your diseases to the adds altough it is kind of risky. Use spell_shadow_antimagicshell.jpgAnti-Magic Shell and be quick wink.png
  • If still having problems with the adds spell_frost_wisp.jpgChilblains can be chosen (ideal for frost, for unholy only if you manage to spread your diseases, see point above). But this reduces your mobility by not having spell_shadow_demonicempathy.jpgDeath's Advance, and you have to move a lot on this fight

Nazgrim:

• ability_deathknight_asphixiate.jpgAsphyxiate is very useful for stunning adds, although you lose some of your mobility
  • ability_deathknight_aoedeathgrip.jpgGorefiend's Grasp is useful for quickly grouping the adds for AoE, or ability_deathknight_remorselesswinters2.Remorseless Winter for stunning. Especially towards the end, since there will be more adds present

Malkorok:

Spoils of Pandaria:

Thok:

Siegecrafter Blackfuse:

• spell_shadow_antimagicshell.jpgAnti-Magic Shell will be your friend. You will get a lot of runic power by soaking the unavoidable ability_siege_engineer_overload.jpgOverload and prevent a lot of damage. Also useful if you have troubles dodging ability_siege_engineer_purification_beamMatter Purification Beam on the conveyor belt. Also keep in mind both glyphs. inv_glyph_majordeathknight.jpgGlyph of Anti-Magic Shell helps in soaking ability_siege_engineer_overload.jpgOverloadinv_glyph_majordeathknight.jpgGlyph of Regenerative Magic should be useful, if you need AMS on the belt.
  • Being on the belt, it is much easier to just run (instead of jump) into the tubes at the end of the belt. spell_shadow_demonicempathy.jpgDeath's Advance should give you enough flexibility
  • Taking spell_shadow_contagion.jpgUnholy Blight as a talent choice is advisable, especially if being on belt business due to more frequent disease applications needed
Edited by Farnion
  • Like 1

/edit: Oh, thought you would copy that and replace the spells with nice links. wink.png

Since you just linked it, I edited in the spells myself and corrected some typos smile.png

Thanks for editing. I don't have the time to copy/paste/edit for all the threads, so I decided that for T16, I'd just link to the contributions. It's better than eventually falling behind and not being motivated anymore to keep things updated.

Malkorok

Pop army pre-pull and when the Ancient Miasma is applied, immediately Death Pact to get a great boost to the shield right from the start.

• Like 1

and some blackfuse tips added

Just putting in that, using spell_holy_consumemagic.jpgDark Simulacrum on Wavebinder Kardris in the Dark Shaman encounter will steal spell_frost_frostshock.jpgFroststorm Bolt. This scales with frost DK mastery and can crit in excess of 1m damage easily. Using the glyph is recommended to lower the CD.

Sorry for the delay, but I finally managed to find some time to update the opening thread (got married recently tongue.png)

frost dk

iron juggernaut: pillar of frost can mitigate the knockback

via 

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/1405243-Iron-Juggernaut-Shock-Pulse-Knockback?p=23872227

any DK

paragons of klaxxi: "Use glyph of dark simulacrum and use it on Set'thik Wind Wielder you can get buff that increase damage done by 5%"

via 

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/1185218-Guide-Active-Mitigation-Hipsters-5-4-DK-Tanking?p=24165040&viewfull=1#post24165040

For DPS and Tanking.

Iron Juggernaut (HC):

- You can use Anti-Magic Zone on the Shock Pulse to reduce damage taken to raid. Preferably used on the first.

- You can use Anti-Magic Shell with glyph to compleetly soak a Shock Pulse

- Recommended to use Lichborne + Anit Magic Shell (glyphed) on last Shock Pulse to quickly heal yourself and run back to the boss. (Only works if you don't use Anti-Magic Zone)

Kor'kron Dark Shaman (HC):

-You can use Anti-Magic Zone to further reduce the damage taken from Falling Ash.

Malkorok (HC) 10-man:

- Soak the puddles with AMS up for instant full runic power, use Anti-Magic Shell glyph.

Thok (HC):

- Help out the tank on the 5th stack of the Frost breath with Anti-Magic Zone to reduce the damage taken from the breath right before freezing.

- If you're tanking you can compleetly soak a Poison/Fire/Frost breath with Anti-Magic Shell (Must be using the anti-magic shell glyph) you'll be able to cheese a stack of the tank debuff and sometimes even resetting the stacks if timed perfectly.

- When the tank gets frozen use Howling Blast/Death Coil to get him out faster.

Siegecrafter HC:

-Use AMZ during the empowered magnet phase to reduce dmg taken, preferably ontop of the tanks/melee to help out the healers.

-Use AMZ to reduce the damage taken from the shockpulse from the Shredder.

Klaxxi HC:

- Aim can be soaked compleetly with Purgatory, make sure to have a pet sac and healthstone ready to heal you back up.

-AMZ is extreemly usefull to help reduce damage taken by the fiery edge debuff.

-Anti Magic Shell will absorb a whole fiery edge debuff if you shift presence to blood together with Shifting presence glyph and anti magic shell glyph.

Garrosh Normal:

-The Whirling Corruption can be compleetly soaked with AMS if you're using the glyph and shit pressence.

Edited by Beastaly