FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Cyrodyna

Need help. DPS is off.

22 minutes ago, Banard said:

This is boarder line botting....i would say use at own risk. People might not of gotten a ban yet but that means they will not in the future. 

Don't believe me? google lazy macro wow ban....look at all those people asking the question....they would not be asking if it didn't feel "right". 

Barnard, 

I apologize if you found my suggestion to be  inappropriate.  I assure you that it was not meant to be.   I totally agree with you in the fact that anyone and everyone should do the research,  I did as well before using.  In fact, extensively covering much of the material you suggested.  At that point I made a decision based on what I was able to see. I would encourage all to do the same.  Yes,  you are also correct in the assessment that WOW could make changes in what add-ons and macos are able to do,  happens all the time. Again I apologize if you found my suggestion to be inappropriate.  Truly was trying to  be helpful.  

20 minutes ago, Kuddzuu said:

Barnard, 

I apologize if you found my suggestion to be  inappropriate.  I assure you that it was not meant to be.   I totally agree with you in the fact that anyone and everyone should do the research,  I did as well before using.  In fact, extensively covering much of the material you suggested.  At that point I made a decision based on what I was able to see. I would encourage all to do the same.  Yes,  you are also correct in the assessment that WOW could make changes in what add-ons and macos are able to do,  happens all the time. Again I apologize if you found my suggestion to be inappropriate.  Truly was trying to  be helpful.  

Has nothing to do with inappropriate. Has to do with you marketing that product as a macro. 

Please stop calling this a macro...this is not a macro....this is a add on (AKA THIRD PARTY PROGRAM) that using macro language. 

I strongly urge everyone to avoid using this. 

2 hours ago, Eyeroll said:

I will be loading GSW addon and getting this macro.

quoting you to make sure you get a notice from icy veins....

GSW addon  = third party program

macro in that add on= botting (note macro here is not the same as macro in wow)

use at own risk. 

** edit for clarification. 

Edited by Banard

3 minutes ago, Banard said:

quoting you to make sure you get a notice from icy veins....

GSW addon  = third party program

macro = botting

use at own risk. 

I think I meant GSE, which is on curse.  GSE, points to wowlazymacros.  

I know what botting is.  I got a 6 month ban because I used Honor Buddy for a month to bot garrisons in WoD.   Haven't touched it since.

I mean, you say, macro = botting.  I noticed you recommended a macro to do a series of casts (though not the macro per se, just how someone should do it).    How is that different?

I appreciate the warning.  

25 minutes ago, Eyeroll said:

I think I meant GSE, which is on curse.  GSE, points to wowlazymacros.  

I know what botting is.  I got a 6 month ban because I used Honor Buddy for a month to bot garrisons in WoD.   Haven't touched it since.

I mean, you say, macro = botting.  I noticed you recommended a macro to do a series of casts (though not the macro per se, just how someone should do it).    How is that different?

I appreciate the warning.  

ya i typed that to fast and re-reading it can see where i lost ya....

macro in wow...IN WOW...when you hit esc and write a macro... that is a legal macro.  

This is a third party software that uses "macro type language"  ...go copy and past there lazy macros into wow default without using the third party program....

See the difference? 

This is to close to botting ...to close to the line. I would avoid using GSE inspired lazy macros. 

My basic rule of thumb...if you need a add on to help with a macro <----then dont. 

this is my personal opinion...of course.  

if you need another google lazy macro wow ban...to many hits for me ...

Edited by Banard

34 minutes ago, Banard said:

Has nothing to do with inappropriate. Has to do with you marketing that product as a macro. 

Please stop calling this a macro...this is not a macro....this is a add on (AKA THIRD PARTY PROGRAM) that using macro language. 

I strongly urge everyone to avoid using this. 

Again, I was not attempting to be either deceptive or misleading in anyway, you are correct this is an add-on that is available on Curse.  I did all of the research you suggested prior to using it and found nothing that to me seemed inappropriate.  My initial response was never about "marketing", regardless of what you may think I was attempting to helpful.   You are also correct in your assessment that what add-ons are able to do is changed all the time.  Thank you for your warnings and concerns, they are duly noted. I apologize for any breach of forum etiquette that this all may have been.

27 minutes ago, Cyrodyna said:

I've used gse, don't like it. Its to spam heavy and with what I'm dealing with, it hurts to spam

hurts to spam?

Just throwing this out there....you can get this mouse that has a wheel that spins forever..and ever....and ever...

It was from Logitech i think...had one in BC ...back then we only spammed steady shot a 3:2 macro (which weaved autoshot between our steady shots) ...but that was it...we only used one ability...

I remember certain bosses just flicking the wheel and then getting up to make a sandwhich....cause you know raiding in BC was so hard (note the sarcasm) 

Moral of the story...if your finding yourself spamming...look for one of those mouses.  

Ok, so I suffer from torsion dystonia. I didn't want to just up and say it because its a difficult disease to explain. My arms spasm and it gets painful. Thats why spamming and even typing one handed is a pain.

1 hour ago, Banard said:

ya i typed that to fast and re-reading it can see where i lost ya....

macro in wow...IN WOW...when you hit esc and write a macro... that is a legal macro.  

This is a third party software that uses "macro type language"  ...go copy and past there lazy macros into wow default without using the third party program....

See the difference? 

This is to close to botting ...to close to the line. I would avoid using GSE inspired lazy macros. 

My basic rule of thumb...if you need a add on to help with a macro <----then dont. 

this is my personal opinion...of course.  

if you need another google lazy macro wow ban...to many hits for me ...

Again, I appreciate the concern and the discussion.  Fortunately, I walked through all the hits and followups and read all the pages.   GSE only uses WOW approved APIs, which is allowed.   The assertion that hits on your google search is too many,  is why you choose to avoid it, is fine.  I prefer to be better informed.   GSE isn't botting.  Botting is going away and letting a program run through and do all your garrison chores or farm ores or herbs, while the human is off doing something else.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Cyrodyna said:

Ok, so I suffer from torsion dystonia. I didn't want to just up and say it because its a difficult disease to explain. My arms spasm and it gets painful. Thats why spamming and even typing one handed is a pain.

Ok.  So you should be able to find some happy medium that allows you a better rotation using several of the suggestions provided, without having to spam just one button.

Maybe you can get some help from the GSE/LWM folks to appropriately split up the macros.  Or find some other solution.

Just adding in my two cents here.

Like others have pointed out, best to try and read as much of the BM hunter guide here before asking for help, if you're still struggling with it after that then by all means pop us a question.

And as far as that idea of basically playing with one button goes, there are plenty of people that have macros that combine like 3 abilities that are off GCD and spam that and something else, but using a third-party addon to do so seems risky. I'd advise you to proceed with caution and without being a bit of a party pooper, might be an idea to check with a GM first. It may make things worse to do so but it's better to check and find out it's against the T&Cs now than to get a ban from it in 3 months time.

Hi All,

I am the author of GSE and would like to clarify a couple of items.

GSE is not bot or an external third party tool.  It is a mod written in Lua using the WoW API and only uses methods and functions that the API exposes.  It overcomes a few limitations in the WOW macro system.  These limitations are things like macro character length and limitations in the processing of things like loops.

It is however still restricted by the WOW Execution sandbox.  It cannot perform multiple actions.  In that while you can program up a sequence onto a button, it still can only perform one GCD ability per key press.  It cannot just start running and fight for you.  You need to press the button for it to perform the first action and then ready the next.  It cannot make decisions for you.  It cannot perform If then Else logic.  eg it cant wait for a proc then use an ability.  You as the player still need to make these choices.  It also cannot change spells based on the success or failure of the previous cast.  GSE cannot change the macro in any way once combat has started.  It is locked in a sandbox until combat has finished.  In essence it is limited to the same execution limitations as any other normal macro.  When attempting to get around these limits, a wow error is thrown and the macro stops working till the player is out of combat.  This is called in the mod community as "taint" or tainted execution.

GSE doesnt have its own language.  It uses Lua the programming language that Blizzard has embedded into the game.  It defines a macro in the form of a Lua table.  This table is not able to execute on its own. It has no moving or executable parts.   It is a specification that GSE uses to generate the macro from.

You will not be banned for using GSE and more than you got banned for using DBM.  In the 7.1 patch a bunch of BDM range finding behaviour was withdrawn from the API.  IE Blizzard removed the ability for the mod to access those internal functions.  If Blizzard doesn't like how GSE works then it will remove, limit or change the API functions that GSE uses.  GSE works solely within the limitations that Blizzard has specified.  It doesnt use any third party tools outside of the game to operate.

As there is the one click one action rule, some people use programmable keyboards and mice (like Razor and Logitech) or a third party program like Punch Key or Auto Hot Key so that they can "spam" the macro button.  While this is a grey area it is not part of GSE.  It is totally seperate from GSE and is a player choice.  I do have correspondence from Blizzard however that using Autohotkey with WoW is not bannable as it is still not making decisions on behalf of the player or playing the game for them.

I hear often from people with limited mobility who use GSE.  While it wont complete perfect rotations it will however make the game more accessible to those who have injury or disability. 

Unfortunately this topic has derailed into a conversation on whether GSE is legal or not.  For that I apologise to the OP and hope that some of the ideas presented in this thread will assist you in the future.  If anyone has questions on GSE feel free to contact me directly.

Edited by TimothyLuke
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, TimothyLuke said:

Hi All,

I am the author of GSE and would like to clarify a couple of items.

Hey man, thanks for getting back to us on that, appreciate the information.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, TimothyLuke said:

Statement (one)

It overcomes a few limitations in the WOW macro system.  These limitations are things like macro character length and limitations in the processing of things like loops.

Statement (two)

GSE works solely within the limitations that Blizzard has specified.  It doesnt use any third party tools outside of the game to operate.

Thank you for more detail on your add on but i'll still avoid it.  When you go into the realm of altering the rules of the macro languages with a wow add on then your stepping into a very grey area. 

Will you get banned for using it? Probably not, there have been a few add-ons that gave 3 day bans (the old cross faction language  add-on comes to mind) but i think you are correct in stating if it crops up on blizzard radar they will hot fix it...and remove the ability...if that is possible without breaking something else. 

and fyi....add ons are third party tools ...aka a program/software that isn't create by Blizzard....but used with their software/game. 

Edited by Banard