p1xel8ted

Gear Check - 907ilvl

8 posts in this topic

Hi guys, just the bi-annual gear check. On concordance 2.

Currently 6/10M, 

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/character/khazgoroth/stiix

That has me in what I call my heroic/mythic gear, combined with interrupts and the the interrupts from tremble before me, the speed and haste boost is nice.

heroic.thumb.jpg.7d36a2555d0d07d51ee45dc007f0fb48.jpg

For raid gear, its a mix of M/H (always maintaining 4 set) tier with Skullflower's HaemostasisSkullflower's Haemostasis and Service of GorefiendService of Gorefiend and ill swap out tremble for whatever is suited for the fight, and usually always go with purgatory.

raid.thumb.jpg.5364a59061f1f1fd641fd03d437b872c.jpg

Now I do have Royal Dagger HaftRoyal Dagger Haft and Animated ExoskeletonAnimated Exoskeleton as my trinkets, but could replace Royal Dagger Haft with Fang of TichondriusFang of Tichondrius (yay or nay). To be honest, in Mythic, the dagger has saved my butt numerous times and I don't like the loss of crit I get if i equip fang.

My other legendaries are Shackles of BryndaorShackles of Bryndaor and Archimonde's Hatred RebornArchimonde's Hatred Reborn (which i never use)

My main question is, is what I'm doing a good strategy, does the effects from skullflower and gorefiend outway the pure stats of my heroic setup? Plus any suggestions from the wise would be awesome. I try and follow the "Balanced" gearing strategy.

Regards, and thanks,
Stiix.

The leech gain is rather low compared to the value of your royal dagger. While i applause a balanced strategy in general as a tank your goal is stay alive and keep crap off of your buddies so I think sticking with royal dagger is fine. You are correct, archimondes is rather poop nuggets I don't recommend it. As far as your raid set up, you are looking pretty good, I might want a bit more crit but because you have skullflowers and gorefiend you are fine. I like that combo because I feel it covers both ends of our mitigation. So you are reducing the CD on VB which is awesome and skullflowers is just a strong legendary for blood in general. 

So for raiding your are set up perfectly. Looking at your heroic/mythic setup your stats are good but I'm assuming this is without your legendary items equipped? Depending on how far down the mythic plus rabbit hole you go, you would definetly want to start using your legendaries in the mythic plus dungeons. Specifically because certain affixes are just cancer and blood has issues with them. The abilities of the legendaries out weigh the extra couple percentages in crit or haste. Secondary stats values were diminished in one of the legion patches.

TLDR you are doing great. I like purgatory across the board in all situations. Depending on fights composition in raiding/mythic plus dungeon you may want to swap gorefiends for shackles but that's more of a really situational thing. You are doing very well and the only thing I would say if i understood your message right is 100% incorporate your legendarys into mythic plus running. Beyond that you looking pretty solid :D

• Like 1

For mythic plus, I find the bracers and shoulders work very well together, more healing and more dps more often from DS. With the dps increase to DS this will be even better in 7.2.5. Add in a DMC Immortality for the physical dps reduction bit and see how your gear goes. The other trinket a random stat stick or a decent dps trinket and your laughing. 

• Like 1

On 6/12/2017 at 9:30 PM, demonardvark said:

The leech gain is rather low compared to the value of your royal dagger. While i applause a balanced strategy in general as a tank your goal is stay alive and keep crap off of your buddies so I think sticking with royal dagger is fine. You are correct, archimondes is rather poop nuggets I don't recommend it. As far as your raid set up, you are looking pretty good, I might want a bit more crit but because you have skullflowers and gorefiend you are fine. I like that combo because I feel it covers both ends of our mitigation. So you are reducing the CD on VB which is awesome and skullflowers is just a strong legendary for blood in general. 

So for raiding your are set up perfectly. Looking at your heroic/mythic setup your stats are good but I'm assuming this is without your legendary items equipped? Depending on how far down the mythic plus rabbit hole you go, you would definetly want to start using your legendaries in the mythic plus dungeons. Specifically because certain affixes are just cancer and blood has issues with them. The abilities of the legendaries out weigh the extra couple percentages in crit or haste. Secondary stats values were diminished in one of the legion patches.

TLDR you are doing great. I like purgatory across the board in all situations. Depending on fights composition in raiding/mythic plus dungeon you may want to swap gorefiends for shackles but that's more of a really situational thing. You are doing very well and the only thing I would say if i understood your message right is 100% incorporate your legendarys into mythic plus running. Beyond that you looking pretty solid :D

raidset.thumb.png.100af91c2560b499d3a29dc4caaff163.png             heroicset.thumb.png.299377a2fe96c82c346ab2fdef64b02e.png

Sorry bracers changed, and to clear the gear up a bit. The gems in Rethu's are all 150 haste. I'm not a huge mythic+ fan, highest I've done is 12 I think. But that's the stats with all legendaries equipped.

So, If i'm assuming the left is for raid and the right is for dungeons than you look pretty solid :D

Only thing with Rethu is the healing is much lower compared to gorefiends, its better than nothing of course, but is inferior in comparison. Otherwise I like the set ups for their intended purposes. For raiding yes we would in theory like higher stats somewhere in the middle between the two choices, however, the defensive power of your legendaries is too great to give up imo. You did denote going after a more in the middle build which is fine, for tanking though I always lean a bit more conservatively. If you feel you can stay alive well, you can start trying to increase deeps but at the end of they day your job is to stay alive. 

So, both optimized setups look good, the heroic one could use tweaking for high end mythic plus but you noted you don't really do mythic plus, sooooo

you are good to go bro :D

vault-boy-happy.png

• Like 1

Awesome, just what I wanted to hear, thanks man!

P.S Rethus is more for the speed boost lol, the healing is a bonus. Do enough self healing with everything else.

Edited by p1xel8ted

1 hour ago, p1xel8ted said:

Awesome, just what I wanted to hear, thanks man!

P.S Rethus is more for the speed boost lol, the healing is a bonus. Do enough self healing with everything else.

On mythic plus for many of the modifiers I equip the legendary pants, because being able to move my fat arse is really a bigger buff than anything else the legendary's can offer >_<

So had a few upgrades from Heroic ToS, I don't know if simming in AMR is reliable or not, but this set I have lower healing required per second, higher TMI and higher NPS, but I lose so much haste. Mind you, at 10 stacks, its at 30% ish.

Opinions? Same Leggos as before, Skullflower and Gorefiend.

Should note I have 2 piece of ToS tier.

ilvl918.thumb.png.a5251d175a26f237b8ebe119447fe6b6.png

I've logged out in the gear, if u wanna take a squiz - https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/character/khazgoroth/stiix

Edited by p1xel8ted
Tier