FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Sojnekah

BM DPS Help: My DPS Has Gotten Low

Hey there, looking for some common mistakes I might be making in my gear or dps rotation that I am just not seeing. You'd think it would be pretty basic but my dps has been all over the place recently. 

I will be fighting kiljaeden (pretty standard) and have anywhere from 650-850dps average for the fight. It's gotten me kicked a couple times obviously despite being good on mechanics. I've reviewed several guides, made sure I am enchanted and gemmed... cannot figure it out. What am I doing wrong? (Yes low on meters for other fights as well though not always). 

924 iLevel, wearing legendary belt and chest (dont have tier to wear shoulders and chest)

67% Mastery (issue?) 
24% Critical Strike
29% Haste

Opener: Blood Fury, Tome (trinket), Crow, Bestial Wrath, Dire Frenzy, KC, AspectotW, Titan's Thunder, CS, KC, DF...

Repeat KC, CS, And cast DF whenever buff falls off or procs bonus. 

Talent Build is:
Cobra
Frenzy
Posthaste
Bestial
Int
Crow
Killer Cobra

Helps, tips, advice welcome. 

Are there common mistakes to rotation i might be making even if u dont see it here? Should i be working hard to gear swap? I am at a loss and it is getting frustrating. Thanks

Here is what i see my friend. You need way more Mastery. You are running the DF build so your talents are correct, you want the 4pT20 which is correct, and you have 2 of the best legendaries equipped. However, 1 of your rings, your neck, and your bracers have no Mastery at all. This is your top stat as a DF BM hunter. Looking at your logs you seem to be playing the DF stack game pretty well which is usually where DF hunters are lacking proper execution. Where you do seem to be losing some dps is during Aspect of the Wild. You want to be sure to have 2-3 DF stacks for the duration of it. This means delaying DF a bit when you know that AotW is coming up. The haste from 3 stacks with Thunderlash will put out some high damage on the target. Those are the only 2 things I see readily. Get more mastery by swapping out those offset non mastery pieces and make sure you have high DF stacks during AotW. 

Thanks, will do. Really appreciate checking my logs for the detailed view. Will try to better line up AotW usage. As for the mastery... just trying what gear I can. Those pieces without mastery either replaced pieces without mastery or were 20+ iLevel higher... Doing best I can there. 

Some people have recommended going back for T19 2 piece and saying fuck the gear difference for stomp build. Thoughts on this? Not viable as I get higher gear? 

Personal pref really. With no T19 and 4pT20, the builds are close enough to just play what you like imo. I think DF is theoretically higher but not by enough that that is the only way to go. The crit build benefits from 2pT19 more than the DF build does so stacking 2pT19 with 4pT20 is very popular for Stomp hunters. At some point though, the increased ilvl from ToS gear will overtake the 2pT19 bonus and ppl will start dropping 2pT19 bonus for the much higher ilvl ToS gear. Running 2p + 4p also requires good legendaries in off-set slots. If all you have is head and pants, you are out of luck. if you have Belt and the new Ring, you are set. Holding onto the 2pT19 will yield stomp hunters more dps but only to a point and that point is on a case by case basis. if your T19 is on LFR and now you are getting T20 Heroic, its probably time to drop it but only personal sims using your gear and what is available to equip will determine the bests combo of set bonuses and legendaries. 

22 hours ago, Sojnekah said:

Some people have recommended going back for T19 2 piece and saying fuck the gear difference for stomp build. Thoughts on this? Not viable as I get higher gear? 

That depends on what tier 19 pieces and legendaries you have. I use the tier 19 2-set, tier 20 4-set with the legendary belt and ring of the huntsman, with Dire Frenzy and Blink Strikes (since the huntsman gives me Bestial Fury already), which works really well, so that's another alternative if you don't like Stomp so much.

Looking at your logs it seems you've been using Stomp for two weeks though, so I'm not sure why you wrote that you're not. Do you not like it?

I would recommend changing the neck enchant for Mark of the Trained Soldier. If you look at your logs Hidden Satyr only deals around 2% of your damage.

Edited by Khallid

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By aNamelessHenchman
      Hi Everyone,

Returning to D3 after an absence.
      Trying to figure out the best desired stat rolls for items as per the guides, have always struggled with this.
      Am deciding to play DH Shadow Impale build this season 25. For example:

The Compass Rose
      1. Socket
      2. Critical Hit Chance
      3. Critical Hit Damage
      4. Area Damage or Attack Speed
      So am I looking for a ring rolled with all these stats? Because most of the time it will roll with Dexterity. So wouldn't it be unlikely that I would find such a ring? 
      If I had one with say Dex,CHD,socket and Attack speed    -     should I reroll Dex into CHC? Doesn't this defeat the purpose of Ancients? (as the ancient would have possible higher Dex but not higher CHC)
      What if CHD was really low and Dex was really high? What if overall damage goes down because I re-roll Dex?
      I'm confused. Just trying to figure out how to decide between 2 items.
      EG: I have 2 Convention of Elements
      Priorities are:
      1. Socket
      2. Critical Hit Chance
      3. Critical Hit Damage
      4. Area Damage or Attack Speed
      Ring A (Ancient):                Ring B (non-Ancient):
      +618 Dexterity                     +473 Dexterity
      CHD : + 46% (rolled)            + 49% (rolled)
      CHC: + 4.5%                           +5.0%
      Socket                                     Socket
      The game shows no difference in damage but minus in toughness and recovery on Ring B (must be secondary stats)

Which Ring is better? (should I choose?)
      Thanks for any explanation of this. Especially @Deadset

• By Ehiztari
      Enter Eclipse Apply or maintain your Moonfire, Sunfire, and Stellar Flare (if talented) Keep Celestial Alignment / Incarnation: Chosen of Elune (if talented) on cooldown Cast Convoke the Spirits when you have less than 50 Astral Power. Try to pair with your other cooldowns but do not lose a use. Spend your Astral Power on Starsurge or Starfall on multi-target. Do not lose uses of Warrior of Elune, Force of Nature, or Fury of Elune (if talented). Cast the Eclipse-appropriate filler. Item 3 says to cast Celestial Alignment as a higher priority than (presumably that means before you cast) Convoke the Spirits.
      The subsection on Convoke the Spirits Optimization says "Generally, you will play around your Convoke and not your Celestial Alignment, as you almost never want to cast Celestial Alignment without Convoke up as well."
      I'm not quite understanding how I'm supposed to prioritize Celestial Alignment in my rotation but not generally cast Celestial Alignment without Convoke up.
      Unless Convoke is a special sort of channel, if you actually managed to cast Celestial Alignment during Convoke, wouldn't it interrupt the channeling of Convoke?
      If I am supposed to cast Convoke and then cast Celestial Alignment as it's channeling, shouldn't the rotation guide have those reversed?
      I'm sorry to be a noodge about accuracy here, but either I'm badly misunderstanding what looks like fairly simple instructions or the two elements of the instructions are inconsistent with one another.
    • By Reicha7
      So the stat priority page of the guide ranks haste much higher than strength but the consumables guide recommends the feast for strength even though the haste food offers more haste which should make it the better choice surely?
      Hoping someone more aware of the theorycrafting to clear that up for me.

This mainly applies for raiding by the way but if there is a different answer for M+ I am interested to know the answer there.
    • By teebling
      Hey IV, I made a simple stats calculator stats calculator for wow classic in javascript.
      You select a class, then enter values into the fields for Stamina, Strength, Agility, Intellect and Spirit. As you type it updates the results which show you useful information based on what stats you entered - like dodge, and crit percentages, class-specific statistics like Ranged AP for Hunters and block for Druids in bear form etc. 
      Hopefully people find this useful for comparing item benefits and racial starting stats, or for learning how base stats affect different classes in Classic. Did you know for example that Shamans can build Block with Str items?
      I didn’t just post here to show this off - I need some help with calculating Spirit. Some users have commented that Spirit health/mana regen values are too high for various classes (for example Paladins) and was wondering if anyone here had some more information on this!
      Your boy teeb
    • By Purplespirk
      I am new to mmos and I was playing an Arcane Mage but my fiance said frost mages are better so I am trying to learn how to play it and I have watched videos and gone over the icy viens information but it is still very confusing for me. I know this sounds bad but can anyone like dumb it down or like comment simpler instructions right now i am going off this attachment i made based of some advice and off of icy viens and i am only doing 4152 dps total so I am not sure if this is low or not but I am already level 120 right now 
      https://gyazo.com/4130f71f1790c7b25a8dd3d23cb4f388