FORUMS
L0rinda

Val'kyr Soulclaimer Card Reveal: Knights of the Frozen Throne

WZBJ3On.jpg

Val'kyr Soulclaimer has been revealed. It is a Rare Warrior minion, and is the forty-eighth Knights of the Frozen Throne card to be unveiled.

Val'kyr Soulclaimer continues the long line of Warrior minions that perform better when they get injured.

DragNDrop.png

(Source: Hearthpwn)

The first thing that stands out, is that this card is not exactly Grim Patron. Of course, that was never really likely to be a card that was printed again any time soon, but the stats on the Soulclaimer do seem to be too low to invest a turn on developing. While it is likely that you will be able to repetitively get two ghouls from the card, it is equally likely that they will take multiple turns to produce, and the Soulclaimer is not a huge threat. I feel that the only way this card sees much play is if a Grimy Goons buff deck becomes viable.

For a full list of previously revealed cards, as well as all of the information about the new expansion, check out our Knights of the Frozen Throne expansion hub.

20 hours ago, SithLordOfSnark said:

This might actually be better then Patron, tbh.

I disagree because it only spawns a vanilla 2/2 while Grim Patron spawned another of itself which made it harder to deal with. I am however starting to see the makings of a Token Warrior. *Shudders* 

• Like 2

On 31/07/2017 at 3:20 PM, KingMe said:

I disagree because it only spawns a vanilla 2/2 while Grim Patron spawned another of itself which made it harder to deal with. I am however starting to see the makings of a Token Warrior. *Shudders* 

This is a bit less easy to punish with a single hit, though. It survives Frostbolt and most 3 attack 2-drops, which would have completely ruined Patron.