Akezhar

Vigor instead of Deeper Stratagem

Sign in to follow this  

4 posts in this topic

So I just got my Rogue to 110 on Monday and plan on raiding soon. But  I am a bit unhappy about Vigor not being an option. Every guide I found put the other two talents above it. I really like playing with Vigor, this might just be because my gear is still kinda bad and messed up(850ish), but it feels a lot smoother with Vigor.
So I wanted to know why excactly the other two are better and by how much. 

Edit: Sub

Edited by Akezhar

9 hours ago, Akezhar said:

So I just got my Rogue to 110 on Monday and plan on raiding soon. But  I am a bit unhappy about Vigor not being an option. Every guide I found put the other two talents above it. I really like playing with Vigor, this might just be because my gear is still kinda bad and messed up(850ish), but it feels a lot smoother with Vigor.
So I wanted to know why excactly the other two are better and by how much. 

Not sure if you're referring to Outlaw or Sub, but guides in general are written with min/max raid output in mind (and using them if you aren't familiar with the rotation can be a huge dps loss even if they're the 'right' talents).   In either case,  the other talents are suggested because they give you a higher theoretical damage ceiling (and a lower floor).  Vigor is perfectly fine for learning the basics while keeping up decent output, and for Sin it's the best choice in any case.  

2 hours ago, MrEdren said:

Not sure if you're referring to Outlaw or Sub, but guides in general are written with min/max raid output in mind (and using them if you aren't familiar with the rotation can be a huge dps loss even if they're the 'right' talents).   In either case,  the other talents are suggested because they give you a higher theoretical damage ceiling (and a lower floor).  Vigor is perfectly fine for learning the basics while keeping up decent output, and for Sin it's the best choice in any case.  

Wow, yeah, can`t believe I didn't mention my specc. It's Sub. Thanks for the awnser.

1 hour ago, Akezhar said:

Wow, yeah, can`t believe I didn't mention my specc. It's Sub. Thanks for the awnser.

No problem. 

For a new sub player, I would absolutely spec into vigor until you're 100% comfortable with it - that spec severely punishes sketchy resource management, so having the smoother energy curve early on is a godsend. 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Dredd
      <Return With Honor> H6/9 weekday 6pm-8:30p EST raid times. Tank and Sham/Priest heals needed. We also have a reward system where you can receive game time & game store items paid for by the guild. If interested pst me. Also visit us at returnwithhonor.shivtr.com
      Who Are We?
      Originally established in Tichondrius-US during the WoD expansion, Return With Honor is a guild lead by military veterans who are also veteran players of World of Warcraft. We offer great conversations, crude humor, active environment, and a home for individuals looking to be apart of a tight nit group. We also have a guild point system used by our members to earn great prizes like in-game items(gear, pets, mounts, etc) and game time. These points can be earned by staying active on our guild website, volunteering to assist the guild, and being involved in any guild groups.
      RAID SCHEDULE
      Alternating raid weeks
      (Varying days scheduled a month out)Tues, Friday, Sunday and Wed, Thu, Mon: 6:00PM-8:30PM EST
      We expect everyone to be prepared and ready to go 15 minutes before raid time (5:45PM EST) to start pulls at 6:00PM EST. We get Saturdays off every week.
      https://www.wowprogress.com/guild/us/emerald-dream/Return+With+Honor
      RATED BATTLEGROUNDS
      The RBG schedule varies on a week by week basis. Multiple groups will be formed to accommodate mostly everyone.
      Guild Events
      Guild Events are held every week with prizes for members to earn like high ilvl BOE gear, gold, pets, and mounts.
      If interested please contact Hoodxd or myself by in-game message or mail
      contact me at #ActionJack11202
    • By Treylawny
      <Trust> may be what you're looking for if you enjoy killing internet dragons with a group of like minded players! Currently we are 8/9 Heroic, soon to be stepping into Mythic ToS. We are recruiting to finish rounding out our raid team. <Trust> is located on the [US] Doomhammer/Baelgun pve servers, alliance side! Check us out!

About Us:
      <Trust> is a recently formed guild, founded by a group of long time players that have been raiding together for a couple of years now. Founded out of a desire to continue raiding in a casual-progression manner, we work towards defeating mythic bosses. <Trust> is a raiding guild, first and foremost.

Our Raids:
      <Trust> maintains a progression-oriented 2-day semi-casual raiding team. That's 'semi' as in we expect our team members to always prioritize life first; but not 'casual' as in we take downing bosses less seriously. We strive to maintain a balance of taking our progression raids seriously while having plenty of laughs along the way.

Raid Schedule:
      Tuesday & Thursday: 5p – 8p server (8p – 11p eastern)
      Friday(optional): 5p – 8p server (8p – 11p eastern)

Recruitment:
      <Trust> is looking for full time Resto Druid, Mages, Hunters, and Warlocks for our raid team. We are also open for good people to join as casual players, pvpers, with the option to join farm content or alt raids.

More Info:
      Feel free to reach out to us:
      Recruitment Officer:
      In game - Treylawny
      Battletag - Treylawny#1813

Guild Lead:
      In game – Oleic
      Battletag - Jarg#1591

-OR-

Website and Application: <Trust> (US)Doomhammer/Baelgun
      (The app is quick and painless as its used primarily to get your name to us quickly!)

Discord is our way of communicating during raid; also used for casual chatting!

• By Damien
      This thread is for comments about our Jade Rogue Deck List Guide.
    • By Fleets
      Hello, I'am wondering as a subletly rogue if it's worth keeping the Nighthold T2 Bonus since I dont have the shoulders legendary, so wanna know if talented rogue could help me ! 
      Thanks for replying :) 
    • By Babblet
      Location: – Horde – US Connected Realms: The Venture Co - Maelstrom - Lightninghoof

About us:
      Converge has been around since WoW Vanilla and has been raiding together since Molten Core; most of our members have been playing together for years. In its older days, when most of us where young, we were more raid focused and demanded a lot from our members. Over the years we had to adjust our playtime and priorities with a growing list of RL responsibilities and are now a two day raiding guild; we had to cut our total hours spent playing WoW but we still remain just as competitive and result oriented.

Mandatory reading.
      Basics: be ilvl 890+; 52+ points in MS Artifact Weapon.
      Raiding 101: be able to execute/avoid fight mechanics; communicate in English and use a microphone.
      We raid twice a week, a total of 6 hours; attendance of 90% is mandatory. We require you to function at 100% from the second the raid starts all the way to its end; if you cannot commit to a raiding schedule and be online on time this is not a guild for you.

Raid Times: 8:00 PM – 11:00 AM Eastern Time – Monday/Tuesday.

Recruitment: Ranged DPS / Heals / Melee DPS (Rogues only)

Legion Progression:
      EN 7/7 Heroic
      ToV 3/3 Heroic
      NH 10/10 Heroic
      ToS 4/9 Heroic

Contacts:  
      BTag: Shig#1825

*Do not send PMs, get in touch in-game; do not contact unless you are ready to transfer if accepted for a permanent raid spot.