Akezhar

Vigor instead of Deeper Stratagem

Sign in to follow this  

4 posts in this topic

So I just got my Rogue to 110 on Monday and plan on raiding soon. But  I am a bit unhappy about Vigor not being an option. Every guide I found put the other two talents above it. I really like playing with Vigor, this might just be because my gear is still kinda bad and messed up(850ish), but it feels a lot smoother with Vigor.
So I wanted to know why excactly the other two are better and by how much. 

Edit: Sub

Edited by Akezhar

9 hours ago, Akezhar said:

So I just got my Rogue to 110 on Monday and plan on raiding soon. But  I am a bit unhappy about Vigor not being an option. Every guide I found put the other two talents above it. I really like playing with Vigor, this might just be because my gear is still kinda bad and messed up(850ish), but it feels a lot smoother with Vigor.
So I wanted to know why excactly the other two are better and by how much. 

Not sure if you're referring to Outlaw or Sub, but guides in general are written with min/max raid output in mind (and using them if you aren't familiar with the rotation can be a huge dps loss even if they're the 'right' talents).   In either case,  the other talents are suggested because they give you a higher theoretical damage ceiling (and a lower floor).  Vigor is perfectly fine for learning the basics while keeping up decent output, and for Sin it's the best choice in any case.  

2 hours ago, MrEdren said:

Not sure if you're referring to Outlaw or Sub, but guides in general are written with min/max raid output in mind (and using them if you aren't familiar with the rotation can be a huge dps loss even if they're the 'right' talents).   In either case,  the other talents are suggested because they give you a higher theoretical damage ceiling (and a lower floor).  Vigor is perfectly fine for learning the basics while keeping up decent output, and for Sin it's the best choice in any case.  

Wow, yeah, can`t believe I didn't mention my specc. It's Sub. Thanks for the awnser.

1 hour ago, Akezhar said:

Wow, yeah, can`t believe I didn't mention my specc. It's Sub. Thanks for the awnser.

No problem. 

For a new sub player, I would absolutely spec into vigor until you're 100% comfortable with it - that spec severely punishes sketchy resource management, so having the smoother energy curve early on is a godsend. 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Orb
      <Banana Hammock> is a social Mythic raiding & M+ guild for late night weekend bananas.
      Hours: 11pm-2am (Pacific) Saturday & Sunday     ///         11pm-2am (Pacific) Friday  (Alts & Casuals)
      Progression: 8/8 N 8/8 H (AOTC)  1/8 M
      Raiding Goal:  To reach AOTC each tier and to do mythic raiding if we can. 
      Looking for:  
      1 Hybrid(Dps/Heals)
      Ranged DPS
      If interested in raiding or hanging out with us just message
      B.net:  Nox#1474, Anubismerc#1882, Radjehuty#1804
      Discord: nox#2686

• By Babblet
      Location: Horde, US Connected Realms: Aegwynn, Bonechewer, Daggerspine, Gurubashi, Hakkar. 
      Raiding Times: Mon/Tue 7:30 PM EST - 11:30 PM EST

About us:
      We are former nolife raiders who now enjoy spending time outside our basements in the real world. Our total play time has decreased slightly but we still strive to meaningfully progress our characters through end game raiding. Currently we are recruiting new members to help us progress in the upcoming expansion. Join us and lets slay Dragons together!
      Apply if you are:
      interested in end game content; M+ Dungeons and Heroic/Mythic Raiding capable of critical thought and willing to contribute when discussing strategy a self-starter who plays to improve and keeps up to date with latest theorycraft always on time and reliable  
      Recruitment Status: minimum ilvl 355, recruiting Melee DPS/Ranged DPS/Heals.
      Current progression: https://www.wowprogress.com/guild/us/hakkar/Korben+Dallas+Multipass

Contacts/Battle Tags:
      Shig#1825 (Guild Master)
      SODIUM#11394 (Officer)
      Silvadine#1273 (Officer)
      Discord:
      Shig#8835
      Sodium#2032
      Silvadine#1277
    • By Kaatra
      Hi everyone,

We are a guild that transferred from Alexstrasza to join the progression raiding scene as that server is very low population now. We are currently 8/8N and 4/8H uldir, and looking to move into heroics soon and mythic just after. 

We do more than just raid, we love to do keys, transmog runs, and even some PvP. We have a large range of players from several walks of life and have a unique and fun atmosphere, we are friendly and love helping people. 

We are looking for a few more members for our Sunday/Monday 5-8pm PST, and our tue/third 5-8pm PST. If anyone is interested in raid leading that will work too.

We are primarily east coast based but have a plethora of players that are on at all times of day.

Main needs for our raid team:
      ranged dps
      Healers
      Exceptional players

Of course all players as welcome as we do other guild activities such as world PVP, keys, xmog and other social activities.

So come join this very active guild and we hope to hear from you.

If you would like more information please add my btag at Kaatra#5865.

I look forward to hearing from all of you.
    • By Nireas
      I usually sim my characters to get the best possible results. I enjoy the process quite a lot and since I reached 120, I wanted to find out the best build of the spec. (Note, I didn't want to find out what to play, but rather how my own build fares in comarison.) I rarely mind a 1-2% difference. If it goes above 2%, I really mind a change. What this thread is about is mainly to bring something in the attention of those who help making the class guides, especially the talent choices. To my surprise, I was awed to find out that certain talents outperform previous "Standard" choices in the endgame, probably due to the stat squish.

The Frost go-to build (top dps) would probably be along the lines of <Icy Talons / Cold Heart - Runic Attenuation - Frozen Pulse - Gathering Storm - Breath of Sindragosa>. What I found out primarily was that after the removal of legendaries, Cold Heart severely underperforms at most given situations resulting in a major dps drop due to the low mastery. Gathering Storm also suffers from the same problem and most of the times, Frostwyrm's Fury is better overall. The biggest surprise of them all, however, was that Inexorable Assault overperforms quite a lot, and is the first reason why I made the topic. I then started simming with the above in mind and I came across a build that some would not consider on par with top dog builds around the meta, which is the use of Horn of Winter which overperforms both its other two options when using the Breath build. Talent Sim can be seen here. Another intresting thing, which I loved, was that the 2nd best build uses Obliteration as a lvl 100 talent and no other build surpassed it (Other than the first one, obviously). So, I encourage frost players out there to give their other, less common talents a try. To the class guide author(s), I believe that the two "underdog" talents will earn their spot in the class guides.

Thank you for your time reading this.

• By positiv2
      This thread is for comments about our Deathrattle Rogue guide.