FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Akezhar

Vigor instead of Deeper Stratagem

So I just got my Rogue to 110 on Monday and plan on raiding soon. But  I am a bit unhappy about Vigor not being an option. Every guide I found put the other two talents above it. I really like playing with Vigor, this might just be because my gear is still kinda bad and messed up(850ish), but it feels a lot smoother with Vigor.
So I wanted to know why excactly the other two are better and by how much. 

Edit: Sub

Edited by Akezhar

9 hours ago, Akezhar said:

So I just got my Rogue to 110 on Monday and plan on raiding soon. But  I am a bit unhappy about Vigor not being an option. Every guide I found put the other two talents above it. I really like playing with Vigor, this might just be because my gear is still kinda bad and messed up(850ish), but it feels a lot smoother with Vigor.
So I wanted to know why excactly the other two are better and by how much. 

Not sure if you're referring to Outlaw or Sub, but guides in general are written with min/max raid output in mind (and using them if you aren't familiar with the rotation can be a huge dps loss even if they're the 'right' talents).   In either case,  the other talents are suggested because they give you a higher theoretical damage ceiling (and a lower floor).  Vigor is perfectly fine for learning the basics while keeping up decent output, and for Sin it's the best choice in any case.  

2 hours ago, MrEdren said:

Not sure if you're referring to Outlaw or Sub, but guides in general are written with min/max raid output in mind (and using them if you aren't familiar with the rotation can be a huge dps loss even if they're the 'right' talents).   In either case,  the other talents are suggested because they give you a higher theoretical damage ceiling (and a lower floor).  Vigor is perfectly fine for learning the basics while keeping up decent output, and for Sin it's the best choice in any case.  

Wow, yeah, can`t believe I didn't mention my specc. It's Sub. Thanks for the awnser.

1 hour ago, Akezhar said:

Wow, yeah, can`t believe I didn't mention my specc. It's Sub. Thanks for the awnser.

No problem. 

For a new sub player, I would absolutely spec into vigor until you're 100% comfortable with it - that spec severely punishes sketchy resource management, so having the smoother energy curve early on is a godsend.