Stan

Garrosh Build Guide

14 posts in this topic

32220-in-development-video-garrosh-new-s

Garrosh is now live and we have a new guide for you to check out!

In addition to our Garrosh Build Guide, Son of Hellscream has also been added to our talent calculator! More information about the latest Hero can be found in our Garrosh Overview. Full patch notes can be found here.

Official Garrosh Spotlight

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've been getting a number of games in with Garrosh and am a huge fan of In For The Kill at level 4.  In For The Kill does a ton of work helping fix Garrosh's weak wave clear and gives him slightly better objective/merc camp ability while also giving him excellent sustain between fights.

Compared to In For The Kill, Thirst for Battle is really lacking in my eyes.  Two seconds off only Bloodthirst and only when you're hitting a hero just doesn't feel like anywhere near enough payoff to me.  If you've pulled an enemy away to fight alone then your probably doing ok and don't need the cooldown as much (because you should have a numbers advantage against them and the fight will end quickly).  If you're hip deep in the enemy team you're probably either going to win/lose too quickly for the cooldown to matter (or just get CC'd).  It's only in those elongated running fights that it'll add up and even then I don't know if it'll add up to more than one or two extra swings (and that's assuming you have the opportunity to use the skill on cooldown to not waste the cooldown reduction).

Indomitable is the much better ability IMO if you're ok ignoring In For The Kill's PvE advantages and are focusing on team fights.  Where Thirst for Battle needs fairly specific situations to be good in and even then has uncertain value, Indomitable is almost always going to be extremely strong whenever you need it to be.  This sure value at exactly the time you want it is a big plus in my book (ignoring the fact that Unstoppable is a stronger effect than a conditional cooldown reduction).

In my experience I would be giving In For The Kill and Indomitable green check marks and Thirst for Battle a red X but that's just me.

Edited by TSRD

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Great guide, guys! Though there are some errors (like the url for some Heroes) and the link to the comment section ia broken.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Valhalen said:

Great guide, guys! Though there are some errors (like the url for some Heroes) and the link to the comment section ia broken.

We are happy you like it! Fixed the thread issue. The links should be fixed soon-ish. Thanks for pointing those out!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9.8.2017 at 4:32 AM, TSRD said:

I've been getting a number of games in with Garrosh and am a huge fan of In For The Kill at level 4.  In For The Kill does a ton of work helping fix Garrosh's weak wave clear and gives him slightly better objective/merc camp ability while also giving him excellent sustain between fights.

Compared to In For The Kill, Thirst for Battle is really lacking in my eyes.  Two seconds off only Bloodthirst and only when you're hitting a hero just doesn't feel like anywhere near enough payoff to me.  If you've pulled an enemy away to fight alone then your probably doing ok and don't need the cooldown as much (because you should have a numbers advantage against them and the fight will end quickly).  If you're hip deep in the enemy team you're probably either going to win/lose too quickly for the cooldown to matter (or just get CC'd).  It's only in those elongated running fights that it'll add up and even then I don't know if it'll add up to more than one or two extra swings (and that's assuming you have the opportunity to use the skill on cooldown to not waste the cooldown reduction).

Indomitable is the much better ability IMO if you're ok ignoring In For The Kill's PvE advantages and are focusing on team fights.  Where Thirst for Battle needs fairly specific situations to be good in and even then has uncertain value, Indomitable is almost always going to be extremely strong whenever you need it to be.  This sure value at exactly the time you want it is a big plus in my book (ignoring the fact that Unstoppable is a stronger effect than a conditional cooldown reduction).

In my experience I would be giving In For The Kill and Indomitable green check marks and Thirst for Battle a red X but that's just me.

Would agree on that, at first glance in for the kill seems unreliable, but once you actually see it in action the bonus sustain is huge. Wouldnt call Thirst for Battle garbage tho, because it has strong synergy with Bloodcraze on 13 for bonus PvP healing on maps where you cant farm creeps for heal. Indomitable is also really good and offers strong PvP potential especially considering its duration and cooldown are both rather forgiving considering its a lv4 version of self-cleanse. Generally speaking Garrosh has lots of really good talents, but some are just better than others.

Imo best build is probably Body Check - Indomitable - Into the Frey - Decimate - Double up - Rough Landing (it actually stuns the thrown character too) - Deadly Calm

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, BrightwingMain said:

Would agree on that, at first glance in for the kill seems unreliable, but once you actually see it in action the bonus sustain is huge. Wouldnt call Thirst for Battle garbage tho, because it has strong synergy with Bloodcraze on 13 for bonus PvP healing on maps where you cant farm creeps for heal.

I would say it's fairly uncommon that you can't find any creep waves to kill.  Most maps don't take you that far from the lanes for the objectives and even the ones that do only do so for a limited amount of time.  Heck on some maps In For The Kill is actually better on the objective.  It works a lot like Kerrigan's Clean Kill skill on Infernal Shrines for example (obviously not quite as good as hers but still really good there) and is a huge help on Haunted Mines.

As for Thirst for Battle helping with PvP healing, sure it can potentially.  And that's my complaint with Thirst for Battle, potentially it can help but only if you can use your Bloodthirst safely and on cooldown which requires a specific type of fight and situation.

39 minutes ago, BrightwingMain said:

Generally speaking Garrosh has lots of really good talents, but some are just better than others.

Imo best build is probably Body Check - Indomitable - Into the Frey - Decimate - Double up - Rough Landing (it actually stuns the thrown character too) - Deadly Calm

I agree that he has a lot of good talents but I wouldn't say there is a clear best, it depends on what you're looking to do.  IMO there are two main builds for him.  Body Check focused (with Brute Force being the star here) or Groundbreaker focused (Warbreaker + Defensive Measures are amazing together).  Into the Fray and Earthshaker are fine stand alone talents that can be fitted in as needed/desired but don't necessarily form a build of their own (Into the Fray is an entirely separate ability from Wreaking Ball). In either case though I would say there are multiple viable picks on each talent rank (which isn't something alot of heroes can brag about).

Edited by TSRD

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Garrosh is absurdly resilient in the two Tank + two Support meta, specially by going with the Main Tank build. Pair him with the likes of Zarya, Tassadar and Stukov/Malfurion and he never ever dies. I'd say that shielding him can be more effective than actively healing, as in a way his trait is very similar to Zul'jin's (the lower his HP the better he is).

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/10/2017 at 2:12 PM, Valhalen said:

Garrosh is absurdly resilient in the two Tank + two Support meta, specially by going with the Main Tank build. Pair him with the likes of Zarya, Tassadar and Stukov/Malfurion and he never ever dies. I'd say that shielding him can be more effective than actively healing, as in a way his trait is very similar to Zul'jin's (the lower his HP the better he is).

I'm wondering if we'll see a Garrosh nerf coming given that they gave Stukov one so quickly.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Blainie said:

I'm wondering if we'll see a Garrosh nerf coming given that they gave Stukov one so quickly.

Maybe they will. Garrosh is too disruptive. Sure, he doesn't deal much damage, but still...

About Stukov, at least among the nerfs there were some buffs to some of his other talents, such as One Good Spread...One Good Spread..., which is much better now (one less target to spread to trigger the cooldown reduction and mana refund is great).

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/18/2017 at 1:12 PM, Valhalen said:

Maybe they will. Garrosh is too disruptive. Sure, he doesn't deal much damage, but still...

About Stukov, at least among the nerfs there were some buffs to some of his other talents, such as One Good Spread...One Good Spread..., which is much better now (one less target to spread to trigger the cooldown reduction and mana refund is great).

The game is changed too much for a single character IMO for him to not be nerfed - I assume they will either change the cooldowns of abilities or alter talents that impact cooldown/frequency of use of things. Hopefully they won't go overboard!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Blainie said:

The game is changed too much for a single character IMO for him to not be nerfed - I assume they will either change the cooldowns of abilities or alter talents that impact cooldown/frequency of use of things. Hopefully they won't go overboard!

I don't think so (rather, I hope they don't nerf him). If they were to nerf him further, they would have already. He is in a good spot right now, rewarding for teams that stick together, but he is extremely frail and easy to takedown if the opposing team has the proper tools.

The Heroes of the Storm team should follow the example of the latest patch that will hit Diablo 3: instead of nerfing Heroes that are too powerful, buff less powerful Heroes to put them on the same level of said Heroes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Valhalen said:

The Heroes of the Storm team should follow the example of the latest patch that will hit Diablo 3: instead of nerfing Heroes that are too powerful, buff less powerful Heroes to put them on the same level of said Heroes.

Oddly enough, this is something that didn't happen in WoW for WAY too long. It seems they are happier with things being weaker and people complaining rather than stronger and people complaining. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Similar Content

    • By Stan
      Blizzard has updated the Free Hero rotation for the week of October 23.
      Free-to-Play Hero Rotation: October 23, 2018
      Li Li ETC Zagara Butcher Kael’thas Artanis Lt. Morales Deckard Cain Xul Blaze Azmodan (Slot unlocked at Player Level 5) Whitemane (Slot unlocked at Player Level 10) Maiev (Slot unlocked at Player Level 15) Samuro (Slot unlocked at Player Level 20) (Source)
    • By Stan
      Deckard, Illidan, and Varian will be on sale next week together with the Crimson Hare and Magic Carpet mounts. Check out the full list of items that will enter the featured item rotation on October 23.
      Blizzard (Source)
      Heroic Deals: October 23 – October 30, 2018
      Our next set of Heroic Deals will begin on Tuesday, October 23! Check out the list of upcoming featured items and Hero discounts below.
      Upcoming Hero Sales
      Deckard— Sale Price: 375 gems Varian — Sale Price: 375 Gems Illidan — Sale Price: 250 Gems The following skins and mounts will be added to the featured item rotation and will become purchasable with gems until this round of Heroic Deals comes to an end:
      Upcoming Featured Skins
      Wastewalker Deckard Skin Pack Expedition Vanndar Muradin Genius Monkey King Samuro Azure Big Top Gazlowe Medic Uther Heavenly Grunty Murky Upcoming Featured Mounts
      Crimson Hare Magic Carpet
    • By Stan
      Blackheart seeks revenge against the Commodore in this week's attack/defend battleground! Everyone starts at level 10, no other talents besides that are available. There's a small chance of all players being the same Hero. Play two games to earn a Loot Chest.
      Blizzard (Source)
      Assist a salty revenge-fueled pirate in his other-worldly quest to destroy the docks, or send him to a watery grave with the aid of some spectral cannonballs. This week’s Heroes Brawl is Blackheart’s Revenge, and no matter which side you take, it’s sure to be an explosive match!

      Rules:
      Choose from one of three randomly selected Heroes before entering the Docks. Be quick about it though, you only have 30 seconds to choose! Everyone will begin the round at level 10 and will be asked to choose a Heroic Ability. No other talents will be available. You will either be placed on the Attacking or Defending team and will be responsible for aiding Blackheart in his quest for revenge, or preventing the destruction of the Docks Attackers will be responsible for preventing Defenders from firing Cannons at Blackheart’s ship Defenders will gather Cannonballs and fire them at Blackheart’s ship via Cannons placed around the Battleground After the first round, teams will switch sides and the displayed health on Blackheart’s Ship will be adjusted to show the amount of Cannonballs the defending team must fire to beat their opponent’s score and win the round. The team to fire the most shots at the enemy ship will be victorious, unless both teams fire zero or the maximum of 5 Cannonballs, which will result in ties. Rewards:
      Complete two matches of the Blackheart's Revenge to earn a Loot Chest! Find out more about the new Heroes Brawl game mode on our Heroes Brawl site; and as always, you can find more information on this week’s Brawl by clicking the Brawl Info button at the bottom of the play screen when preparing to queue for the Brawl game mode.
    • By Stan
      The latest Heroes of the Storm content patch is now live with Mal'Ganis, disabled Haunted Mines, and changes to certain Support abilities to only work on Heroes.
      Patch Highlights
      Mal'Ganis is now live and you can check out our build guide here. The Hero is also available in the talent calculator. The game no longer supports DirectX9 and the 32-bit version of the client. Haunted Mines have been removed from all gameplay modes. Ana's Healing Dart now pierces targets at full Health. Multiple Support abilities have been reworked to only work on Heroes. Blizzard (Source)
      General
      Heroes of the Storm no longer supports DirectX 9 and the 32-bit version of the client. Battlegrounds
      Unranked Battleground Rotation:
      The Battleground Rotation for all Unranked modes has been adjusted to the following: Alterac Pass Battlefield of Eternity Blackheart's Bay Braxis Holdout Cursed Hollow Dragon Shire Garden of Terror Hanamura Temple Infernal Shrines Sky Temple Tomb of the Spider Queen Towers of Doom Volskaya Foundry Warhead Junction Haunted Mines: Haunted Mines has been removed from all gameplay modes. It will still be available to be played in Custom Games. Mercenaries: Sappers can no longer have their charge attack interrupted by a Silence effect. Silencing Sappers will still prevent them from starting to channel this ability New Hero: Mal'Ganis (Warrior)
      Cunning and intelligent, Mal'Ganis was chosen to bring Arthas Menthil into the Lich King's service. After manipulating the prince into purging Stratholme of life, he finally fell to Frostmourne as Arthas's first act as the Lich King's champion... yet a demon does not die so easily.
      Trait
      Vampiric Touch Mal'Ganis heals for 45% of damage dealt to enemy Heroes and 15% of damage dealt to non-Heroes. Basic Abilities
      Fel Claws (Q) Violently slash in the chosen direction, dealing 78 damage to enemies. Reactivate to slash up to 2 more times. The third slash Stuns enemies for 0.75 seconds. Necrotic Embrace (W) Desecrate the air, dealing 119 damage to nearby enemies and gaining 25 Armor for 3 seconds. Night Rush (E) After 0.75 seconds, gain 50% Movement Speed for 2 seconds. While active, Mal'Ganis can move through enemy Heroes and put them to Sleep for 2.5 seconds. Heroic Abilities
      Carrion Swarm (R) After 1 second, disperse into an Invulnerable swarm of bats for 3 seconds, dealing 74 damage per second to enemies. Vampiric Touch heals for 100% of Carrion Swarm's damage to Heroes. Dark Conversion (R) Channel on an enemy Hero for 0.75 seconds, then swap Health percentages with the target over 3 seconds. Design
      Support Heroes
      We've unified certain Support abilities to only work on Heroes (not minions or Mercenaries): Alexstrasza
      Gift of Life (Q) Breath of Life (Q-Dragon Form) Brightwing
      Pixie Dust (E) Li Li Healing Brew (Q) Rehgar
      Healing Totem (Active - Level 4) Earth Shield (W - Level 13) Tyrande
      Light of Elune (Q) Uther
      Holy Light (Q) Heroes
      Support

      Ana
      Abilities
      Healing Dart (Q) Healing Dart will now pierce targets at full Health. Collection
      New Bundles
      The following new bundles are available for a limited time! Mal'Ganis Heroic Bundle Death & Undeath Bundle Meat Wagon Bundle New Announcer
      Mal'Ganis New Mount
      Meat Wagon Northrend Meat Wagon Blackrock Meat Wagon Deathguard Meat Wagon New Skins
      Mal'Ganis Dreadmachine Mal'Ganis Neocarbon Dreadmachine Mal'Ganis Master Deadmachine Mal'Ganis Infernal Mal'Ganis Northrend Mal'Ganis New Portraits, Sprays, and Emojis
      Several new emoji packs and portraits have also been added to the game.  Bug Fixes
      General
      AI Heroes: Fixed multiple cases of AI-controlled Heroes incorrectly using their abilities. Spell Power: Fixed an issue where Spell Power would no longer affect a Hero’s abilities after they died. (For example: Jaina’s Blizzard will now continue to deal bonus damage if she received increased Spell Power but died before the second and third waves.) Statis/Time Stop: Fixed an issue where player created terrain could move Heroes affected by Stasis or Time Stop. Battlegrounds
      Garden of Terror: Fixed an issue where all three Garden Terrors could spawn in a single lane. Minions/Mercenaries: Fixed an issue where Heroes could block the movement of Catapults, preventing them from passing through intact gates. User Interface
      Fixed an issue where a space would appear before the player’s name in a Whisper. Heroes, Abilities, and Talents
      Ana: Fixed an issue where Ana’s Shrike healing was not accurately reflecting her damage done (via Spell Power or her target’s Armor). Chromie: Fixed an issue where Temporal Loop’s return location would appear incorrect if a movement ability was used by the target. Diablo: Fixed an issue where Diablo would not be displaced by knockback and similar effects while casting Overpower. Gall: Fixed an issue where not all cases of Damage Reduction would work on Gall. Gul’dan: Fixed an issue where Darkness Within’s bonus Spell Power would not increase the healing of Drain Life. Kharazim: Can now Radiant Dash to all allied units, including Mercenaries, Creep Tumors, and Toxic Nests. Li-Ming: Fixed an issue where Tal Rasha's Elements would grant bonus damage to Calamity after being twice in a row. Murky: Egg Hunt’s Slime no longer benefits from Slime talents. Sylvanas: Targets of Mind Control will now clear their move orders when affected by the ability. Uther: Fixed an issue where Holy Fire’s damage was affected by Spell Power. Mal'Ganis is now live and it's time to check out our build guide and the official patch notes.
    • By Stan
      Alan Dabiri announced that he's leaving his current position as Game Director for Heroes of the Storm and he's moving on to another project at Blizzard.
      Alan Dabiri has been Game Director ever since Dustin Browder stepped down in December 2016. He thinks the game is in the right hands right now, as developers continue to deliver interesting new Heroes and events. He's transitioning to a new team within the company. We wish him success in all his future endeavors.
      Here's the message he left on the official forums:
      Blizzard (Source)
      In my 20-plus years at Blizzard, I’ve had the privilege of working on many awesome Blizzard games in roles ranging from software engineer to technical director to game director. Across my many roles and games, my experience working on Heroes of the Storm ranks among the best of my development career. I’ve witnessed Heroes’ evolution from a StarCraft II mod to the amazing game you see today. Heroes’ development has been fueled by the shared excitement of our team and all of you in the community, and the game we’ve built together is the game I play almost every night.
      One of the best things about developing Heroes is the fact that this team is not afraid to try new things while always striving to learn and grow. It’s been part of our DNA from the very beginning, and it’s through years of experimentation that we’ve hit our stride both as a development team, and as a game. This is possible because Heroes has an exceptional development team of both Blizzard veterans and fresh faces who are all highly engaged with the game we’re making, and the players we’re making it for.
      It’s in this spirit of trying new things that I want to let everyone know that a few months ago, I accepted an opportunity to transition off my role as Heroes’ game director to heed Blizzard’s call and begin a new adventure elsewhere within the company. The game director has always been one part of the overall leadership team that drives Heroes forward and it’s been a privilege to work among some of the best game developers at every level on the team all the way up to our production director, Kaéo Milker. Leaving a team and game that I love is incredibly difficult, but seeing the steady strength, creativity, and commitment that Kaéo and the design, engineering, and art leadership teams consistently bring to Heroes has given me more than enough confidence to make this decision. I trust that the game is in the very best hands and their work these past few months has only reinforced my belief.
      They’ve released awesome new heroes like Yrel, Whitemane, Mephisto, and now Mal’Ganis, while building on the themed content drops that let the team do fun things that only Heroes can do. They brought the smackdown (plus my favorite mount, the Luchihuahua!) with Nexomania, finally brought an epic slice of Azeroth into the Nexus with the Alterac Pass Battleground, and joined the Raven Lord’s forces with the Fall of King’s Crest. On top of that, the team has also released awesome reworks like Raynor and Brightwing while adding exciting updates like third ban and Team League improvements. With so many awesome content and feature updates, you can see why I believe that the team has brought us the best year of Heroes of the Storm so far.
      And they’re not done yet. Heroes has one of the most passionate and dedicated development teams I’ve had the pleasure of working with, and they have a ton of exciting new content in development. I can’t wait for you all to see what they have in store for the rest of this year and beyond. You can bet that I’ll be right there enjoying it with you as it’s released, too. I’m sure you’ll agree when I say that Heroes is in a great place and I promise that it’s in the hands of the best possible people to continue driving it forward. Kaéo and the Heroes team are people who play almost every night who also happen to get to work on making the game what it is today. With our continued input and support, they’ll keep doing what they do best by making Heroes of the Storm the most awesome game it can possibly be.
      I just want to sign off by saying thank you to all of you. I’ve had an incredible time working on this game and seeing you bring the battlegrounds to life every day. I’m so grateful for the enthusiasm you’ve brought to Heroes and all the changes you’ve encouraged us to make. I know the team deeply appreciates the feedback you share, so please keep it coming—and as always, I’ll see you in the Nexus!