FORUMS
Zadina

Amsterdam Will Be The Venue of The 2017 HCT World Championship

GG15XH68WOIP1507598038851.jpg

For the first time, the Hearthstone World Champion won't be determined at BlizzCon.

It was noticed that European venues weren't getting much love in this year's Hearthstone Championship Tour, but it turns out that the World Championship finals will take place in Amsterdam!

HCT will finish its journey in the Beurs van Berlage Conference centre, lasting from Thursday 18th January 2018 until Sunday 21st January 2018.

Anyone who physically attends the World Championship will get the following card back, while they will also be able to participate in on-site tournaments:

8CKXYSX9P6GV1507598099829.png

The tournament's format will be the same as all other seasonal Hearthstone Championships. 16 players will fight for a total prize pool of $1,000,000 USD! Eight players have qualified so far from the Winter and Spring Championships: Ant, DocPwn, Fr0zen, Hoej, Kolento, Neirea, SamuelTsao and ShtanUdachi. Four more players will qualify from the Summer Championship, that is currently going on this weekend. And the last four players will be seeded from the highest HCT point earners from each region (Last Call slots).

A question remains: without the World Championship this year, will there be any e-sports events at BlizzCon? According to its schedule, the answer is yes! There will be a Hearthstone Inn-vitational, where four teams of three Hearthstone personalities each will compete against each other in various formats; there is also the NA Tavern versus Tavern tournament.

This is so cool, I've never been to a Blizzard event in my entire blizzard gaming career (11 years now) just because all the good stuff is in US pretty much every time.

And now...

They're coming to my back yard.

well... technically I live about a 1hour drive from Amsterdam. ^^

I am most likely gonna be there half January. Are there any other people going to this one. Maybe a good chance for some of us to meet.

Also, does anyone have any indication what the price of a ticket is roughly gonna be. just so I know what to expect.

Cheers

Shine

6 hours ago, Shine said:

This is so cool, I've never been to a Blizzard event in my entire blizzard gaming career (11 years now) just because all the good stuff is in US pretty much every time.

And now...

They're coming to my back yard.

well... technically I live about a 1hour drive from Amsterdam. ^^

I am most likely gonna be there half January. Are there any other people going to this one. Maybe a good chance for some of us to meet.

Also, does anyone have any indication what the price of a ticket is roughly gonna be. just so I know what to expect.

Cheers

Shine

I'm passing that location on daily basis. Very happy that they're coming to Holland :)

On 10/16/2017 at 7:04 PM, Shine said:

This is a pretty big question, just given that it would have previously been baked into the total Blizzcon ticket price. I reckon anything is going to be a wild guess at this point. It'll all depend on how much they value it at and, if they don't sell enough, whether or not they need to quickly sell tickets.