FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Stan

BlizzCon 2017 Schedule Revealed

TFmcBlu.jpg

The official BlizzCon 2017 schedule is now available over at BlizzCon.com.

Ready for new expansions? Eager to learn what's next? Mark your calendars for November 3, 2017!

World of Warcraft

The new expansion will be revealed at 12:30 PM PDT (8:30 PM CET).

• Join the World of Warcraft development team for an overview of what's in store next for the heroes of the Horde and the Alliance, including updates on the latest content and features.

Heroes of the Storm (5:00 PM PDT // 1:00 AM CET)

• Take a look into the eye of the storm as we unveil some of the exciting new updates and gameplay changes brewing in the Nexus.

Hearthstone (1:45 PM PDT // 9:45 PM CET)

• Greetings, travelers! Gather at the inn as the Hearthstone team gives you a look at what they’re serving up next and delve deep into how the Year of the Mammoth will come to a close!

Overwatch (2:45 PM PDT // 10:45 CET)

• Agents of Overwatch, assemble your team and get ready for a briefing on your next objective. Join the developers for an in-depth look at the newest updates coming to Blizzard's team shooter.

Blizzard Social (1:30 PM PDT // 9:30 PM CET)

Blizzard plans to introduce new functionality to the Battle.net app. MMO-Champion datamined new strings and it seems Blizzard plans to compete with Discord. More announcements will be made at BlizzCon.

Diablo

Diablo only has two panels (30 minutes each). There will be no Diablo announcements at this year's BlizzCon.

BlizzCon 2017 Schedule (November 3 - 4)

day1.JPGday2.JPG

42 minutes ago, BotzenBot said:

no the Expansion will be revealed in the Opening Ceremony allways has been for ppl that dont wanna buy the virtual ticket

I'm really hope they will. They did every time, but who knows now..

13 hours ago, Stan said:

Take a look into the eye of the storm as we unveil some of the exciting new updates and gameplay changes brewing in the Nexus.

OH BOY. Maybe we will FINALLY get the Coop Raid mode I've been dreaming of? 10 Heroes VS the AI?

• Like 1

I'm so excited for the new expansion. yay <3

And talking about Overwatch, I just wish they did a PVE mode. Maybe some missions that you do with each hero and it tells something from their lore and stuff.

10 hours ago, Dejo93 said:

Dat Women of Warcraft panel.. You can feel the virtue signalling a mile away XD

Warcraft always had strong female characters in it, any true fan can tell you. People are really getting sick of this SJW pandering.

We get it Blizz, you're not sexist. Don't let the blue-haired landwhales terrify you, they don't even play your games.

I'm not sick of SJW at all.  In fact, the people that complain about SJW usually do so because they have a certain bias, rather than the other way around.

Edited by albabe
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, albabe said:

I'm not sick of SJW at all.  In fact, the people that complain about SJW usually do so because they have a certain bias, rather than the other way around.

Oh yeah, we must definitely hate women. it's not like it's preachy and annoying and feels the need to lecture everyone on how problematic everything they do is.

Edit: Ask Marvel how their sales are now, when they started pandering to those people

Edited by Dejo93
additional info

The fact you need to start ranting over hidden evil agendas over one panel of one Blizzcon says more about you then about Blizzard.

54 minutes ago, Dejo93 said:

Oh yeah, we must definitely hate women. it's not like it's preachy and annoying and feels the need to lecture everyone on how problematic everything they do is.

Edit: Ask Marvel how their sales are now, when they started pandering to those people

Awww... I'm confused... so are you saying you're a sexist?

Sales at Marvel and Dc in terms of Superheroes, are in the toilet and have been going down steadily for 50 years and it has shit to do with Women Characters.

Edited by albabe

18 minutes ago, Drachar said:

The fact you need to start ranting over hidden evil agendas over one panel of one Blizzcon says more about you then about Blizzard.

WTF are you talking about?  Are you saying I'm "ranting?"

Edited by albabe

5 minutes ago, albabe said:

Never said that. Just pointing out that people called SJWs exhibit those traits and is the reason why the majority find them insufferable.

57 minutes ago, Dejo93 said:

Ask Marvel how their sales are now, when they started pandering to those people

Marvel's sales seem to be going up, at least according to the sources I just read. Wouldn't the 2016 Ghostbusters be a way better example? Or maybe the popularity of the actors themselves, especially those promoting "more women in show business", resulting in for example the number of viewers of Oscars and similar awards hitting the lowest numbers in a very long time.

7 minutes ago, albabe said:

I believe the person was talking to Dejo93 rather than you, as he seems to be the one doing the "ranting".

28 minutes ago, Drachar said:

Why is there no "Men in Warcraft" panel? 
If you take a look at the recent actions of Activision|Blizzard, it starts to be less of a "hidden evil agenda". Remember Tracer's Look over the Shoulder pose controversy? Or have you seen the characters in the newest Call of Duty? Seeing black women in German army is not really historically accurate, but they are there just for the sake of diversity and whatnot.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

13 minutes ago, positiv2 said:

Marvel's sales seem to be going up, at least according to the sources I just read. Wouldn't the 2016 Ghostbusters be a way better example? Or maybe the popularity of the actors themselves, especially those promoting "more women in show business", resulting in for example the number of viewers of Oscars and similar awards hitting the lowest numbers in a very long time.

I believe the person was talking to Dejo93 rather than you, as he seems to be the one doing the "ranting".

If you take a look at the recent actions of Activision|Blizzard, it starts to be less of a "hidden evil agenda". Remember Tracer's Look over the Shoulder pose controversy? Or have you seen the characters in the newest Call of Duty? Seeing black women in German army is not really historically accurate, but they are there just for the sake of diversity and whatnot.

Fair points, especially the Ghostbusters 2016 one. People do want diverse characters, but the ones that are written good or make sense and not exist to be tokens. Like the black Nazis.

The best female character done right imo is Ripley, while someone like Geordie from Star Trek or Worf are for black people. In the end, people don't care for gender or skin color, only if they're good.

10 hours ago, Valhalen said:

OH BOY. Maybe we will FINALLY get the Coop Raid mode I've been dreaming of? 10 Heroes VS the AI?

I personally hope for a new multiclass

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dejo93 said:

Never said that. Just pointing out that people called SJWs exhibit those traits and is the reason why the majority find them insufferable.

Seriously?  First of all, I won't comment on your "excellent" syntax -  But this so-called "Majority" you speak of doesn't exist.  "Loud" is not the same a "Majority.  But maybe that's too complicated for you.  I assume you have the cognitive abilities of a Hormonal 16 year old... so I also assume arguing with a sexist turd is fairly inconsequential.

Edited by albabe

59 minutes ago, positiv2 said:

Marvel's sales seem to be going up, at least according to the sources I just read.

No offense (Honestly), but "going up" doesn't mean dinky.  In the 1950 when Superman was their best-selling book, sales on it were over a MILLION; in the 1980s the X-Men sold around 500,000 Units, and this was before the Multiple Cover BS.  Now they're around 30,000

Wouldn't the 2016 Ghostbusters be a way better example? Or maybe the popularity of the actors themselves, especially those promoting "more women in show business", resulting in for example the number of viewers of Oscars and similar awards hitting the lowest numbers in a very long time.

I guess.  I think I can see it both ways.  I thought Ghostbusters was decent, and maybe not as interesting a GB2, but not anywhere as good as the Original...  Whatever.   The characters in the new movie were mostly annoying, but since the first movie was all men, and no one said sheet about it, I think it's fine for the remke to be all about the gals.

On the other hand, the new Star Trek series, besides being horrible, was so Reverse Discrimination Oriented, that it really annoyed me.  The two Leads (The Captain and First Officer) being Females kinda pissed me off because it seemed like a lot of "Compensating" to me... and then by the end the Female Captain (who was my fave Character) is killed-off and replaced by a Man... so it turned out to be more Sexiest (the reverse of what I saw) and was more about "Man-Spaining" than sexism.

I try not to see Conspiracies in everything - which doesn't mean they don't exist, but if that's your default, then everything is gonna upset you (Not "You" personally, more the Royal "You.")

Ah.

I wouldn't know.  I also don't know their reasoning or reasons... and I don't play WC.

Cool... I guess you made my point.

I've been working as a Writer and Inker in comics since the 70's, and of course, I could tell you stories... but I won't...

Albae: My apologies, I forgot to quote Dejo93.

Positiv2: There is also a zombie mode in Call of Duty: Infinitive Warfare. How is that for historical accuracy?

Rather then trying to see some sort of conspiracy in the gaming industry, consider the following: A) In the end gaming companies care about profit and B) To increase sales, one must make games that are attractive to the intended market. Now, back in the good old late 90's, assuming the only buyers of your product was young white males and tailor it for that audience was a valid strategy. Not everyone did, but it could work. However, a lot has changed back then and shockingly even women now play computer games.

To sum it up: rather then some sort of progressive femi-nazi SJW crusade the ideology at work here is capitalism.

Edited by Drachar
making it more readable

8 minutes ago, Drachar said:

Positiv2: There is also a zombie mode in Call of Duty: Infinitive Warfare. How is that for historical accuracy?

Do you mean Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare? If I recall correctly, the game is set in future, so there is no historical accuracy that can be attained.
However, when the theme is World War II (or any important event/era in the history for that matter), the games should in my opinion follow the history as long as it does not make the game boring (such as tanks breaking down randomly in games like War Thunder or Battlefield 1, which would be really annoying). Does having black women in German army increase the fun factor? Not really. 

16 hours ago, albabe said:

I try not to see Conspiracies in everything - which doesn't mean they don't exist, but if that's your default, then everything is gonna upset you (Not "You" personally, more the Royal "You.")

For me, it's not really conspiracies, but rather being annoyed by Activision|Blizzard's actions. Trying to pander to third-wave feminists and people like them at the cost of game quality and community health is disheartening.

27 minutes ago, Drachar said:

Not everyone did, but it could work. However, a lot has changed back then and shockingly even women now play computer games.

Just because women play games does not mean you have to force their appearance in them. As I said before - where is the "Men of Warcraft" panel?

28 minutes ago, Drachar said:

To sum it up: rather then some sort of progressive femi-nazi SJW crusade the ideology at work here is capitalism.

Because strategies like those worked great for Target or Kellogg. Oh well.

On 10/5/2017 at 7:42 AM, Drachar said:

"Albabe": My apologies, I forgot to quote Dejo93.

Rather then trying to see some sort of conspiracy in the gaming industry, consider the following: A) In the end gaming companies care about profit and B) To increase sales, one must make games that are attractive to the intended market. Now, back in the good old late 90's, assuming the only buyers of your product was young white males and tailor it for that audience was a valid strategy. Not everyone did, but it could work. However, a lot has changed back then and shockingly even women now play computer games.

I'm not 100% sure here, but I think we agree.  Forums and Threads can be very hard to glean someone's intentions, even without all the snarking et al.  Language is a funny thing.

I think Capitalism is the deal here... but I do think these Corporations will sometimes make efforts to appease the sensibilities of their Players.

And by the way, I am a Progressive - full-on; I am an ERA Supporter and the farthest thing from any kind of Nazi; and I'm a Social Justice Warrior (for lack of a less insulting handle) because I believe in Social Justice for All; and if you consider all the Injustice in the U.S., I guess you might call it a Crusade.