FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Zadina

Grizzled Guardian Reveal: Kobolds & Catacombs

UwAXhSM.jpg

The 2016 Hearthstone World Champion revealed this rare Druid card.

Grizzled Guardian was unveiled on Pavel's YouTube channel. It's a rare Druid Beast, that costs 8 mana and has 3 attack and 5 health. It has Taunt and Deathrattle: "Recruit 2 minions that cost (4) or less". Pavel's video is in Russian, but you can enable accurate English subtitles to see what the World Champion has to say about that card.

After watching Pavel's video, I am convinced that Grizzled Guardian isn't as bad as it looks at first sight. Sure, its stats are garbage, but you should also factor in the stats of the minions it pulls from your deck when it dies. Still, it's hard to see it fit into the current meta. Perhaps, it can see play when the Year of the Kraken sets rotate out of Standard. It also weakens the 8-mana slot for Evolve and similar effect.

What's your opinion on Grizzled Veteran? As always, all the cards of the new expansion can be found in our Kobolds & Catacombs hub.

PS: Turns out it's not Hogger 3.0 :(

I don't know. The lower cost druid minions tend to be played for their battle cry. If recruit just pulls them out of your deck you lose that. Mire keeper loses the slime or mana crystal, druid of the swarm is just its basic 1/2 with no effect. Unless I've missed something and you still get battle cry with recruiting, then I don't see this card having a big impact.

If you play it in a deck without 1 or 2 cost minions, this card could be good.  Even pulling 2 3/3s out, that isn't terrible.  The fact that it has taunt is what makes this card good, or worth considering at any rate.  I don't think it will slot into any existing druid decks, but I don't think it is a bad card.