Aleco

Final 45 K&C Cards Revealed!

Sign in to follow this  

13 posts in this topic

expansion-kobolds-and-catacombs.jpg

The final 45 cards from K&C were spoiled today after an entertaining live event with Day[9] and Ben Brode.

The final 45 cards from Kobolds and Catacombs were revealed today after a highly entertaining live event on the official Hearthstone Twitch channel which featured popular streamer Sean "Day[9]" Plott and Hearthstone Game Director Ben Brode. The final spoiler contained a sprinkling of new Legendary, Epic, and Rare cards, in addition to the 19 remaining neutral Commons in K&C. An album containing the full spoilers for K&C can be found here on Hearthstone's official Facebook page, while a list of the cards which were revealed during today's stream can be found here on Hearthpwn.

Instead of providing commentary on each of the cards revealed today, I'll be releasing a written set review for the entire set in the near future. I'll also be creating some exciting new video content! You can look forward to my detailed breakdowns, thoughts, and opinions on the fully spoiled set in the next few days. In the mean time, please feel free to discuss the cards from the reveal stream in the comment section, and be sure to check out our Kobolds and Catacombs hub for more information on the upcoming set.

The dynamic "Bro[9]" duo also gave us our first look at a complete Dungeon Run experience during the reveal stream, which looked every bit as fun as I hoped it would. The three "buckets" of three cards players will choose from after defeating a boss seemed to offer exciting options at every turn, while the wide variety of bosses added a welcome layer of flavor and depth. There was a hilarious experience during Day[9]'s first Dungeon Run when he encountered a boss called "A-F-Kay", which simply passed each turn without doing anything. Day[9] was incredibly nervous that the boss would unleash hell at any moment, while Ben Brode, fully aware that the boss would never do anything, laughed hysterically and infectiously at Day[9]'s misfortune. Dungeon Runs appear to be a well-tailored and carefully crafted experience, full of exciting and unique Dungeon-Run-only cards, treasures, and Easter eggs. I can't wait to get my hands on them this Thursday.

i am really excited about the dungeon runs, really catches the spirit of exploring the caves and gathering more and more resources.

the AFK boss was really funny :D

Surprisingly a few nice cards have been revealed.

This one looks tempting, not hard to lose health as WL but not enough to play this early in the game and Gul'dan will just summon a 4/4. Where did they pick up their talent to make cards that look good but are not? :D Maybe in a zoo deck as a big surprise? 

636480046544717619.png

Edited by Caldyrvan
  • Like 1

Warlock players will really enjoy this expansion, but I feel hunters got shafted. As for others, rogues and druids will be a bigger cancer, elemental shamans will be viable as well as control warriors

• Like 1

I guess it's still a good advice to ignore the higher ladder ranks until the next rotation.

Not that I would do it but I start to understand why ppl are botting, I mean those who just got tired of monotony but wanted to keep getting things and gold in hope it will be better some day. 

8 hours ago, Dejo93 said:

Warlock players will really enjoy this expansion, but I feel hunters got shafted. As for others, rogues and druids will be a bigger cancer, elemental shamans will be viable as well as control warriors

On what ladder do you play that Rogue is a cancer and Priest (that is much much *MUCH* more cancerous, has been for months and is getting even better toys in K&C) isn't even mentioned?

Jesus, I miss the TOG meta where despite the constant whining there were only 8 classes, there were actually a lot more viable decks... 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

This will all not change, maybe with the next rotation. And a lot of player are hoping for that.

There are many things we could call bad or whatever but the 3 worst things (imo) are these.

• Jade Idol (I think I don't have to explain this further)
  • To allow Raza and Anduin being in the same standard rotation. (both cards are ok on their own)
  • Finally patches. A neutral legend that is an auto include in nearly every aggro, tempo and zoo deck and if that is not enough those decks have to include pirates of course so we see "different" decks from different classes running pretty much the same stuff.

Maybe I'm wrong but I can see The Darkness becoming something similar. Ofc it's summoned during your opponents turn and they may directly kill it that turn (well, except for direct kill cards this won't be easy) but you can attack on your turn if not. If you can construct a good 29 card deck, no harm in including it. Additionally once played it's hanging around there and scaring your opponent and he might play differently and holding back cards to kill it. Definitely an awkward feeling to see that thing sleeping there all the time on the board and it could suddenly awaken ^^

Edited by Caldyrvan

2 hours ago, Caldyrvan said:

This will all not change, maybe with the next rotation. And a lot of player are hoping for that.

There are many things we could call bad or whatever but the 3 worst things (imo) are these.

• Jade Idol (I think I don't have to explain this further)
  • To allow Raza and Anduin being in the same standard rotation. (both cards are ok on their own)
  • Finally patches. A neutral legend that is an auto include in nearly every aggro, tempo and zoo deck and if that is not enough those decks have to include pirates of course so we see "different" decks from different classes running pretty much the same stuff.

Maybe I'm wrong but I can see The Darkness becoming something similar. Ofc it's summoned during your opponents turn and they may directly kill it that turn (well, except for direct kill cards this won't be easy) but you can attack on your turn if not. If you can construct a good 29 card deck, no harm in including it. Additionally once played it's hanging around there and scaring your opponent and he might play differently and holding back cards to kill it. Definitely an awkward feeling to see that thing sleeping there all the time on the board and it could suddenly awaken ^^

That card should be a good tech against garbage priest. 3 candles should be good enough to stall Raza and Kazakus enough.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, FanOfValeera said:

That card should be a good tech against garbage priest. 3 candles should be good enough to stall Raza and Kazakus enough.

Well, if it kicks some of the cancers I might be ok with it :)

3 hours ago, Keizoku said:

On what ladder do you play that Rogue is a cancer and Priest (that is much much *MUCH* more cancerous, has been for months and is getting even better toys in K&C) isn't even mentioned?

Jesus, I miss the TOG meta where despite the constant whining there were only 8 classes, there were actually a lot more viable decks... 

I think it happens with the first expansions of a year, especially because of a standard rotation. Un'goro was diverse too, with almost all classes had a tier 1 deck at some point, except warlock and hunter. 

And hunter doesn't seem to be getting there anytime soon.

It might be to hard (no I don't think so :D ) but I think if Blizzard would focus a bit less on money making it would help the games' health a lot. Three Expansions with a total of 405 cards is to much, a lot to balance and room for many mistakes. Maybe releasing only 2 expansions per year or maybe 4 (to keep things fresh and changing) with just 70-90 cards each would be better, not sure.

Sadly selling less is not an option for them even though it might increase the games' health and then the number of ppl buying stuff. Currently it looks like they are not thinking further than to the next pack they sell.

And sometimes I think they create shi... on purpose. I'm already sure once Raza rotates out priest will get a minion "Battlecry: if you have used your hero power at least twice this turm, emote to win"

Edited by Caldyrvan
  • Like 1