FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Aleco

What's the Move? #11 - Thijs' Dragon Priest

kpS8NNQ.jpg

Thijs finds a brilliant way to regain board control with his Dragon Priest deck against Xixo's Big Spell Hunter at Seatstory Cup 8.

Welcome back to another episode of What's the Move! Today we'll be looking at a brilliant play made by Thijs at Seatstory Cup 8, where he found a creative way to regain board control with his Dragon Priest deck against Xixo's Big Spell Hunter:

Special thanks go out to reddit user /u/noowai, who brought this play to my attention in the comment thread for last week's episode. If you have a suggestion of your own for a future episode, please feel free to reach out to me here on Icy Veins or shoot me a message on Twitter @Aleco_P.

• Like 4

That, is actually a very cool and well thought out move.  I had talon priest + heal.  I am curious, Aleco, since this wasn't one of your games what would your move have been (ie did you come to the same conclusion thijs did when you first watched the clip or did you miss the correct play as well?)

• Like 1

By that logic you could also just have put down Talonpriest and then Divine Spirit the Priestess instead of the Talonpriest. That would have been a more serious bluff + Higher survival = higher chance of drawing cards later.

4 hours ago, Yridaa said:

By that logic you could also just have put down Talonpriest and then Divine Spirit the Priestess instead of the Talonpriest. That would have been a more serious bluff + Higher survival = higher chance of drawing cards later.

Less likely to bump the priest then, which is what he ultimately wanted.

20 hours ago, VaraTreledees said:

That, is actually a very cool and well thought out move.  I had talon priest + heal.  I am curious, Aleco, since this wasn't one of your games what would your move have been (ie did you come to the same conclusion thijs did when you first watched the clip or did you miss the correct play as well?)

Though I can't say for sure, I think I would have played Talonpriest + Healed. I don't think I would have had the gumption to commit the Divine Spirit to the board!

I felt the only way to make a ‘creative’ play had to involve the divine spirit, so I stared at talonpriest and divine spirit on the cleric for a while. Didn’t like it though, and moved towards talonpriest heal. Never considered spirit on the talonpriest, very nice play.

• Like 1