Paladin2013

A DIY Death Knight Deck

Sign in to follow this  

6 posts in this topic

I just found a Death Knight Deck that designed by a player, which is really fantastic, I mean his idea about DK is great, just looks like a real deck in Hearthstone.

• Like 1

Haven't gotten into Hearthstone yet, but been playing MtG and rly looking forward to Hearthstone.

And this deck would definitely be my go-to deck should it be lucky enough to be noticed and implemented at some point. Amazing work and great art.

That's really awesome what this guy did. I mean, you can debate on whether the Infection/Rot Mark mechanics will imbalance the game or not, but you can only admire the drawings the cards the guy came up with (descriptions + design).

On a more general note, I don't think we'll see a new class any time soon. 9 classes make for a game interface that is much easier to design (3x3 square), especially on mobile devices.

While the guy certainly did some great work, I can already tell that I was feeling frustrated by the Death Knight class. If I was going up against it, the constant disruptions to my minions with this Rot/Infection stuff will off-set so many combinations, it's probably going to make you rip your hair out.

Given the rather fast-paced and streamlined approach to gameplay that Blizzard seem to have adopted with Hearthstone, I don't think they'd like so much manipulation of the enemy's minions. Sure, the occasional Aldor Peacekeeper is cool to have played against you, but to constantly have your minions weakened would be pretty infuriating.

A lot of the cards are cool, and the theme seems to be quite solid for a Death Knight, but this core mechanic would need to be heavily reworked, I feel.

Yeah that's very well done and thought out.  Could use a little power tweakage, but I like it.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By alleraz
      I heard that with the new 4 set Shattering Strikes would be better than Runic Attunement but after simming my self its around 15-20K lower. I was wondering does simming take into account that the 4 set applies Razorice? If not then that'll make sense as to why SS is doing worse than RA. I dont have the 4 set yet I was just simming myself with it to see if SS was actually better with the 4 set.
    • By Violentravi
      Hello,
      The Sworn is recruiting DPS.  We are a Horde guild on Arthas and our current progression is 4/9 Mythic TOS.  We only raid two nights a week, Tuesday and Wednesday from 9:05 PM until 12:05 AM Eastern.  Currently, our main goal is to push Mythis TOS progression versus clearing farmed content, please keep this in mind if you wish to join us.
      From you, we would expect 100% attendance during your trial period; after that if you cannot make a raid or will be late it is mandatory to keep the raid leader updated.  In order to continue making good progression while raiding only two nights a week, we expect that you know your class inside-out and will research any bosses you are unfamiliar with prior to raids.
       If you are interested, you can either reply to this thread and link your most recent combat logs for review or hit me up on battlenet, Violentnacho, recruiting officer (violentravi#1826.
      Thank you for your consideration
      Xoxo
      Violentnacho
    • By MarcHethrusWaters
      Maximum Effort is a new guild on Cenarion circle (A). I was the raid leader for my guild for a long time and we built up a strong raid team. Due to do some dis-agreements between me and the guild leader I was forced to leave. But luckly enough a lot of my team followed me! We're working to build a guild focused around team work and group progression. We love doing mythics, raids, talking and theory crafting about the game!
      We have a very strong-core raid group, capable of clearing heroic and doing some mythic but we're just missing a few people to round it out!
      Raid nights.. Tue/wed 6-830pm server (9:30-11:30 est) Off night Monday 6-830pm server (9-11:30 est)
      Looking for.. -Any and all dps specs
      - Non pally or holy priest healer!
      All raid mats and needs are covered by guild, we run personal look just for the ease of it.
      My btag is Hethrus#1504 if you have questions or wish to try out!
    • By Laggasaurus
      Something's been bugging me recently - why is mastery more valuable to an Unholy DK than versatility?  It seems to me that versatility should be superior because it increases ALL damage (shadow & physical) while mastery only increases shadow damage.  Does 1% of mastery scale differently than 1% of versatility in some way?  I assume I am misunderstanding something here about how versatility works. 
    • By Valkas
      I played at the launch of legion for a good month or two, but i've recently come back. I picked up unholy and I really like it but I like to have some alts so i'm looking for another option.

Now, to clarify my question. What I mean when I ask for complexity is perhaps not everyones definition. When I play my UDK, I understand the basics. Put on wounds, pop wounds=Damage. Obviously it's a lot deeper than that in terms of our kit but thats the general gist. When I play UDK, I feel as if I play it more i'll get better. There's some RNG, and lots of varying situations as to what button I need to press next to squeeze out the most dps.

That's the kind of thing I crave. And i'm curious what other classes have this type of playstyle in the same or varying degrees. I know for a fact feral is in this camp, and if i'd guess i'd say it's the most complex class in legion at the moment. The problem is I don't really like Feral's flavor. I tried Arms warrior but my problem with it was i'd colossus smash...and then just hit the guy. It never really seemed to change and that got on my nerves a little, despite me loving the flavor. 

To summarize, what classes do you guys thing have the deepest pool of choices, the most you can wring out of them by practice and mastery of them. Whether that be through best rotation or maybe even a legendary or two that mix it up for them. Thanks in advance!