Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
GoldenGoat

Enhance rotation/talent questions

2 posts in this topic

1) The rotation guide states that you should use flame shock EVERY time that Unleash Flame is up. Is it not a DPS loss to do this instead of using Earth Shock if more than 15 seconds are left on your active Flame Shock?

2) The talent guide mentions that Echo of the Elements is "slightly" behind Ancestral Swiftness for single target. How far behind are we talking? How do these talents compare in fights that are MOSTLY single target, but with occasional short AoE phases (Sha of Pride)?

3) The rotation guide doesn't mention the instant-cast lightning bolts that can be used with Ancestral Swiftness. Would I be correct in assuming that these should simply be used on cooldown at the same priority as a MW5 lightning bolt?

4) Apart from specific burst phases, should the Fire Elemental be simply used immediately when it comes off cooldown, or is it beneficial to wait for things like tinket procs? Does your elemental dynamically adjust to your stats as they change throughout its' duration, or do they keep the stats that are present when it is summoned?

Thanks!

1. Yeah that is correct. Although I haven't simmed/calculated it I assume its because Flame Shock has an initial hit and then a dot. Normally the initial damage would be lower than Earth Shock. But with the 30% buff from Unleash Flame the initital hit of Flame Shock hits harder than Earth Shock.

2. Around 2% maybe. I think when I simmed AG vs EotE in my 560ish gear I was getting around 3-5k difference. So yeah....I'm probably gonna fail more than a 5k difference smile.png

I tried using it on Galakras HC for the Fire Nova procs and it gave me better numbers on recount but the burst from EM on the Shamans and mini bosses help our team more. Same with Garrosh. On Sha of Pride normal the adds probably die to quickly for you to spread FS and get multiple fire nova procs with EotE. On Heroic your raidleader is probably making the tanks take the adds and asking the dps to focus down the boss to minimize the corruption-thingy.

3. Yup. AS is off the GCD so you can even macro into your lightning bolt. I have a WeakAura showing the same image when I have MW5 or if AS is not on cooldown. I see the animation, I press my button. Very simple, it doesn't ruin your MW5 procs.

4. The Elemental dynamically adjusts to your stats. It jused to be that they took a snap-shot of your stats, but now they automatically adjust to your stats. Most heavy players are watching their trinket procs very closely to min/mix. Even though FE and Wolves adjust automatically. Elemental Mastery and Ascendance can be used wisely.

You can imagine having maybe 15k agility proc and then using EM to get as many hits as you can while the proc is up. Its a min/max thing. The more important thing is to learn the fight so you don't use them on a bad place, like in a transition or something. You can even gain nice dps by popping them at the right time. Easiest example would be berskering phase for Nazgrim.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Geex
      Hey everyone, new here.
      I just got done with Normal Nighthold with my guild and my DPS.. well sucks. Can anyone look at my logs and see what's up? Maybe a few pointers?
      Thank you!
      Armory:  http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/malganis/Geex/simple
      WL: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/rankings/character/15631063/11/#
    • By Superior987
      So I have a pretty solid ilvl that it feels like I'm underperforming for.  On movement fights, or when I get a streak of proc, I tend to drop buffs, which I'm working on.  I was hoping I could get some pointers for things I should focus on beyond that.
      Armory:
      http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/garrosh/Rixes/simple
      Most recent log:
      https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/LHrdaZXVjJmTgWF7/

I appreciate any help I can get!
    • By DonLionheart
      Hello all,
      I don't know where else to go for help.  I've been struggling with enhance since the changes in 7.1.5.  Originally I thought it was a gear issue because I was performing okay on some fights in Heroic NH, but as I've gotten more gear over the past week, my numbers haven't gone up.  Here are the logs from my raid tonight: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/N8P9vaGYHCFbmtDA#type=damage-done&boss=-2&difficulty=0
      I had been using Windsong and Overcharge last week, but noticed that it was just not working out, so when I swapped to Tempest instead, my numbers were about the same, so I've been using Windsong, Tempest, and FoA, like the  Wordup guide says.  Here's a link to my Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/Arthas/Donlionheart/advanced
      I've run a few sims, but I'm new to sims and I'm not sure I'm inputting the data right, so it's not worth mentioning the outcomes.  Basically, I'm trying to figure out what I'm doing wrong.  I tested out the Hot Hands talent on the dummy tonight after raid, and I did a Windsong test too, and for some reason, they were withing 10k of one another, with Hot Hands coming out on top.  Windsong seemed to give me a bigger opening burst, but I was higher more often and for longer with Hot Hands, though by the time I stopped after 4 minutes for each, they were so close it was barely worth mentioning.  Any advice is welcome, thanks.
      -Don
      P.S. I'm also using Chesder's (from MMO Champion) TellMeWhen strings, so maybe there's a problem with those.  If anyone has WeakAuras strings to recommend, or different TMW strings, let me know.  I used to use WeakAuras from another Shaman (a girl, I think the name was Corixa, but she doesn't make them anymore), and moved to TMW when a friend had some good strings.  Thank you.
    • By Rodee
      I know Unleash Doom was recommended as the second golden talent before getting Doom Vortex, but since Vortex just got buffed, and I am also using the Overcharge and Hot Hand talent; Is Vortex better to grab first now? Especially due to it proccing off Overcharged lightning bolts and the increased Lava Lash damage on the way down to it.
    • By TripleM1996
      Hello everyone.
      I was wondering if I should change my rotation to include Frostbrand, just to keep all 3 of the Twisting Nether Buffs up at all times or if the 1.5% more Damage are not worth it.
      Before 7.1.5 it was obviously no problem to keep up all buffs, due to Hailstorm but now I have no good way to get the Frost Part. Am I missing something?

Thanks in Advance for you help.