Zadina

Balance Changes Coming Next Week

Sign in to follow this  

15 posts in this topic

F0CAYRNR478S1528505445901.jpg

Some balance changes will be made next week and they will be announced before the reset, on Monday 15 of October.

It's difficult to guess which cards will be targeted, but there has been a lot of talk about Giggling Inventor lately.

Here's the announcement of the announcement:

...it's already bad enough when Hollywood makes a teaser for a trailer for a movie.

Why is it necessary to make an announcement for the announcement of upcoming balance changes?

• Like 1

Because Blizzard has no real news like CD Project with Cyberpunk 2077 or something like that.

That's why they have to blow up every small bit of information and present it like it would be something awesome and important.

E.g. take a look at D3, all the shouting of new things, great events to the anniversery.

But it's just a bubble without any real content in it.

Some stuff is slightly interesting, some stuff is just horrible, some stuff is meh.

While other companies present us with awesome games we get a new skin from Blizzard.

But why shouldn't they - obviously the skins sells itself nearly as great as a fantastic game.

Why risk investing millions in a game if you can make a skin for 10 bucks - which sells itself nearly the same?

1 hour ago, Migol said:

...it's already bad enough when Hollywood makes a teaser for a trailer for a movie.

Why is it necessary to make an announcement for the announcement of upcoming balance changes?

Because it's free and easy? Unlike teaser's for Hollywood. What's wrong with letting the general public know that they are looking at some cards for balancing? 

Any who, I actually hope they decrease the appearance rate of Giggling Inventor or just ban it all together in Arena. With how low of an appearance rate that board clears have, Giggling Inventor is a "win" more card that is frustrating to deal with if you're losing. 

Edited by Rhondis

3 minutes ago, WedgeAntilles said:

Because Blizzard has no real news like CD Project with Cyberpunk 2077 or something like that.

That's why they have to blow up every small bit of information and present it like it would be something awesome and important.

E.g. take a look at D3, all the shouting of new things, great events to the anniversery.

But it's just a bubble without any real content in it.

Some stuff is slightly interesting, some stuff is just horrible, some stuff is meh.

While other companies present us with awesome games we get a new skin from Blizzard.

But why shouldn't they - obviously the skins sells itself nearly as great as a fantastic game.

Why risk investing millions in a game if you can make a skin for 10 bucks - which sells itself nearly the same?

But... it's just a small tweet. Why are you making such a big deal out of a small tweet?

1 hour ago, Rhondis said:

But... it's just a small tweet. Why are you making such a big deal out of a small tweet?

`Because hater needs to find a reason to hate

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rhondis said:

What's wrong with letting the general public know that they are looking at some cards for balancing? 

They could just say that 'We are changing these cards like this and this'. No need to create a hype. Its not a new game or a new set. It is just a bunch of card changes, which will - or will not- be effective. Thats what we don't like.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, FanOfValeera said:

They could just say that 'We are changing these cards like this and this'. No need to create a hype. Its not a new game or a new set. It is just a bunch of card changes, which will - or will not- be effective. Thats what we don't like.

But there's no hype. It's literally a tweet letting the public know that they are discussing balance changes at this current moment and will share more details later on. Creating "hype" would be far more lucrative than a simple tweet that literally takes a minute. Many people do this, especially YouTubers who don't post daily.

Edited by Rhondis

35 minutes ago, Rhondis said:

But there's no hype. It's literally a tweet letting the public know that they are discussing balance changes at this current moment and will share more details later on. Creating "hype" would be far more lucrative than a simple tweet that literally takes a minute. Many people do this, especially YouTubers who don't post daily.

8 posts in 6 hours here, even more in hearthpwn, reddit, discord servers and so on

Pretty sure thats kind of a hype. You don't have to be super excited about it.

Edited by FanOfValeera

2 hours ago, FanOfValeera said:

8 posts in 6 hours here, even more in hearthpwn, reddit, discord servers and so on

Pretty sure thats kind of a hype. You don't have to be super excited about it.

Ok, so is Blizzard indirectly making these posts on the sources you mentioned?

I can completely understand if Blizzard is posting this all over, creating posts about it, or even making a video on it. But as far as I am aware, sites such this, the sub-reddits, individual Hearthstone sites, and even Discord servers can choose to share information on what Blizzard posts. Icy-Veins in particular is a news site that shares any upcoming information about any of the Blizzard titles. As someone who doesn't have Twitter or Instagram (Blizzard didn't even post it on Facebook), I actually use Icy-veins for most of my news sources regarding the games I play. Otherwise many people including myself probably wouldn't even know that balance changes are coming in the upcoming week as the Blizzard Desktop App doesn't show recent tweets or the like. 

So... if third party sources are doing what they are supposed to do by posting any recent news, and Blizzard isn't indirectly posting about upcoming balance changes across multiple sources besides Twitter. Then what's the problem?

Edited by Rhondis
  • Like 1

Doing #announcementofanannouncement is kind of a Blizzard thing and has turned into a meme. Granted at this point, they have probably settled down on the changes they want to make so I don't see harm in them just announcing them already.

I think they have explained this by saying something like "we don't like announcing things and then just making people wait for them or creating expectations and them making a last minute change". Then again, a whole new conversation starts about why we have to wait for weekly reset for patches. The cycle never ends!

By the way, Mike Donais said on Reddit that they will fix the appearance rate of Giggling Inventor in Arena. Then again, if they nerf the card, this might not be needed.

11 hours ago, Rhondis said:

Ok, so is Blizzard indirectly making these posts on the sources you mentioned?

I can completely understand if Blizzard is posting this all over, creating posts about it, or even making a video on it. But as far as I am aware, sites such this, the sub-reddits, individual Hearthstone sites, and even Discord servers can choose to share information on what Blizzard posts. Icy-Veins in particular is a news site that shares any upcoming information about any of the Blizzard titles. As someone who doesn't have Twitter or Instagram (Blizzard didn't even post it on Facebook), I actually use Icy-veins for most of my news sources regarding the games I play. Otherwise many people including myself probably wouldn't even know that balance changes are coming in the upcoming week as the Blizzard Desktop App doesn't show recent tweets or the like. 

So... if third party sources are doing what they are supposed to do by posting any recent news, and Blizzard isn't indirectly posting about upcoming balance changes across multiple sources besides Twitter. Then what's the problem?

Of course Blizzard doesn't create these posts. Playerbase do. Mods do. What I am saying is, announcement of an announcement is unnecessary, they can just come up with the nerfs. As Zadina said, nerfs are already decided by them anyways.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Kalazor13 said:

`Because hater needs to find a reason to hate

You (better: your posting) is the perfect example for everything that is wrong in our society and our actual politics.

You read something you don't like -> and you instantly label it as "hate". 

There is absolutly nothing in my posting that indicates hate.

Yes, I do not like the direction Blizzard is going with the games in the last years.

But unlike you I am able to make a difference between another opinion and comments like: Hater, Racist, Homophob, whatever.

But you "Gutmenschen" - you think you are always 100% right, that EVERYBODY that has another opinion as yourself is some kind of evil that needs to be banished. Your moral highground is so high, that everybody that isn't on exactly the same side as you is per definition way below you.

3 hours ago, WedgeAntilles said:

You (better: your posting) is the perfect example for everything that is wrong in our society and our actual politics.

You read something you don't like -> and you instantly label it as "hate". 

There is absolutly nothing in my posting that indicates hate.

Yes, I do not like the direction Blizzard is going with the games in the last years.

But unlike you I am able to make a difference between another opinion and comments like: Hater, Racist, Homophob, whatever.

But you "Gutmenschen" - you think you are always 100% right, that EVERYBODY that has another opinion as yourself is some kind of evil that needs to be banished. Your moral highground is so high, that everybody that isn't on exactly the same side as you is per definition way below you.

Hate to break it to you, if this guy is a troll then all you're really doing is feeding them. Just ignore and move on. Not everyone deserves a response.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1