Zadina

Balance Changes Coming Next Week

Sign in to follow this  

15 posts in this topic

F0CAYRNR478S1528505445901.jpg

Some balance changes will be made next week and they will be announced before the reset, on Monday 15 of October.

It's difficult to guess which cards will be targeted, but there has been a lot of talk about Giggling Inventor lately.

Here's the announcement of the announcement:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

...it's already bad enough when Hollywood makes a teaser for a trailer for a movie.

 

Why is it necessary to make an announcement for the announcement of upcoming balance changes?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Because Blizzard has no real news like CD Project with Cyberpunk 2077 or something like that.

That's why they have to blow up every small bit of information and present it like it would be something awesome and important.

E.g. take a look at D3, all the shouting of new things, great events to the anniversery.

But it's just a bubble without any real content in it.

Some stuff is slightly interesting, some stuff is just horrible, some stuff is meh.

While other companies present us with awesome games we get a new skin from Blizzard.

But why shouldn't they - obviously the skins sells itself nearly as great as a fantastic game.

Why risk investing millions in a game if you can make a skin for 10 bucks - which sells itself nearly the same?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Migol said:

...it's already bad enough when Hollywood makes a teaser for a trailer for a movie.

 

Why is it necessary to make an announcement for the announcement of upcoming balance changes?

Because it's free and easy? Unlike teaser's for Hollywood. What's wrong with letting the general public know that they are looking at some cards for balancing? 

 

Any who, I actually hope they decrease the appearance rate of Giggling Inventor or just ban it all together in Arena. With how low of an appearance rate that board clears have, Giggling Inventor is a "win" more card that is frustrating to deal with if you're losing. 

Edited by Rhondis

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, WedgeAntilles said:

Because Blizzard has no real news like CD Project with Cyberpunk 2077 or something like that.

That's why they have to blow up every small bit of information and present it like it would be something awesome and important.

E.g. take a look at D3, all the shouting of new things, great events to the anniversery.

But it's just a bubble without any real content in it.

Some stuff is slightly interesting, some stuff is just horrible, some stuff is meh.

While other companies present us with awesome games we get a new skin from Blizzard.

But why shouldn't they - obviously the skins sells itself nearly as great as a fantastic game.

Why risk investing millions in a game if you can make a skin for 10 bucks - which sells itself nearly the same?

But... it's just a small tweet. Why are you making such a big deal out of a small tweet?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Rhondis said:

But... it's just a small tweet. Why are you making such a big deal out of a small tweet?

`Because hater needs to find a reason to hate

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Rhondis said:

What's wrong with letting the general public know that they are looking at some cards for balancing? 

They could just say that 'We are changing these cards like this and this'. No need to create a hype. Its not a new game or a new set. It is just a bunch of card changes, which will - or will not- be effective. Thats what we don't like.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, FanOfValeera said:

They could just say that 'We are changing these cards like this and this'. No need to create a hype. Its not a new game or a new set. It is just a bunch of card changes, which will - or will not- be effective. Thats what we don't like.

But there's no hype. It's literally a tweet letting the public know that they are discussing balance changes at this current moment and will share more details later on. Creating "hype" would be far more lucrative than a simple tweet that literally takes a minute. Many people do this, especially YouTubers who don't post daily.

Edited by Rhondis

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Rhondis said:

But there's no hype. It's literally a tweet letting the public know that they are discussing balance changes at this current moment and will share more details later on. Creating "hype" would be far more lucrative than a simple tweet that literally takes a minute. Many people do this, especially YouTubers who don't post daily.

8 posts in 6 hours here, even more in hearthpwn, reddit, discord servers and so on

Pretty sure thats kind of a hype. You don't have to be super excited about it.

Edited by FanOfValeera

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, FanOfValeera said:

8 posts in 6 hours here, even more in hearthpwn, reddit, discord servers and so on

Pretty sure thats kind of a hype. You don't have to be super excited about it.

Ok, so is Blizzard indirectly making these posts on the sources you mentioned?

I can completely understand if Blizzard is posting this all over, creating posts about it, or even making a video on it. But as far as I am aware, sites such this, the sub-reddits, individual Hearthstone sites, and even Discord servers can choose to share information on what Blizzard posts. Icy-Veins in particular is a news site that shares any upcoming information about any of the Blizzard titles. As someone who doesn't have Twitter or Instagram (Blizzard didn't even post it on Facebook), I actually use Icy-veins for most of my news sources regarding the games I play. Otherwise many people including myself probably wouldn't even know that balance changes are coming in the upcoming week as the Blizzard Desktop App doesn't show recent tweets or the like. 

So... if third party sources are doing what they are supposed to do by posting any recent news, and Blizzard isn't indirectly posting about upcoming balance changes across multiple sources besides Twitter. Then what's the problem?

Edited by Rhondis
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Doing #announcementofanannouncement is kind of a Blizzard thing and has turned into a meme. Granted at this point, they have probably settled down on the changes they want to make so I don't see harm in them just announcing them already.

I think they have explained this by saying something like "we don't like announcing things and then just making people wait for them or creating expectations and them making a last minute change". Then again, a whole new conversation starts about why we have to wait for weekly reset for patches. The cycle never ends!

By the way, Mike Donais said on Reddit that they will fix the appearance rate of Giggling Inventor in Arena. Then again, if they nerf the card, this might not be needed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Rhondis said:

Ok, so is Blizzard indirectly making these posts on the sources you mentioned?

I can completely understand if Blizzard is posting this all over, creating posts about it, or even making a video on it. But as far as I am aware, sites such this, the sub-reddits, individual Hearthstone sites, and even Discord servers can choose to share information on what Blizzard posts. Icy-Veins in particular is a news site that shares any upcoming information about any of the Blizzard titles. As someone who doesn't have Twitter or Instagram (Blizzard didn't even post it on Facebook), I actually use Icy-veins for most of my news sources regarding the games I play. Otherwise many people including myself probably wouldn't even know that balance changes are coming in the upcoming week as the Blizzard Desktop App doesn't show recent tweets or the like. 

So... if third party sources are doing what they are supposed to do by posting any recent news, and Blizzard isn't indirectly posting about upcoming balance changes across multiple sources besides Twitter. Then what's the problem?

Of course Blizzard doesn't create these posts. Playerbase do. Mods do. What I am saying is, announcement of an announcement is unnecessary, they can just come up with the nerfs. As Zadina said, nerfs are already decided by them anyways.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Kalazor13 said:

`Because hater needs to find a reason to hate

You (better: your posting) is the perfect example for everything that is wrong in our society and our actual politics.

You read something you don't like -> and you instantly label it as "hate". 

There is absolutly nothing in my posting that indicates hate.

Yes, I do not like the direction Blizzard is going with the games in the last years.

But unlike you I am able to make a difference between another opinion and comments like: Hater, Racist, Homophob, whatever.

 

But you "Gutmenschen" - you think you are always 100% right, that EVERYBODY that has another opinion as yourself is some kind of evil that needs to be banished. Your moral highground is so high, that everybody that isn't on exactly the same side as you is per definition way below you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, WedgeAntilles said:

You (better: your posting) is the perfect example for everything that is wrong in our society and our actual politics.

You read something you don't like -> and you instantly label it as "hate". 

There is absolutly nothing in my posting that indicates hate.

Yes, I do not like the direction Blizzard is going with the games in the last years.

But unlike you I am able to make a difference between another opinion and comments like: Hater, Racist, Homophob, whatever.

 

But you "Gutmenschen" - you think you are always 100% right, that EVERYBODY that has another opinion as yourself is some kind of evil that needs to be banished. Your moral highground is so high, that everybody that isn't on exactly the same side as you is per definition way below you.

Hate to break it to you, if this guy is a troll then all you're really doing is feeding them. Just ignore and move on. Not everyone deserves a response.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Similar Content

    • By Zadina
      The Season of Rastakhan has begun and today we have the first round of the Brawl of the Champions.
      As already explained, the Rumble Run is being brought into the Tavern Brawl and you can play one of the special Rumble Run decks against real opponents. Each class has three different Shrines, that promote different playstyles and are accompanied by premade decks that synergise with their respective Shrine.
      Here are the Shrines for this week:
      Druid: Bonds of Balance - At the end of your turn, gain Attack equal to your hero's Attack Hunter: Halazzi's Guise - Whenever you summon a Beast, it gains Rush, Taunt, or Poisonous. Mage: Jan'alai's Flame - Your Hero Power costs (O). Whenever it kills a minion, refresh it. Paladin: Shirvallah's Grace - After you cast a spell on a friendly minion, cast a copy of it on this one. Priest: Bwonsamdi's Tome - After you cast a spell, add a random Priest spell to your hand. Rogue: Bottled Terror - Your other minions have Stealth. Deathrattle: Give your minions +2 Attack. Shaman: Krag'wa's Grace - Your spells cost (2) less. Warlock: Blood Pact - Your spells cost Health instead of Mana. Warrior: Akali's Horn - Your minions have "Overkill: This can attack again". Unsurprisingly, the Shrines that are good in the Rumble Run are also effective versus actual opponents. This bunch of Shrines is quite decent, with the Priest and Mage ones being standouts. The weakest classes for this week are Warlock, Warrior and Hunter.
      The Brawl of the Champions itself, like all Tavern Brawls, rewards a Classic card pack upon victory. However, you can complete the seasonal repeatable quest by playing the Brawl 3 times to earn a Rastakhan's Rumble card pack.
    • By Zadina
      Joseph Magdalena is here to talk about the Season of Rastakhan event, which will begin on February 13.
      As we already know, this event will start in a couple of days and it will last until March 3. It's all about the Tavern Brawl mode during the three-week Season of Rastakhan as each week you will get a special quest to play 3 Tavern Brawls; the quest will award a Rastakhan's Rumble card pack.
      The Tavern Brawl will be the same each week and it's called the Brawl of Champions. Remember the Rumble Run? Well, now you will get to play against real opponents as one of the heroes of the Rumble Run, along with their special Shrine and complimentary deck. Since each class has 3 different Shrines in the Rumble Run, the Shrines for each class will be different each week and you will be able to swap classes if you choose so.
    • By Zadina
      Due to Update 13.2 going live a few hours later than intended, the Lunar New Year event will last one more day.
      The event will now finish on February 13 in the US and February 14 in Europe. Therefore, everyone will get an extra quest that awards both Gold and Arcane Dust! Don't forget that the day the Lunar Festival concludes, a new Tavern Brawl-centered event will begin: the Season of Rastakhan.
      CM_JesseHill
      Hey everyone!
      Due to the delays we hit yesterday with recent update pushing into the time for the Lunar New Year event, we are going to be extending the end date by a full day. The event will now last until February 13.
      Cheers and thanks again for your patience!
      (source)
    • By Zadina
      After a small delay, the latest Hearthstone update is here bringing changes to five cards and the Lunar Festival seasonal event. After the Lunar Festival, there will be a new event, the Season of Rastakhan, with thematic Tavern Brawls and special rewards.
      Some juicy card changes have been implemented with this update. Cold Blood, Flametongue Totem, Hunter's Mark and Emerald Spellstone have had their mana cost increased by 1, while Equality will now cost 4 mana (up from 2).
      With this patch, the Lunar New Year event is now available for a week. Starting from today and until February 12, you can login to get a free Golden Fireworks Tech and enjoy quests that award both Gold and Arcane Dust. The Lunar New Year Bundle is also available in the Shop for $20 or 20 euros; it contains 30 packs in total, 10 from each of the Year of the Raven expansions.
      Right after the Lunar Festival, a new event will start: the Season of Rastakhan will last from February 13 up to March 3. This event is focused on the Tavern Brawl mode, with three different Brawls centered around picking a Rumble Champion and a Loa shrine. Moreover, during that period each Wednesday you will get a special repeatable quest to play 3 Tavern Brawls. The reward for this quest is a Rastakhan's Rumble card pack, so in total you will get three packs.
      Two new card backs have been added: Mark of Hakkar and Kul Tiras (the March 2019 Ranked Play Season card back). There's a dedicated blog post about the Mark of Hakkar card back, which can be acquired if you play against another player who has it. Αnd how do you originally get it? Well, it seems some players have been randomly selected and already have it in their collection and it's their job to spread the madness...
      You can check out the card backs in the patch notes below:
      Blizzard Entertainment
      This Hearthstone update kicks off Lunar New Year with a bang and sets the stage for the upcoming Season of Rastakhan Tavern Brawl event. We also made some mobile optimizations and fixed some bugs.
      Read on for details!
      Events
      Lunar New Year
      Celebrate Lunar New Year 2019 from February 5 through February 12!

      Log in during the event to get a free Rare Golden Fireworks Tech card! Complete celebratory Quests that award both Gold and Arcane Dust! Share spectacular New Year emotes! The Lunar New Year Bundle – Get 30 card packs (10 each from The Witchwood, The Boomsday Project, and Rastakhan’s Rumble) for a special price. Available through February 12.
       
      Season of Rastakhan

      February 13 through March 3 earn glory for the Loa—and card packs!—over three weeks of Tavern Brawls during the Brawl of Champions.
      The Brawl of Champions – A series of three special Tavern Brawls. Choose a rumble Champion and harness the power of each Loa’s Shrine to prove which Loa is the mightiest! Each Champion will have a new deck and Shrine each week! New repeatable Quest: For the Glory of Rastakhan – Play a Tavern Brawl 3 times to earn a Rastakhan’s Rumble card pack. Available each Wednesday when the Tavern Brawl starts. Earn up to three Rastakhan’s Rumble card packs over the course of the Season of Rastakhan!
      Card Changes
      Be sure to read the Upcoming Balance Update – February 2019 blog for details
      Cold Blood – Now costs 2 Mana. (Up from 1)
      Flametongue Totem – Now costs 3 mana. (Up from 2)
      Equality – Now costs 4 mana. (Up from 2)
      Hunter’s Mark – Now costs 2 mana. (Up from 1)
      Emerald Spellstone – Now costs 6 mana. (Up from 5)
      Non-Basic cards can be disenchanted for their full Arcane Dust value for two weeks.
       
      Card Backs
      Mark of Hakkar Kul Tiras Game Improvements
      Fixed an issue that could cause cards that copy and set minion Health to a specific value to incorrectly activate “while damaged” effects. Fixed an issue that would cause Augmented Elekk to shuffle a copy of a card drawn by Tracking into the deck. Corrupted Blood no longer benefits from Spell Damage. Spellbender can no longer attack itself when activated by The Beast Within. Corrupting Mist and Reckless Experimenter can no longer incorrectly cause Immortal Prelate to be removed from the hand or deck. Fixed an instability issue that could occur when Book of Spectres drew multiple copies of Corrupted Blood. Fixed an instability issue that could occur when attempting to view an enemy minion as it’s being returned to an opponent’s hand. Gral, the Shark now works properly when executing its battlecry more times than there are minions left in your deck. Mecha’thun that has been transformed will no longer incorrectly play its original effects when destroyed. Astral Raptor Overkill animations will no longer play multiple times. Copied Zombeasts now correctly keep their Zombeast visual aura. The enchantments from Clutchmother Zavas now collapse into a single enchantment banner. [Rumble Run] Fixed a bug where damage from healing due to Bwonsamdi's Covenant was not properly being credited to the source of the damage. [Rumble Run] Fireslinger now stops casting Fireballs if there are no valid targets. [Rumble Run] Fixed an issue with Tribute from the Tides not granting extra battlecries if it was damaged while buffed. [Rumble Run] Casting an Overload spell while affected by Electra Stormsurge now triggers Overcharged Totem once for each cast. [Rumble Run] Fixed an instability issue that could occur when playing Bouncing Blade while the Pirate’s Mark Shrine is in play. [Mobile] To reduce the initial size of the Hearthstone mobile app, some sound files are now an optional download. [Mobile] Hand and mana are now moved aside when Choose One cards are displayed. [Android] Background downloads are now displayed as a notification. (source)