FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Zadina

Update 12.4: New Classic Cards & Rastakhan's Rumble Pre-Purchase

VQ4G8AICTJPW1475699042324.jpg

The game client is now ready for the release of Rastakhan's Rumble next month. The new Classic cards have also been patched into the game.

With the announcement of the Rastakhan's Rumble expansion during BlizzCon, the team was quick to patch it in the game in preparation for the December 4 release.

You can already pre-purchase the new expansion with two options: the full Bundle contains 50 packs, the Ready to Rumble! card back and the new Shaman skin, King Rastakhan.

V1Q2GUOORKPW1541104353689.gif

The more affordable Challenger's Bundle includes 17 packs and the thematic card back.

M9Q3M79SDR3T1541104353683.gif

Hearthstone is also celebrating reaching 100 million players. Log in between November 7-11 to receive 6 The Boomsday Project packs and repeatable Players Quests that you can complete with your friends.

This patch finally adds the new Classic cards for Mage, Rogue and Warlock.

P3BPEG0XJYLQ1541104362224.pngS8WJ54BH9K971541104362227.png

Z7AN9F13PUR61541104362337.png1V8XVB79X32G1541104362227.png

The following card backs have been added to the game:

• Ready to Rumble – Acquired from a Rastakhan’s Rumble pre-purchase bundle.

Ready%20To%20Rumble.png

• Frostwolf – Acquired from winning fives games in Ranked Play, December 2018.

Frostwolf.png

Good%20Cheer.png

• The Third War – Acquired from the Warcraft III: Reforged promotion.

Third%20War.png

Lastly, the patch includes improvements to Hearthstone's mobile app and various bug fixes, which you can read here.

• Haha 1

The classic cards are very... fair... I guess is the best way to describe them. Not terrible, not great either, not even mediocre, just... fair and thematic. Nothing like they ones that went to the HoF (RIP Ice Block, you will never be forgotten). Still I guess they'll be useful for new players if nothing else.

29 minutes ago, tkioz said:

The classic cards are very... fair... I guess is the best way to describe them. Not terrible, not great either, not even mediocre, just... fair and thematic. Nothing like they ones that went to the HoF (RIP Ice Block, you will never be forgotten). Still I guess they'll be useful for new players if nothing else.

They're pretty bad most of the time. Keep in mind this is classic cards NOT basic cards.

3 hours ago, tkioz said:

Let's say that you are a free player that have joined the game not that time ago. You win a pack, you open it... yay, an epic!
Then you discovered an ice block, and you had found a card that in the right meta can be really important, a good step in the direction of becoming a good player, one that can make a t1 deck.

Now you discover a Icicle, a card that you'll use for some time, maybe, or maybe not. 1/4 of an epic of choice.

I don't think that this card are fair, I think that the commons can be fair, but the epic is trash. Where fair means "never played by a real deck in the first 20 ranks", and trahs means "people will say very bad world when they'll find this card in a pack instead of I don't know, a prep or a brawl".

• Haha 1