FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Starym

Patch 8.1 Summary and Survival Guide [Official]

I8qQmgD.jpg

After the new Warfront, pet dungeon and Faction Assault previews, here comes the big one, summarizing the new content coming in Tides of Vengeance in video and text form! We're also getting the raid, Mythic+ and PvP season schedules and more!

You can also check out more details on all the new events coming in our own 8.1 hub!

Blizzard LogoTides of Vengeance (source)

The release of Tides of Vengeance opens the way for a new Warfront — Battle for Darkshore, new dwarf and blood elf Heritage armor, Faction Assaults and more. Learn about what’s in store in our Survival Guide and feature previews.

New Warfront: Battle for Darkshore

New Warfront: Battle for Darkshore

In the ashen shadow of Teldrassil, the night elves strike back against the Forsaken to reclaim their ancestral homeland in an all-new co-op Warfront. In between battles, discover what awaits in a new version of the Darkshore zone reshaped by the fires of war. This new Warfront will be available to Alliance players as of December 12 and we’ve shortened the cycle for the first two weeks of the Warfront so that players from both factions will have access to it and all its rewards prior to the holidays. Learn More...

Faction Assaults

Faction Assaults

Grab your friends and take part in the new Faction Assaults in Zandalar and Kul Tiras. Defend against invaders or push deep into enemy territory for fun and great rewards. Learn More...

Pet Battle Dungeon: Gnomeregan

Pet Battle Dungeon: Gnomeregan

Marshal your menagerie and head into the halls of Gnomeregan to face the challenges within in this new Pet Battle Dungeon. Learn More...

Blood Elf and Dwarf Heritage Armor

New Blood Elf and Dwarf Heritage Armor

Celebrate your legacy with two new Heritage Armor sets. Learn More...

Two New Islands in Island Expeditions

Explore Two New Islands in Island Expeditions

Set sail for two new islands—Havenswood and Jorundall— and see what new adventures await in Island Expeditions. Learn More...

New War Campaign Chapters Open

Continue your adventures through Kul Tiras and Zandalar with new War Campaign chapters. Delve into new questlines and new missions as you push forward with your faction’s cause.

Azerite Armor Updates

With the release of Tides of Vengeance, we’ve added a new way for players who participate in Mythic Keystone Dungeons to gain specific Azerite Armor. These players will be able to earn a new currency —Titan Residuum—which can be used to purchase specific items from Thaumaturge Vashreen. You can read more in our forum post.

Once Mythic Keystone Dungeon Season 2 begins, we’ll be introducing new Azerite traits and adding a new fifth ring to items that currently have four rings.The re-spec cost will be reset on Azerite traits and will be reduced from 72 hours to 24 hours.

Reaching Friendly, Honored, or Revered reputation with the Champions of Azeroth faction now unlocks the appropriate quests to upgrade your Heart of Azeroth for all characters on your account.  

New Mount: Meat Wagon

Prepare to relive the adventure that laid the foundation for Azeroth’s most epic stories. Pre-purchase Warcraft III: Reforged and you’ll receive the new Meat Wagon mount —live in-game with Tides of Vengeance!  Learn more at PlayWarcraft3.com.

Battle of Dazar’alor Opens January 23

For ages untold, Dazar’alor has stood at the center of the great and powerful Zandalari empire. Its guards have thwarted numerous attempts on King Rastakhan’s life, and it has endured trials both ancient and new. But as war reaches the shores of Zuldazar, the Alliance embarks on a daring gambit to besiege the golden pyramid and sever the Zandalari’s bond to the Horde.

Raid Unlock Schedule

January 23 — Normal and Heroic Difficulties
January 30 — Mythic and Raid Finder Wing 1              
February 13 — Raid Finder Wing 2
February 27 — Raid Finder Wing 3 

PvP Season 1 Ending and Season 2 Coming January 23

Battle for Azeroth PvP Season 1 will end and Season 2 will begin at the same time as Battle of Dazar’alor opens on January 23.

Mythic Keystone Dungeon Season 2 Begins January 23

To align with the opening of the new raid dungeon, Mythic Keystone Dungeon Season 2 will begin on January 23 with a new Affix to put you and your group to the test.

There’s more to explore in Tides of Vengeance and we look forward to seeing you in game!

5 hours ago, Haheisenberg said:

Yaaaaay! New warfront, pet dungeon and some transmogs! Can't wait for weekly mass in Stormwind Chapel, crocheting classes and all the other exciting things!

It's almost like not every part of the game is for every player and different players have different tastes huh?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

7 hours ago, tkioz said:

It's almost like not every part of the game is for every player and different players have different tastes huh?

I honestly don't know a single person who likes these things. I know there are people who play 0 difficulty games for the story but that's not a reason to only make content that you always win no matter how bad you are. Warfronts are just a chore, there is literally nothing you can do wrong there aside from just afking. If there is anyone who likes this, then their taste doesn't matter.

19 minutes ago, Haheisenberg said:

I honestly don't know a single person who likes these things. I know there are people who play 0 difficulty games for the story but that's not a reason to only make content that you always win no matter how bad you are. Warfronts are just a chore, there is literally nothing you can do wrong there aside from just afking. If there is anyone who likes this, then their taste doesn't matter. 

I personally don't enjoy Warfronts at all, I do however enjoy pet battles and love transmog, so I guess my taste doesn't matter then.

2 hours ago, tkioz said:

I personally don't enjoy Warfronts at all, I do however enjoy pet battles and love transmog, so I guess my taste doesn't matter then.

I only said that about warfronts. I don't like pet battles because of the boring mechanics but the idea for a minigame is nice. The problem is, that it's a minigame and blizz is feeding us bullshit by saying this is a major feature of the 8.x patch. It's too small even for 8.x.x if you know what I mean. There should just be more meaningful content and proper class reworks. And that would be bare minimum.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Haheisenberg said:

I only said that about warfronts. I don't like pet battles because of the boring mechanics but the idea for a minigame is nice. The problem is, that it's a minigame and blizz is feeding us bullshit by saying this is a major feature of the 8.x patch. It's too small even for 8.x.x if you know what I mean. There should just be more meaningful content and proper class reworks. And that would be bare minimum.

No, you said it about all the content in your original post, and who decides what is 'proper' content? You?

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, tkioz said:

No, you said it about all the content in your original post, and who decides what is 'proper' content? You?

Oh well, i'm on Haheisenberg side 🙂 . He didn't say "proper content", he said "proper class reworks" and "meaningful content". If pet battles are meaningful content, then i really missed the announcment of Blizzard where WoW is selled as a Pokemon-MMORPG. Whats coming next? Tortollan-Minigames as basic-feature and call it "meaningful content"?

And even he said it about all the content (warfronts, pet battles, island expeditions, transmogs), I do agree in the meaning of to much side-content. Of course there are people who likes some (or all) of these features, but it's side-content. I did understand his statement like "Blizzard is investing to much time in side-content while there are bigger issues to solve in main-content".

To finish, I do not agree that anyones opinion doesn't matter - this is arrogant and narrow-minded.

6 hours ago, tkioz said:

I said that all this new content is boring like a mass and that I don't know anyone who likes warfronts and pet battles. Later I only said that warfronts are a chore and if anyone likes this, their opinion doesn't matter. This is because they clearly have no idea what the game is about, maybe they're some new players, whatever. Listening to them means only chasing their money, not aiming for the game to be better. Honestly, one may like pet battles or not but if they think the game is good because they like that one feature, they fit in this group as well. I don't know if you do, maybe say for yourself. Who decides what content is proper? Well, literally 90% of the playerbase who don't give a *filtered* about pets, warfronts and other casual content. I would shut up about my opinion if I didn't listen to complaining every time I log in to Teamspeak.

Why the 23rd of Jan for the new raid and season 2?  They decided to start dropping things on Wednesdays instead of reset (Tuesdays)?

--UPDATE:  Nvm, just noticed the EU 😐---

Edited by Mis

On 12/6/2018 at 7:20 PM, Haheisenberg said:

Yaaaaay! New warfront, pet dungeon and some transmogs! Can't wait for weekly mass in Stormwind Chapel, crocheting classes and all the other exciting things!

You know you can drop the game if it is this boring to you? I think it is still players' choice to keep playing, no one is forcing you.

16 minutes ago, Sesyl91 said:

You know you can drop the game if it is this boring to you? I think it is still players' choice to keep playing, no one is forcing you.

You know its perfectly fine to like some parts of the game, and criticise the parts one don't like ?? no one is forcing you to read it....

16 hours ago, Sesyl91 said:

15 hours ago, Xpolot said:

You know its perfectly fine to like some parts of the game, and criticise the parts one don't like ?? no one is forcing you to read it....

That is one thing, another is that I don't want to drop it, I want it to be good because it was and I miss this now that it's a total *filtered*.