Jump to content
FORUMS
Valks

Inna's EP Monk

Recommended Posts

Guest Perigrine

Why are the legendary abilities in the Kanai's cube dedicated to Exploding palm, a skill not utilized in this build?

Edit:Nevermind. I'm a dolt. ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest TorgueTina

Is this truly an optimized build for Season 16? The Gear setup still lists 6 Inna’s items (out of seven total) even though Season of Grandeour only requires 5 pieces be used. I would imagine there is a better weapon option than Inna’s 2H Daibo. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/4/2019 at 4:03 PM, Guest TorgueTina said:

Is this truly an optimized build for Season 16? The Gear setup still lists 6 Inna’s items (out of seven total) even though Season of Grandeour only requires 5 pieces be used. I would imagine there is a better weapon option than Inna’s 2H Daibo. 

You're better off with this, regarding using an Inna's set:
https://www.icy-veins.com/d3/sunwuko-wave-of-light-monk-inna-wave-of-light-variation
So yes, this 'ole Inna's Pet-only build here is, including Inna's 2-H Weapon, for all gracious purposes, is no more.  I miss it too.

Edited by rickster

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A few typos and minor notes about the "Gear,..." page (just to help less experienced players that might miss some information or get confused):

1) "Mystic Ally %" is said to be desired on Inna's Vast Expanse, but it's not mentioned on the table.

2) Bane of the Stricken is reported in the Gem table as an "alt EP variation": isn't this wrong?

3) Esoteric Alteration is reported in the Gem table as an "alt EP variation", but it is never mentioned in the explaining texts of any variations: is it a typo? The only other desired gem is Boon of the Hoarder in the speedfarming variation...

4) "Single resistance" secondary stats should be mentioned in the table as desired also on bracers, amulet and rings.

5) The couples "Bindings of the Lesser Gods / Gungdo Gear" and "Convention of Elements / Unity" are reported in the table one as "Best in Slot" and the other as "Alternative"; since the other one is also reported as a suggested Kanai Cube's power, I suppose both the couple are "wear your best rolled item, and cube the other". Maybe this should be stated explicitly (as you did in other guides on this site).

6) Shouldn't an alternative for Unity ring be mentioned for multiplayer mode?

7) Enchanting Favor is mentioned when talking about Unity: does this mean that the suggested follower is the Templar? I suggest to explicitly say which Follower is preferred for this build (I supposed there is one...).

last) Is there a suggested potion for this build?

Thanks again for these guides, I find them really helpful!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Messerschmidt's Reaver(patch 2.6.6) is much better than in-geom for speed/farm build. High density of one shot trash will give instant refresh of mystic ally.

note: my old pc start having fps drop after 3 or 4 of consecutive(as in 1 sec or no delay) mystic ally.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest Engin

This is my best build.
still i m playing but cannot playlable more thern gr100 
bane of stricken dosent work or working slowly(rift guardian combat takes 5 or more min)
we have to use bane of the trapped and pain enchancer but after 100 gr allies dies fast and if water ally diesu cannot do any dmg so we have the use enforcer gem but instead of one i dont know 
blizzard should fix this and six set peace bonus is too low 7500 with 10 ally i hope blizzard can fix this 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

in the speedrun variant there is still "relentless assault" as a passive, though without "blinding flash" i don't see what it can proc off.

nvm, the water ally freezes enemies haha

Edited by JBelle

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest Fyedka

All Resist is not rollable on Lefebvre's. The remaining options for that slot would be RCR, area dmg, Vitality, life %, armor, and life/sec. I guess armor would be the closest replacement? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Some of these gear affix recommendations are either erroneous or outdated I think. All resist is not a guaranteed stat on Inna's Temperance (legs). It's not even rollable. The only way to get All Resist on the legs is through the sockets. 

Same issue for the recommended shoulders. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey there! You are partially correct, it seems the guaranteed All Resistance has been updated with the recent Inna rework and it is only a fixed roll on the belt now. It is however quite possible to get All Resistance on both the legs and shoulder slots; the condition is that you cannon have a singular resistance (e.g. Fire Resistance,...) in the Secondary stats.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Am I missing something here, to get the full potential of the Inna set, you would need 6 out of the 5 pieces, yet this guide only says 5 surely your missing out on the 3000% buff damage and the 10 mystic ally count from the 6 piece?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/24/2021 at 10:50 AM, Unstable said:

Am I missing something here, to get the full potential of the Inna set, you would need 6 out of the 5 pieces, yet this guide only says 5 surely your missing out on the 3000% buff damage and the 10 mystic ally count from the 6 piece?

Hi there! You attain the full 6-piece Inna set bonuses with the use of Ring of Royal GrandeurRing of Royal Grandeur in the Cube.

18 hours ago, Andser said:

Might be worth noting that Aughilds 3 set (from 2 items + rorg) is necessary at higher rifts to push more damage

Hi, the variant with Aughild's and the variant with the Inna daibo are both mentioned in the Gear page of the guide! 🙂 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest inf3rno

Hi! I have a question about Mysic Ally mechanic. It sometimes happens that I pop the skill at the very and of Cold cycle instead of the beginning of Fire. Now when this happens it sometimes seems that I'm doing way less damage. Is it possible that the Fire Allies damage is somehow "snapshotted" when I use the skill, i.e. it does not take into account that by the time they explode, I'm already in Fire cycle?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Guest inf3rno said:

Hi! I have a question about Mysic Ally mechanic. It sometimes happens that I pop the skill at the very and of Cold cycle instead of the beginning of Fire. Now when this happens it sometimes seems that I'm doing way less damage. Is it possible that the Fire Allies damage is somehow "snapshotted" when I use the skill, i.e. it does not take into account that by the time they explode, I'm already in Fire cycle?

While I've never used this build, almost all skills with a casting/summoning/lifetime before they do damage are snapshotted to the part of the cycle when you activate them, rather than the moment they do damage. If you summon during Cold, they'll be considered "cast during Cold" for their entire duration.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/16/2022 at 1:47 PM, Bubble181 said:

While I've never used this build, almost all skills with a casting/summoning/lifetime before they do damage are snapshotted to the part of the cycle when you activate them, rather than the moment they do damage. If you summon during Cold, they'll be considered "cast during Cold" for their entire duration.

Could anyone confirm for sure that this applies for Mystic Ally as well? Thx

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/18/2022 at 3:07 PM, inf3rno said:

Could anyone confirm for sure that this applies for Mystic Ally as well? Thx

While it is correct, the Fire-based rune of Mystic Allies does instantaneous damage (unlike Water Allies’ over-time). It does require that you trigger the skill while under the Fire cycle of CoE (ideally about 2 seconds in). Failing to do so will result in the damage drop-off you describe.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey Deadset, thanks for the updates!

I was wondering if you had any suggestions for a lower-skill player using Inna's diabo variant. Particularly, I think CoE is kind of wasted on me... I just can't manage to track the buff. Last season I chose to wear RoRG (I know, don't cringe) and cube Flavor of Time. Would I still be better off with CoE for the stats despite the wasted cycling? Or is there another set of rings/amulet you might suggest I try?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/15/2022 at 11:36 PM, solitha said:

Hey Deadset, thanks for the updates!

I was wondering if you had any suggestions for a lower-skill player using Inna's diabo variant. Particularly, I think CoE is kind of wasted on me... I just can't manage to track the buff. Last season I chose to wear RoRG (I know, don't cringe) and cube Flavor of Time. Would I still be better off with CoE for the stats despite the wasted cycling? Or is there another set of rings/amulet you might suggest I try?

Hey there! What's your current jewelry setup?

Since you need to time Mystic Allies' activation with the CoE cycle matching the element of your rune, it might be wasted if you can't be bothered to keep track. In its stead, you can use Stone of Jordan with a static elemental buff that matches your chosen rune (i.e. run a Cold damage Stone of Jordan if you use Water Allies). Pair the SoJ with an Endless Walk set (The Compass Rose ring and The Traveler's Pledge amulet), or a combo of a Unity ring (along with one on your follower + immortality follower item) and Squirt's Necklace (if you don't mind its squishiness).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest Dowman

Thanks for the Updates Deadset but there are some item changes in the last patch 1. Bindings of the Lesser Gods no longer has the Fire  ally buff  2. not sure if it was last patch but Inna's (4) set bonus makes the Mystic Ally no longer take damage so I'm not sure if Enforcer is the Best Gem to use

 

 has nothing to do with items but i got to say i so hate Earth Ally at times they just flat out vanish for mins

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/20/2022 at 6:37 AM, Deadset said:

Hey there! What's your current jewelry setup?

Since you need to time Mystic Allies' activation with the CoE cycle matching the element of your rune, it might be wasted if you can't be bothered to keep track. In its stead, you can use Stone of Jordan with a static elemental buff that matches your chosen rune (i.e. run a Cold damage Stone of Jordan if you use Water Allies). Pair the SoJ with an Endless Walk set (The Compass Rose ring and The Traveler's Pledge amulet), or a combo of a Unity ring (along with one on your follower + immortality follower item) and Squirt's Necklace (if you don't mind its squishiness).

We just hit 70 today and I've yet to pick up any legendary jewelry. What you've put here looks like a great alternative for me... thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey! I was looking into the skill setup page, and the skill overview has "The Guardian's Path" for the fourth passive, while in the explanation for passives, it's "Relentless Assault" that's mentionned as a passive. Is this intentional (for different active skills setups)?

Thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You are posting as a guest. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...