FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Starym

Conjurer's Calling: Rise of Shadows Card Reveal

DH2GItx.jpg

We have more copies coming in, although of a random variety this time. Mages get this interesting value/removal hybrid with twinspell slapped on top of it as well, which means you get a copy of the spell when you play it back into your hand (minus the Twinspell part).
The card was revealed earlier today by Kripparrian.

636898513918958253.png

So, what do we think of this one? Is its dual nature and the fact you get two of them worthwhile?

Just to clarify (for anybody who hasn't seen the video): you CAN target your opponents minions with it but then HE will get the two summond minions.

As Kripparrian mentioned. This is best used on a costly, damaged own minion or a cheap, buffed opposing minion.

I personally like this card (since I love the evolution-mechanic), but I also does not know in which kind of deck this might go. But the math is pretty good. For example on a 4-drop: 3 mana and half a card for 8 mana worth of minions (plus the 4 mana you payed for the minion before)...seems like an okay deal.

4 hours ago, Taan said:

Just to clarify (for anybody who hasn't seen the video): you CAN target your opponents minions with it but then HE will get the two summond minions.

As Kripparrian mentioned. This is best used on a costly, damaged own minion or a cheap, buffed opposing minion.

I personally like this card (since I love the evolution-mechanic), but I also does not know in which kind of deck this might go. But the math is pretty good. For example on a 4-drop: 3 mana and half a card for 8 mana worth of minions (plus the 4 mana you payed for the minion before)...seems like an okay deal.

Yea, sorry for not mentioning that, thought it was understood. Thanks for the clarification.

It's pretty much useful only on your minions , you play minions with awful stats for a battlecry then use this to make them decent, or on almost dead minions to 'heal' them.

Giving 2 minions instead of 1 to the enemy is never a good idea.

In engineering's terms, this is a solution searching for its problem: it doesn't really fit in any existing Mage deck and using it as removal is altogether too risky.

It will be funny to watch the Trolden/Insane RNG comebacks videos with this going into double This Fine Gentleman for lethal. (Or even funnier double Baron Geddon for double KO.)

This could have some use with the giants maybe?    Cheat out an 8/8 quickly, then bust it for even better results?

• Like 1