Vlad

Arena Spreadsheet Intro

Sign in to follow this  

32 posts in this topic

This thread is for comments about our Arena Spreadsheet Intro.

What does it mean when cards are missing? I'm currently drafting for Warlock, being offered the following cards:

- Questing Adventurer

- Ancient Watcher

- Injured Blademaster

Neither of them are in the sheet so I assume they're all very bad cards? blink.png

What does it mean when cards are missing? I'm currently drafting for Warlock, being offered the following cards:

- Questing Adventurer

- Ancient Watcher

- Injured Blademaster

Neither of them are in the sheet so I assume they're all very bad cards? blink.png

I assume you have probably figured it out by now, but I'll answer you anyway. Each rarity has its own tab. The reason why you cannot find those 3 cards is because you are looking in the Common tab, and those cards are all Rares. So, just click on the "Rare Cards" tab and you will have your rankings.

Hope that helps.

I assume you have probably figured it out by now, but I'll answer you anyway. Each rarity has its own tab. The reason why you cannot find those 3 cards is because you are looking in the Common tab, and those cards are all Rares. So, just click on the "Rare Cards" tab and you will have your rankings.

Hope that helps.

Hi,

Yes, in the end I was just a little bit silly by not clicking the rarity tabs.... And I did figure it out, but thanks for taking the time to reply.

I really like these sheets, they really helped me to improve my arena runs!! :-D

Thanks a bunch!

I hope Icy-Veins continues to update the Hearthstone Arena guide as Blizzard patches throughout the beta. Tremendous work put into this and it is invaluable to gamers who are new to the whole concept of Warcraft/Hearthstone in general. One thing I wish was that there was a way for people to comment about the different teirs and what seems to be working for them. If I was checking out one card in a certain teir but then I saw a comment thread with over 100 comments about this or that regarding that one card or possible substitutes then that could give a big advantage to understanding the many subtlties behind the Arena card draft, for example.

Kind Regards,

Some Bloke

I hope Icy-Veins continues to update the Hearthstone Arena guide as Blizzard patches throughout the beta. Tremendous work put into this and it is invaluable to gamers who are new to the whole concept of Warcraft/Hearthstone in general. One thing I wish was that there was a way for people to comment about the different teirs and what seems to be working for them. If I was checking out one card in a certain teir but then I saw a comment thread with over 100 comments about this or that regarding that one card or possible substitutes then that could give a big advantage to understanding the many subtlties behind the Arena card draft, for example.

Kind Regards,

Some Bloke

Thanks a lot for this comment! Rest assured that we will continue updating the Hearthstone section and that it wasn't a one-time thing that we did before the WoD beta starts smile.png We have recruited a super player to help us with the content and I have reason to believe that this collaboration is going to last for a while.

I got 1 win going by the sheets on my own i get 3-4 average so not so helpfull i guess...

It might have something to do with the fact that the value of the cards given in this spreadsheet is reliant on playing them optimally. Something like a Fiery War Axe is totally worthless if you equip it and attack your opponent's hero with it two turns in a row. If you're saving it to take out their early-game minions, however, it's priceless.

Well i just got my very first arena win with this spreadsheet. (after not reading the bit about mana curve and falling on my face the first time) so from me a mahoosive thank you, your a gentleman and a scholar and i will declare it from the highest bell tower!

Well i just got my very first arena win with this spreadsheet. (after not reading the bit about mana curve and falling on my face the first time) so from me a mahoosive thank you, your a gentleman and a scholar and i will declare it from the highest bell tower!

You mean reaching 12 wins in Arena or winning your first Arena match? tongue.png

I won 6 games in my second attempt after using the guide. First attempt without the guide I only won 1. Having an objective idea of each cards value is very useful so thank you. 

I won 6 games in my second attempt after using the guide. First attempt without the guide I only won 1. Having an objective idea of each cards value is very useful so thank you. 

Extremely helpful guide, thank you all very much for the hard work.

Much appreciated, thanks guys!

Thanks a lot for the guide, I use it a lot when I am not sure which card I should pick.

Glad to hear that, good luck!

I love the spreadsheets. As a beginner, it showed me which cards to choose from. As a now (more) seasoned veteran, it's helped me make the tougher decisions like deciding between a control or aggro card. It kind of grows with you! Well done, folks. smile.png

I love the spreadsheets. As a beginner, it showed me which cards to choose from. As a now (more) seasoned veteran, it's helped me make the tougher decisions like deciding between a control or aggro card. It kind of grows with you! Well done, folks. smile.png

I'm actually very glad to hear that because that's always how we envisioned them working out. Good luck!

I would like to add my thanks for your hard work on the spreadsheets. I'm a newbie to hearthstone and my wins are due more to luck than management. I'm currently surrounded by sheets of paper with notes, asterisks, and general mayhem, my hubby thinks it's funny that I'm spending so much time on this TCG, but I think it's awesome and any help I can get is much appreciated. I'm currently a fan of casual play, as my forays in to the Arena and ranked play were abysmal. However, I am now armed with newfound enthusiasm!

Glad we could be of help! Let us know how you fare after reading our guides smile.png

A n00b question.

How can you have more than 2 copies of the same card?

The Spreadsheet guide says: "some cards are actually so good that there are practically no diminishing returns until you have 5 or more copies of the same card, a situation that is not likely to happen"

A n00b question.

How can you have more than 2 copies of the same card?

The Spreadsheet guide says: "some cards are actually so good that there are practically no diminishing returns until you have 5 or more copies of the same card, a situation that is not likely to happen"

In the arena, since you are offered cards at random, and the relatively small card variety, it's very easy to be offered the same card more than twice, and there are no card limits that I am aware of.

Thank you sooo much for your hard work. I enjoy putting a more scientific approach to picking cards.

Wish I had more fun playing the game when i lose. smile.png

One question: What is your take on making combos with cards in the arena?

I think Deathwing should be in at least tier 2. I know it's situational and expenisve, but in Aren it's vey unlikely for opposing player to have on out to it in late game. I was once offerred with really (I mean really) terrible draft for Warlock Arena, but I was still able to end 5-3 only because Deathing won me 3 games on its own. Deathing can give few wins even the worst deck as long as it's not so bad to loose before reaching 10 mana curve and if you are lucky enough to draw him obviously.

I have a question too - why is Dr. Boom not in tier 1? It's considered as one of the very best legendaries in Constructed, especially in more aggressive decks (and Arena is in general all about beatdown), while here it's in the same tier as Toshley and lower than Ysera. Seems a bit odd to me.

A 12/12 plus an empty hand often isn't enough to win you the game if your opponent still has a decent sized hand themselves.

Regarding Dr. Boom, it's not a matter of Boom being worse in Arena, it's a matter of other cards being better. Ysera is often too slow in constructed, in Arena, the meta is slower, so Ysera carries the game away. In Constructed, Ragnaros gets Big Game Huntered and leaves nothing behind, in Arena, hard removal is less common etc.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this