FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
positiv2

Dalaran Heist Mage Guide

You're still missing treasures, for instance the 6/1 Weapon with deathrattle "summon all minions killed by this weapon this run".

Togwaggles-Dice.png

You listed Togwaggle's Dice as a poor choice but I think it's at least a good treasure. You underestimate the huge power it has if combined with Potion of Vim. Potion of Vim by itself is rather average because you usually have a hard time playing that many cards early on, which results in burning lots of cards - even if you'd be playing a zootype deck with cheap minions.

I'd pick Togwaggle's Dice over any other passive treasure anyday. If you happen to have a chance to combine it with Potion of Vim, go for it! You'll have so many cards in your hand, you'll most likely have some expensive cards that have their cost reduced to 3. 2. 1 or even 0. Turn 2 Ragnaros? Sure, why not.

Robes of Gaudiness is more consistent in that regard, but you'll never defeat bosses like Heroic Zuramat the Obliterator with Robes of Gaudiness (Hero Power: 2 Mana - Banish a minion to the Void [basically silence and destroy]) if you can only play 2 cards a turn.

I had a hard time with bosses 7 and 8 in Violet Hold Heroic, took me like 10 runs total. Because that stupid Core Hound Lavanthor has the perfect synergies. Dice and Vim finally combined and it was almost a breeze.Togwaggles-Dice.png

I think you are over rating Wonderous Wonderball.

Yes, it's fun and it can save your but every once in awhile. However, it's very random and you've rated other random effects fairly low. It's also not always beneficial. I've had several situations where it changes the mana cost of a 2 or 3 mana minion to 5 or 6. It's killed my minions on randomly recast spells. It also gave me 6 copies of Medivh, the Guardian on turn 1, thus filling my hand with unusable cards. As a result I burned several helpful cards because I could not shrink my hand.

In my opinion the Wonderous Wonderball treasure is at best Average. If you want to rated it good, I could see that as a possibility, However, there is no way this is excellent unless the reviewer got the best luck of all time on its effects.

9 hours ago, Graylo said:

I think you are over rating Wonderous Wonderball.

Yes, it's fun and it can save your but every once in awhile. However, it's very random and you've rated other random effects fairly low. It's also not always beneficial. I've had several situations where it changes the mana cost of a 2 or 3 mana minion to 5 or 6. It's killed my minions on randomly recast spells. It also gave me 6 copies of Medivh, the Guardian on turn 1, thus filling my hand with unusable cards. As a result I burned several helpful cards because I could not shrink my hand.

In my opinion the Wonderous Wonderball treasure is at best Average. If you want to rated it good, I could see that as a possibility, However, there is no way this is excellent unless the reviewer got the best luck of all time on its effects.

I agree - it is much too unreliable to be "excellent".

Sure, it can be fun, but "fun" is something very individual. A ranking is more about solid facts, that's way I'd rate this treasure as average.

The Robes of Gaudiness are excellent unless you're doing the Dalaran bank and end up with the last boss of Trade Prince Gallywix, in which case it probably makes the encounter impossible.

Was breezing through Heroic on the Mage but as soon as my hand got too full of coins, it was impossible to do anything, because you can only play two cards at a time. Either get rid of two coins, or play two cards -- and end up with more coins.

Might want to add a note about that.

Guest Gint
On 5/20/2019 at 9:58 AM, WedgeAntilles said:

I agree - it is much too unreliable to be "excellent".

Sure, it can be fun, but "fun" is something very individual. A ranking is more about solid facts, that's way I'd rate this treasure as average.

I would not even rate it average. It is simply bad. Its effects can be terrible: blasting your own minions, burning cards, even triggering when the game is already won. It is too unreliable too depend upon. I would advice not to pick this unless you like some extra rng in your game.

Guest Better than you

Whoever made this guide is an idiot... Elixir of vime is DOGSHIT not average. get your facts straight!

Guest tee

this was fantastic, thank you so much.  thought the format made it super useful

Guest hearthstonegamer1337

"Swampqueen's Call" is actually really strong. If you can reduce its cost to 0 via tavern or spells, you can spam it INFINITELY in one turn. Keep spamming it until you get charge and rush legendary minions to clear the board and deal damage to enemy hero, either acquire lethal or eventually end your turn when you have nothing but high health/damage minions.