FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Damien

[Archived] S7 Hearthstone Basic Rogue Deck

Guest Phry

This deck is pretty good, managed to complete the daily 5wins/1loss. 

Check out this video of the deck in play I made!

My feedback:

Mulligan: perfect.

Turn 1, I think playing Elven Archer on an empty board like that is not optimal. I'd have saved it.

Turn 2, you didn't use your Hero Power (an oversight, I imagine). I'd have equipped the Hero Power weapon and ended turn (not attacking with it).

Turn 3 was probably fine. There were a few different options there, but I think this one you did was certainly solid (it gave you the most board presence).

Turn 4, I agree again. The alternative was to equip a Hero Power weapon and Deadly Poison the minion down, but I feel getting the Yeti out was more important than saving a 2/1.

Turn 5, going for damage is certainly an option, though I personally wouldn't have done it, but that's just preference. My play would have been to save the Deadly Poisons and just use a Hero Power to take out the 1/1 totem.

Turn 6 I believe was a misplay. I would have put the 3/1 into the Flametongue Totem, taken out the Questing Adventurer with the weapon, and played the Boulderfist Ogre. Taking 5 damage to the face as a Rogue is totally not a problem, especially against a clear board and when you're sitting at 30 health. Putting the Ogre out is very powerful, and if the guy couldn't deal with your Yeti, chances are he wouldn't have had an answer for the Ogre either.

Even so, you ended up winning and I don't think these were necessarily wrong decisions (except for the turn 2 ending with full mana and no Hero Power). Good job!

This deck is pretty good, managed to complete the daily 5wins/1loss. 

That's great to hear.

Guest Logan

Hello.  I am only moderately experienced in hearthstone (121 total wins), but I was suprised to see that the basic deck did not use Kobold Geomancer.  I think the card vastly improves the effectiveness of Fan of Knives, along with slighty boosting backstab, making at least 1 worthwhile to add to the deck.  While Azure Drake would be a better option, kobold is not a bad card for 2 mana due to its boost to spell damage.

Hello.  I am only moderately experienced in hearthstone (121 total wins), but I was suprised to see that the basic deck did not use Kobold Geomancer.  I think the card vastly improves the effectiveness of Fan of Knives, along with slighty boosting backstab, making at least 1 worthwhile to add to the deck.  While Azure Drake would be a better option, kobold is not a bad card for 2 mana due to its boost to spell damage.

There's nothing stopping you from adding it, and if it works out for you, all the better. But "objectively" speaking, Kobold Geomancer isn't a very strong minion (2/2 for 2 is pretty poor). The spell damage is not very useful in this deck, since it contains only the two spells you mentioned. If it had Eviscerate, Blade Flurry, and so on, then it might be more efficient. Still, it's not terrible and like I said, you can use if it you like it and it works for you.

Guest T4co

Tbh This deck is good only in practice or ranked mode below level 18. Useless again late game deck. Too much low cards and no way to counter high value cards. I recommend for early beginner only . Change deck as soon as you get good cards

Tbh This deck is good only in practice or ranked mode below level 18. Useless again late game deck. Too much low cards and no way to counter high value cards. I recommend for early beginner only . Change deck as soon as you get good cards

It's a Basic deck, so you're absolutely right. It's not really meant for competitive play, certainly not in any serious way below rank ~18.

Guest Bent

Rogue, is a assasin, and nee card´s that is "FIT" for an assasin. Wich Means somthing that can KILL ( attack ), but there is NO ATTACK WITH OUT DEFENCE, and looking at te hand her, there is NOT much defence.You are VERY Lucky to win that fight, I belive as this will NOT hold 5 min. efter level 10. I try your hand  ( at level 8 - 9 and 10 )just for FUN, and got kill with in ONLY 2 min.LOL.

Sadly  with this game, is that YOU CAN NOT CHOOSE, ow the card´s com´s out. In 1 game, I got a fin hand ( first low rank card´s, and then slowly stronger ) but then in the NeXT game I giot HIGH cards´s. I even tru t replay´s the Cards a few times, but that ditten help much. You can give your "HERO" a few low card´s, like a few TAUNT ( level 1 and 2 in stons ) that can be play, and have a fin game with that, also with and at level 3 - 4 - 5 and 6.and have a fin game. How ever, you need to thing more then taunt in our hand, so a few fighter´s that can attack right away. But in the NeXT round, you may notes that you get a HIGH CARD HAND ( with 3 - 4 ore even more ) levels. Replay´s then may ( ore may not ) help, but you can´t be sure, that that I dont like with this game. My deck is OK, I win most of my game ( 3 out of 5 ) but runnin in to this problem with the diffent card´s in every rund, is hard to understand. Therefor I find that is not to good, to have all to many high Cards in your hnd, but you will not get very fare in to the game, with out them and unlucky enough you can have a few habd with then first. It ( at sompoint ) P*** me off that Icant control, wich Card I will to be lay first, ore at som point, set the hand up so you ( and me ) can be sureyou will have a few low rank Card with in the first rounds.

I DO NOT LIKE YOUR HAND, not ven at level 8, so just for my bluu eyes I hre give the rest of you my hand, wich I ( as I say befor ) win OK with.

Cards for Rogue ( Assasin ) at level 10 nd oer that ( at the momen I am level 22 with this hand, and I do OK with it ( ell compare to how te Cards com´s out )

( level ( round where is possible to play the Card, is mark with eks ( o ) etc.

(0) 1 x Back stab

(1) 1 x Cold Blood

(1) 1 x Deadly poisen

(1) 1 x Sinister strike

(1) 2 x elven Archer 

(2) 1 x betrayel ( YEAH, nice to have. Good Card. Maybe ou my like to have 2 of them, then you can try to take 2 of then and only 1 of the elven. )

(2) 2 x sap

(2) 1 x defies rinleader

(2) 1 x frostwolf grunt

(2) 1 x dire wolf alpha

(3) 1 x perdition blade

(3) 1 x novise engineer

(3) 1 x fan of knives

(3) 1 x Head crack ( the cool thing Aboud this Card, is that it coms back to your hand, wich Means that you can play it Again. YEAH! )

(3) 2 x earthen ring farseer

(3)´1 x shattered sun cleric

(3) 1 x SI:7 agant

(4) 1 x chillwind yeti

(4) 1 x gnomich inventer

(4) 1 x sen´jin shieldmaster

(5) 1 x assasins blade

(5) 2 x assassinate

(6) 2 x priestess of elane

(6) 1 x sunwalker

(8) 1 Gruul

This is my hand and have been sins level 12. I win 3 out 5 play, so I think this is a FAIR HAND

Maybe you like it, maybe not. Try out this hand and see if it is somthing for you

Good luck out there

(

Of course, it cannot compete at around levelt 10. This is a basic deck overall. If you want a high-level competitive rogue deck you might want to have a look at the legendary/epic decks.

Nice deck - i was able to finish daily quest with it. I just made a small tweak - replaced River Crocolisk with Bloodsail Raider. Stats are same, but Bloodsail Raider have nice bonus which is stacking verry well with weapon. It's realy suprise sometimes and may make oponent to do "big eyes" wink.png

I have few rogue cards which I'll be trying to mixin to this deck: Cold Blood, Defias Ringleader, Eviscerate and Headcrack. I just don't know what (or if it's worth) to replace ... maybe get rid of Elven Archer ?

Next thing is that I'm thinking to drop Sprint in a favor of Ravenholdt Assassin. Cost for 4 cards draw is way to high, and the draw will almost not guarantee that in turn 8 I'll be able to make 7 damage and still have valuable minion on board.

Have You any advises?

Edited by barata

You should check low budget versions of rogue decks and you will see, which cards you should start introducing to your deck. Eviscerate and perhaps a Defias Ringleader would be a good start. Ravenholdt Assassin may seem appealing, however it will often get 1 attack off and die during your opponent's turn, while 4 cards you can get from sprint can often make a much bigger difference.

Guest Dave

Hey, I just wanted to mention that at the bottom of the Basic Rogue Deck explination, you mention the only 2 rogue specific cards you leave out are Vanish and Sinister Strike, but I noticed Shiv is not included either.

Hey, I just wanted to mention that at the bottom of the Basic Rogue Deck explination, you mention the only 2 rogue specific cards you leave out are Vanish and Sinister Strike, but I noticed Shiv is not included either.

You are right, we've fixed that. Thank you!

Guest Sma

I can't win a game at level 20 with this deck, for what it is worth.

Sign in to follow this