FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Damien

[Archived] S8 Hearthstone Basic Warrior Deck

Its bad deck. Not enough minions

This is a bad feedback. Not enough details to be constructive. :)

• Like 1

Agreed. Are you using weapons to take down enemy minions? Your minions should focus on the opposing hero while you kill alot of their minions with weapons, letting you maintain board control. Its normal in most lower warrior decks for your hero to take dmg. The goal is normally to take down their hero first, only targeting their power minions if need be.

Even though this doesnt pertain to this deck I actually have a low budget agro war question. Why are kol'kron elites not incld? For me id rather have them over dark iron dwarves or even 1 less harvest golem. Is it the low health cost or higher mana cost? Im just thinking be able to charge for 4 guarenteed dmg seems better to me. Just wanted someone elses opinion.

Agreed. Are you using weapons to take down enemy minions? Your minions should focus on the opposing hero while you kill alot of their minions with weapons, letting you maintain board control. Its normal in most lower warrior decks for your hero to take dmg. The goal is normally to take down their hero first, only targeting their power minions if need be.

Even though this doesnt pertain to this deck I actually have a low budget agro war question. Why are kol'kron elites not incld? For me id rather have them over dark iron dwarves or even 1 less harvest golem. Is it the low health cost or higher mana cost? Im just thinking be able to charge for 4 guarenteed dmg seems better to me. Just wanted someone elses opinion.

Regarding your first paragraph, I agree of course. I'd even say that top-tier Warrior decks (that use weapons and not some combo to 1-2 shot the opponent) take massive amounts of damage. That's just how the Warrior rolls, and if you try to hold on to your health you'll lose the board and the game.

Regarding your second point, I think you can include Kor'kron Elites, they aren't terrible, but they just don't really fit into the deck very well. Elites are pretty solid cards, for sure. The problem with them is that they usually die right away. You wouldn't (well, you certainly shouldn't) play a Kor'kron Elite to attack the opponent's hero (unless you're going to do lethal damage with it). So, you use Kor'kron Elites (like most chargers) to deal damage to a minion. Most of the time, the Kor'kron Elite will trade 1-for-1 with the card it is attacking. Very rarely will you get to attack something with less than 3 attack.

The Dark Iron Dwarf is very nice because it often serves a similar purpose to the Elite, which is helping you get rid of an opposing minion. But unlike the Elite, the Dwarf empowers an existing weak minion, and the Dwarf survives on top of it all. And it actually has more health than the Elite.

For example, compare the two scenarios. Your opponent has an Acidic Swamp Ooze on the board and you have a Novice Engineer. If you use your Kor'kron Elite to take the Ooze out, you lose the Elite and get a 1-for-1 trade. If you use the Dark Iron Dwarf to buff your Novice Engineer, you get the trade (you lose the Novice Engineer that already had its Battlecry, and that's really only half of a minion anyway) and you end up with a 4/4 minion on the board!

Again, don't get me wrong, Elite is not a bad choice and you can definitely try it out. It's just not really good enough to replace any of the cards in that deck, I think.

Makes sense. I think i just have a bad taste in my mouth from an arena match. Priest vs War (ME). Priest had 2 health left with no minions out. i had 6 health left with no minions out. i drew a dark iron dwarf however it wouldnt let me play it since i had no other minions to give the 2 attack. i had to pass and priest played a minion that ended up giving them the win.

Makes sense. I think i just have a bad taste in my mouth from an arena match. Priest vs War (ME). Priest had 2 health left with no minions out. i had 6 health left with no minions out. i drew a dark iron dwarf however it wouldnt let me play it since i had no other minions to give the 2 attack. i had to pass and priest played a minion that ended up giving them the win.

You can play Dark Iron Dwarf regardless of the board state. If there are no minions on the board, you can just play it and it won't even ask for a target. If only the opponent has minions, you can buff one of them. The buff only lasts for that turn, so by the time it is the opponent's turn, the buff is gone :)

hmm i wonder if its just glitched for me. iv tried to play this card many times and it only ever seems to be playable when theres a minion to buff. It made no sense to be since you can play a shattered sun cleric without buffing another minion. Ill report this under games issues. Actually its the reason iv been using spellbreakers over the dwarves. figured i can at least always play them and can silence minions taunts and some of their best chars.

hmm i wonder if its just glitched for me. iv tried to play this card many times and it only ever seems to be playable when theres a minion to buff. It made no sense to be since you can play a shattered sun cleric without buffing another minion. Ill report this under games issues. Actually its the reason iv been using spellbreakers over the dwarves. figured i can at least always play them and can silence minions taunts and some of their best chars.

You can cast it on an enemy minion as well and it will lose the buff at the end of the turn anyway. :)

You can cast it on an enemy minion as well and it will lose the buff at the end of the turn anyway. smile.png

You're almost a day late!

• Like 1

You're almost a day late!

Oh god... True story. I wanted to make my first useful comment on Hearthstone and this happens! :(

Guest Guest

This is very bad deck regardless to type of play you chose. Weapons you have are not enought to keep board control and minions are not able to do any serious damage to the enemy. Plus there is no late game so if you fail to decimate your opponent in a first few rounds you can give up cos the chance of victory is falling rapidly after 5 turn.

This is a basic deck and it is competitive. Its not meant to get you to a top 3 rank. Its meant to make the best of the most basic cards that everyone owns. The problem you may be having is that most people are playing this game alot, improviing their decks constantly. I would think alot of people are playing low to mid budget decks at this point. You should be picking a hero you want to focus on and playing arena/using arcane dust to make better cards to construct a better deck. I think this and every other basic deck does what they are supposed to do, giving you a chance to win with no great cards.

The low budget agro war deck is very good and applies tons of pressure. Im sitting at rank 17 right now and i have a mix between the basic deck and the low budget deck (have the gorehowl, need more rares). Try to work on that deck and I think you will be pleased.

Guest LordDeth

Tried this deck today with lvl10 Warrior. Not terrible, but I lost several times to aggro decks. Swapped out Acidic Swamp Ooze (x2) for Ironfur Grizzly and Fen Creeper and started winning.

BTW, thanks for this site. Use it all-the-frickin-time for WoW, and now for Hearthstone!

Tried this deck today with lvl10 Warrior. Not terrible, but I lost several times to aggro decks. Swapped out Acidic Swamp Ooze (x2) for Ironfur Grizzly and Fen Creeper and started winning.

BTW, thanks for this site. Use it all-the-frickin-time for WoW, and now for Hearthstone!

Oh, you can surely make some swaps. This deck isn't really based too much around whatever the current meta is (and right now it's a pretty aggressive one), so putting in a card or two that help with what's going on is a good idea.

Thanks for the comment!

Guest Aphala

I like it, nice and balanced not overly stuffed with minions and lack of warrior based cards and not overly pumped with Warrior spesific cards.

Pros ~

- Well Balanced

- Good backup assurance so you can slam low cost creeps if you need too

- Enough Warrior cards to give you enough to destroy legederies if faced with them

- EXECUTE <3

- Could do with optional removal of Execute and replace with charge if the user feels strong enough to run without it

Cons ~

- Can easily be shut down by a well versed Warlock/Priest (I know it's a beginer deck)

- Not much I can find, works like a charmtt

Guest Arc

No offence to author of this deck but... It's too stupid playstyle. Anyone who any removals can easly destroy you. No cards draws (Novice engineer isn't enough) are making you lose. I know it's basic deck but come'n. Imo you can't win anything with that, it's NOT balanced at all. Strategy to destroy enemy minions with weapons when your ones rush? Good with real warrior deck, not with this one where you are killing yourself by doing that.

No offence to author of this deck but... It's too stupid playstyle. Anyone who any removals can easly destroy you. No cards draws (Novice engineer isn't enough) are making you lose. I know it's basic deck but come'n. Imo you can't win anything with that, it's NOT balanced at all. Strategy to destroy enemy minions with weapons when your ones rush? Good with real warrior deck, not with this one where you are killing yourself by doing that.

It's a basic deck, what did you expect? Why don't you propose an improvement instead of criticizing like this?

Guest Sipper

So I have been trying this deck out for grinding and what I came to a conclusion is that it is very hard to beat a priest or a paladin. Unless its a agro paladin then its possible. I usually win when I play against shamans mostly. I took out the 2 whirlwind and added thrallmar parseer and an extra ironforge rifleman.You basically have to use the fiery war axe to kill early minions and I don't usually save the elven archer for execute because I usually have shattered sun cleric to buff it to 2/2 not great but it makes the opponent to have to deal with it and in the beginning its pretty hard to put monsters out that will survive your fiery axe. Plus you got the ironforge for execute. So for the beginning hand I would try to get fiery war axe elven archer and shattered sun cleric, and if you second . Even gotta use the Arcanite Reaper on minions too, what I see myself using it most on is senjin shieldmasta. (When I play against a priest or paladin I usually give up after the 5th turn, unless I have board control even then most of the time I lose out in the end.) 

Sorry if its hard to understand LOL

Guest TheGoodJeans

This is very bad deck regardless to type of play you chose. Weapons you have are not enought to keep board control and minions are not able to do any serious damage to the enemy. Plus there is no late game so if you fail to decimate your opponent in a first few rounds you can give up cos the chance of victory is falling rapidly after 5 turn.

I just wanna point this out, aggro warriors don't really survive late game...that's the point of the aggro. Take the enemy out QUICK with lots of direct damage and selective control. Ideally you should get the job done before turn 5 or six...god willing. To that end I have had lots of success with this deck, plus, it also makes a good foundation to build more advanced decks once you get better cards.

Guest cannonballkuriboh

I just played a low budget variant on this deck, and easily ranked up to 20 with it. It is not perfect, but it is resilient. All I added was 2 each of Leper Gnome, Harvest Golem, Ironbeak Owl, and Loot Hoarder, which is extremely budget, and none of these are "power" cards. I think the worst match I played was a Coldlight Oracle Rogue deck that tried to win through fatigue. I did win that one, but I think this deck is well positioned against "fair" decks, as opposed to being a little shaky to "unfair" or "gimmick" decks.

Guest Avarice85

This deck doesn't work well.. I played about 7 games. won 2 of them.. Mostly because the composition of the deck.  It gets in its own way.  

You might have all your +1 damage battle cry minions, but you'll never get your Kill damaged minion card because its jammed up in the rest of the deck.  The deck, theoritically, can handle many bad specific situations that you can be put in.  Whether that be you need to clear a board of minions, kill a high dmg/high HP enemy minion, etc ,etc.   But you basically have to draw lucky in order to get through those situations.  

The games I did win were because all my charge minions draw early, with weapons.  And i used cleave to kill early tanks.  And it was obvious my opponent drew nothing but late game cards - which he did not survive to draw.  

This deck just trips over its own feet. 

Guest simon

good basic deck managed to get rank 15 with a bit of luck. don't expect to get more than that

I had no Idea how to build a good deck in the beginning, and my tries were terrible. Your decks really helped me out, I won about 90% of the games of the games I played with them. They also kinda showed me how to build a good deck, I built a some kind of a control-aggro-mix-deck which contains many cards you used and a few expert cards; it works quite well too.

Thank you!

Very cool, this is basically what I was working with for my initial War deck, but adding Cleric/Archer's really helped. Thanks!

Sign in to follow this