Damien

[Archived] S15 Hearthstone Low Budget Warrior Aggro Deck

Sign in to follow this  

31 posts in this topic

This thread is for comments about our Low Budget Warrior Aggro Deck.

this deck sucks. It assumes opponent is a complete retard and doesn't ever use any board clears. In reality this deck runs out of cards by turn 7 then gg.  I am just curious if decks posted here are ever tested or is it just a bunch of theorycrafting?

this deck sucks. It assumes opponent is a complete retard and doesn't ever use any board clears. In reality this deck runs out of cards by turn 7 then gg.  I am just curious if decks posted here are ever tested or is it just a bunch of theorycrafting?

They are tested. The player who maintains these decks has been Legend rank during Season 1 (and I believe also Season 2). In fact, you can find him listed on several of Blizzard's "top 100 players" posts for Europe.

The decks are tested against live opponents, and they do work (appropriately for their budget range, of course). But you have to realize that for the deck to work as it is meant to, it needs to be played properly. This means you, as the player, need to make more or less correct decisions during gameplay.

I don't understand why you say that this deck assumes your opponent never uses board clears. 13 (so almost half) of the cards in this deck are completely impervious to board-clearing spells. 2 more (the Leper Gnomes) don't really care about being cleared away, since they have a Deathrattle that's pretty good. Some of the other minions are expendable (the Novice Engineers, the Cruel Taskmasters). If they get hit by a board-clear, then it's no big deal.

This deck is not a deck you should play by trying to over-extend on the board playing all your minions. And in any case, you always need to be mindful of any potential board-clearing spells that your opponent might have, and playing around them.

Just as Mike said earlier, this deck is extremely weak and fails at turn 7. That seems to be the exact same point in which this deck runs out of gas against any opponent with a decent draw or board clear. Ultimately you are left watching tremendous early game pressure turn around in a crushing defeat.

Just as Mike said earlier, this deck is extremely weak and fails at turn 7. That seems to be the exact same point in which this deck runs out of gas against any opponent with a decent draw or board clear. Ultimately you are left watching tremendous early game pressure turn around in a crushing defeat.

Isn't the point of an aggro deck to kill your opponent before turn 7 anyway? Or at least pretty close to that. As aggro, you're main focus is to rush him down ASAP.

Isn't the point of an aggro deck to kill your opponent before turn 7 anyway? Or at least pretty close to that. As aggro, you're main focus is to rush him down ASAP.

I completely agree with your perception of the goal. The issue with this deck is that by turn 6 you'll often be completely spent while your opponent still has enough hp (usually 6-8) to last through your lack of mid-late and defeat you. I won't claim to be a pro with this deck, but I definitely encountered the same issues as Mike. After playing approximately 12 games in a row with this deck, I found that I often didn't have quite enough to finish off the foe. Now I won't lie. There were three games in there where the deck was nearly perfect and the game ended very quickly. Unfortuntely, this was not the norm. In total, I believe I lost 8 of those 12 games in the fashion described.

I would also like to add that most of the opponents I faced were able to lay at least two inexpensive taunts (Goldshire Footman or Shieldbearer). Because you HAVE to deal with these cards and probably don't have an execute, you are forced into using much of your early game pressure to open up the board. One or two taunts can really crush this deck.

Last night I changed out both the amani beserkers for warsong commanders and i was seeing better results. Since most of the minons in this deck are low mana cost/3 or less dmg, it provided me with control with minions to take out theirs immediately or giving me an attack immediately. I love when the amani is enraged,however they are super easy to kill and usually opponents have wised up to them and what they can do so they make sure to get rid of them. Having charge on my harvest golem, i was able to take out one of their legendaries hitting it, then using execute, then still being able to charge their hero with the 2/1 summoned minion. It just felt more natural on a deck like this that is very quick attack based to have alot of minions able to charge. Im only at rank 17 currently so not sure about better ranked teams but just wanted thoughts on why warsong commanders were not included in this deck.

I figured how id give examples of why this worked for me. One of the opponents I played last night was a mage. Turn 6 comes and the board is clear except for me having a warsong commander. Mage plays a 3/3 beast with taunt and arcane intellect and then passes. i play fiery war axe and kill the bear with my war, play a leper gnome and a shattered sun cleric and buff the commander. All now can attack this turn before the mage can play and they deal 8 dmg to the mage. If i didnt have the commander, the gnome may never have ability to attack due to mages power, or they could all have been a victim of flamestrike getting no dmg out of any of them. Now the mage basically took 10 dmg (2 from leper gnome dying) compared to 5 (killing leper gnome, and getting hit from buffed commander).

The 3 opponents i played last night were lock, druid, mage (last two can use hero power to kill 1 dmg minions easily). Looking at the low budget agro deck, there are 2 leper gnomes and 2 nov eng, both dont have great chance to make it to next turn. With a oommander out, and being able to charge with these, they now would overall do 12 dmg to a druid or 10 to a mage, whereas if they didnt have charge (and assuming opponent uses hero power on them next turn) would only do 6 dmg to druid and 4 to a mage. To me this is insane and can completely apply crazy pressure without using any special minions. When i played the druid last night, within maybe 5-6 turns i was at 30 hp and 2 shield to his 4 hp. I may just be getting lucky but these are reasons why im curious the commanders arent used in this deck.

Edited by Roided

The 6-8 HP left at the end of the game is easily remedied by swapping out the Dark Iron Dwarf and another card of your choice for two Mortal Strikes.

Warrior is my worst class.  I do well with pretty much anyone else, but after failing horribly with this class I started copying decks I've found online that purport to be amazing and carry players to epic rankings.  After trying about 6 such decks and not once besting 20% win rate, I stumbled across this deck.

Haven't played it a ton yet, but at about 80% wins, and loving this deck very much.  Thank you for posting... my warrior troubles seem like they might be coming to an end.

Warrior is my worst class.  I do well with pretty much anyone else, but after failing horribly with this class I started copying decks I've found online that purport to be amazing and carry players to epic rankings.  After trying about 6 such decks and not once besting 20% win rate, I stumbled across this deck.

Haven't played it a ton yet, but at about 80% wins, and loving this deck very much.  Thank you for posting... my warrior troubles seem like they might be coming to an end.

I'm glad you like it and if you enjoy playing warriors, you should definitely try the control version once.

Yeah, I have to agree.  I lost about 75% with this deck.  Granted, if it draws just right, it's great, but my goal isn't to win huge 25% of the time and lose the rest.  If your opponent has any taunt cards of any strength, you're all done.  Likewise, if he's got a bunch of cards that increase the stats of his other minions, you're all done.  Basically, if he put any thought into how his deck works, you're screwed.  Not worth the frustration.

I tried this deck and ran into the same problem. A simple taunt or anything like that can be your death. I'm certainly no pro, but any mid aggro deck with a little bit of control should be able to deal with this deck. I find it also very dependend on card draw, if you have a bad draw you loose after a while because you run out of steam.

Same problem here. I had a ratio of WinVsLoss 3/8

You just run out of cards right before being able to finish your oponent. Also useless with decks with some early taunts as already said. The idea is nice and when you win is cool becouse you crush your oponent... but that doesnt hapen often.

Also if you have the amazing luck to have all the proper cards at the begining its hard to lose... but again that just doesnt hapen too often.

I tried running this deck today in casual to warm up with it and had great success.  Won 5 straight and now Im looking to enter ranked with it.  Thanks for the deck.

The deck has been updated, making Gorehowl no longer an issue. Let us know if you guys are running into any issues, or if you have any questions.

Hey, just for the record; as there was a lot of tight ass bitching going on in this thread. This is the first constructed deck I've ran since I started playing (been playing since beta, but just running arenas.) Never played ranked. Would like to say that at this point I'm 30/8 (w/l) with this deck and bombed up to ranked 12. (Considering my goal was just to get the card back, that was done effortlessly...)

The only time I've lost significantly lost with it is against faster warlock aggro (3 losses) or heavy Mage controls (3 losses) - (the seventh was a Druid who force of nature/savage roar rofl stomped me - the eighth was a board heavy paladin, the one time I've regretted skipping the brawls because of funds.)

Now obviously, my deta is balanced over against the fact I just chump bombed through low power decks and I'm waiting to see where it actually hits the wall and I stop rank sprinting. But for my first constructed deck, it's been really fun and clean near-auto pilot deck. Great work poyo!

(Due to me refusing to put money into hearthstone and having basically zero interest in constructed until this week, my lower budget caused the following mods in my current variation: skipped running the two brawls; instead running two Warsong Commander. I'm not noticing the missing brawls because it's so very rare I'm in a situation where I'm behind in board advantage. Not sure how this'll go as the rankings tighten their control capability. As for the inclusion on the Warsong Commander, I find it baits if their removal often such that I'm then much more secure playing my frothing berserkers, and the times it gets to resolve and stand; it just gives me such a dominating lead with the rest of the minions. Particularly with Southsea Deckhand synergy!)

TL;DR? Point of this post: This deck is wicked cheap and wicked powerful and I'm shocked to see so much hate for it in the comments and having piloted it myself, I'm inclined to say the people bitching don't know how to play aggro style decks... I have no idea how well it does in the upper rankings/legendary league; I imagine poorly, but for a super cheap "my first deck" stumble into ranked play, it's been a beauty...

Don't really know the hate on this deck. Just wanted to pass by and say that it totally rocks! Just have to pressure properly from the start and with all those charge and weapons in this deck as removal, it really suits my style. 

I can really earn gold fast with all these rush win games that can afford my arena entrance.

Hey, just for the record; as there was a lot of tight ass bitching going on in this thread. This is the first constructed deck I've ran since I started playing (been playing since beta, but just running arenas.) Never played ranked. Would like to say that at this point I'm 30/8 (w/l) with this deck and bombed up to ranked 12. (Considering my goal was just to get the card back, that was done effortlessly...)

The only time I've lost significantly lost with it is against faster warlock aggro (3 losses) or heavy Mage controls (3 losses) - (the seventh was a Druid who force of nature/savage roar rofl stomped me - the eighth was a board heavy paladin, the one time I've regretted skipping the brawls because of funds.)

Now obviously, my deta is balanced over against the fact I just chump bombed through low power decks and I'm waiting to see where it actually hits the wall and I stop rank sprinting. But for my first constructed deck, it's been really fun and clean near-auto pilot deck. Great work poyo!

(Due to me refusing to put money into hearthstone and having basically zero interest in constructed until this week, my lower budget caused the following mods in my current variation: skipped running the two brawls; instead running two Warsong Commander. I'm not noticing the missing brawls because it's so very rare I'm in a situation where I'm behind in board advantage. Not sure how this'll go as the rankings tighten their control capability. As for the inclusion on the Warsong Commander, I find it baits if their removal often such that I'm then much more secure playing my frothing berserkers, and the times it gets to resolve and stand; it just gives me such a dominating lead with the rest of the minions. Particularly with Southsea Deckhand synergy!)

TL;DR? Point of this post: This deck is wicked cheap and wicked powerful and I'm shocked to see so much hate for it in the comments and having piloted it myself, I'm inclined to say the people bitching don't know how to play aggro style decks... I have no idea how well it does in the upper rankings/legendary league; I imagine poorly, but for a super cheap "my first deck" stumble into ranked play, it's been a beauty...

Don't really know the hate on this deck. Just wanted to pass by and say that it totally rocks! Just have to pressure properly from the start and with all those charge and weapons in this deck as removal, it really suits my style. 

I can really earn gold fast with all these rush win games that can afford my arena entrance.

Thank you very much for your comments, guys :)

The Strategy section discusses Ironbeak Owl, but it is not listed in the deck.  Was this removed in a deck update?

I don't mean to hijack this thread, but since you seem to have tested aggro warrior decks, can you give me advice on this semi-budget aggro deck?

1 WW

1 Leper Gnome

2 Elven Archers

2 Fiery War Axe

1 Bloodsail Corsair

2 Armani Berserkers

2 Cruel Taskmasters

2 Battle Rage

1 Commanding Shout

1 Owl

1 Faerie Dragon

1 Frothing Berserker

1 Raging Worgen

1 Harvest Golem

2 Warsong Commanders

2 Amani Weaponsmiths

2 Kor kron Elite

1 Leeroy Jenkins

1 Arcanite Reaper

2 Gurubashi Berserker

I got lucky with picking up Leeroy, but still looking into the rest.  So far seems ok.  I have respectable card draw with Battle Rage and WW unlocks a lot of combos.  Any pointers or noticeable weaknesses?  I was thinking of removing the Gurubashi for either Argent commanders when I get them or another Frothing/Worgen.

• I haven't played this deck more than 6 rounds (I did so yesterday). And I made 1-2 swap I believe, games down and I can't remember the exact deck, but I personally had good luck with it. I like to play rogues so I am used to rushing and attacking with me hero a lot and that is where this deck excels. Yes, taunts can be troublesome and sometimes removal is not there, but that is just luck of the draw. Ya know...just like every deck in the game tongue.png

I don't mean to hijack this thread, but since you seem to have tested aggro warrior decks, can you give me advice on this semi-budget aggro deck?

1 WW

1 Leper Gnome

2 Elven Archers

2 Fiery War Axe

1 Bloodsail Corsair

2 Armani Berserkers

2 Cruel Taskmasters

2 Battle Rage

1 Commanding Shout

1 Owl

1 Faerie Dragon

1 Frothing Berserker

1 Raging Worgen

1 Harvest Golem

2 Warsong Commanders

2 Amani Weaponsmiths

2 Kor kron Elite

1 Leeroy Jenkins

1 Arcanite Reaper

2 Gurubashi Berserker

I got lucky with picking up Leeroy, but still looking into the rest.  So far seems ok.  I have respectable card draw with Battle Rage and WW unlocks a lot of combos.  Any pointers or noticeable weaknesses?  I was thinking of removing the Gurubashi for either Argent commanders when I get them or another Frothing/Worgen.

Gurubashi is pretty bad, you indeed should swap it out. Personally, I would also take out Commanding Shout for an extra Owl if often matched against taunters. 2nd Frothing would be great as well as 2nd Arcanite Reaper.

Try to play a few games with the deck we are offering and you might discover that Battle Rage is not needed and it often causes the delay when you should be pressuring your opponent instead.

Sign in to follow this