FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
positiv2

Tombs of Terror Reno Jackson

Guest Guest 1001010

Hey guys bob's bouncer I believe is much more powerful than you guys put it in at.  All you have to do is use it on a single solitary minion that is out on the board by itself (whether yours or your enemy's) and then let the single creature win the brawl (it will be the 1 creature that survives) and then your whole board is filled with copies.  For instance your enemy has out a copy of ragnaros and it is the only creature out.  You cast that spell on the rag card and you get 7 ragnaros on your side after his "survives".  I didn't get a chance to use it yet but I think that is how it is supposed to be used.  Or in the alternative then you can use it as an actual brawl board clear if u want to.  If this works then it is excellent pick.  

Hey guys bob's bouncer I believe is much more powerful than you guys put it in at.  All you have to do is use it on a single solitary minion that is out on the board by itself (whether yours or your enemy's) and then let the single creature win the brawl (it will be the 1 creature that survives) and then your whole board is filled with copies.  For instance your enemy has out a copy of ragnaros and it is the only creature out.  You cast that spell on the rag card and you get 7 ragnaros on your side after his "survives".  I didn't get a chance to use it yet but I think that is how it is supposed to be used.  Or in the alternative then you can use it as an actual brawl board clear if u want to.  If this works then it is excellent pick.  

3 hours ago, withersgs said:

Heya - thank you for the feedback. I'll do my best to confirm/deny this before reassessing its rating.

19 hours ago, withersgs said:

Actually that won't work. I tried this and the spell REQUIRES at least 2 minions on the board. So at BEST, you have a 50/50 chance of this being successful.

A few additional points that could be added:

If you get VIP membership, then getting the Hearthstone treasure is REALLY useful since it will give you an ADDITIONAL trip to the tavern. So you can do as much damage as you want safely on the Plague Lord, and then use the Hearthstone. Gives your deck a boost and lets you try the Plague Lord again from where you left off with a fresh deck and hero.

For Ancient Reflections, a very strong combo (which is easy to pull off on the first Plague Lord) is using it on Old Murk-Eye (even if it's an enemy minion). It gives you a board full of charge minions that could be as strong as 15/1 and at least 9/1. That's a face damage potential of 63 to 105.

I think Recycling should be considered Average. Hunter decks in particular are able to generate lots of tiny minions, each of which would provide 2 armor upon death. It also can be greater than First Aid Kit since First Aid Kit is useless to your hero at full health, while armor can go up endlessly. Can also be additional value to armor related cards such as the ones that Warriors tend to have.

Might be worth mentioning that Glyph of Warding can be a good pick against the second Plague Lord as it would make it impossible for that boss to use C'Thun.

• Like 1

Guest Timeturner

Hey, yet another game with 0 interaction from the user. Doesn’t matter what your deck or how you play it unless the computer wants you to win you lose against the final boss. You simply cannot beat it. Nope can’t be done unless the computer decides. All it does is fill the board with 5 manna 8/8s buff them with +2/+2 every turn. EVERY SINGLE TURN. Not just once or twice. Nope EVERY SINGLE TURN full board with +2/+2 buffs sometimes twice or three times a turn. So don’t tell me for a second that their is any skill at all in this so call challenge. Their is no challenge to the final boss. The computer either decides it’s wins or it doesn’t. That’s all their is to it. Endless draw, endless buffs, endless supply of high quality low mana minions. I had a run with an amazing deck, killed all bosses super fast. Final boss, dead inside 3 turns without even an interaction from me. Hey. Fun and engaging mechanics allowing the computer to decide who wins and who doesn't

Jr. Tomb Diver is not a "Good" pick. It is completely useless unless you get Secrets buckets. Even the secret deck only has 3 secrets in it. Without that specific bucket, her ability will never be used. It's only worth picking her once she becomes Sr. Tomb Diver.

Guest Waggles

I'm not sure if Ever-Changing Elixir deserves to be rated as well as it is for Reno. A lot of his best strategies revolve around cards like Flamewaker and Sorcerer's Apprentice and many others, all cards you want to stay on the field rather than turn into random, non-synergetic minions of higher manacost.

On 9/30/2019 at 12:17 PM, Pandragoon said:

Jr. Tomb Diver is not a "Good" pick. It is completely useless unless you get Secrets buckets. Even the secret deck only has 3 secrets in it. Without that specific bucket, her ability will never be used. It's only worth picking her once she becomes Sr. Tomb Diver.

I can confirm this.  I played half a dozen runs optimizing for secrets with the Jr. Tomb Diver and was unable to trigger its effect.  Completely agreed that it is only viable once it becomes Sr.

Okay, I just have to say that I strongly disagree with ranking Disks of Swiftness as a "bad" treasure. Not only is it not bad, it's excellent. I would say that over half of my successful runs had Disks of Swiftness in it, and I probably have the highest success rate with it than any other treasure. Forcing the boss to skip their first two turns allows you to potentially get an enormous advantage early, especially if you have good early game plays and/or mana cost reducers. Even in a worst-case scenario where you don't draw anything you can play early, it still means that the bosses aren't using overpowered cards and hero powers, so you don't fall way behind. It's so good that it's nearly always an auto-pick.

Edited by bbg95