Sorcerer's Apprentice — Mage Card
Table of Contents
Sorcerer's Apprentice is a Mage-only minion. This card can be obtained from expert packs. Below the card images, you will find explanations to help you use the card optimally in every game mode of Hearthstone.
1. General Comments
Sorcerer's Apprentice is a powerful minion. Its stats are in line with other 2-drops and it has a potentially game-changing ability. Reducing costs by 1 Mana is more effective on cheap spells than on expensive ones. As many Mage decks rely on cheap spells, the Apprentice can do a lot of damage if it is not dealt with when played, or if it is held back until the player can cast several spells in one turn.
2. Constructed Play
Sorcerer's Apprentice works very well in Aggro Mage decks (that is to say, Tempo Mage or Secret Mage) in Constructed, as the value of the reduced spell cost can be maximized by playing many cheap spells. The Apprentice is also a key part of Quest Mage, which relies on creating extra Apprentices created by Simulacrum and Molten Reflection to reduce the cost of Fireball to 0 Mana. The deck then plays Archmage Antonidas and Time Warp generated from Open the Waygate to take an extra turn and cast infinite 0 Mana Fireballs at the opponent.
Sorcerer's Apprentice is a good card in Arena. Even with no synergy it is good enough as a vanilla 2-drop, and there should be spots during your run where you get some value out of the reduced cost of your spells to gain control of the board.
4. Icy Veins Decks that Contain this Card
- Aggro Tempo Mage Deck
- Elemental Mage Deck
- Aggro Secret Mage Deck
- Firebat's Aggro Elemental Mage Deck
- Exodia Mage Quest Deck
- Budget Elemental Mage Deck
- Dab's Wild Secret Mage Deck
- Barnes Tempo Mage Deck
- APXVoid's Rank 18 Secret Mage Deck
- Wild Tempo Mage Deck
- Cheap Tempo Mage Wild Deck
- Aggro Freeze Mage Deck
- Yogg Secret Mage Deck
- Secret Mage Deck
- Cheap Shade of Aran Mage Deck (Heroic Mode)
- Curator Mage Deck (Heroic Mode)
- Cheap Zinaar Tempo Mage Deck (Heroic Mode)
- Mid-Budget Omnotron Defense System Mage Deck (Heroic Mode)
- Low-Budget Chromaggus Mage Deck (Heroic Mode)
- PC Gamer Reveals Three Treant-Themed Druid Cards
- Three Exciting Cards Revealed In Hearthside Chat With Peter Whalen
- This Week's Tavern Brawl: Ragnaros' Fire Festival!
- Annoy-o-Module Card Reveal
- The Boomsday Project Full Spoiler Schedule
- Magnetic Hearthside Chat Shows Off New Mechanic, Reveals Four New Cards
- The Midsummer Fire Festival Has Returned
- Menacing Nimbus Card Reveal
- Zoo Warlock
- Control Mage
- Boomsday Project Hub
- Time-Tinker Monster Hunter
- Is the game dying?
- Token Druid
- Even Warrior
- Tracker Monster Hunter