Sorcerer's Apprentice — Mage Card
Table of Contents
Sorcerer's Apprentice is a Mage-only minion. Below the card images, you will find explanations to help you use the card optimally in every game mode of Hearthstone.
Sorcerer's Apprentice is a powerful minion. Its stats are in line with other 2-drops and it has a potentially game-changing ability. Reducing costs by 1 Mana is more effective on cheap spells than on expensive ones. As many Mage decks rely on cheap spells, the Apprentice can do a lot of damage if it is not dealt with when played, or if it is held back until the player can cast several spells in one turn.
Sorcerer's Apprentice works very well in Aggro Mage decks (that is to say, Tempo Mage or Secret Mage) in Constructed, as the value of the reduced spell cost can be maximized by playing many cheap spells. The Apprentice is also a key part of Quest Mage, which relies on creating extra Apprentices created by Simulacrum and Molten Reflection to reduce the cost of to 0 Mana. The deck then plays Archmage Antonidas and generated from Open the Waygate to take an extra turn and cast infinite 0 Mana Fireballs at the opponent.
Sorcerer's Apprentice is a good card in Arena. Even with no synergy it is good enough as a vanilla 2-drop, and there should be spots during your run where you get some value out of the reduced cost of your spells to gain control of the board.
- Icy Veins Launches Genshin Impact Guides Section
- Battle.net Black Friday Sale: Up to 67% Off
- Mike Ybbara on Blizzard's Approach to Meeting Player Demands
- BlizzCon 2023 Stream and Announcements Summary
- BlizzCon 2023 Bingo Collection
- WoW Battle Pet and Hearthstone Card Back Promotion From Warcraft Rumble
- Warcraft Rumble Released a Day Early and Is Rolling Out Now!
- BlizzCon 2023 Broadcast Schedule
- Standard Tier List
- Battlegrounds Special Cards
- Classic Freeze Mage Deck
- Classic Miracle Rogue Deck
- Skeleton Mage Deck