Sorcerer's Apprentice — Mage Card
Table of Contents
Sorcerer's Apprentice is a Mage-only minion. This card can be obtained from expert packs. Below the card images, you will find explanations to help you use the card optimally in every game mode of Hearthstone.
Sorcerer's Apprentice is a powerful minion. Its stats are in line with other 2-drops and it has a potentially game-changing ability. Reducing costs by 1 Mana is more effective on cheap spells than on expensive ones. As many Mage decks rely on cheap spells, the Apprentice can do a lot of damage if it is not dealt with when played, or if it is held back until the player can cast several spells in one turn.
Sorcerer's Apprentice works very well in Aggro Mage decks (that is to say, Tempo Mage or Secret Mage) in Constructed, as the value of the reduced spell cost can be maximized by playing many cheap spells. The Apprentice is also a key part of Quest Mage, which relies on creating extra Apprentices created by Simulacrum and Molten Reflection to reduce the cost of to 0 Mana. The deck then plays Archmage Antonidas and generated from Open the Waygate to take an extra turn and cast infinite 0 Mana Fireballs at the opponent.
Sorcerer's Apprentice is a good card in Arena. Even with no synergy it is good enough as a vanilla 2-drop, and there should be spots during your run where you get some value out of the reduced cost of your spells to gain control of the board.
- Global Battle.net Rolling Out Today
- No BlizzCon Planned for 2021
- IGN Report on Blizzard Departures and the Company's Future, With Insider Info
- From the Vault: The Overwatch Anniversary 2021 Collection Live on the Blizzard Store
- Enthusiast Gaming Acquires Icy Veins
- Activision Blizzard Q1 2021 Earnings Call
- New Leadership for Overwatch After Jeff Kaplan Leaves Blizzard
- David Kim Leaves Blizzard (WoW Principal Designer and Former Diablo 4 Lead Systems Designer)
- Clown Druid Deck - Forged in the Barrens
- Battlegrounds Hero Tier List
- Hmm.. world first?
- Illidan Stormrage Challenge
- Illidan Stormrage challenge impossible in new season
- Houndmaster Monster Hunter
- Hearthstone Gold Guide
- Classic Midrange Combo Druid Deck