Jump to content
FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Starym

Official 8.3 Vulpera and Mechagnome Allied Race Preview

Recommended Posts

clpY7bI.jpg

And here comes the official look into the two new Allied Races coming with patch 8.3, featuring the available classes, the racial abilities, heritage armor and unlock requirements for both Vulpera and Mechagnomes!

Other Patch 8.3 Content:

Blizzard Logo8.3 Allied Race Preview (source)

As the war to safeguard Azeroth’s future escalates, two new playable Allied Races will be ready to take up arms with the Horde and the Alliance—vulpera and mechagnomes—in the next content update.

Vulpera

Vulpera
Vulpera are cunning nomadic scavengers capable of turning what they find into opportunities to thrive.

Clever and resourceful, the vulpera of Vol’dun have survived amidst the sands for generations. Eager to join the ranks of the Horde, their caravans have departed from the dunes in search of adventure.

The serpentine sethrak have taken to subjugating anyone they can as slaves, and the vulpera are an easy target for their machinations. If you’ve taken steps to liberate the vulpera from these overseers, they’ll join the Horde on the battlefield.

Available Classes: Hunter, Mage, Monk, Priest, Rogue, Shaman, Warlock, and Warrior

Racial Traits:

  • Bag of Tricks: Use a trick on an enemy to damage them, or an ally to heal them.
    • Rummage Your Bag: Change the contents of your Bag of Tricks. Now where did you put that… ?
  • Make Camp: Set your camp location outdoors.
    • Return to Camp: Teleport back to your camp location.
  • Nose for Trouble: Take less damage from the first strike inflicted by an enemy.
  • Vulpera Survival Kit: Find extra goods when you loot humanoids.
  • Fire Resistance: Take less damage from fire.

Racial abilities, effects, and icons are subject to change.

TO UNLOCK THIS ALLIED RACE:

  • Reach Exalted with Voldunai
  • Earn Achievement Secrets in the Sands Secrets in the Sands
    • Complete the following Vol’dun storylines: “Unlikely Allies,” “The Warguard’s Fate,” “The Three Keepers,” “Atul’Aman,” “Dangers in the Desert,” “A City of Secrets,” and “Storming the Spire.”

When the next content update goes live, players who’ve completed the requirements will gain access to a quest chain to recruit the vulpera as an Allied Race. Once you complete the chain, you’ll receive the achievement Allied Races: Vulpera and can create a new vulpera on the character selection screen. You’ll also unlock a new mount—the Caravan Hyena—for your collection at character creation, which all of your Horde characters can ride.

NEW HERITAGE ARMOR

Leveling your new vulpera from 20 to 120 will earn a cosmetic Heritage Armor set that is unique to this new Allied Race.

Mechagnomes

Mechagnomes
Scrappy and resourceful, mechagnomes have improved their fleshy forms with top-notch prosthetics.

Though they once sought to mechanize themselves completely, the mechagnomes now seek a balance between flesh and steel. Emerging from years of isolation on Mechagon, they bring both ingenuity and aptitude to the Alliance.

They left Gnomeregan to construct a metal metropolis, Mechagon. However, their once wise and ambitious ruler King Mechagon now ruthlessly rules over them with an iron fist.

Work together with the Rustbolt Resistance to overthrow their tyrant so these mechanical mavericks will join the Alliance.

Available Classes: Hunter, Mage, Monk, Priest, Rogue, Warlock, and Warrior

Racial Traits:

  • Re-Arm: Automatically heal yourself when your health drops to a low life total.
  • Combat Analysis: Get stronger as you fight the same enemy.
  • Hyper Organic Light Originator: Summon decoys of yourself to distract foes.
  • Skeleton Pinkie: Open locked chests.
  • Mastercraft: Function as a personal set of crafting tools for professions.

Racial abilities, effects, and icons are subject to change.

TO UNLOCK THIS ALLIED RACE:

  • Reach Exalted with the Rustbolt Resistance
  • Earn Achievement The Mechagonian Threat The Mechagonian Threat
    • Complete the following Mechagon Island quests: “The Legend of Mechagon,” “A Quick Ear Hustle,” “This is Our Vault Now,” “Let’s Get It Started,” “You Must be This Height,” “Machinations for Mechagon,” “Only the Best Will Do,” “To Mechagon!,” “Prospectus Bay,” “We Come in Peace…and Profit,” “The Resistance Needs YOU!,” “Rescuing the Resistance,” “My Father’s Armies,” “We Can Fix It,” “Drill Rig Construction,” “Send My Father a Message,” “Welcome to the Resistance,” “Operation: Mechagon – The Mechorginator.”

When the next content update goes live, players who’ve completed the requirements will gain access to a quest chain to recruit the mechagnomes as an Allied Race. Once you complete the chain, you’ll receive the achievement Allied Races: Mechagnomes and can create a new mechagnome on the character selection screen. You’ll also unlock a new mount—the Mechagon Mechanostrider—for your collection at character creation, which all of your Alliance characters can ride.

NEW HERITAGE ARMOR

Leveling your new mechagnome from 20 to 120 will earn a cosmetic Heritage Armor set that is unique to this new Allied Race.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So.... pretty much every class for both.

A few specific racials just seem insane.
For Vulpera: Make Camp: Set your camp location outdoors. Return to Camp: Teleport back to your camp location. That sounds INSANE for leveling in any area that happens to be outdoors. Camp near the questing hub, go do things, port back. It's a light version of a hearth. Cooldown/range will matter, but even if it's pretty close you can just camp outside of the town/cave you're going into farm then warp out.

For the Mechagnomes, Re-Arm: When you fall below 20% health, heal for 20% of your maximum health. This effect cannot occur more than once every 1.5 min. Obviously amazing for tanks as another "oh *filtered*" button in raids, but also useful for DPS that might get overlooked on raid heals.
Combat Analysis: You gather and analyze combat data every 5 sec, increasing your primary stat by 50, stacking up to 8 times. The data decays while out of combat. so... 400 bonus stats in ever raid fight? Yeah, sounds balanced...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I really hate how (like 4 expansions ago?) Blizzard reverted to "Patch notes for dummies".

Instead of giving us the actual values, we get "You take less damage from the first hit", or "Heal (for an unspecified amount) when you get low in health (another unspecified amount) (on an unspecified cooldown)."

It's so hard to judge how good or bad the racials really are when it's all left so stupidly vague.

edit: To the poster above, did someone already find those values in datamining?    Or are you just estimating?

Edited by Migol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Vulpera

1 good racial trait

 

Mechagnomes

All great racial traits..

wonder if since Vulpera get monk if Goblins will get it soon or maybe next xpac

Edited by Borgoff33

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I like both of these, even though it gives Horde another shaman without giving the Alliance another paladin or shaman. Right now it breaks down to:

  • Horde will now have 8 shaman races and 3 paladins
  • Alliance will now have 5 shaman races and 5 paladin races

Not exactly the one-for-one balance they established in TBC. Realistically, if they opened one more preexisting Alliance race up to paladin (Night Elves could work, given the "Light of Elune" narrative) it could balance out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Borgoff33 said:

Vulpera

1 good racial trait

 

Mechagnomes

All great racial traits..

QFT..... I made comment on wowhead about how it seems alliance allied races seem to keep getting far better racials 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, durdyenglish said:

I like both of these, even though it gives Horde another shaman without giving the Alliance another paladin or shaman. Right now it breaks down to:

  • Horde will now have 8 shaman races and 3 paladins
  • Alliance will now have 5 shaman races and 5 paladin races

Not exactly the one-for-one balance they established in TBC. Realistically, if they opened one more preexisting Alliance race up to paladin (Night Elves could work, given the "Light of Elune" narrative) it could balance out.

It's rather funny how almost every race can become monks (except for Worgen, Goblins and Lightforged Draenei due to reasons), almost as soon as they are encountered. I guess there is Pandaren teacher lurking behind every corner, they must be very fast with sharing their knowledge and mastery over spiritual energy. But a priest being taught some fighting techniques with weapons, becoming a paladin... That's ridiculous and impossible!

The races I could see becoming a paladin: Night Elf, Kul Tiran, Gnome, Mechagnome. Even shaman seems probable for Gnomes, if Goblins and Vulpera can become one.

Edited by Arcling

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Arcling said:

It's rather funny how almost every race can become monks (except for Worgen, Goblins and Lightforged Draenei due to reasons), almost as soon as they are encountered. I guess there is Pandaren teacher lurking behind every corner, they must be very fast with sharing their knowledge and mastery over spiritual energy. But a priest being taught some fighting techniques with weapons, becoming a paladin... That's ridiculous and impossible!

The races I could see becoming a paladin: Night Elf, Kul Tiran, Gnome, Mechagnome. Even shaman seems probable for Gnomes, if Goblins and Vulpera can become one.

Yea really once they added goblins as shamans and tauren as paladins, all bets were off.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm honestly disappointed that the mechagnomes are cyborgs instead of machines. The fully mechanical gnomes looked so much cooler to me, with their metallic bodies and glowing eyes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Monlyth said:

I'm honestly disappointed that the mechagnomes are cyborgs instead of machines. The fully mechanical gnomes looked so much cooler to me, with their metallic bodies and glowing eyes.

Honestly something about the cyborg gnomes creep me out and I just can't put my finger on it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, IronmanBG said:

If I'm exalted with Rustbolt resistance on Horde character, will I be able to create a Mechagnom ?!

If the achievement is account-wide then yes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Stan said:

If the achievement is account-wide then yes.

Yes both achi's are acc wide but would need to do the unlock quest too which would be ally only I assume.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Laragon said:

So.... pretty much every class for both.

A few specific racials just seem insane.
For Vulpera: Make Camp: Set your camp location outdoors. Return to Camp: Teleport back to your camp location. That sounds INSANE for leveling in any area that happens to be outdoors. Camp near the questing hub, go do things, port back. It's a light version of a hearth. Cooldown/range will matter, but even if it's pretty close you can just camp outside of the town/cave you're going into farm then warp out.

For the Mechagnomes, Re-Arm: When you fall below 20% health, heal for 20% of your maximum health. This effect cannot occur more than once every 1.5 min. Obviously amazing for tanks as another "oh *filtered*" button in raids, but also useful for DPS that might get overlooked on raid heals.
Combat Analysis: You gather and analyze combat data every 5 sec, increasing your primary stat by 50, stacking up to 8 times. The data decays while out of combat. so... 400 bonus stats in ever raid fight? Yeah, sounds balanced...

 

Draenei get more then that though with their racial - Believe it's at 425. It's also constant, and doesn't decay.

Draenei are actually the best comparision atm for racial power, since theirs also heals for 20% health, but is targeted (Usable on anyone), 3 minute CD.

Mechagnome's heal racial will be useful in PvE for tanking, and maybe M+, but not so useful for other characters - Very few mechanics bring you below 20% health in raids without it either being a burst (So your healers have time to heal everyone) or a wipe (So you only delay the inevitable when the Boss goes up to smack you in the face).

More useful in PvP, but there are a few classes that can burst you in a single ability for the remainder of that 20%.

For the Vulpera, we don't know the exact bag of tricks yet. It could just be flat damage or healing. Or it could be a wide variety of options - A nuke, a burst heal, a shield, a stun, blessing of freedom, ect. Have to see.

And speaking of the utility options, the Mechgnomes option is really only a solid choice if you are a blacksmith, engineer, or mining. Everybody has toy campfires now. The whole multi-tool lets you save anywhere from 2 tools (If you don't have a gnomish army knife) to 0 (Herbalism/Alchemy).

Sure, lock-picking is nice, but on the other hand, Mecha-Rogues don't have a 5th racial with that!

The biggest thing is how the clone thing works - If it's just like Mirror Image, then it's somewhat decent, and Mechagnomes are a solid tank race - Not as good as KT, but solid (And KT aren't that popular). If it's wonky, then who knows?

Still, nothing to scream OP about.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Aegrotat said:

Honestly something about the cyborg gnomes creep me out and I just can't put my finger on it

"Flesh is flesh. Machine is machine. The two were never meant to intertwine!"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Frogspoison said:

 

Draenei get more then that though with their racial - Believe it's at 425. It's also constant, and doesn't decay.

Draenei are actually the best comparision atm for racial power, since theirs also heals for 20% health, but is targeted (Usable on anyone), 3 minute CD.

Mechagnome's heal racial will be useful in PvE for tanking, and maybe M+, but not so useful for other characters - Very few mechanics bring you below 20% health in raids without it either being a burst (So your healers have time to heal everyone) or a wipe (So you only delay the inevitable when the Boss goes up to smack you in the face).

More useful in PvP, but there are a few classes that can burst you in a single ability for the remainder of that 20%.

For the Vulpera, we don't know the exact bag of tricks yet. It could just be flat damage or healing. Or it could be a wide variety of options - A nuke, a burst heal, a shield, a stun, blessing of freedom, ect. Have to see.

And speaking of the utility options, the Mechgnomes option is really only a solid choice if you are a blacksmith, engineer, or mining. Everybody has toy campfires now. The whole multi-tool lets you save anywhere from 2 tools (If you don't have a gnomish army knife) to 0 (Herbalism/Alchemy).

Sure, lock-picking is nice, but on the other hand, Mecha-Rogues don't have a 5th racial with that!

The biggest thing is how the clone thing works - If it's just like Mirror Image, then it's somewhat decent, and Mechagnomes are a solid tank race - Not as good as KT, but solid (And KT aren't that popular). If it's wonky, then who knows?

Still, nothing to scream OP about.

Space Goats get 78 from heroic presence.  Not 425.  Getting 400 in a primary stat is just bonkers OP.  It will certainly be subjected to balance.  400 is more strength or agility then  ilvl 400 2 handed weapons give.  Aside from that, I generally agree.  The racials seems cool but really nothing too out of line.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

lets give the horde some fox creatures and make 2 alliance leaders the new leaders of the forsaken , sure they will be happy ....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Sombra said:

lets give the horde some fox creatures and make 2 alliance leaders the new leaders of the forsaken , sure they will be happy ....

Well, many people have wanted Vulpera, some will be happy. Also, Forsaken are former Alliance, after all they are undead humans of Lordaeron (and some other races too, like undead High Elves, albeit not playable).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Arcling said:

Well, many people have wanted Vulpera, some will be happy. Also, Forsaken are former Alliance, after all they are undead humans of Lordaeron (and some other races too, like undead High Elves, albeit not playable).

i can live with the vulpera, still the undead elfs or dark rangers whatever you want to call them would be better

 

but the bullshit that calia menethil and fuckin derrek proudmore will be the new undead leaders is to much

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Similar Content

    • By Stan
      Let's take a closer look at the latest Rogue changes from the War Within Beta.
      Rogue
      Hunt Them Down - Autoattacks against Marked targets deal an additional [ 10% 20% of Attack Power ] Plague damage. Serrated Bone Spikes - Rupture spends a stack to embed a bone spike in its target. Awards 1 combo point plus 1 additional per active bone spike.. Refunds a stack when the target dies. Prepare a Serrated Bone Spike every 30 sec, stacking up to 3 wSerrated - Serrated Bone Spike : Deals [ 120% of Attack Power ] Physical damage and [ 12% of Attack Power ] Bleed damage every 3 sec until the target dies or leaves combat Lingering Darkness - After Deathmark expires, gain 3 30 sec of 10% increased Nature damage. Deathstalker's Mark - Ambush from Stealth applies 3 stacks of Deathstalker's Mark to your target. When you spend 5 or more combo points on attacks against a Marked target you consume an application of Deathstalker's Mark, dealing [ 30% of Attack Power ] Plague damage and increasing the damage of your next Ambush or Mutilate by 10% Ambush from Stealth applies 2 stacks of Deathstalker's Mark to your target. When you spend 5 or more combo points on attacks against a Marked target you consume an application of Deathstalker's Mark, dealing [ 60% of Attack Power ] Plague damage and increasing the damage of your next Ambush or Mutilate by 20% Flensing Knives - Slice and Dice causes your Backstab to deal an additional [ 20% 40% of Attack Power ] Plague damage. Darkest Night - When you consume the final Deathstalker's Mark from a target, gain 60 Energy and your next Envenom cast with maximum combo points is guaranteed to critically strike, deals 30% additional damage, and applies 3 stacks of Deathstalker's Mark to the target. When you consume the final Deathstalker's Mark from a target, gain 40 Energy and your next Envenom cast with maximum combo points is guaranteed to critically strike, deals 60% additional damage, and applies 2 stacks of Deathstalker's Mark to the target.
    • By Staff
      The War Within pre-patch event will start on July 30th!
      Blizzard hasn't officially announced the release date for the War Within pre-patch, but the latest splash screen suggests that Radiant Echoes, the War Within pre-patch event begins on July 30, 2024.
      This would give players four weeks to join in before the new expansion officially drops on August 26 (or August 22 for Early Access holders).
      We expect the pre-patch to hit live servers on or before July 30!
      Check out the full splash screen in all its glory!
      Placeholder for tweet 1803346055330750635
    • By Stan
      Conzil FTP has completed Scholomance in 13.3 seconds in MoP Remix with a Level 20 character.
      While we understand that clipping isn't ideal, it's commonly used by most speedrunners in MoP Remix, and this run is no exception. Conzil defeated only the final boss of Scholomance in just 13.3 seconds.
      Why Level 20? Trial characters in Remix are capped at Level 20, allowing players to continue growing in power without surpassing that level, effectively creating an overpowered twink.
    • By Stan
      Over the past two decades, WoW saw 10 expansions, each bringing new content and increasing storage demands. From the original "Vanilla" release in 2004, requiring just 4 GB, to the upcoming "The War Within" expansion in 2024, which demands at least 128 GB SSD storage, Blizzard's iconic MMORPG continues to grow. 
      Today, we're diving into how the storage demands for World of Warcraft have grown over the past 20 years. While the original game needed only 4 GB of storage, two decades of new content and improvements have significantly increased this requirement. Now, you'll need at least 128 GB of SSD storage to enjoy the latest expansion!
      The following timeline highlights the release dates and storage requirements of each WoW expansion from its inception with "Vanilla" to the highly anticipated "The War Within" in 2024. 

      Recap
      Below is a recap of minimum storage requirements for all expansions. Thanks to Reddit user factor3x for the data!
      2004: World of Warcraft (Vanilla)
      Release Date: November 23, 2004 Storage Requirement: ~4 GB 2007: The Burning Crusade
      Release Date: January 16, 2007 Storage Requirement: ~10 GB 2008: Wrath of the Lich King
      Release Date: November 13, 2008 Storage Requirement: ~15 GB 2010: Cataclysm
      Release Date: December 7, 2010 Storage Requirement: ~25 GB 2012: Mists of Pandaria
      Release Date: September 25, 2012 Storage Requirement: ~30 GB 2014: Warlords of Draenor
      Release Date: November 13, 2014 Storage Requirement: ~35 GB 2016: Legion
      Release Date: August 30, 2016 Storage Requirement: ~45 GB 2018: Battle for Azeroth
      Release Date: August 14, 2018 Storage Requirement: ~70 GB 2020: Shadowlands
      Release Date: November 23, 2020 Storage Requirement: ~100 GB 2022: Dragonflight
      Release Date: November 28, 2022 Storage Requirement: ~120 GB 2024: The War Within
      Release Date: August 26, 2024 Storage Requirement: ~128 GB As you can see, the storage requirements have skyrocketed, but Blizzard has also improved their file system. They now use the same data for both retail and PTR, which has notably reduced the size of the clients. In the past, having separate retail and PTR clients took up a lot more disk space!
    • By Stan
      The requirements for The Great Vault have been updated in the Beta for the first War Within Season!

      For raids, you'll need to defeat 2, 4, or 6 bosses from Nerub'ar Palace to unlock the slots. For dungeons, you must complete 1 Heroic, Mythic, or Timewalking Dungeons to unlock the slots. The PvP category has been removed from the Great Vault and replaced with a World tab. To unlock items in the World Tab, you need to complete 3, 6, or 12 Delves or World Activities. You’re probably familiar with Delves, but World Activities are new. Under World Activities, think of events like Researchers Under Fire or Superblooms in Dragonflight.
      Overall, the World Tab is a great option for players who don't participate in raids or dungeons. You can still unlock your 3 item slots by completing Delves or other outdoor events.
×
×
  • Create New...