Orthios

SV stats

14 posts in this topic

So, I was just wondering about various stat weights and whether or not they'd be worth going after.  Mastery increases all damage dealt except auto and kill shot.  Crit is crit.  Haste increases focus regen.  I was wondering if the loss of agility would be worth the mastery/crit/haste gain.

Mixed Build

Mastery Build

Haste Build

Crit Build

Would any of these builds be worth going after?

Crit is king. Althnough mastery increases our magical damage it currently doesn't buff those abilities enough to be better than crit. Can you run a mastery build and do decent damage? Yes, you damage would still be enough to kill bosses, but if you want the most damage output you want a crit build.

The order goes agility, weapon damage, crit, haste, mastery

This post is a post for post related posts even though it shouldnt be a post because posts are posts and this is not a post!

Kattii delete me!

This post is a post for post related posts even though it shouldnt be a post because posts are posts and this is not a post!

Kattii delete me!

Silly Fouton :P

Crit is king. Althnough mastery increases our magical damage it currently doesn't buff those abilities enough to be better than crit. Can you run a mastery build and do decent damage? Yes, you damage would still be enough to kill bosses, but if you want the most damage output you want a crit build.

The order goes agility, weapon damage, crit, haste, mastery

I agree with Crit>Haste>Mastery but if you look at the Survival stats page, it's no longer Kennyloggins, it's some other random name and now it says Crit>Mastery>Haste (as of 3/31/2014), so... is that speculation? Because haste means focus regen, faster Black Arrow ticks, etc. How would Mastery be worth anything?

Master's star weights aren't as strong as haste. I'll make sure this gets corrected

Master's star weights aren't as strong as haste. I'll make sure this gets corrected

Woot, thanks. I was reading over it after finally getting my 4P Tier and I was like "uh...", no idea who Roger Brown is but that threw me off. :P

So, I've been playing around with BiS profiles on AMR and Female Dwarf, and i managed to get what I think is a pretty good profile.  AMR weights are the normal 5.4 formula build, except I have a haste cap of 10625 (25%) set at 2.4 up to, and 1.0 after, and mastery at 2.0.  This sets up a BiS profile with 43.46% crit and 28.73% mastery.  The difference between this setup and the 5.4 builds is only a few hundred, 1 or 2k at most.  

Woot, thanks. I was reading over it after finally getting my 4P Tier and I was like "uh...", no idea who Roger Brown is but that threw me off. tongue.png

Rogerbrown is a top tier hunter :P

You guys are including the effect haste has on our legendary meta and cloak right?  Since cloak is around 10% or so of our dps and is not affected by mastery it makes mastery a bit weaker as well.  That's why I said in a different post that capping haste at 25% may not be the BIS option if it lowers your meta and cloak procs by too much in comparison to a non capped build.

You guys are including the effect haste has on our legendary meta and cloak right?  Since cloak is around 10% or so of our dps and is not affected by mastery it makes mastery a bit weaker as well.  That's why I said in a different post that capping haste at 25% may not be the BIS option if it lowers your meta and cloak procs by too much in comparison to a non capped build.

Haste may increase the cloaks proc rate, but I haven't gotten the cloak yet. And also, I say that 25% haste is purely a personal thing, that's how much haste I want to have, right now. Once I get the legendary cloak, I may decide that I want more, but not for now.

It's been included,

The issue is that to go above 25% haste means sacrificing a significant amount of crit or mastery for a small gain of rppm. Looking at my own stats with 30% haste(I run marks usually), The cloak proc Bm is 2.27, MM 2.71, Surv 2.61/minute, The gain of haste at that level compared to 2.18 for BM, 2.61 for MM, for 2.51 Surv at 25% haste isn't going to be worth it. The 2200 rating of stat that can be put somewhere else ends up being worth more in either Crit or Mastery. 

As orthios said the haste level mentioned is personal opinion, for bm and surv I prefer ~22% haste for how my focus regens, but as Marksman I go insane if Im just shy of 29% because of the timing for aimedshot and focus.

Yeah, as Survival I don't actually use haste as the stat of choice, it's crit first then haste.  So I honestly never looked into where I should cap my haste.  I just figure since I'm not gemming/reforging into haste (Unless it's gear with hit/crit) I won't hit that wall you guys are talking about.