Jump to content
FORUMS
Starym

Possible Leaks: Overwatch 2, Diablo 4 and Diablo 2 Remastered to Be Announced at BlizzCon?

Recommended Posts

s6pvsY1.jpg
 

We have a couple of weeks left until BlizzCon and the leaks and rumors have been heating up, with today's having at least a hint of credibility. It comes from streamer Metro_ow, and he's claiming to have a source that has given him a lot of info on the announcements and some game specifics for Overwatch 2 as well.

Why should he be considered credible? He's already leaked a number of things about Ashe from last year's BlizzCon, around a week before the actual reveal, with the info coming from the same source - "someone tied directly to a Blizzard dev". Now, obviously that doesn't mean his leaks are real this time around, but it at least separates him from the pack. But what exactly is he leaking?

Overwatch 2

8R5TPcF.png
Early concept art for Overwatch 1. Will we see some of the unused Heroes above appear in No. 2?

The name itself will indeed be just Overwatch 2, will have a cinematic announcing it and will be a fully featured PvE and PvP game. It will also have a leveling system that will affect and change Heroes abilities (for example Tracer will be able to augment her Pulse Bomb to stick multiple enemies after a certain level), but it's unclear if this system is for PvE only or PVP as well. Here are some more details straight from the source:

Diablo 4 and Diablo 2 Remastered

Dp1HlEW.jpg

The Diablo leaks are significantly less concrete, with only this pretty off-hand tweet mentioning them:

We did hear rumors/leaks of a Diablo 4 announcement last year as well, and those turned out to be... complicated, as they were either untrue or Blizzard decided to pull the announcement at the last minute, depending on who you believe. It seems very plausible we do get an announcement this year though, at the very least a logo or cinematic tease, especially after last year's less-than-warm reception for Diablo: Immortal. As far as the remaster goes, it's been rumored to be in development for quite some time now, so it also wouldn't be surprising to see it pop up now, and it would certainly be very welcome. Perhaps WoW Classic's success has put it on the front burner?

 

And finally, here's Metro himself giving his "credentials":

 

Source: r/Overwatch.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What a coincidence, right after the china fiasco!

Whats more , do you honestly think they would develop diablo 4 , when diablo mobile isnt even released yet? 

Just fake news in order to restore blizzard's image. Good luck with that.

  • Like 2
  • Sad 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Kurosu said:

What a coincidence, right after the china fiasco!

Whats more , do you honestly think they would develop diablo 4 , when diablo mobile isnt even released yet? 

Just fake news in order to restore blizzard's image. Good luck with that.

While I'm not saying these aren't to try and restore their image, Diablo 4 and mobile have nothing to do with eachother. they wouldn't at all be the same team and it's not like they can't announce diablo 4 until mobile is out. Bethesda announced ES6 the same day they announced their crappy mobile game.

I'm also not sure if "there are going to be some things at blizzcon which is coming up really soon" is necessarily to do with China, considering these leaks come out every year.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Aegrotat said:

While I'm not saying these aren't to try and restore their image, Diablo 4 and mobile have nothing to do with eachother. they wouldn't at all be the same team and it's not like they can't announce diablo 4 until mobile is out. Bethesda announced ES6 the same day they announced their crappy mobile game.

I'm also not sure if "there are going to be some things at blizzcon which is coming up really soon" is necessarily to do with China, considering these leaks come out every year.

You just replied to yourself. When bethesda announced their mobile game they announced ES6 ( like it needed announcement) at the SAME TIME. Blizzard announced diablo mobile and hasnt made any diablo 4 mentions at all since then. Now ofc its likely they will announce it but we will all know why.

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Does anyone commenting actually check what's up outside of icy-veins? For one d4 has been in the make for a while and d2 remake is most likely next from the team that does remakes/keeps up the older games, this is coming from people like Asmongold who have the better insider information too, it's just they only hint at what they know, to protect the people that leak to them at all costs. 

Get over the china stuff, you say that and are most likely played Legends of Runeterra, which is a Riot game and they are owned 100% by a Chinese company, Tencent. Where as Blizzard Activision only has a 5% steak from them... 

 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Kurosu said:

What a coincidence, right after the china fiasco!

Whats more , do you honestly think they would develop diablo 4 , when diablo mobile isnt even released yet? 

Just fake news in order to restore blizzard's image. Good luck with that.

Diablo Immortal is being developed by a different company, not sure how that would have any bearing on if and when they develop Diablo 4. 

Edited by VictorVakaras

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Kurosu said:

What a coincidence, right after the china fiasco!

Whats more , do you honestly think they would develop diablo 4 , when diablo mobile isnt even released yet? 

Just fake news in order to restore blizzard's image. Good luck with that.

Yes? It's not Blizzard who's actually developing Diablo immortal, you know this right?

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

my question is with the success of overwatch and It's league in general, why would they announce overwatch 2 so soon and split the player base? granted we don't know what ow2 actually is but its a genuine question in my opinion.

Edited by Ohmybadness

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, Ohmybadness said:

my question is with the success of overwatch and It's league in general, why would they announce overwatch 2 so soon and split the player base? granted we don't know what ow2 actually is but its a genuine question in my opinion.

Fair point, that's why most of those leaks are doubtful. Separate game would drive people away from the main one, I don't think they want that, as it also draws attention away from e-sports scene (and they've invested a lot into it). Possibly, it's a working title, so perhaps it turns out to be a larger content patch/expansion? Kinda like "HotS 2.0" update.

 

7 hours ago, Kurosu said:

Blizzard announced diablo mobile and hasnt made any diablo 4 mentions at all since then. Now ofc its likely they will announce it but we will all know why.

Yes, there has been no official mention of number 4 anywhere, which doesn't make sense to keep it a secret at this point, if it's true (in fact, it would have helped them to just mention "4" to alleviate the Immortal fiasco a bit). Some have speculated that it's a "Diablo with subtitle", we will know pretty soon anyway.

Edited by Arcling

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Overwatch 2 wouldnt come out for a couple of years so your claim that it's less likely is somewhat weird. Ofc the OW community would move over to OW2, especially the PvP players and if they added PvE they'd go for that Destiny/Borderlands crowd (depening on whether it would have item drops). Remember how OW is actually Titan, the old MMO? Well this would just be adding more of those old features back into the game and moving it back to what it originally was.

 

And about Diablo 4 OF COURSE they're making it and have been making it for years now. Blizzard never mention anything until it's ready to announce officially, with this year being the possible exception if they really had to restart development same as they did with 3. I'm sure they'll say something about, like you say even a number and logo, but that's mostly due to the fiasco from last year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Starym said:

Remember how OW is actually Titan, the old MMO? Well this would just be adding more of those old features back into the game and moving it back to what it originally was.

Well, previous "leaks" referred to it as pve game, without pvp. It's not as easy as it sounds. It would mean remaking them, not a simple copy/paste from cancelled game. Overwatch is a very different game from what Titan was supposed to be, so it's not accurate to say that is the same. Also, pvp is a mess to balance, restarting and changing it would split the community, even many pros wouldn't be happy (possibly like with SC1 and 2 split, but on a larger scale).

More importantly, it goes against their live service direction, to keep expanding on a game, rather than making a sequels in typical way (like Ow was supposed to be alive for years, like LoL for example). But again, we could all be wrong about it.

34 minutes ago, Starym said:

Blizzard never mention anything until it's ready to announce officially

Perhaps it's for the best to change it, and make even a small teasers like many others do. Because doing it like usual had worked for them so well last year...

Edited by Arcling

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Arcling said:

Well, previous "leaks" referred to it as pve game, without pvp. It's not as easy as it sounds. It would mean remaking them, not a simple copy/paste from cancelled game. Overwatch is a very different game from what Titan was supposed to be, so it's not accurate to say that is the same. Also, pvp is a mess to balance, restarting and changing it would split the community, even many pros wouldn't be happy (possibly like with SC1 and 2 split, but on a larger scale).

Perhaps it's for the best to change it, and make even a small teasers like many others do. Because doing it like usual had worked for them so well last year...

Have to disagree on the OW2 thing. They'll just use the exact same PvP with some improvements, they wont change it up too much. And the PvE is a relatively easy addition since the core of the game is Titan, the reason they didnt put it in OW1 is cos they would have needed like a year or two more (aka exactly this amount of time to now) and they wanted it out to salvage something from Titan.

Now they MIGHT go the Destiny route and have PvE impact PvP but i highly doubt it. PvP stays the same and PvE is added on. Same engine improved gfx etc. The entire OW community has been crying for a proper PvE and story mode for a long time now.

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Starym said:

Have to disagree on the OW2 thing. They'll just use the exact same PvP with some improvements, they wont change it up too much. And the PvE is a relatively easy addition since the core of the game is Titan, the reason they didnt put it in OW1 is cos they would have needed like a year or two more (aka exactly this amount of time to now) and they wanted it out to salvage something from Titan.

Now they MIGHT go the Destiny route and have PvE impact PvP but i highly doubt it. PvP stays the same and PvE is added on. Same engine improved gfx etc. The entire OW community has been crying for a proper PvE and story mode for a long time now.

But then they wouldn't need a new game, just an update to existing one ("live service"). Games can drastically change during development, so it's not really a Titan anymore. You can't design and optimise team-based shooter in the same way you would do with a crowded MMO. "Pulling something out", well that's not how it works (many developers would wish it was that easy to reuse stuff), that game got scrapped. Of course, we don't have detailed insight, so your guess is as good as mine.

By balancing, I meant whether they will try staying faithful with characters in a new pvp mode/game or if they will try to shake things up (like with returning units from SC1 in SC2, but with different abilities, stats etc.). That could have been a very divisive issue among players, not to mention the already uncertain future of their e-sports. Regardless, it's rather interesting if it turns out completely true, because it would mean that they are (at least partially) abandoning their "live service" model (short service? 😄).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Arcling said:

But then they wouldn't need a new game, just an update to existing one ("live service"). Games can drastically change during development, so it's not really a Titan anymore. You can't design and optimise team-based shooter in the same way you would do with a crowded MMO. "Pulling something out", well that's not how it works (many developers would wish it was that easy to reuse stuff), that game got scrapped. Of course, we don't have detailed insight, so your guess is as good as mine.

By balancing, I meant whether they will try staying faithful with characters in a new pvp mode/game or if they will try to shake things up (like with returning units from SC1 in SC2, but with different abilities, stats etc.). That could have been a very divisive issue among players, not to mention the already uncertain future of their e-sports. Regardless, it's rather interesting if it turns out completely true, because it would mean that they are (at least partially) abandoning their "live service" model (short service? 😄).

I doubt they can just add the entire PvE system into OW1. It's maps story, leveling, they have to change all the heroes and how they work for PvE, not to mention if they introduce items (which i dont think they will) it's way more than an expansion IMO.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Starym said:

I doubt they can just add the entire PvE system into OW1. It's maps story, leveling, they have to change all the heroes and how they work for PvE, not to mention if they introduce items (which i dont think they will) it's way more than an expansion IMO.

Indeed, that would have been difficult to do, although a lot of it seems possible now (and plenty of "live service" games had completely new modes added to them), like changing character kits just for one mode. Workshop allows that and that's only a fraction of what they could do. Still, unknown how it's all going to affect the potential split in community, e-sports, and as their history with HotS readily demonstrates, they won't hesitate to pull the plug. Another PR disaster is the last thing they need right now. This year especially, when something may always happen that will overshadow game-related issues.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Arcling said:

Indeed, that would have been difficult to do, although a lot of it seems possible now (and plenty of "live service" games had completely new modes added to them), like changing character kits just for one mode. Workshop allows that and that's only a fraction of what they could do. Still, unknown how it's all going to affect the potential split in community, e-sports, and as their history with HotS readily demonstrates, they won't hesitate to pull the plug. Another PR disaster is the last thing they need right now. This year especially, when something may always happen that will overshadow game-related issues.

I guess it depends on WHEN it's planned to come out. If it's in the next year then I'd have to agree with you, but as I think it'd be more the 2-3 year range I'd say OW2 makes perfect sense.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Kurosu said:

You just replied to yourself. When bethesda announced their mobile game they announced ES6 ( like it needed announcement) at the SAME TIME. Blizzard announced diablo mobile and hasnt made any diablo 4 mentions at all since then. Now ofc its likely they will announce it but we will all know why.

And we've seen... how many blizzcons since Diablo Immortal was announced? Wow I'm shocked that Blizzard would announce a game at blizzcon and not say anything about it outside of blizzcon. Nope, they've never done THAT before

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Similar Content

    • By Stan
      All important BlizzCon-related news and announcements can be found in this hub. Check back often for updates!
      Opening Ceremony Live Stream Recap Community Interviews
      Bay & Preach Interview with Game Director Ion Hazzikostas MrGM BlizzCon 2019 Interview Reddit WoW BlizzCon 2019 Interview MMO-Champion BlizzCon 2019 Interview Kotaku BlizzCon 2019 Interview The Lost Codex BlizzCon 2019 Interview Method's BlizzCon 2019 Interview Eurogamer BlizzCon 2019 Interview Preach's Post-BlizzCon Talk About Shadowlands World of Warcraft
      Shadowlands WoW Expansion Announcement Shadowlands Details: Level Squished to 60, Concept Art, Features Trailer World of Warcraft Shadowlands Panel Recap World of Warcraft Shadowlands Deep Dive Preliminary 9.0 Class Changes The Jailer is the Main Villain of Shadowlands World of Warcraft BlizzCon 2019 Q&A Recap System and Rewards Improvements in Shadowlands: Less RNG, More Fun Shadowlands Pre-Order Now Open Upgrading Your Version of Shadowlands All Classes Can Become Death Knights in the Shadowlands Expansion Death Knights and Demon Hunters Start At Level 1 in Patch 9.0 New Character Customization Options Bastion and Kyrian Covenant Official Preview Updates to the Shadowlands Site Reveal New Info Kyrian Covenant Class-Specific Abilities Overview Legendary Items Will Become Transmogable Baby Alpaca Charity Pet Coming Early December Leveling Improvements No Faction Merge Planned for Patch 9.0 Blizzard Developing Small WoW Board Game Dying and Corpse Running in Shadowlands Pathfinder Removal for Old Expansions (Speculation) Shadowlands Gameplay (Slootbag, Towelliee) Diablo IV
      Diablo IV Revealed + Cinematics & Gameplay Trailers Diablo IV Systems and Features Panel Recap Diablo IV Panel Recap Diablo IV Detailed: Assets, Press Release Quarterly Updates on Diablo IV's Development Unreleased Information from Streams More New Info - Second Dev Interview from Streams Official Diablo 4 Preview All Diablo IV Talents Day 2 Gameplay Streams Diablo IV: World and Lore Panel Recap Diablo IV Collective Dev Interview Official Features Overview and Q&A Game Informer Interview with Allen Adham VentureBeat BlizzCon 2019 Interview Game Informer Gameplay Videos All Diablo IV Item Affixes from the Demo Diablo IV Will Have Microtransactions Diablo: Immortal
      Official Diablo: Immortal Preview Diablo: Immortal Development Update Video Post-BlizzCon Development Update Overwatch 2
      Overwatch 2 Reveal Overwatch 2 What's Next Panel Recap Hearthstone
      Hearthstone Expansion Reveal: Descent of Dragons Descent of Dragon Details: New Keyword, Battlegrounds, Card Reveals Heroes of the Storm
      Heroes of the Storm What's Next Panel Recap Heroes of the Storm BlizzCon 2019 Q&A Recap Into the Nexus BlizzCon 2019 Interview Free Deathwing for Virtual Ticket Holders All Deatwing Talents All Heroes Unlocked Through Nov 11 Heroes of the Storm Content Update: Deathwing Abilities Preview, Mephisto's Revenge Toy II Event, Art Assets Warcraft 3 Reforged
      Warcraft 3 Reforged Beta Keys for Virtual Ticket Holders Going Out Soon WoW Classic
      WoW Classic Phase 2 Launches Nov 12 Diablo III
      Lilith's Wings in Diablo III (Virtual Ticket Reward) Misc
      New Battle.net Desktop App Beta A place for all the latest BlizzCon news and announcements.
    • By Stan
      If you didn't have the chance to watch or attend this year's BlizzCon, here's a video from Blizzard which highlights all reveals in 3 minutes.
      For more details, check out our BlizzCon 2019 Content Hub!
      Blizzard
      Relive the all the exciting announcements and moments from BlizzCon 2019:
      Diablo 4 Reveal Overwatch 2 Reveal World of Warcraft Shadowlands Reveal Hearthstone Descent of Dragons Reveal BlizzCon Community Night Hearthstone Global Finals: VKLiooon Makes History as First Female Global Champion Overwatch World Cup: USA Is Crowned World Champions After Defeating China In Grand Final
    • By Starym
      Blizzard have been tweeting out a whole bunch of summaries for the announcements in the first day of BlizzCon, in 3-minute video format! If you're not up to reading a whole lot and just want the very, very basic info and highlights, or just want to remind yourself of the best parts of the con so far, here they are!
      Check out our BlizzCon 2019 Content Hub for all the latest details!
       
    • By Starym
      Here come the reveals of the Coming Soon panels, as well as more added later on in the event, as well as the closing act! We have Diablo 4 coming up first, followed by Overwatch, WoW and Hearthstone!
      For more details check out our BlizzCon 2019 Content Hub!



    • By Starym
      With the Warcraft 25 year anniversary, Blizzard are treating everyone that bought a Virtual Ticket (and remember, you can buy it during or after the event as well) will get access to the Warcraft 3: Reforged beta!

      The first wave of beta invites went out to those who pre-purchased Spoils of War. The second one is coming right after that to everyone who pre-purchased the Standard Edition of the game.
      For more details check out our BlizzCon 2019 Content Hub!
×
×
  • Create New...