FORUMS
Damien

PoJ Tempest Rush Monk

Hi,

in the Skills and Runes section, the passive skills shown are different that those described in 3. Passive Skills paragraph. 

Edited by EvanMcMerlin

Guest Dopemonk
On 11/26/2019 at 4:54 AM, Guest Utter1jc said:

Why the azurewrath instead of vengeful wind?

I was thinking the same thing. It (vengeful wind) effectively increases move speed by 5%x10stacks so 50% move speed plus increases the dmg done by SW by 600-800% (I rolled an 800% >:]). Seems like a no brainer. I don’t understand having azurewrath or pig sticker in that slot. 

Furthermore, I have cord of the Sherma equipped as it has a chance on hit to blind which procs cesar’s memento more frequently. I have lefebvre’s soliloquy OR mantle of channeling equipped in kanais cube or on, whichever rolls better stats. Furthermore, I’ve been using an ancient legendary hellfire amulet in order to run 5 passives (relentless assault/resolve, beacon of ytar, momentum, harmony, sixth sense) as opposed to the flavor of time; I’ve found more consistent dmg in the GRs, particularly solo, translate to higher success rates with the hellfire ammy whereas in groups I end up using the flavor of time to scale higher in the GRs. 

12 hours ago, Guest Dopemonk said:

I was thinking the same thing. It (vengeful wind) effectively increases move speed by 5%x10stacks so 50% move speed plus increases the dmg done by SW by 600-800% (I rolled an 800% >:]). Seems like a no brainer. I don’t understand having azurewrath or pig sticker in that slot. 

Furthermore, I have cord of the Sherma equipped as it has a chance on hit to blind which procs cesar’s memento more frequently. I have lefebvre’s soliloquy OR mantle of channeling equipped in kanais cube or on, whichever rolls better stats. Furthermore, I’ve been using an ancient legendary hellfire amulet in order to run 5 passives (relentless assault/resolve, beacon of ytar, momentum, harmony, sixth sense) as opposed to the flavor of time; I’ve found more consistent dmg in the GRs, particularly solo, translate to higher success rates with the hellfire ammy whereas in groups I end up using the flavor of time to scale higher in the GRs. 

Actually, Sweeping winds cause way less damage than a fully charged flurry explosion, even with vengeful wind equipped. It's very nice and desirable in speed runs, but for pushing, more frost damage (from azurewrath) is the way. 

Guest Thomas

Reg. Gear stats. Socket is NOT guaranteed on Flavor of Time

Guest nick6384

https://www.d3planner.com/316048450

not sure if i posted this right, but i am currently running the above setup.  does  pretty good farming up to GR 85 in about 5 minutes, but  going over 95 is a wipe-fest.  any help would be greatly appreciated.  i have a primal azurewrath, but is a significant drop in my damage output and survivability

Is it intentional that this set does not merit a speed-farming tag? You'd think a set bonus giving +65% move speed would have at least some relevance to speed farming...

Also, I notice that there is not a single monk build with a bounties tag. Even if none of the monk builds are absolute tops for it, surely there must be at least one that is OK for it?

On 7/26/2020 at 1:11 AM, briala said:

(...), surely there must be at least one that is OK for it?

You're absolutely correct on pointing out the lack of some of these tags - both PoJ and SWK TR more than deserve a speed farming tag, and they both deal very well with DB farming - so that has been added as well. It should be reflected on the site shortly, apologies if there was any confusion about it.

• Like 1

This speed farm guide references using breath of heaven skill with zephyr and then also references using cyclone strike with wall of wind; however, it does not include using cyclone strike as a skill at all! 

Breath of heaven zephyr is not needed and must go in order to run cyclone strike wall of wind. Once that change is made, you can go back to using epiphany dessert shroud for much needed defense.

I have a speed rift (keys) setup that focuses on sweeping wind damage that is very usefull in mid to late season when most of your gear is augmented.

The build uses:

Tempest Rush - electric field

Epiphany - dessert shroud

Cyclone strike - wall of wind

Sweeping wind - any rune

Dashing strike - way of the falling star

Mantra of conviction - annihilation 

Passives: near death experience, beacon of ytar, harmony, and momentum.

The build drops captain crimsons in favor of weaves of justice(boots) and Kyroshiro's soul(belt). The kyroshiro's soul aids in keeping your sweeping wind stacks at 13 while also boosting sweeping wind damage by upto 125%.

If using augmented gear, this setup can kill enemies without needing much assistance from tempest rush damage, allowing the cubed balance to be replaced with the in-geom for infinite dashes. You will also no longer need the RoRG and can cube the flavor of time with either mantle of channeling or gold wraps.

Using averice band and boon of the hoarder in place of the coe.

Edited by eXisFOHDR

On 8/9/2020 at 2:43 PM, eXisFOHDR said:

This speed farm guide references using breath of heaven skill with zephyr and then also references using cyclone strike with wall of wind; however, it does not include using cyclone strike as a skill at all! 

While I still think Breath of Heaven Zephyr is a nice addition to a speed farming build, you are correct in pointing out the erroneous reference to Cyclone Strike Wall of Wind - it has been fixed and should be up on the site shortly! The suggested route to trigger the Cesar's Memento proc is via the Ascendance rune on Epiphany, but if you feel this variant is too risky to play with, your alteration will serve you just fine! ?

Guest Monkking

Hi the ORotZ stats in the gear section suggests CHC, CHD, Socket. But it’s guaranteed stats are AS, CDR, RCR, CHC. So is it really possible to get the suggested stats?

On 9/7/2020 at 8:43 AM, Guest Monkking said:

Hi the ORotZ stats in the gear section suggests CHC, CHD, Socket. But it’s guaranteed stats are AS, CDR, RCR, CHC. So is it really possible to get the suggested stats?

Hey - I have submitted a small update that differentiates more clearly between the two rings, as you are right to wonder about ORotZ and its possible rolls. The updated table should be up on the website shortly. To answer your question directly, your ideal ORotZ will be Socket - Crit Chance - CDR - RCR.

Guest Monkking
9 hours ago, Deadset said:

Hey - I have submitted a small update that differentiates more clearly between the two rings, as you are right to wonder about ORotZ and its possible rolls. The updated table should be up on the website shortly. To answer your question directly, your ideal ORotZ will be Socket - Crit Chance - CDR - RCR.

Good to hear! Was really confuse with that. And yes I took that route and hust drop Aspd. Thanks for the clarification!

Guest Bigman

How do you use epiphany to teleport appropriately since no skills on the bar have autoattacks?

On 9/9/2020 at 11:45 AM, Deadset said:

A similar question about The Flavor of Time. You can't possibly roll all 6 of the preferred stats, right? I'm guessing it's better to roll away the movement speed than the CDR?

Re: S22 speed farming build. If going with the non-Sage speed set, one should already have Nemesis cubed. What goes into the 4th slot with this variant?

Considering the conquests this season, it seems like the non-Sage speed set might be really useful.

I'm thinking maybe keep Goldwrap and Nemesis cubed, and wear a Kyoshiro's Soul?

Edited by solitha

Re: S22 solo build

There may have been some confusion when updating the page. It suggests Inna's Sandals to complete this PoJ set. If the boots are replaced, it breaks the Capt Crimson's set, without replacing the belt. And with the boots completing the 6-pc set and breaking Crimson's, there's no reason for RoRG in the cube... but no replacement suggested.

My guess is that we're just to replace the weapons, cube the Won Khim Lau, and keep the rest?

On 11/2/2020 at 7:08 PM, solitha said:

A similar question about The Flavor of Time. You can't possibly roll all 6 of the preferred stats, right? I'm guessing it's better to roll away the movement speed than the CDR?

Hey! Yes, on a Flavor of Time, movement speed is the one to go in terms of main stats.

On 11/19/2020 at 8:38 PM, solitha said:

Re: S22 speed farming build. If going with the non-Sage speed set, one should already have Nemesis cubed. What goes into the 4th slot with this variant?

Considering the conquests this season, it seems like the non-Sage speed set might be really useful.

I'm thinking maybe keep Goldwrap and Nemesis cubed, and wear a Kyoshiro's Soul?

Goldwrap is a really good candidate in a non-Sage speed farming build, yes. I'm not a huge fan of Kyoshiro's Soul - I just perceive its legendary power as a crutch rather than a real bonus - but its damage bonuses can be decent early on in a Season. I might try a generic speed boost like Krelm's Buff Belt instead.

On 11/19/2020 at 8:58 PM, solitha said:

My guess is that we're just to replace the weapons, cube the Won Khim Lau, and keep the rest?

Correct, I have pushed out a small update to fix the copy-paste error. The replacement is just in the weapons!

• Thanks 1

Guest Wonder

Hi there! I really like this build so far except for one thing that I have noticed is that the Blinding Flash ability does not actually stop the channeling of the Tempest Rush and release the cold damage! Is this a bug? Or am I missing something else? Why is no one else having this problem? I have to stop holding the Tempest Rush button even after using Blinding Flash to release the cold damage, which also removes the 50% damage reduction from the poj set for tempest rush which is really annoying! Please help haha! This build would be perfect if it worked as described here! Thanks for your time!

Guest fjordn

I feel like I'm doing something wrong - Shenlong's set drains my Spirit to zero pretty frequently. Meaning, I can't perma Tempest Rush and sometimes can't re-activate Sweeping Wind before it expires and I lose my stacks. (Also makes it a *filtered* to time with Convention of Elements, but that's not that big of a deal so far).

21 hours ago, Guest Wonder said:

Hi there! I really like this build so far except for one thing that I have noticed is that the Blinding Flash ability does not actually stop the channeling of the Tempest Rush and release the cold damage! Is this a bug? Or am I missing something else? Why is no one else having this problem? I have to stop holding the Tempest Rush button even after using Blinding Flash to release the cold damage, which also removes the 50% damage reduction from the poj set for tempest rush which is really annoying! Please help haha! This build would be perfect if it worked as described here! Thanks for your time!

I've experienced the same thing. Maybe it depends on where you play? I play on PS4. I actually find it useful, I run into mobs and use blind right before entering the mob. Cyclone strike nicely groups the mob and then I release the flurry manually. 

Guest Whizzler
16 hours ago, Guest fjordn said:

I feel like I'm doing something wrong - Shenlong's set drains my Spirit to zero pretty frequently. Meaning, I can't perma Tempest Rush and sometimes can't re-activate Sweeping Wind before it expires and I lose my stacks. (Also makes it a *filtered* to time with Convention of Elements, but that's not that big of a deal so far).

I have the same problem. Shenlongs drains my spirits which breaks my flurry build up and CoE timing.... what am i doing wrong?

Guest Tomtoro

Sorry I'm totally new at this level of build and play, could you xplain the choice of weapons please? I'm sure I'm missing something, wouldn't you have to stop channelling to use your basics to keep your faith/mana up? 

Guest Anonymous
21 hours ago, Guest Whizzler said:

I have the same problem. Shenlongs drains my spirits which breaks my flurry build up and CoE timing.... what am i doing wrong?

Same someone clarify plz. 

Hey! The rotation in S22 definitely gets trickier due to the Shenlong's inclusion, but once you get it down, you will definitely see results. 

The trick lies in Spirit buildup management. You will want to purposefully spend your Spirit with manual re-activations of Sweeping Wind (75 Spirit base) and Mantra of Salvation (50 Spirit base) as it builds up from channeling Tempest Rush while you wait for the Convention of Elements cycle. Just before you reach the Cold part of the rotation, let your Spirit build up to full, gaining the damage buff and releasing your burst with a Blinding Flash pop.

It's not the easiest thing to pull off, but it's definitely manageable and is the proper way to play the build at the highest tiers. If you are not interested in complicating the rotation (completely understandable), you can simply go with the usual WKL + Pigsticker/Azurewrath weapon and offhand combo, and use a 4th generic damage buff in your additional Cube slot, i.e. The Furnace.

A generator attack is not needed for the more important half of the Shenlong set effect, which is the damage buff. Ignore its Primary attack buffing properties.